PDA

View Full Version : Jarmarkus Mcfarland

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 06:57 PM
He look's good in the crimson and cream, what do you think?

:D

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/tannerholmes/l_1145a3c9f62e42ec816ac3443b904a1a.jpg

ousooners182
10/21/2008, 07:02 PM
lol marcus trice is a cool dude..i talk to him on facebook..he has these pics on there

Widescreen
10/21/2008, 07:23 PM
Why do these people never smile in pictures? It's like they think it makes them look intimidating or something.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 07:27 PM
Why do these people never smile in pictures? It's like they think it makes them look intimidating or something.

They are smiling in the others.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 07:57 PM
Mcfarland is not coming to OU...I would truly be shocked

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 07:57 PM

I wouldn't be from what I heard.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 08:00 PM
Mcfarland is and has been a heavy ut lean and grew up a ut fan...what makes you think he is changing?

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:01 PM
Mcfarland is and has been a heavy ut lean and grew up a ut fan...what makes you think he is changing?

Where did you hear that?

Collier11
10/21/2008, 08:03 PM
Everything I have read about the kid...I hope you are correct, just dont think so

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:08 PM
Everything I have read about the kid...I hope you are correct, just dont think so

I was talking to Trice on Myspace and I asked him about the visit and of course Mcfarland.

If you go to our rivals page it has a story on Marcus doing some recruiting for us.

He told me that Jamarkus told him it was 50/50 right now between us and Texas.

They got their early and toured the stadium, watched the game and then went out to eat with the team, he really enjoyed it.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 08:10 PM
Dont buy too much what the other players are telling you, they are treated like kings on their visits so of course they will love their time...I heard OU really whined and dined him, they even got to go to Borens house and hang out...we will see

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:11 PM
Dont buy too much what the other players are telling you, they are treated like kings on their visits so of course they will love their time...I heard OU really whined and dined him, they even got to go to Borens house and hang out...we will see

Well he told Trice it was 50/50, so I think we are in good position to land him.

Where do you get your information?

Collier11
10/21/2008, 08:12 PM
Reading online and listening to Crabtree, Hale and the rest

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:14 PM
Reading online and listening to Crabtree, Hale and the rest

I see.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/21/2008, 08:18 PM

Same here. Texas will get him

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:22 PM

Don't comment on stuff you don't know about...

:cool:

PalmBeachSooner1
10/21/2008, 08:23 PM
Kind of like when i told you last week Austin wouldn't start? I have sources too bro.

setem
10/21/2008, 08:27 PM
I see.

Dude

Bro

Dude...dude? Cmon!

Dude!

Bro....

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:27 PM
Kind of like when i told you last week Austin wouldn't start? I have sources too bro.

I said Austin would start right after Reynolds went down.

I already knew Nic would replace him from the pay board.

Don't act like your in the know.

sooner518
10/21/2008, 08:48 PM
this has become a pissing match very quickly. I'd like to see more pics. link?

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:50 PM
this has become a pissing match very quickly. I'd like to see more pics. link?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/tannerholmes/l_f28d029587c449ab82cc179fe37926d8.jpg

Tom Wort, Drew Allen, Marcus Trice, Jayden Bird.

Curly Bill
10/21/2008, 08:51 PM
Who's the white dude in the middle? Drew Allen?

edit...Curly Bill would just like to say that when he asked the above question the names had not yet been placed under the respective athletes. :D

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:53 PM
Who's the white dude in the middle? Drew Allen?

Yep.

badger
10/21/2008, 09:00 PM

If we had a nickel for every "grew up a ut fan" recruit that ended up in Norman :D

ousooners182
10/21/2008, 09:27 PM
ppl who want to see the pics add trice on facebook or myspace.

setem
10/21/2008, 09:36 PM
Wort is going to be a monster here!

Franklin, Reynolds, Wort and Lewis that is a mean rotation of LB's!

Curly Bill
10/21/2008, 09:40 PM
Wort is going to be a monster here!

