PDA

View Full Version : anyone else think kansas beats tech?

adoniijahsooner
10/22/2008, 06:31 AM
Kansas really impressed me last week, and i see them beating the snot out of tech in lawrence.

IronHorseSooner
10/22/2008, 07:38 AM
Yes, I'd almost bank on it. TECH has looked less than impressive, almost uninspired. Maybe they come out blazing against KU, now that they face a decent opponent.

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 07:44 AM
Since they got to see Misery go down for their second loss...the Fighting Manginos should be motivated to go out and get a quality win at home.

Should be.

fwsooner22
10/22/2008, 07:44 AM
Kansas has zero defense.........Tech will win another one but that may be it for them.....

SoonerStormchaser
10/22/2008, 07:48 AM
KU's defense is one of the top 20 in the country. Tech may be in a bit of trouble on this one.

nBoSTP
10/22/2008, 07:50 AM
You cant base anyone's defense based on how they played against OU as OU has basically destroyed every defense it has faced.

mojohornfan
10/22/2008, 07:53 AM
Kansas will win by two td's.

rainiersooner
10/22/2008, 10:14 AM
Kansas seems to have more balance than Tech. I see them beating Tech in a close one.

soonervet
10/22/2008, 10:20 AM
Kansas really impressed me last week, and i see them beating the snot out of tech in lawrence.

What exactly impressed you about Kansas? Their defense is well coached, but they are sloooowwwww. You guys need to quit eating the Mangino Twinkies. Tech wins, comfortably.

yermom
10/22/2008, 10:40 AM
Tech isn't great on the road, generally.

i'd bet KU's defense is better than Tech's

i wouldn't be surprised if it's close, but i think KU wins at home

BillyBall
10/22/2008, 10:40 AM
I can not remember the last time that Texas Tech beat a ranked team on the road...

Sooner_09
10/22/2008, 10:43 AM
They're going to need some turnovers if they want to have a chance at beating Tech.

Tech 49
Kansas 38

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/22/2008, 11:37 AM
I think TT is massively overrated. Crabtree is a stud but the other receivers and RB to me look as weak as TT has had in some time. I think Harrell gets his 400+ yards and Crabtree gets a couple TDs but I think KU wins by 10-14 points.

St. Louis Sooner
10/22/2008, 11:41 AM
i can't remember the last time tech beat a ranked team on the road; KU should have the advantage but not by much; their teams are so similar; TTech went into Faurot Field last year and laid an egg of biblical proportions;

taking KU on this one but i don't have a clear reason for doing so ... maybe KU has more 'game' experience?!;

KU - 35
TT - 27

JLEW1818
10/22/2008, 12:00 PM
I am assuming yall want Tech to win right. Since if Oklahoma State drops a game there is still a chance for a tiebreaker........

Widescreen
10/22/2008, 12:08 PM
KU will win. TTU hasn't been particularly impressive when they've faced something better than air.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2008, 12:11 PM
Kansas seems to have more balance than Tech. I see them beating Tech in a close one.DING DING!

RiddlerOK
10/22/2008, 01:24 PM
I like the Jayhawks in this one. Agreed on the balance part. My "upset" special for this week. :)

TopDawg
10/22/2008, 01:50 PM
I can not remember the last time that Texas Tech beat a ranked team on the road...

September 27, 2003 at #18 Mississippi 49-45

Since then (all losses):

@ #22 OSU 51-49
@ #5 Texas 43-40

@ #2 OU 28-13
@ #23 Texas A&M 32-25

@ #2 Texas 52-17

@ #20 TCU 12-3
@ #17 OU 34-24

@ #16 Missouri 41-10
@ #14 Texas 59-43

They have beaten a couple of ranked teams on neutral fields (in bowl games) during that time, but that's not a really impressive record against good teams away from home.

OUstud
10/22/2008, 02:42 PM
I see it playing out like TTU-CU in 06. For whatever reason, Tech can't score.

KU 35, TTU 12

boomermagic
10/22/2008, 03:02 PM
TT will beat Kansas like a drum.. It won't even be close..

SoonerInLubbock
10/22/2008, 03:20 PM
I think without question Tech get's the first challenge in there so called "dream season". Tech fans need to face facts. The first half of the year included cream puff after cream puff. Now it's time to see what kinda steel they really have.
I think it will be a good game. But I don't think the Red Raiders have what it takes to win this one. I mean come on they had to beat Nebraska in OT and let's face it Nebraska is just bad this year.

