PDA

View Full Version : I aint reading all these

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 06:28 PM
asinine Poli threads
Im gonna say WHY im voting Fer JSM and Not Obama
I believe the Next Pres. will be doing some Scotus appointments .
I want as conservitive as we can get .
Personaly I dont think either one will be "Bad " for america .
just my $0.02

OUHOMER
10/23/2008, 06:35 PM
just my $0.02

Ummm :confused:

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 06:38 PM

Other than the Scotus thing .;)
Give us yer Main reason fer Voting for whoever yer Voting for .

bluedogok
10/23/2008, 06:39 PM
All you can do is vote your conscience, if you do that, it is NOT wrong.

I think who is the president matters less than who is in control of congress. That is where the money is allocated and spent, the president just sends them his budget and congress does whatever they want for the most part. Both parties are the problem, not the solution.

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 06:42 PM

Plus I said that Bro
cause this Country Is bigger than any one Man .
we will survive .

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 06:45 PM
Come on . The Main reason yer Voting for whoever .
No name calling , No running down the Oppisition etc.

Sooner_Havok
10/23/2008, 06:48 PM
I think that Obama is more calm and collected and will not make as many unnecessary snap decisions.

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 06:56 PM
I think that Obama is more calm and collected and will not make as many unnecessary snap decisions.

there ya go . thats what Im looking fer here .

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/rating/rating_1.gif

;)

1) After reading Obama's second book, I find that I agree with his philosophy of government.
2) I have a great deal of respect for Obama's understanding of the US Constitution and how it applies.
3) Federal judgeships.

And I agree that neither guy would be a disaster. I've stated my admiration for McCain numerous times.

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 07:03 PM

;)

1) After reading Obama's second book, I find that I agree with his philosophy of government.
2) I have a great deal of respect for Obama's understanding of the US Constitution and how it applies.
3) Federal judgeships.

And I agree that neither guy would be a disaster. I've stated my admiration for McCain numerous times.

Pay tention . I asked fer yer Main reason . Not yer top 3 :P

Jerk
10/23/2008, 07:06 PM

3) Federal judgeships.

Bye bye second amendment.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2008, 07:10 PM
Bye bye second amendment.
'
But hello return of the fourth!

Seriously, man, the second ain't in any danger. I'll be one of the first in line hollering about it if it comes under serious attack.

Sooner_Havok
10/23/2008, 07:16 PM
perhaps in the name of civil discourse we should start a thread of "Why I would vote for the other guy".

Jerk
10/23/2008, 07:17 PM
'
But hello return of the fourth!

Seriously, man, the second ain't in any danger. I'll be one of the first in line hollering about it if it comes under serious attack.

I hope you're right.

LosAngelesSooner
10/23/2008, 07:25 PM
asinine Poli threads
Im gonna say WHY im voting Fer JSM and Not Obama
I believe the Next Pres. will be doing some Scotus appointments .
I want as conservitive as we can get .
just my $0.02I'm with you except for the Scotus appointments thing. I don't like either party having control of any branch. Shoot, I'd like it if the President was from one party and the Vice was the runner up from the other party.

I like it that the SCOTUS is split down the middle. I don't want the "far right" to get even one more appointment. Right now they have the advantage anyway.

As for everything else, go McCain!

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 07:29 PM
Come on peeps , I didnt want another debate Thread .
I want to read yer Honest response as to the Main reason yer votin fer who you are .
It aint that tuff , Is it ?

Curly Bill
10/23/2008, 07:31 PM
I'm voting for McCain because I don't trust Obama any farther then I can throw him.

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 07:34 PM
I'm voting for McCain because I don't trust Obama any farther then I can throw him.

As good an answer yet .
next ?

SoonerKnight
10/23/2008, 08:09 PM

The same reason I am voting for Obama. I do not trust JM!!!!!!!!! 26 years in politics!!!!!!!!!!!! He just as dirty as any other senator.

bluedogok
10/23/2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not voting for either of the major party candidates. I don't trust either party to do what's "right" (as in the correct course) for the country.

We need a revolution, it will have to take place at the ballot box and continuing to vote for the status quo is an implied approval of continuing their policies. We will never see any substantial change as long we keep electing the turds from either party.

Sooner_Havok
10/23/2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not voting for either of the major party candidates. I don't trust either party to do what's "right" (as in the correct course) for the country.

We need a revolution, it will have to take place at the ballot box and continuing to vote for the status quo is an implied approval of continuing their policies. We will never see any substantial change as long we keep electing the turds from either party.

I here you there man. But here in the great state of Oklahoma, if I don't vote D or R, I'm not allowed to vote at all for.:(

JohnnyMack
10/23/2008, 08:50 PM
I have been an opponent of the Iraq war from the beginning.

I feel we have massive systemic failures in terms of how our government handled our energy and think Obama will point us in a better overall direction in terms of making a serious push towards ending our reliance on fossil fuels. I know it's a huge undertaking both from a practicality standpoint as well as shifting the paradigm of how we power our country but I think we're about 10 or 15 years behind where we need to be on that road.

I think he's more apt to make a real push towards investing in the sort of overall infrastructure programs, education initiatives and science and technology that we need to remain competitive on the global landscape.