Franklin, Reynolds, Wort and Lewis that is a mean rotation of LB's!

We've pulled in stud linebackers before. Be careful about getting too excited. How many people do we have playing linebacker now that were even recruited at that position?

setem
10/21/2008, 09:45 PM
Why should I be careful about getting excited? Is my excitement going to cause them to not play well or be sent to another position!

I'M SO EXCITED...I'M SO EXCITED...I'M SO SCARED!
http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/10/21/f_savedbythebm_da57063.jpg

Curly Bill
10/21/2008, 09:49 PM
Be excited all you want. Just don't be shocked when your "mean rotation" of linebackers isn't all it's cracked up to be, or if it is it may very well be with other peeps involved and not these guys.

In other words: Don't put a lot of stock in this recruiting rankings crap.

BASSooner
10/21/2008, 09:51 PM
Be excited all you want. Just don't be shocked when your "mean rotation" of linebackers isn't all it's cracked up to be, or if it is it may very well be with other peeps involved and not these guys.

In other words: Don't put a lot of stock in this recruiting rankings crap.

what he said^

setem
10/21/2008, 09:57 PM
I really do not read to much into the rankings. I have been pretty good at judging who will be a decent ball player for us. I was right about Jeremy Beal I was right about Box not being D mainstay. I was wrong about Sam he really snuck up on me. I thought Nichol had the tools to be the starter. I called Lendy Holmes moving to D when he was not working out at WR.

I really just look at the kid and decide in the 1st 5 seconds if we will be good or not! I HAVE THE POWER TO DECIDE WHO OUR SUPERSTARS ARE! j/k

I am calling it right now. Joseph Ibiloye is going to be a superstar DB for us.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 10:00 PM
I really do not read to much into the rankings. I have been pretty good at judging who will be a decent ball player for us. I was right about Jeremy Beal I was right about Box not being D mainstay. I was wrong about Sam he really snuck up on me. I thought Nichol had the tools to be the starter. I called Lendy Holmes moving to D when he was not working out at WR.

I really just look at the kid and decide in the 1st 5 seconds if we will be good or not! I HAVE THE POWER TO DECIDE WHO OUR SUPERSTARS ARE! j/k

I am calling it right now. Joseph Ibiloye is going to be a superstar DB for us.

#4 Safety in the nation.

I second that prediction.

BASSooner
10/21/2008, 10:01 PM
Oh and uhhh if Trice says McFarland is 50/50 than he's 50/50.

You really can't get much of anything out of sites like rivals and scouts on where prospects are leaning (very rare). Like the media, the prospects will tell people a LITTLE bit about what they want, but will keep things quiet. You usually need to look for other sources like commits for instance from Marcus Trice or other teams for actual information.

It's like determining if a product is good or not. You can't rely on their corporate website for actual or satisfying information (think about it, its great marketing strategy), you have to hear from other people's opinions or go online and see how other people rank the product

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 10:02 PM
Oh and uhhh if Trice says McFarland is 50/50 than he's 50/50.

You really can't get much of anything out of sites like rivals and scouts on where prospects are leaning (very rare). Like the media, the prospects will tell people a LITTLE bit about what they want, but will keep things quiet. You usually need to look for other sources like commits for instance from Marcus Trice or other teams for actual information.

It's like determining if a product is good or not. You can't rely on their corporate website for actual or satisfying information (think about it, its great marketing strategy), you have to hear from other people's opinions or go online and see how other people rank the product

Thank You.

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 10:05 PM
Why should I be careful about getting excited? Is my excitement going to cause them to not play well or be sent to another position!

I'M SO EXCITED...I'M SO EXCITED...I'M SO SCARED!
http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/10/21/f_savedbythebm_da57063.jpg

wow I actually get that LOL

Rhino
10/21/2008, 10:20 PM
Creepy facebook stalkers.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 10:50 PM
Creepy facebook stalkers.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 11:46 PM

:eek:

A Horn
10/31/2008, 04:25 PM

I have heard so many 'sources' regarding this subject. Whoever gets this kid is damn lucky, I hope the guys I'm quoting are right, I would love to have him.

