PDA

View Full Version : **"OU only beat Kansas by 14", says espn**

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 09:51 PM
"Reesing's two interceptions was the difference in the game.", said Jesse Palmer.

Why do I watch this shilt? Srsly, why?

I'll accept any response...I deserve it.

Turd_Ferguson
10/23/2008, 09:53 PM
**** off dip ****!

King Crimson
10/23/2008, 09:58 PM
they also said we couldn't stop them.

i guess we got lucky. interesting, we were never behind in the game and they never got closer than a touchdown...and they score the last TD of the game for the final margin....where we were up 3 TDs before that?

TXBOOMER
10/23/2008, 10:10 PM
F Jessie Hairy Palmers

kevpks
10/23/2008, 10:20 PM
I am sure if we were in the SEC the game would have been called "gritty" and a sign of our resolve.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2008, 10:40 PM
Technically, it's hard to argue with the statement if I did my math correctly.:cool: I guess if a 14 pt win against a ranked team is disappointing, we'll just have to take the 'W' with our heads down and go on and whip KSU.

snp
10/23/2008, 10:45 PM
Just like Mark May's recap of why we lost to Texas:

"Sam Bradford had 2 critical interceptions and that was the difference"

You don't really expect these guys to know about the games, do you?

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 10:59 PM

He didn't really say that, did he?

snp
10/23/2008, 11:00 PM
He didn't really say that, did he?

Yup. I made sure to write that one down since it was so dumb.

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 11:01 PM
Not like it wasn't on his "Family of Networks" or anything.

hink4769
10/23/2008, 11:57 PM
I thought Palmer was good when he first started, I guess he's been hanging around Holtz and May too much. Not really his fault if thats the case.

KingBarry
10/24/2008, 12:38 AM

After years of hearing ***-clowns spout bull sheisse on my TV, I came to figure out that these guys don't watch 10,000 games a year. What they do watch is highlights, and what they do know is statistics.

So looking at stats of the game, one thing that really jumps out is the two picks charged to Sammy. I'm pretty sure that's why he made the statement.

While I can understand why May would come to that conclusion, it is still stupid. And I can understand that the talking heads can't watch every play and therefore what they say is bound to be a lot of guesswork, what I would like to see is a little humility from them. In other words, if you don't really know what you are talking about, don't act like every syllable that falls from your mouth is wisdom from on high being passed down to the illiterate peasants, starving for each crumb.

But that probably would be too much to ask.

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2008, 01:41 AM
I peronally think they probably DID watch the entire OU-FAG game. Problem being they watched for the sole purpose of looking for reasons to rip on OU. The good news is they aren't calling us the best team in the history of college FB.

But really, screw 'em and then thank 'em for the relief to our horniness and then show our appreciation for ESPN360 keeping a few of us able to watch out of market games.

But mainly...teabag those SUC boosters.

jps
10/24/2008, 01:43 AM
After years of hearing ***-clowns spout bull sheisse on my TV, I came to figure out that these guys don't watch 10,000 games a year. What they do watch is highlights, and what they do know is statistics.

So looking at stats of the game, one thing that really jumps out is the two picks charged to Sammy. I'm pretty sure that's why he made the statement.

While I can understand why May would come to that conclusion, it is still stupid. And I can understand that the talking heads can't watch every play and therefore what they say is bound to be a lot of guesswork, what I would like to see is a little humility from them. In other words, if you don't really know what you are talking about, don't act like every syllable that falls from your mouth is wisdom from on high being passed down to the illiterate peasants, starving for each crumb.

I think you are dead on about them not being able to watch the games but then be expected to report in detail on them and all they can look at are numbers.

I also agree on the delivery but that will never change. They are the "experts" right?

OU-HSV
10/24/2008, 07:17 AM
Just like last year, when we "Barely beat Mizzou in the regular season".
It's so stupid when people/media play this "what if" game. You could use what if theory in every game. Like how about this, what if Chase Daniel could play in big games, or what if Mizzou had a defense, or what if texass didn't have Colt McCoy at QB, or what if Jordon Shipley had the flu and wouldn't have been able to play in the RRR game. It's stupid, and I'm tired of the espn fags like Jesse Palmer and Lou Holtz.
In Lou Holtz's opinion last night, he said that Colt McCoy is head and shoulders above any other Heisman contender, said that no one is as accurate, blah blah blah. Screw Lou, Jesse and any other d-bags out there that are preaching that b.s.
(Sorry, had to get my morning venting out) :D

Johnny Utah
10/24/2008, 07:56 AM
I am sure if we were in the SEC the game would have been called "gritty" and a sign of our resolve.

Or Corso would have gushed over OU's "character" by refusing to give up :rolleyes: .

badger
10/24/2008, 08:34 AM
We only won by 14 because Mark Mangino ate the addition seven points in our lead with about two minutes left.

