PDA

View Full Version : I see what you mean

Dan Thompson
10/21/2008, 01:19 PM
I was watching ESPN last night and Corso(sp) said

"USC is the best 5-1 team in the BCS, because they are the only team to
beat another BCS school"

I guess he forgot to look at last weeks game. KU is ranked 23rd.

oumartin
10/21/2008, 01:33 PM
Corso is very upset at OU after they lost when he picked them.

hink4769
10/21/2008, 01:37 PM
this will only get worse as the season goes on, culminating with every ESPN analyst saying stuff like "I don't care what the computers say, USC is the best team in the country" during conference championship week.

NCSooner18
10/21/2008, 01:39 PM

Hell, as often as he is wrong he must be po'd at everyone.

crawfish
10/21/2008, 01:40 PM

I wish he'd stop doing that, then.

MiccoMacey
10/21/2008, 01:42 PM
Or Cincinnati..since they're in the Big East.

Or Washington, since they're in the PAC-10 (the same PAC-10 USC is in).

Or Baylor, or...

oumartin
10/21/2008, 01:47 PM
Here is where I don't get Corso's logic.

OU lost to Texas and had the lead until losing the Defensive leader.
SUC lost to Oregon State(yeah Oregon State) and beat Ohio State who had a crappy QB and didn' t have their star running back. I think Ohio State would beat them now.

Ohio State would have more of a gripe than SUC. Especially if they beat Penn State

hink4769
10/21/2008, 01:52 PM
I think Ohio State would beat them now.

No chance.

BornandBred
10/21/2008, 01:53 PM

The Corso curse is the reason we lost that effin game in the first place. I hate him so bad. He and Lou Holtz should go murder suicide.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2008, 02:02 PM
SUC lost to Oregon State(yeah Oregon State) and beat Ohio State who had a crappy QB and didn' t have their star running back. I think Ohio State would beat them now.

I think it would be much more competitive, but SUC still wins. tOSU is designed and coached to beat big10/11 foes, but not other elite teams. Personally, I hope PSU wins this weekend, but doubt it. I mean, how much longer will JoePa be around?

BevoAssassin
10/21/2008, 02:07 PM
The talking heads might as well already name SUC the media national champions of 2008. I think it's funny how SUC was the best team last year, the best team the year before that, the best team the year before that, ad nauseam without winning a national championship since 2004 and only appearing in the game once since then. I will never understand why the media is impressed with a 69-0 drubbing of Wazzou, who many historical experts are saying could possibly be the worst team in the history of the Pac-10. I would love for SUC to play a Big XII or SEC schedule

stoopified
10/21/2008, 02:30 PM
No chance.

Hmm I think thats a lot like saying Oregon State,has NO cahnce to beat USC... oh wait.I don't know if TOSU would beat USC or not BUT I guarantee it would be much closer this time around.Personally I'm hoping Mike and his Wildcats burst the Condoms and their resivor tip. :)

BuckyB
10/21/2008, 02:32 PM
Does anyone have the picture of him putting on the horsepig head last year in the Missouri game or putting on the schooner hat this year at RRR?

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 02:35 PM
USC is 5-1
Florida is 5-1
LSU is 5-1
Pitt is 5-1
FSU is 5-1

GUESS WHAT

we are 6-1 not 5-1 ... lol but i'm sure he was not thinking that

primetime43
10/21/2008, 02:59 PM
I think it would be much more competitive, but SUC still wins. tOSU is designed and coached to beat big10/11 foes, but not other elite teams. Personally, I hope PSU wins this weekend, but doubt it. I mean, how much longer will JoePa be around?

Sounds like a perfect Rose bowl rematch. They deserve each other.

tommieharris91
10/21/2008, 03:02 PM
I think Ohio State would beat them now.

I'm not quite willing to go that far, but tOSU would certainly give USC a better game that that 35-3 crapfest they played.

Theskipster
10/21/2008, 03:15 PM
Hmm I think thats a lot like saying Oregon State,has NO cahnce to beat USC... oh wait.I don't know if TOSU would beat USC or not BUT I guarantee it would be much closer this time around.Personally I'm hoping Mike and his Wildcats burst the Condoms and their resivor tip. :)

No it wouldn't be close again with OSU vs USC.