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2008, 04:45 PM
Good looking Irish kid.

allentxsooner
11/7/2008, 03:46 PM
Anybody know when this kid is deciding, we need another dominant defenseive tackle :pop:

OUJAY
11/15/2008, 12:58 AM
I think that he will be deciding within the next month and it is down to OU and Texas. My money is on OU at this point.

CK Sooner
11/16/2008, 11:20 AM
I think that he will be deciding within the next month and it is down to OU and Texas. My money is on OU at this point.

LSU is in it.

OUJAY
11/16/2008, 03:19 PM
LSU was in it at one point, but several recruiting "insiders" seem to think that it is between OU and Texas now.

CK Sooner
11/16/2008, 09:46 PM
LSU was in it at one point, but several recruiting "insiders" seem to think that it is between OU and Texas now.

I don't know.

Him and Shepard are pretty close.

badger
11/17/2008, 06:52 AM
He might be using OU as leverage to secure a spot elsewhere, but at least he made us soon good:

“They (Oklahoma) are like all great teams in that you can’t execute in games what you don’t practice, and they practice hard. So it is not surprising that they execute in games because they practiced better than any other team that I have seen.”

LSU had an extreme off-year this year and couldn't have helped them as far as recruiting. Sure, there might be some set on going to LSU, but others on the bubble are going to see last weekend's near-embarrassment at home versus Troy, the losses to Alabama et al and such as a reason to look elsewhere.

If I had to take a wild and crazy guess, I would say that he will go to either OU or Texas, but have a preference for Texas. Like I said earlier, many players that grew up Longhorn fans end up at OU for the chance to play for championships (both conference and national) as well as for playing time.

Thus, this guy is probably waiting to see if anyone at his position transfers or leaves to see how long he'll have to wait to play. Hopefully our coaches are emphasizing how many underclassmen get playing time right away and do not have to wait like many under the Mack System. (See Chance Mock. WHY was Vince Young sharing time with him?!)

OUJAY
11/17/2008, 02:48 PM
Like I said in a post above, McFarland just eliminated LSU from consideration and said that it is down to OU and Texas. This is per OU Rivals.

JLEW1818
11/17/2008, 06:21 PM
Ya I seen that too.

snp
11/18/2008, 03:14 PM
He might be using OU as leverage to secure a spot elsewhere, but at least he made us soon good:

No.

LSU had an extreme off-year this year and couldn't have helped them as far as recruiting. Sure, there might be some set on going to LSU, but others on the bubble are going to see last weekend's near-embarrassment at home versus Troy, the losses to Alabama et al and such as a reason to look elsewhere.

They still beat us for a few recruits. Having a down year doesn't matter as much as you think if your staff has a bunch of good recruiters.

LSU lost out on McFarland because they have loads of depth at DL. They recruit ridiculously well at that position.

And his family didn't like BR.

If I had to take a wild and crazy guess, I would say that he will go to either OU or Texas, but have a preference for Texas. Like I said earlier, many players that grew up Longhorn fans end up at OU for the chance to play for championships (both conference and national) as well as for playing time.

Thus, this guy is probably waiting to see if anyone at his position transfers or leaves to see how long he'll have to wait to play. Hopefully our coaches are emphasizing how many underclassmen get playing time right away and do not have to wait like many under the Mack System. (See Chance Mock. WHY was Vince Young sharing time with him?!)

Playing time right away is a rarity for Shipp and DTs. McCoy, Granger, McGee have all redshirted the past few years. However Shipp/Stoops don't seem to mind giving them all the PT in the world after their RS year is done.

DT at UT seem very slow to develop. Miller, Okam, Lokey all took until their later years to finally burst onto the scene.

PalmBeachSooner1
11/19/2008, 06:30 PM
LSU is in it.

