PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Heisman Watch - October 21

Ardmore_Sooner
10/21/2008, 01:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

Jock Ewing
10/21/2008, 01:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

I am a Longhorn. To me, either Bradford or McCoy should win it if the season ended today and I would not have a complaint. There is a lot of season left.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/21/2008, 02:00 PM
CK, can't happen. The winner is announced in December not January.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 02:01 PM
CK, can't happen. The winner is announced in December not January.

Well hopefully Colt ****s up then.

EnragedOUfan
10/21/2008, 02:06 PM
Pretty depressing if you ask me. There are absolutely no 1st place votes for Sam Bradford from neither of the so called "espn" experts. This is not good for Sam. And its sad because Sam will continue to throw amazing games and will finish the season with more touchdowns and yards than McCoy, but McCoy will win the Heisman due to his pass completion percentage. I can't deny that Colt McCoy's stats are not good because they are, but Sam Bradford is by far the best QB in college football hands down. The only way Sam Bradford will surpass Colt McCoy at this point in the season is if Texas loses. Otherwise, Bradford will be the Heisman runner up. The Texas loss hurt us in many different ways.

BOOMER!

NormanPride
10/21/2008, 02:09 PM
Considering the recent Heisman QB's success in bowl games, would we really want him to win?

BuckyB
10/21/2008, 02:28 PM
Considering the recent Heisman QB's success in bowl games, would we really want him to win?

Good call.

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 02:31 PM
Tebow said McCoy is the front runner.

What's funny is Tebow gets a vote.

rainiersooner
10/21/2008, 05:27 PM
Tebow said McCoy is the front runner.

What's funny is Tebow gets a vote.

Aha! But so does Jason White! And Billy Sims. And Steve Owens. So we're stacking the deck (plus, I believe Ricky Williams is ineligible).

picasso
10/21/2008, 05:39 PM
Pretty depressing if you ask me. There are absolutely no 1st place votes for Sam Bradford from neither of the so called "espn" experts. This is not good for Sam. And its sad because Sam will continue to throw amazing games and will finish the season with more touchdowns and yards than McCoy, but McCoy will win the Heisman due to his pass completion percentage. I can't deny that Colt McCoy's stats are not good because they are, but Sam Bradford is by far the best QB in college football hands down. The only way Sam Bradford will surpass Colt McCoy at this point in the season is if Texas loses. Otherwise, Bradford will be the Heisman runner up. The Texas loss hurt us in many different ways.

BOOMER!

that and Colt played better than Sam in the RRS. look, I'm a hardcore Sooner and love Bradford but he finished 2nd on that day.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/21/2008, 05:54 PM
Does OJ have a vote?

Ground_Attack
10/21/2008, 06:26 PM
that and Colt played better than Sam in the RRS. look, I'm a hardcore Sooner and love Bradford but he finished 2nd on that day.

I would agree with that if Sam played on defense. I'll give you that sam had more turnovers, one being a poorly thrown ball. The other was a hail mary on the last play of the game that was completely irrellevant. Sam had 5 TDs and almost 400 yards. McCoy had a higher completion percentage and no INTs but I wouldn't say Bradford "finished 2nd on that day". JMHO

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/21/2008, 06:27 PM
Colt is the best offensive player on the best team with national championship aspirations. He's a junior, he already has national name recognition from his freshman season, and (as much as it pains me to say this) he's a somewhat likeable guy. THAT'S why he wins the Heisman, barring a New York Mets-like collapse down the stretch for Texas.

oumartin
10/21/2008, 06:37 PM
Look, if McCoy wins it I have no problems. He has played almost flawless football. He will have an edge on Sam due to the head to head matchup.
I know it should not matter but it does.

Sam will get his invite and who knows he might win it. But if all things are equal either Colt or Sam should win it. Neither should feel slighted if the other wins.

Ground_Attack
10/21/2008, 09:19 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be #1, but the statement that Colt performed at such a higher level is absurd.

OKC-SLC
10/21/2008, 09:33 PM
Look, if McCoy wins it I have no problems. He has played almost flawless football. He will have an edge on Sam due to the head to head matchup.
I know it should not matter but it does.

Sam will get his invite and who knows he might win it. But if all things are equal either Colt or Sam should win it. Neither should feel slighted if the other wins.

agreed.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2008, 11:36 PM
I would agree with that if Sam played on defense. I'll give you that sam had more turnovers, one being a poorly thrown ball. The other was a hail mary on the last play of the game that was completely irrellevant. Sam had 5 TDs and almost 400 yards. McCoy had a higher completion percentage and no INTs but I wouldn't say Bradford "finished 2nd on that day". JMHO

But i thought McCoy gave up a pick ? Oops, wait, fixed in the replay booth :rolleyes:

lloyd45
10/21/2008, 11:55 PM
Bradford's second pick was bs

olevetonahill
10/22/2008, 12:15 AM
Does OJ have a vote?

I dont think Convicted Felons can Vote .;)

picasso
10/22/2008, 11:22 AM

I would. Colt led them when needed. Stats don't always matter when you lose.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/22/2008, 12:13 PM
I would. Colt led them when needed. Stats don't always matter when you lose.

How many games did Tebow's team lose last year? 4?

But I guess his stats don't matter then.

OUmillenium
10/22/2008, 12:15 PM
Fun stuff, lot of season left. Taco Tech needs to take down saxet and knock colt out of the game and Heisman race.

Could be a fun ending to the season if we can play some defense.

picasso
10/22/2008, 12:15 PM
How many games did Tebow's team lose last year? 4?

But I guess his stats don't matter then.

guys guys. I'm a Bradford fan but Colt outplayed him in the RRS. I hate to admit it but that is the game I'm talking about.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/22/2008, 12:22 PM
guys guys. I'm a Bradford fan but Colt outplayed him in the RRS. I hate to admit it but that is the game I'm talking about.

I guess we agree to disagree :D

StoopTroup
10/22/2008, 12:22 PM
I'd say it looks about right unless texas loses a game.

It will get pretty interesting if they drop a game.

bri
10/22/2008, 12:49 PM
Taco Tech needs to take down saxet and knock colt out of the game and Heisman race.

You stay classy, Soonerfans.