I support a woman's right to choose as well as equal pay for equal work. I think gays and lesbians should be allowed to join in civil unions in order to protect their interests/dignity in the eyes of the law.

Turd_Ferguson
10/23/2008, 08:58 PM
I'm voting for JM because he has the most experience in government. I believe that BO is too "green behind the ears" for the job, and he's being put on a pedestal because he's a minority.

JohnnyMack
10/23/2008, 08:58 PM
That and I think if I played John McCain in Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit, I'd probably win.

If I played Obama, he'd beat me like I stole something.

I don't want my President to be a guy I can relate to or drink a beer with. We tried that already. I want someone much, much smarter than I am running things.

SleestakSooner
10/23/2008, 09:02 PM
Voting Obama in the hope that he can undo the damage Bush/Cheney/Rove have done to the Constitution. The loss of our rights to privacy and fair trial being the most important in my mind.

leavingthezoo
10/23/2008, 09:37 PM
I've never really thought about prioritizing the reasons I am voting Obama, but in doing so just now, I am surprised at my first reason...

I think the way he has run his campaign is indicative of how he will handle his presidency. Cool tempered, methodical, thoughtful, acutely adept at taking hits without melting down.

Of course, I have a myriad of other reasons that hold more closely to ideology and values but that is truly the number 1 reason right now.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/24/2008, 09:12 AM
I'm voting for McCain because I busted my *** to get through undergrad and grad school and believe that hard work should be rewarded. I'm not a millionaire, but hope to get there someday. And I don't want some lazy bum getting this "redistribution of wealth" and sitting at home watching Springer every day on his new 60" plasma while I'm still getting up at 5AM to go to work...

Plus, with an undergraduate degree in finance and economics and an MBA in finance - I am much more in tune with conservative economic policy on a macro level.

I guess it doesn't really matter, Texas will carry McCain and the east and left coast will win it for Obama...

sooner n houston
10/24/2008, 09:30 AM
I cannot vote for a man who has opposed keeping babies that survived abortions alive!

StoopTroup
10/24/2008, 09:40 AM
Honestly...

I don't know yet.

I hate them equally right now.

So...

My main reason for not voting for either of them yet is...

I've got 18 more days to hate them both and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

1890MilesToNorman
10/24/2008, 09:50 AM
This will be the 1st pres election that I will not participate in. I will not vote for anyone who does not promote the dismantling of our fed government back to Constitutional levels. Sorry to dust off that irrelevant document, these guys take an oath to uphold it and go along their merry way trampling all over it once elected.

Carry on, I'm done!

JohnnyMack
10/24/2008, 10:02 AM
I cannot vote for a man who has opposed keeping babies that survived abortions alive!

He was just hoping to eat one of them. An amouse bouche if you will.

sooner n houston
10/24/2008, 10:12 AM
He was just hoping to eat one of them. An amouse bouche if you will.

You think it is some kind of joke? An aborted baby must die even if it is born alive? Not the least bit funny to me.

JohnnyMack
10/24/2008, 10:20 AM
You think it is some kind of joke? An aborted baby must die even if it is born alive? Not the least bit funny to me.

Nom, nom, nom!!!
http://www.jillstanek.com/obama%20black%20baby.jpg

SoonerInKCMO
10/24/2008, 10:38 AM
I'm voting for McCain because I busted my *** to get through undergrad and grad school and believe that hard work should be rewarded.

So instead of voting for the guy that busted his *** through undergrad and grad school, you're voting for the guy that repeatedly relied on his father's stature to keep from getting kicked out of school. :confused:

1890MilesToNorman
10/24/2008, 10:41 AM
relied on his father's stature to keep from getting kicked out of school. :confused:

Didn't help him much during his 5 year stint at a famous Hilton hotel. :confused:

froneal
10/24/2008, 10:42 AM
Nom, nom, nom!!!
http://www.jillstanek.com/obama%20black%20baby.jpg

You heartless baby-killer! :rolleyes:

BoonesFarmSooner
10/24/2008, 10:45 AM
So instead of voting for the guy that busted his *** through undergrad and grad school, you're voting for the guy that repeatedly relied on his father's stature to keep from getting kicked out of school. :confused:

I don't care what he did for himself. I am concerned about policies going forward and how they will relate to my quality of life.

Morality issues and how they relate to candidates is a pretty ugly topic on several different levels. I'm sure most Clinton supporters would have voted for him in 2000 (if he could've run for office) even with the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

olevetonahill
10/24/2008, 11:47 AM
Yall
http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/school-fail.jpg
How hard is it to just state yer main reason ? Debate in the brazzilion other threads .:rolleyes:

leavingthezoo
10/24/2008, 01:04 PM
heh. ok... who told vet school was spelled wrong?

i <3 u. you know it. ;)

olevetonahill
10/24/2008, 01:14 PM
heh. ok... who told vet school was spelled wrong?

i <3 u. you know it. ;)

Doleo . Who else :P

JohnnyMack
10/24/2008, 01:15 PM
Doleo . Who else :P

Can you imagine if Doleo and OleVet started a sign painting company?

That would rule. Can you imagine the **** they would come up with?

:D

olevetonahill
10/24/2008, 01:17 PM
Can you imagine if Doleo and OleVet started a sign painting company?

That would rule. Can you imagine the **** they would come up with?

:D

That would be the allsome :P