His mother and or aunt really want him to go to Oklahoma and we're upset with his visit to Baton Rouge.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/19/2008, 06:50 PM
Like I said in a post above, McFarland just eliminated LSU from consideration and said that it is down to OU and Texas. This is per OU Rivals.Prolly won't hurt if we vanquish the Pirates this sat night!

badger
11/19/2008, 08:10 PM
Prolly won't hurt if we vanquish the Pirates this sat night!

How bout THIS for speculation!

Jarmarkis McFarland is coming to the Tech game and THAT is why Stoops wants a loud crowd.

(Remember kids, that isn't the truth, that's just baj here spek-ya-latin', so don't be reporting it as the truth now)

OUJAY
11/20/2008, 12:57 AM
His mother and or aunt really want him to go to Oklahoma and we're upset with his visit to Baton Rouge.

It was his mother and his grandmother. That has more to do with McFarland dropping LSU than all of the LSU fans trying to say "LSU's great depth scared him away">

OUJAY
11/27/2008, 12:19 AM
McFarland is taking an official visit to USC this weekend. I don't think that this is more than just a trip for him. OU leads for him and will get him.

LoyalFan
11/27/2008, 11:58 PM
Dont buy too much what the other players are telling you, they are treated like kings on their visits so of course they will love their time...I heard OU really WHINED and dined him, they even got to go to Borens house and hang out...we will see

Well, if we can't get him with dining, whining might just do it.

CK Sooner
12/3/2008, 05:38 PM
http://texas.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Breaking news on Mcfarland.

I wonder what it is about?

KingDavid
12/4/2008, 12:10 AM
http://texas.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Breaking news on Mcfarland.

I wonder what it is about?

I need knowledge on this. Give me knowledge!!!! We get this kid, Randle, and the stud DB from Tulsa . . . and that's a great class as far as I'm concerned.

OUJAY
12/7/2008, 12:51 AM
McFarland is an OU lock at this point. Sorry Texas. Again!

CK Sooner
12/7/2008, 11:47 AM
McFarland is an OU lock at this point. Sorry Texas. Again!

Info, please?

OUJAY
12/7/2008, 11:01 PM
It's all over the OU Rivals board, but sorry I cannot post it over here.

CK Sooner
12/8/2008, 08:51 AM
It's all over the OU Rivals board, but sorry I cannot post it over here.

Wussy

;)

Collier11
12/8/2008, 09:35 AM
Well, if we can't get him with dining, whining might just do it.

:mad: :D

Sooner_09
12/10/2008, 01:35 AM
What about USC? Are they making a run at him?

Rhino
12/10/2008, 01:34 PM
USC is out of the picture. It's an OU/TX battle.

CK Sooner
12/10/2008, 02:01 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/

Any time it seems a five-star prospect is on the verge of a commitment the recruiting world sits with anticipation to hear just what the player is ready to announce. One player seemingly walking in those shoes is Lufkin, Texas defensive tackle Jamarkus McFarland who played host to Sooner assistant coach Jackie Shipp on Tuesday night. There was talk of McFarland committing to Shipp, but could the talk be true?

pappy
12/10/2008, 02:28 PM
sure hope so

JLEW1818
12/13/2008, 01:30 PM
He said he will know after Christmas right ?

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/17/2008, 11:54 AM
Just had a big Sooner fan client of mine come in and tell me an interesting story. He said over on some horn boards they are saying that Mack attempted to go to Jamarkus' home for a visit and his mother AND grandmother wouldn't even let him in the door! They want him to be a Sooner. I believe it's rivals who showed J Shipp alredady doing an in home with him and that Stoops was there as well. Figured I'd share what I was told.

CK Sooner
12/17/2008, 02:19 PM
Just had a big Sooner fan client of mine come in and tell me an interesting story. He said over on some horn boards they are saying that Mack attempted to go to Jamarkus' home for a visit and his mother AND grandmother wouldn't even let him in the door! They want him to be a Sooner. I believe it's rivals who showed J Shipp alredady doing an in home with him and that Stoops was there as well. Figured I'd share what I was told.

That is hard to believe.