You cannot blame him - a four-hour game means a hungry Coach Mark.

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 08:39 AM
Just like last year, when we "Barely beat Mizzou in the regular season".
It's so stupid when people/media play this "what if" game. You could use what if theory in every game. Like how about this, what if Chase Daniel could play in big games, or what if Mizzou had a defense, or what if texass didn't have Colt McCoy at QB, or what if Jordon Shipley had the flu and wouldn't have been able to play in the RRR game. It's stupid, and I'm tired of the espn fags like Jesse Palmer and Lou Holtz.
In Lou Holtz's opinion last night, he said that Colt McCoy is head and shoulders above any other Heisman contender, said that no one is as accurate, blah blah blah. Screw Lou, Jesse and any other d-bags out there that are preaching that b.s.
(Sorry, had to get my morning venting out) :D

In the same broadcast, they said texas has a "great defense", and the Muschamp buttsnogglin continued. I guess that means OU has a great defense as well, since they are ranked #1 in the conference.

OU-HSV
10/24/2008, 08:42 AM
In the same broadcast, they said texas has a "great defense", and the Muschamp buttsnogglin continued. I guess that means OU has a great defense as well, since they are ranked #1 in the conference.

Ha, no doubt

BornandBred
10/24/2008, 08:45 AM
We 'barely got by' Kansas, but Colt 'handled' us? This stuff is brutal. I'd say UT barely got by OU because everything went their way, and OU handled KU and gave up some trash in the end to make it look competitive. 'Course, I'm a homer...

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 08:47 AM
We 'barely got by' Kansas, but Colt 'handled' us? This stuff is brutal. I'd say UT barely got by OU because everything went their way, and OU handled KU and gave up some trash in the end to make it look competitive. 'Course, I'm a homer...

In the second half, yup.

BornandBred
10/24/2008, 08:56 AM
In the second half, yup.

I suppose you're more akrut.

NormanPride
10/24/2008, 09:37 AM
We got by Kansas in the first half okay, and had a solid lead. The second half we dominated.

Texas was behind the whole game, and won the fourth quarter solidly.

Okie35
10/24/2008, 10:12 AM
"Reesing's two interceptions was the difference in the game.", said Jesse Palmer.

they have to be politically correct... just like when they say this about anyone in general "hes playing as well as anyone on the country"... i always say to myself "ya think" :rolleyes:

stoopified
10/24/2008, 10:37 AM
Me too,brother.

Mile High Sooner
10/24/2008, 11:02 AM

You're looking for love in all the wrong places... ;)

As long as we just add a W each week to our remaining schedule, our road to the Orange Bowl will all work out if:

either
A) Pokes pull a miracle outta their butts in Austin

or
B) tOSU pins an L on Papa Joe

and
C) Bama eventually chokes on someone, most likely Florida, in the SEC

If B & C come to pass then we're back in the driver's seat and O.B. bound.

BornandBred
10/24/2008, 12:59 PM
If Florida beats Bama in the SEC Championship, I'm afraid they might jump us.

Salt City Sooner
10/24/2008, 01:54 PM
We 'barely got by' Kansas, but Colt 'handled' us? This stuff is brutal. I'd say UT barely got by OU because everything went their way, and OU handled KU and gave up some trash in the end to make it look competitive. 'Course, I actually watched the games...
Fixed.

Mile High Sooner
10/24/2008, 02:23 PM
If Florida beats Bama in the SEC Championship, I'm afraid they might jump us.

It's possible but I'd hope our BCS strength of schedule and our 1 loss to the #1 team vs their loss to an unranked team would eek us into #2 for a B-12 MNC rematch.

Maybe that other orange UT team will play well enough this weekend to get their 102K fans worked into a frenzy and help us out... naaaah :rolleyes:

BornandBred
10/24/2008, 02:32 PM
I wish.

I was having this argument with an LSU/SEC guy. He was saying the country doesn't want to see another OU/UT game. I personally think the first was competitive enough to warrant a second, but I'm clearly not objective. IF Bama loses and PSU drops one, I suspect we'll get jumped by the monsters out of USC or the SEC champ.

On that same note, I was talking to a UT guy today, and they REALLY don't want to play us again. Which, I think is because we'll have better luck the second time around.

Cam
10/24/2008, 02:39 PM
An OU/UT rematch is nothing more than a pipe dream IMHO. Even if everything fell right, I don't think the human voters would let it happen.

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 02:43 PM
An OU/UT rematch is nothing more than a pipe dream IMHO. Even if everything fell right, I don't think the human voters would let it happen.

However, they sure the hell were ready to see a Meatchicken/tOSU rematch in teh recent past.

Cam
10/24/2008, 02:45 PM
However, they sure the hell were ready to see a Meatchicken/tOSU rematch in teh recent past.