Plus it will be nice to shut all the fans up. I'm sick of hearing about OU losing to them last year and how they are some how gonna win out and go to a Big XII Championship. Dream on Tech losers. Your time is a comin. :pop:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2008, 03:30 PM
I think without question Tech get's the first challenge in there so called "dream season". Tech fans need to face facts. The first half of the year included cream puff after cream puff. Now it's time to see what kinda steel they really have.
I think it will be a good game. But I don't think the Red Raiders have what it takes to win this one. I mean come on they had to beat Nebraska in OT and let's face it Nebraska is just bad this year.

Plus it will be nice to shut all the fans up. I'm sick of hearing about OU losing to them last year and how they are some how gonna win out and go to a Big XII Championship. Dream on Tech losers. Your time is a comin. :pop:DING DING #2

boomermagic
10/22/2008, 03:31 PM
I have a feeling many people are overrating Kansas OR I am overrating TT.. I really think the tech offense will murder Kansas.. We'll see..

Salt City Sooner
10/22/2008, 03:35 PM
Kansas seems to have more balance than Tech. I see them beating Tech in a close one.
Tech's actually averaging more on the ground than KU is, although one could attribute a substantial part of that to their schedule thus far. Point is though, although their ground game obviously takes a backseat to Harrell & co., it's not the total afterthought that it has been in years' past.

Dan Thompson
10/22/2008, 04:07 PM
They are both overrated and neither of them will win.:eek:

I think the game will be close, but KU will win at home.

SoonerFanInAustin
10/22/2008, 06:32 PM
Kansas will keep the ball away from Tech, just like Nebraska and A&M did. As mentioned earlier, Tech in not that good on the road. They haven't been for yrs. Don't let the score from last week fool you. Instead of kneeling on the 5 yd line to run out the clock, they run a read play for Harrell to score with 40 25 seconds left (or w/e it was). They haven't played anyone. Nebraska and K-St have been their toughest opponents to date. So I would be very surprised if Tech wins.

We may need Tech to win for tie-breaker reasons, but I don't see that happening. Mainly because this game is being played at Kansas. On top of traveling last week....plus how much will they be looking ahead to Texas next week.

Go with the Jayhawks....

cvsooner
10/22/2008, 06:36 PM
I can see 'em losing at Kansas. Nebraska took 'em to overtime in Lubbock, did they not? And possibly looking forward to Texas...

Then hopefully they'll get ticked and thump the whorns at home. I can hope.

MiccoMacey
10/22/2008, 06:40 PM
Kansas will win by two td's.

Agreed.

Tech had too much trouble against Nebraska. They've played absolutely no one.

Jacie
10/22/2008, 07:57 PM
I see the Jayahwks winning going away. If the cult can put 28 points on the sand aggies, the fightin Manginos can score 50.

Curly Bill
10/22/2008, 08:13 PM
TT beats the Manginos.

tommieharris91
10/22/2008, 08:28 PM
anyone else think kansas beats tech?

Vegas does.

Salt City Sooner
10/22/2008, 09:07 PM
I can see 'em losing at Kansas. Nebraska took 'em to overtime in Lubbock, did they not? And possibly looking forward to Texas...

Then hopefully they'll get ticked and thump the whorns at home. I can hope.
Wouldn't do us any good in the tie-breaker scenario unless OSU beats them this weekend.

ouwasp
10/22/2008, 11:33 PM
hmmm......hadn't really given the game much thought. Just kinda figured TT would win. Now I'm not sure.

I think I want TT to win because maybe they'll still be ramked nicely when they come to Norman in November.

Interesting.

GottaHavePride
10/22/2008, 11:54 PM
What exactly impressed you about Kansas? Their defense is well coached, but they are sloooowwwww.

Nearly everyone's defense looks slow against our receivers.

I forget that until I try to watch some late-night WAC games, or something, and I think "deer lord, are these teams playing in molasses?"

Collier11
10/22/2008, 11:59 PM
KU will win IMO

soonerboy_odanorth
10/23/2008, 12:53 AM
You boys/girls siding with a Tech victory "going away" (paraphrasing) putting any cash on it?

Are we talking about the same Tech that wet their britches against toothless aTm and looked pedestrian against a, IMO, less than mediocre Nebraska team?