8timechamps
12/17/2008, 03:45 PM
That is hard to believe.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure that any coach going on a home visit is going to make sure he's welcome before he just shows up.

The whorns are trying to paint the Mcfarland's in a bad light so that they won't look so bad for not getting him.

47straight
12/17/2008, 03:58 PM
Agreed.

I'm pretty sure that any coach going on a home visit is going to make sure he's welcome before he just shows up.

The whorns are trying to paint the Mcfarland's in a bad light so that they won't look so bad for not getting him.

Standard Operating Procedure.

Chip Brown (Dallas Morning Fiction) and orangebloods will pump him up, say they have info on him coming to UT, then make up lies about his mom getting a job from a booster when they're shown wrong.

OUJAY
12/17/2008, 10:18 PM
Yes, Bob Stoops in doing his in home visit with McFarland tonight.

HBick
12/17/2008, 10:48 PM
Yes, Bob Stoops in doing his in home visit with McFarland tonight.

Jamarkus McFarland Tidbit... Reply
OK talked some with a few sources, and also had a conversation with Jason Suchomel of Orangebloods.com, to try and see what the latest everyone was hearing with the ever-quiet Jamarkus McFarland.

We found out earlier today that Bob Stoops was supposed to be in Lufkin early today but apparently had some problems that were beyond his control but did make it over to the McFarland residence a bit later than he had expected to.

From what I can tell he is still in the McFarland home, along with defensive tackles coach Jackie Shipp, and visiting with the entire McFarland clan.

This is Stoops' first in-home and is quite a pivotal moment in the tedious homeward stretch of McFarland's recruiting.

I've been told that Texas is a bit unsure of whether or not they have a chance but there is still belief in Lufkin that McFarland will not be pulling the trigger tonight, and moreover has not even made up his mind about what his decision will be.

I hope to have more for you a bit later but that's the latest, Stoops is still in-home and I'm not sure I'd expect a commitment before Gabe Lynn tomorrow.

This post was edited on 12/17 8:47 PM by Josh_M

-----
From Rivals

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/18/2008, 10:07 AM
That is hard to believe.

I totally agree but I thought I'd post what I was told. You never know what's really true/false with recruiting. Didn't know if anyone else had been told this story so I thought I'd throw it out there. Sorry guys.

TMcGee86
12/18/2008, 12:42 PM
My brother is saying the Austin radio is all but admitting it's a done deal and that he's a Sooner.

Said the in-home visit landed him and that his Mom and Grandmother are all about OU.

soonerfan69
12/18/2008, 04:05 PM
That is hard to believe.

why is that so hard to believe not everybody in the country likes Texazz most could care less about them sumbeetches

KingDavid
12/19/2008, 12:56 AM
why is that so hard to believe not everybody in the country likes Texazz most could care less about them sumbeetches

ha bowt sum punkcheashun thar fellar?;)

CK Sooner
12/19/2008, 09:02 AM

Did you not see what I quoted, or are you just not paying attention?

Salt City Sooner
12/19/2008, 10:57 PM
Looks like we're cheating again. :rolleyes:

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/trips-right/information-on-the-jamarkus-mcfarland-recruitment

KingDavid
12/20/2008, 05:38 PM

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/trips-right/information-on-the-jamarkus-mcfarland-recruitment

That's just so silly. Man, do we sound that pathetic when we lose the Big XII Championship routinely and have nothing better to do?

Oh, yeah. I guess that question doesn't really apply.

Well, let me just say that if we should ever retreat back into a protracted and seemingly endless period of mediocrity and second-place finishes, I just hope we can display a little more class than the Horns are displaying while they wait another 30 years or so for the next Vince Young.

47straight
12/21/2008, 01:15 PM

Standard Operating Procedure for horns when losing a 5* recruit. Trash a young man's name and family in the interest of selling memberships.

