PDA

View Full Version : A BRIGHT Light shining FROM THE LEFT!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2008, 04:23 PM
Article by an admitted leftist who is simply asking for honesty in journalism:

http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2008-10-05-1.html

10/23/2008, 01:32 AM
It's refreshing that a guy who has been an active democrat would be suddenly writing something like that article.

King Crimson
10/23/2008, 01:35 AM
god bless him. it's almost like Colin Powell endorsing Obama, don't you think? don't you remember when doubting Colin Powell was like almost racism or really misguided. the guy was perfection. he was a brother who stood for the GOP.

because dimz are evil and responding to your own post is...so cool.;)

SleestakSooner
10/23/2008, 01:57 AM
because dimz are evil and responding to your own post is...so cool.;)

Most lonesome children have imaginary friends.

10/23/2008, 02:00 AM
Powell was at his coolest when he never said what he believed.

rainiersooner
10/23/2008, 02:17 AM
The vast majority of foreclosures are not within purchase price ranges that were opened up to the "poor." This argument is a red herring.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2008, 02:28 AM
The vast majority of foreclosures are not within purchase price ranges that were opened up to the "poor." This argument is a red herring.

Dude, they're convinced that this whole thing is the fault of the CRA, even though the vast majority of these loans were made by companies not subject to the CRA and that there's no provision in the CRA to force companies that DO fall under it to make loans contrary to sound business practice.

They don't get it, they don't want to get it, they just want to blame someone-and poor people are a convenient target.

King Crimson
10/23/2008, 02:51 AM

explain this to us....because why?

because i'm pretty sure (just to be on the short hand you understand) he used to be one of you party honks....and very well respected to be VP or run for POTUS....but, now, he's made a lot of bad decisions....and maybe a racist too.

85Sooner
10/23/2008, 08:28 AM
Powell was at his coolest when he took orders and did what he is educated to do. Fight wars.

Fixed

King Crimson
10/23/2008, 08:32 AM
Fixed

no amount of back pedal will make any criticism of Powell work.

10/23/2008, 10:45 AM
explain this to us....because why?

because i'm pretty sure (just to be on the short hand you understand) he used to be one of you party honks....and very well respected to be VP or run for POTUS....but, now, he's made a lot of bad decisions....and maybe a racist too.He used to remain mum about politics and political subjects. He was appointed by Republicans, and just said he was republican. Then, he started talking, and says he is for affirmative action and now wants to vote with the other 95%(or More) of black Americans.

BTW, did you read the linked article?

Edmond Sooner
10/23/2008, 04:11 PM
BTW, did you read the linked article?

Fat chance. I can't get the libs here to even glance at factual material linked for their perusal, let alone read it. The tactic is to call a few names, declare victory, and move on.

LesNessman
10/23/2008, 05:07 PM
Fat chance. I can't get the libs here to even glance at factual material linked for their perusal, let alone read it. The tactic is to call a few names, declare victory, and move on.

Amen to that.

Jerk
10/23/2008, 06:18 PM
They don't get it, they don't want to get it, they just want to blame someone-and poor people are a convenient target.

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd are even easier targets, especially since there's video of their colossal f**k up by blocking reform of freddie and fannie.

Edmond Sooner
10/23/2008, 06:26 PM
Barney Frank and Chris Dodd are even easier targets, especially since there's video of their colossal f**k up by blocking reform of freddie and fannie.

Exactly right - but an Obama Justice Department will block any inquiry into that, I wager.

47straight
10/23/2008, 06:47 PM

Dude, don't you know that most of the banks weren't subject to the CRA? For the love of willful ignorance, please just focus on that fact and ignore the 70% of mortgages in the first half of this year rolled directly/indirectly by FM/FM.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2008, 06:56 PM
Dude, don't you know that most of the banks weren't subject to the CRA? For the love of willful ignorance, please just focus on that fact and ignore the 70% of mortgages in the first half of this year rolled directly/indirectly by FM/FM.

Want to take a stab at who actually originated the majority of the loans that are going bad? Banks certainly are subject to the CRA. Mortgage brokerages arent'.

Jerk
10/23/2008, 06:58 PM

According to wilki, all banks who receive FDIC insurance are evaluated under the CRA.

So, given the fact that your first sentence is full of ****, I'll just ignore the rest of your post.

Jerk
10/23/2008, 07:03 PM
Want to take a stab at who actually originated the majority of the loans that are going bad? Banks certainly are subject to the CRA. Mortgage brokerages arent'.

I'll agree with you that mortgage brokers are scum (except a few...there are some good ones). I used to work in an abstract company and I've seen first hand their 'work.'

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2008, 07:04 PM
According to wilki, all banks who receive FDIC insurance are evaluated under the CRA.

Yup, but credit unions aren't!

:boogie:

Jerk
10/23/2008, 07:19 PM
Yup, but credit unions aren't!

:boogie:

Because they're controlled by the mafia, instead.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2008, 07:43 PM
No no, that's UNIONS, not credit unions. :D

Jerk
10/23/2008, 07:51 PM
No no, that's UNIONS, not credit unions. :D

My bad :)

soonerhubs
10/23/2008, 08:59 PM
I read the article. I couldn't agree more. One of the reasons I switched my degree from Journalism to Family Science was the disdain I felt watching people scream that they were for Unbiased truth while expressing hatred for anything that disagreed with their agenda.

Scott D
10/23/2008, 09:20 PM

I don't appreciate your communist view on this matter.

Scott D
10/23/2008, 09:22 PM
Fixed

The bounds at which your narrow political rhetoric stifles your intelligence has no discernable limit. Using your "fixed" statement, would lend credence to the fact that if someone wanted to know about a television they would see you, but that you should never speak your mind on any matter not pertaining to the sale of idiot boxes.

soonerhubs
10/23/2008, 09:40 PM
So now that everyone is done bickering back and forth and laying out personal attacks about how if an opponent disagrees with you he/she has the foresight of Mr. Magoo, the question was asked about who had or had not read the article. Do we agree that journalism is not what it used to be?

Sooner_Havok
10/23/2008, 09:54 PM
Do we agree that journalism is not what it used to be?

Reporters w/o borders doesn't think so.

We are tied for 36 on the ranking of freedom of press

link (http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=29031)

:( :(