Pete Carroll is one of the best coaches against top opponents. But USC will lose one or two games he shouldn't every year because he tries to simply out talent what he thinks are weak teams.

Somebody like Mike Stoops has a real chance to completely outcoach Carroll and get a win because Carroll won't even really try against Mike. Tressell can't because Carroll will be at his best against Tressell.

lloyd45
10/21/2008, 03:18 PM
Here is where I don't get Corso's logic.

OU lost to Texas and had the lead until losing the Defensive leader.

Ohio State would have more of a gripe than SUC. Especially if they beat Penn State

I lol'd

BigBoomerInBigD
10/21/2008, 04:25 PM
CORSO IS A FECKIN TOOL!

BigBoomerInBigD
10/21/2008, 04:27 PM
AND A FECKLESS F**K!

SoonerLB
10/21/2008, 04:54 PM
Happens every year about this time. The talking heads at ESPN and East coast sports writers all start having self-induced orgasms while dreaming of SUC and Ohio State in a National Championship game.
Especially ESPN types, as the dream also brings thoughts of enhanced revenues from major markets.
Just ignore them, they know not of what they speak. :)

rainiersooner
10/21/2008, 05:14 PM
I can't ignore them, because coaches and writers, who get their information on every other team other than the one they just coached or covered from ESPN, don't ignore them...and therefore it directly impacts votes in the polls. Reason 516 we need to see a playoff.

85sooners
10/21/2008, 09:29 PM
**** usc!!!!!!

BornandBred
10/21/2008, 10:19 PM
Does anyone have the picture of him putting on the horsepig head last year in the Missouri game or putting on the schooner hat this year at RRR?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u111/oubeta55/DSC00570.jpg

Taken from my seat in section 134. Eff this guy...

sooneron
10/21/2008, 10:25 PM
#23 has a nice rack

BornandBred
10/21/2008, 10:32 PM
#23 has a nice rack

I believe you are correct sir.

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 10:38 PM
ditto

adoniijahsooner
10/22/2008, 06:38 AM
so you like calhoun's rack?

StormySooner-IN
10/22/2008, 07:29 AM
I can't see the rack...the photos appear as red X's here at school. :mad:

:D

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 07:38 AM
Hey Lee:

OFFICIAL NCAA STATISTICS
Strength of Schedule, Cumulative Schedule 2008 (total past & future games)
10/22/2008

2. Oklahoma
52. Southern Cal

mojohornfan
10/22/2008, 07:49 AM
I hate SC more than anyone can imagine. I would wear an OU jersey to work 30 days in a row before I'd wear a SUC jersey for one day. I work with a bunch of guys that are from the left coast and all I hear is how they got talent talent talent. They are truly the yankees of college football. It would make my year to see them lose to AR this weekend.

pott_2
10/22/2008, 07:52 AM
#23 has a nice rack
:texan:
(.)(.)

Tulsa_Fireman
10/22/2008, 08:21 AM
...IS A PENIS

I can't believe it took this long.

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 08:58 AM
...IS A PENIS

I can't believe it took this long.

TF,

I request that you not include Corso, Penis and Long in the same post.

deweydw
10/22/2008, 09:45 AM
The Corso curse is the reason we lost that effin game in the first place. I hate him so bad. He and Lou Holtz should go murder suicide.

LOL!!! Only problem is that they would both miss.

oupride
10/22/2008, 09:50 AM
I hate saying this, but if Texas loses one game, just one game, USC will play for the MNC.

Sooner_09
10/22/2008, 11:14 AM
I hate saying this, but if Texas loses one game, just one game, USC will play for the MNC.