But they didn't do it though, so I don't think they'll do it again.

I've been wrong before... I'd say it's 50/50 right now. Too many games to be played at this point.

Mile High Sooner
10/24/2008, 02:45 PM
I'm sure anyone from the SEC will believe their Champ is deserving of the MNC game. If the Pukes play Fexas close as they have in the past and we beat them in Stoolwater then I hope the BCS computers will take into account our SoS vs the SEC Champ and the #'s will be in our favor.

UsucK's only chance to make it to the MNC was to be undefeated in the Pitifull Poor P-10. Gotta luv the Beaver.
Don't know what's up with the Coaches Poll as somehow they eother don't recognize that loss or accept just how bad the P-10 really is.

Mile High Sooner
10/24/2008, 02:49 PM
But they didn't do it though, so I don't think they'll do it again.

I've been wrong before... I'd say it's 50/50 right now. Too many games to be played at this point.

They didn't do it because it was too close in time (almost back to back) where time is on our side with a us getting another shot.

BornandBred
10/24/2008, 02:52 PM
They didn't do it because it was too close in time (almost back to back) where time is on our side with a us getting another shot.

That's a great point. Hadn't thought about that.

EnragedOUfan
10/24/2008, 02:58 PM
Hearing and reading about ESPN hating on Oklahoma doesn't surprise me. Hell, everyone hates Oklahoma and I really have no clue why. Every fan from schools that have played against Oklahoma that I have met have all said that OU has an extremely nice fan base and that we show a lot of class. I have to agree with this. I even heard this come from a Bama fan referring to 2002. My only guess as to why ESPN hates us so much started at the end of the 2003/2004 season....BOOMER!

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 03:00 PM

It's my recollection that it depended on Florida losing the SECCG, which they didn't. Then they absolutely snotwhalloped tOSU in teh BCSCG.

That shut the Meatchickens up. In fact, I think they got beat in their bowl as well, if I remember correctly. Yup, to suc...Rose Bowl 2007.

Cam
10/24/2008, 03:04 PM

Good point.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2008, 03:06 PM

Not true - the computers favored tOSU and Mich, but the humans vetoed the rematch. Then both tOSU and Mch got routed in their bowl games and the humans looked smart for a change. An OU/UT rematch is unlikely. I'm just hoping OU wins out and gets a great BCS bowl match-up and WINS it.

BrockLanders
10/24/2008, 03:09 PM
Palmer was on The Batchelor.
The Batchelor is gay.
Palmer is gay.

Simple logic guys....

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 03:10 PM
Not true - the computers favored tOSU and Mich, but the humans vetoed the rematch. Then both tOSU and Mch got routed in their bowl games and the humans looked smart for a change. An OU/UT rematch is unlikely. I'm just hoping OU wins out and gets a great BCS bowl match-up and WINS it.

Yup, because of my explanation re: Florida above. Until F's CCG, the media was frothing about it...without the CCG, it would have been a done deal.

Dan Thompson
10/24/2008, 03:17 PM
I thought margin of victory was a thing of the past. SO it does make a difference.

I hope Bob leaves both 1st teams in the complete game and plays just like it is the first qtr every qtr.

SoonerFanInAustin
10/24/2008, 04:20 PM
I know I'm looking through Crimson glasses, but seriously, if Fla wins out the big thing they have they we may not, is a Conf Championship.

Compare the schedules so far:

Wins for Fla at current BCS rankings
LSU 5-1 13th in BCS, they were 4 when they got beat
Miami, Fla 4-3
Tenn 3-4
Ark 3-4
Hawaii 3-4

Lost:
Mississippi 3-4

OU's schedule:
TCU 7-1 14th in BCS, ranked 24th when we won
Kansas 5-2 23rd in BCS, ranked 16th when we won
Cincinnati 5-1, may be ranked soon
Baylor 3-4
Washington 0-6
Chattanooga, Div 1-AA

Lost:
Texas 7-0 and ranked #1

compare games that are left:

Ga and FSU ranked 7 & 25 and 3 games against teams either 5-2 or 5-3.
Tech and OSU ranked 6 & 8 and two other teams above .500 record

budbarrybob
10/24/2008, 04:55 PM

What he said...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/24/2008, 05:34 PM

But that probably would be too much to ask.EXCELLENT POST!

snp
10/24/2008, 06:04 PM

Actually Florida and Michigan were tied according to the computers. Both were 0.940.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6234594_37_1.pdf

I thought margin of victory was a thing of the past. SO it does make a difference.

I hope Bob leaves both 1st teams in the complete game and plays just like it is the first qtr every qtr.

MOV will always be present in the minds of the voters. Beating UGA and Clemson by a ton made Alabama sky rocket through the polls. If they simply squeaked by, you wouldn't see that rapid rise.

However, MOV is not a component of any computer formulas.