Desert Sapper
12/21/2008, 01:47 PM
I've seen posters on this very board slam a young man for jumping to another school. It must be okay, because typically the phrase 'we'll win with you or without you' or 'win championships with us or watch us win championships' is added to the end. At least I haven't seen many on this board throwing any 'I have inside info that the Longhorns are illegally inducing kids to sign' bull**** out there. What a crock.

Collier11
12/21/2008, 03:22 PM
true on all counts

SoonerBoognish
12/21/2008, 04:36 PM
Man, he's gonna be pissed when he finds out that suitcase just had Walter's dirty undies in it.

Scott D
12/21/2008, 06:56 PM
I've seen posters on this very board slam a young man for jumping to another school. It must be okay, because typically the phrase 'we'll win with you or without you' or 'win championships with us or watch us win championships' is added to the end. At least I haven't seen many on this board throwing any 'I have inside info that the Longhorns are illegally inducing kids to sign' bull**** out there. What a crock.

my full agreement on this...I've never understood dumping on a kid because he chose to go elsewhere. For example, posts earlier during the season taking shots at Julio Jones because he stayed in Alabama and later on ended up starring at Alabama.

Sure I would have loved to have gotten Derrick Williams (PSU), Myron Rolle (FSU), and Jones (Bama). But, I can respect that they all chose to go to other schools closer to home as well.

kramer9802
12/22/2008, 11:33 AM
Man, he's gonna be pissed when he finds out that suitcase just had Walter's dirty undies in it.

Ween Fan that likes the Big Lebowski....seems like I should know you, but I don't know anyone from Ada.

Desert Sapper
12/22/2008, 01:37 PM
my full agreement on this...I've never understood dumping on a kid because he chose to go elsewhere. For example, posts earlier during the season taking shots at Julio Jones because he stayed in Alabama and later on ended up starring at Alabama.

Sure I would have loved to have gotten Derrick Williams (PSU), Myron Rolle (FSU), and Jones (Bama). But, I can respect that they all chose to go to other schools closer to home as well.

Or John Brantley and Cam Newton (UFs backup QBs) who both got slammed by OUr posters after they chose the Gators.

On that note, Williams did okay for himself, Rolle is a Rhodes scholar and a premed student, and Jones is a superstar at Bama. So, we aren't the ONLY right decision...just the MOST right decision.

KingDavid
12/22/2008, 03:17 PM

Fellas, the truth is that it's just plain hard to know just what we'd do if we were in the Horns' shoes.

Think about it. Repeatedly finishing second place behind your chief rival. Over and over and over. Watching their trophy case fill up with championship after championship after championship. Now gazing through your tears at a tattered photo of Vince Young, while knowing that he's gone. Gone. And all the while bearing the shameful knowledge that your head coach likes to feel his players' bottoms.

Sure, we'd all like to think we'd take the high road . . .

Scott D
12/22/2008, 03:25 PM
Fellas, the truth is that it's just plain hard to know just what we'd do if we were in the Horns' shoes.

Think about it. Repeatedly finishing second place behind your chief rival. Over and over and over. Watching their trophy case fill up with championship after championship after championship. Now gazing through your tears at a tattered photo of Vince Young, while knowing that he's gone. Gone. And all the while bearing the shameful knowledge that your head coach likes to feel his players' bottoms.

Sure, we'd all like to think we'd take the high road . . .

Yeah, except Texas does it when even Colorado beats them out for a recruit. Or do we forget the fiasco that came from Austin a year ago with Darrell Scott after he decided he'd rather play with family (Josh Smith) than be a Longhorn.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/22/2008, 03:29 PM

Sure, we'd all like to think we'd take the high road . . .Hear Hear!

kbsooner
12/22/2008, 05:44 PM

We beat down the horns and their conspiracy laden BS, they have closed the thread to comments.

KingDavid
12/22/2008, 05:44 PM

They shut down the commentary on that bullsh*t post. That thing got pretty nasty, too.

47straight
12/22/2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, except Texas does it when even Colorado beats them out for a recruit. Or do we forget the fiasco that came from Austin a year ago with Darrell Scott after he decided he'd rather play with family (Josh Smith) than be a Longhorn.