I know, Kansas has an 0-fer to show against ranked/respected teams on their sched. But Tech's amazing victory over Eastern (Popcorn State) Washington doesn't do much for me.

Please enlighten us. What are you seeing that some of the rest of us are not regarding your pre-conceived notion of Tech dominance?

TumbleWeed Timmy
10/23/2008, 06:04 PM
The only reason Tech had to play Eastern (popcorn) Washington is because Tulsa backed out of the season opener vs. TTU.

I really don't see who Kansas has beaten this year being any better than NU,A&M, KSU or even Nevada.

One could make a case for Colorado as being a solid victory for KU, but the rest have been against cupcakes every bit as much as Tech's.

I hope Tech wins, and I do think Reesing and that Crisco kid or whatever that was frying Ou's db's all day are good.., I don't think it will be enough though.

Tech 41-21

olevetonahill
10/23/2008, 06:51 PM
A better question would be . Who gives **** ? :rolleyes:

TumbleWeed Timmy
10/23/2008, 06:54 PM

People interested in the Big 12-- and who might go to the Championship game?? Just a guess, starbuck.

MojoRisen
10/23/2008, 07:12 PM
What is the spread? I think I would take Texas Tech in this one. This should be a pretty even match up.

Also i think Nebraska may be improving, think Kansas damn near got upset at Iowa St. - Nebraska went in there and won 35-7... if that says anything about the Nebraska comparision.

Iam4OUru
10/23/2008, 07:29 PM
Tech wins, 38-34

stoopified
10/23/2008, 07:31 PM
TT is not vintage Leach on O for a fact.It would be better computer SOS-wise for tech to win since they ARE top 10.i IDO hope KU wins though.

yermom
10/23/2008, 07:54 PM
SOS only really matters for teams that play teams we don't play

we want the teams we have played to beat Mizzou, Iowa State and Colorado

now, for the pollsters, yeah, it's better if we play higher ranked teams. even if Tech would be losing to a team that we have already beaten and would likely be ranked again soon if they keep winning it seems likely to help us in their minds

i'm not sure how ranking fits in with computer rankings, i don't know if they see that you beat a team that was #1 or if they calculate based on you beating a team with one loss and a tough schedule

oumartin
10/23/2008, 07:55 PM
Not a chance! Tech rolls this poor defense

SoonerFanInAustin
10/23/2008, 08:36 PM
So many ways to look at this game....

This game is being played the same time we play. We all know, we need either Tech or OSU to win this weekend, but this only helps us for a yr end tiebreak. Yeah, there is a very very small chance of 3-way tie, but seriously, it is very slim. Tech no doubt has the better chance to win.

If Kansas wins, the only thing that hurts us is the tie-breaking situation. They win and move up in the rankings, which makes us look better. We then just need them to take care of the rest of the North.

If Tech wins....great, they stay high in the polls, but play UT next weekend. Chances are they lose, they drop to 12 or 15 and have time to possibly move up before we play them. Again, they still have to play OSU. Their victory knocks Kansas out of the Top 25, even though Kansas has a chance to move up and will probably break back into the top 25. If they beat Texas, well then you have a very high ranked Tech team, even if they lose to OSU.

It really is if the glass half empty or half full. As we all know, with a lot of football left, the winner of this game really may not have any effect our what we have to do.

It doesn't matter if Tech is rated in the top 5 or top 25 when we play them, we have no choice but to win.... :)

I know this, if Kansas wins this weekend and we can win out. We could possibly have the following teams in the Top 25 that we would have beaten (TCU, Cincy, Kansas, Tech, OSU)

But to answer the question, I think Kansas will win.

boomermagic
10/24/2008, 03:44 PM
TT will whip them like a red headed step kid..:D

Okie35
10/25/2008, 04:25 AM
ku is pretty tough at home defensively they play better at home... who ever wins will have the least mistakes obviously but i think tech will win barely...

Okie35
10/25/2008, 04:28 AM
What is the spread? I think I would take Texas Tech in this one. This should be a pretty even match up.

Also i think Nebraska may be improving, think Kansas damn near got upset at Iowa St. - Nebraska went in there and won 35-7... if that says anything about the Nebraska comparision.

it is... and the spread is plus 1 and a half in favor of tech...

A-M
10/25/2008, 10:11 AM
I'll do some thinking on this and let you know what I come up with later this afternoon, say by 4 pm or so.