Correct!:mad:

St. Louis Sooner
10/22/2008, 11:57 AM
ha ... gotta love the word 'feckin' !! :D

i'd like to see a "percentage factor" adopted in the BCS (pardon me if it already is) calculations that rewards those who play in conference championship games and wins them; it'll never happen due to the BigPacDome Mafia, but a 12-1 team should get the nod for playing and winning that extra game the other conferences don't offer; just think, some "one loss" teams will be referred to instead as a "12 win team";

i like it, and it would take the steam out of all those biased sportscasters at the end of the year ... who like to compare 'one loss' teams;

just sayin ...

RiddlerOK
10/22/2008, 01:28 PM
One thing you can't overlook about SC is that they are playing better now than they did aginst Oregon St. Maybe that Thursday night curse has something to it after all. One thing you gotta dig deep down inside and ask yourself is "Would you want to play SC right now?"

The other curious thought in my head right now is how far will Texas fall in the rankings if they lose at home to OSU this weekend?

Will Texas fall below OU in the rankings?

Something to ponder.....................

Johnny Utah
10/22/2008, 01:52 PM
The other curious thought in my head right now is how far will Texas fall in the rankings if they lose at home to OSU this weekend?

... and will both Texas and OU fall below OSU in the rankings?

Something to ponder...:mad:

BevoAssassin
10/22/2008, 02:54 PM
One thing you can't overlook about SC is that they are playing better now than they did aginst Oregon St. Maybe that Thursday night curse has something to it after all. One thing you gotta dig deep down inside and ask yourself is "Would you want to play SC right now?"

By what way can we tell that they're playing better than they were against Oregon State? The Pac-10 is terrible and they haven't been tested by anyone since that game. Oregon's using a lottery system to choose the lucky fan starting for them at QB each week, WSU is possibly the worst team in Pac-10 history, and everyone else in the conference sucks. I want to see SUC beat somebody better than an Ohio State team with Todd Boeckman at QB and Chris Wells out.

Losing to Oregon State would be roughly comparable to OU losing to Baylor this year. If we would've blown that game, we wouldn't be in the MNC discussion even if we had beaten Saxet. SUC hasn't proven anything with that schedule

SoonerLB
10/22/2008, 03:55 PM
Well, this thread has me pondering, and I think I will have 2 rally yells this weekend, the usual, and ..............................

GO ARIZONA!

Put a beat-down on SUC and all that 'talent'!

Pineapple
10/22/2008, 04:04 PM
Because their coach (Pete Carrol) is the biggest whiner in the league.

aksoonersig
10/22/2008, 06:32 PM

I would LOVE to play USC right now. Mark Sanchez is banged up and really has proven he isn't that great of a QB, and while they might be 'loaded' with talent, I'd put ours right up there with them. The problem Carroll's teams have shown year after year is that they can't really perform all game every game. They expect the fact that they were all 5 and 4 stars out of high school to win ball games for them, and it bites them in the ***. Plus I think this year especially they think they're hot sh*t because they've been beating up on the abortion of a conference that is the Pac-10, once they faced some ACTUAL competition (NOT tOSU w/o perhaps the best back in the league) they'd play well for the first half, wonder why they're losing and then give up in the 2nd.

The Remnant
10/22/2008, 08:40 PM
SC's offense hasn't been the same since Chow left.

TopDawg
10/22/2008, 08:55 PM

beat another BCS school"

He probably meant BCS Top 10 team. Since, ya know...

Florida (5-1) has beaten #13 LSU
TCU (7-1) has beaten #21 BYU
South Florida (6-1) has beaten #23 Kansas
Pitt (5-1) has beaten #16 South Florida...

not to mention the OU thing.

But it's more fun to get mad at him.

josh09
10/22/2008, 08:58 PM

beat another BCS school"

And TCU!!! Arent they like 14 or something?

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 09:59 PM
So I have the VaTech/BC game on and the scroll at the bottom of the screen is showing the conference standings and a little snippet about each team, like "USC has outscored it's opponents 225-86 in their last 3 games", or, "Auburn has held its opponents to less than 12 red zone trips."

Oklahoma's snippet?

"Oklahoma has given up 962 yards total offense in it's last two games."

Nice fact. Thanks for sharing.

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 08:13 AM
... and will both Texas and OU fall below OSU in the rankings?

Something to ponder...:mad:

Yes. And they should.