Agreed. Standard Operating Procedure.

To answer King David, I know I wouldn't act like them. Case in point: they've drug out the "you guys would act the same way if you had gotten screwed on the tiebreaker like we did." I've heard that more times than I can count.

The answer is, no, I wouldn't act like a little *****. Why? Because I'm not a little *****.

CK Sooner
12/25/2008, 06:57 PM
Its official.

He is a Sooner!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/26/sports/ncaafootball/26recruit.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&ref=sports

Rhino
12/25/2008, 07:04 PM
Awesome! Merry Christmas, Sooners!

SoonerBoognish
12/25/2008, 07:28 PM
Apparently those undies won him over!:rolleyes:

Merry Christmas!supa

KingDavid
12/25/2008, 07:46 PM
Its official.

He is a Sooner!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/26/sports/ncaafootball/26recruit.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&ref=sports

Man. What a great Christmas gift is that!

Really proud to see the way Coach Shipp represented the Sooner Nation. Integrity. Hard work. Diligence. Consistency. Taking the high road.

Those things don't always result in victory in the recruiting game, but more often than not, they DO add up to success . . . especially when it's a recruit with the right sort of character.

Way to go, Coach Shipp!

And way to go, Jarmarkus McFarland! You've obviously figured out one of the truest maxims of a successful life: listen to your loving mother. There's nothing like a good woman to help you make a big-time life-shaping decision. When you have a woman like that in your life (hopefully you'll find a wife like her, too), there's pretty much only one occasion that you DON'T do what they say: when they're telling you NOT to do something that's good for them.

For instance, if God should see fit to bless you with an NFL career (we hope He does) and you get that first contract and you go to do something special for Mom . . . but she says that you shouldn't buy her that car or that home because "it's too much." Well, then, you know what to do, my man! Let her have it!

Congratulations, again! Thanks for the awesome Christmas gift. Keep your expectations as high as you can make them. For yourself. For the program. For your family!

Boomer Sooner!

KingDavid

P.S. Personally, I think I could have some respect the e-mail that Coach Brown sent to Ms. Adams about not wanting to divide the family; however, I think it was a bit presumptious and probably a little manipulative given the situation. I can see why Ms. Adams took offense at it, too - as it was likely hinting that Ms. Adams was standing between her son and something he wanted to do.

KingDavid
12/25/2008, 07:54 PM
I hope the Horns enjoy my comment (3rd one Down) on their Twelve Days of Christmas thread at barking carnival. (http://www.barkingcarnival.com/trips-right/texas-basketball-twelve-days-of-christmas#comment-32222)

:))

KingDavid
12/25/2008, 08:01 PM
Its official.

He is a Sooner!

BTW, CK Sooner gets my nomination for the 2008 Stealth Recruiting Research Award. How in the name of Barry Switzer did you jump on that story so fast?!?

Spek to ya, my man! Boomer Sooner! Merry Christmas!

(Edit: This circumstances precipitating this nomination are under investigation. The nomination has been suspended temporarily until the originator of this story is confirmed.)

OUJAY
12/25/2008, 08:19 PM
Big time pickup for OU. Like I had been saying on here for awhile now, OU had been leading on him for a long time, despite what any Texas fans were saying.

OUJAY
12/25/2008, 08:31 PM
I loved how the Orangeblood.com recruiting guys were trying to tell their subscribers that McFarland really wanted to go to Texas but his mom wouldn't let him! LOL!! That is what they always say when a big time recruit picks OU over Texas. Total B.S.

CK Sooner
12/25/2008, 09:37 PM
BTW, CK Sooner gets my nomination for the 2008 Stealth Recruiting Research Award. How in the name of Barry Switzer did you jump on that story so fast?!?

Spek to ya, my man! Boomer Sooner! Merry Christmas!

(Edit: This circumstances precipitating this nomination are under investigation. The nomination has been suspended temporarily until the originator of this story is confirmed.)

I just decided to jump online for awhile to see what was up with recruiting and went to OU INSIDER and someone had posted the article right away.