PLaw
10/25/2008, 10:18 AM

Oddsmakers have made it close to a pick 'em with KU a 1 - 1.5 point favorite.

Weather is going to be great with little wind.

If I was still betting, then I would take the points and Tech. So that's a good sign that KU will probably win and why I gave up putting money down a long, long time ago.

BOOMER

StormySooner-IN
10/25/2008, 01:44 PM
FAIL.

StormySooner-IN
10/25/2008, 01:46 PM
wtf??? :confused:

yermom
10/25/2008, 02:07 PM
I think kansas might still pull it out

Iam4OUru
10/25/2008, 02:16 PM

...and I see Tech "beating the snot" out of OU in Norman.

soonervet
10/25/2008, 08:52 PM
You boys/girls siding with a Tech victory "going away" (paraphrasing) putting any cash on it?

Are we talking about the same Tech that wet their britches against toothless aTm and looked pedestrian against a, IMO, less than mediocre Nebraska team?

I know, Kansas has an 0-fer to show against ranked/respected teams on their sched. But Tech's amazing victory over Eastern (Popcorn State) Washington doesn't do much for me.

Please enlighten us. What are you seeing that some of the rest of us are not regarding your pre-conceived notion of Tech dominance?

What do you think now? close game eh.

BillyBall
10/25/2008, 09:06 PM
Wow, I was wrong... That was a prison rape

yermom
10/25/2008, 09:43 PM
:O

TopDawg
10/27/2008, 10:16 AM
It was bound to happen eventually.

They're now 1-9 on the road against ranked teams since September 28, 2003.

September 27, 2003 at #18 Mississippi 49-45

Since then (all losses):

@ #22 OSU 51-49
@ #5 Texas 43-40

@ #2 OU 28-13
@ #23 Texas A&M 32-25

@ #2 Texas 52-17

@ #20 TCU 12-3
@ #17 OU 34-24

@ #16 Missouri 41-10
@ #14 Texas 59-43

They have beaten a couple of ranked teams on neutral fields (in bowl games) during that time, but that's not a really impressive record against good teams away from home.

85sooners
10/27/2008, 11:32 AM
no

Partial Qualifier
10/27/2008, 11:57 AM
^^ not just no but 'hell no' -- I think Tech rolls the jayhawks, 63-21 or something like that.

badger
10/27/2008, 11:58 AM
I know it's late, but I thought Kansas could... up until the second quarter :D

soonerboy_odanorth
10/27/2008, 12:33 PM
What do you think now? close game eh.

I think... woah!

What the heck? I was serious with my query as I'z jus tryin' to gets smurter 'bout my foosball.

What were the tip offs for you Tech athletic supporters? Not that you are really supporting Tech athletics. ;)

I think people that thought Kansas would win might do so by a TD or so. But just about everyone that thought Tech was going to win thought it was going to be a blowout...

With the weak sauce that was loaded up on the Tech sched (where they frankly had been pushed in a couple of games) how could you get any sort of a read that their D was any good or that their O wouldn't sputter just a little on the road?

boomermagic
10/27/2008, 12:54 PM
I think... woah!

What the heck? I was serious with my query as I'z jus tryin' to gets smurter 'bout my foosball.

What were the tip offs for you Tech athletic supporters? Not that you are really supporting Tech athletics. ;)

I think people that thought Kansas would win might do so by a TD or so. But just about everyone that thought Tech was going to win thought it was going to be a blowout...

With the weak sauce that was loaded up on the Tech sched (where they frankly had been pushed in a couple of games) how could you get any sort of a read that their D was any good or that their O wouldn't sputter just a little on the road?

You are very fortunate I didn't take your money... I thought about it.. I was sure tech would win..

adoniijahsooner
10/27/2008, 01:01 PM
I will never make another prediction.

Salt City Sooner
10/27/2008, 01:24 PM
This really wasn't a difficult choice for me. I saw 2 things out of the KU defense when they played us. 1) virtually no pass rush, & 2) DB's who were a step behind all day long. That just ain't gonna fly against Tech.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/27/2008, 01:33 PM
You are very fortunate I didn't take your money... I thought about it.. I was sure tech would win..

You wouldn't have taken my money... I don't gamble. The result of this game is why.

I was just wondering if people were plunking cash on their prognostications.

Did you? What made you so sure Tech would win? And if you didn't place money on your prediction, why not? What's the thought process?