Interesting article though, a must read.

badger
12/25/2008, 11:55 PM
So... um... thought you'd all be interested in this. (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5843272&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1&vc=1)

insuranceman_22
12/26/2008, 02:00 AM
Dayum.....that's a good read badger, thx & spek

SOONER STEAKER
12/26/2008, 10:23 AM
Wow, girls taking off their tops and kissing each other. Sounds like another Colorado fiasco in the making. Makes you wonder if the NCAA is gonna get involved in improper recruiting tactics or shall i say, "Morally improper recruiting tactics."

JLEW1818
12/26/2008, 12:36 PM
Any word on the WR?

Big John
12/26/2008, 08:37 PM
Any word on the WR?

Rivals says he still is planning on visiting OSU (9th) then Alabama (16th), so his decision likely won't come for a while.

mfosterftw
12/27/2008, 11:29 AM
McFarland’s mother, Kashemeyia Adams, said she received numerous offers, including one for an interest-free loan for a former classmate, if her son were to choose Texas. She said she did not believe the offers were affiliated with the Texas football staff.

:les: LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!1!!!!

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/27/2008, 02:05 PM
What an awesome Christmas!!!!!

PLaw
12/27/2008, 04:44 PM
Dayum.....that's a good read badger, thx & spek

From Whorns.com - blackman247 states "Sadly, I think this happens at every school, and the coaches/staff dont know anything about it."

SO, when it happens at texass, the coaches are completely unaware, but when it happens at other schools it blatant, out right cheating! Man, I hate whorns - those self-righteous, pius, pimps.

BOOMER

Squigglyline
12/29/2008, 11:50 AM
Welcome Jarmarkus! We're glad to have you as a part of the family!

rainiersooner
1/12/2009, 09:28 PM
Our D line is going to rock next year. Welcome Jarmarkus.

snp
1/12/2009, 09:55 PM
Our D line is going to rock next year. Welcome Jarmarkus.

Because of that, I doubt we'll see McFarland in the 2-deep. Shipp loves to RS his DTs and I don't think his MO will change when we have 3 proven great DT and another couple freshman ready to play.

But you're right, our DL is going to lead the nation in sacks with all the pass happy spreads in conference and all the studs returning. English will be healthy, Alexander will improve with another offseason hitting the weights, Beal is already a stud, and then you add in RJ Washington and Stacey McGee? Holy crap.

snp
1/13/2009, 04:04 PM
And just to **** us off, McFarland lost his 5*.

47straight
1/13/2009, 08:56 PM
The *********s from orangebloods.com who have a radio show in Austin were harping over the loss of a star. And of course, the man whose income depends on subscribers swears that only idiots think that McFarland's signing with OU contributed to his loss of a star.

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2009, 09:50 PM
Who gives a ****. Sam had 3 stars.

Desert Sapper
1/13/2009, 10:08 PM
Adrian Taylor was a 3 Star. He's doing alright for himself.

The funny thing is...take a look at this list (http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2127). WTF? He's the #2 DT in the country but he has less 'stars' than the 4 guys that follow him? I'm guessing he'll arbitrarily drop from the top 5, too. Heh.

tommieharris91
1/13/2009, 10:40 PM

The funny thing is...take a look at this list (http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2127). WTF? He's the #2 DT in the country but he has less 'stars' than the 4 guys that follow him? I'm guessing he'll arbitrarily drop from the top 5, too. Heh.

There's a Bama commit on that same list that is a 3* and is rated higher than most of the 4*s on that list.

Scott D
1/14/2009, 11:40 AM

these star ratings are about as useless as nfl mock drafts in mid december. That is all.

Beef
1/14/2009, 12:14 PM
these star ratings are about as useless as nfl mock drafts in mid december. That is all.

This is a two star post, but I'll consider raising it to 3 or 4 if Pete Carroll tells me it's a good post.

OUAlumni1990
1/14/2009, 12:56 PM
Defense wins championships. One step closer. ;)