PDA

View Full Version : It Bugs Me

Oldnslo
10/21/2008, 09:42 AM
Dear Coaches and Players,

We know when to cheer. We don't need you to wave your arms like you're dancing "The Bird" and pump up the crowd. You want to pump up the crowd?

Make a play.

How's that for a deal? Kind of traditional, I know, but instead of you turning your back to your teammates on the field of play, how about you fire up the TEAM. The crowd? We'll take care of our end, thanks.

Make a play. We'll cheer. Cheerleaders? We've got 'em, and in all candor, they're better looking than you are. So stick to your strength and make a play.

Boomer,

Sec 7, Row 15, Seats 7 & 8.

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2008, 09:48 AM
Brother Old,

I see where you are coming from here, but I disagree with you on so many levels...

Except the "make a play" part, of course. :P

OKLA21FAN
10/21/2008, 09:57 AM
Dear Coaches and Players,

We know when to cheer. We don't need you to wave your arms like you're dancing "The Bird" and pump up the crowd.

maybe they are just trying to start the WAVE? :pop:

Oldnslo
10/21/2008, 09:58 AM
Don't get me wrong. I want the guys to be fired up. But, Good Lord, should we all be turning around and getting our fellow bleacher-bums to cheer? Or should we be, you know, focused on the game? Especially if we're a snap away from being IN it?

StoopTroup
10/21/2008, 10:02 AM
Bob loves it when the crowd gets up...

I will agree with OldnSlo about one thing...

The Coaches shouldn't have to get the crowd to get lOUd...

We should be lOUd so that OUr boys know were counting on them to get us even lOUder....

There are some folks who don't even clap or react when we score...they just sit there and say...it's about damn time...

I go to cheer my Team on...

Home or Away...I'll still get lOUd.

OUmillenium
10/21/2008, 10:02 AM
:pop:

BornandBred
10/21/2008, 10:11 AM
After going to the OU/TX game and seeing the UT side be consistently louder, I tried to get my section going. It failed. But, whenever the Colts were driving into the OU side, and the DB's started telling the crowd to get up, they responded. I like the players asking for crowd interaction, makes me feel like we're more of the game than just observers. It also makes it more difficult on the O.

badger
10/21/2008, 10:16 AM
Dear Aggie football players,

This is Old Army. You darn kids are losing too much. We pay money to this university to give us the right to sit on our a$$es for three hours and not make a peep, but you boys best be running yourself all over our sacred field come Saturday. Back in my days, we used to not just beat Texas, but we stood the entire game and yelled those other teams right outta the stadium, but our Aggies on the field, boys, they were something else. You boys, on the other hand, better not have cashed those checks we had sent to you through the athletic department yet.

Sincerely,
Old Army

PS: If you're reading this, New Army, you aren't nearly as loud as when we were students there and aren't nearly as dedicated to the football team. And by gawd, if I hear one of you kids tell me to "uncover" one more time, I'll squeeze the army right outta ya.

ousooners182
10/21/2008, 10:34 AM
After going to OU games then seeing how other stadiums are..
sometimes the ou crowd isnt as loud as it needs to be..the kansas game..the crowd was pretty weak at times...

sometimes the players DO need to reminds the crowd when to get loud it seems like.

OKLA21FAN
10/21/2008, 10:56 AM
This thread reminds me of listening to Oregon duck call in shows when I was in Beaverton a few years ago.

"Sure we are an average to better than average football team, but we are LOUD at a games! Don't worry about the Xs and Os, just as long as we can claim we are loud!"

:gary:

badger
10/21/2008, 10:59 AM
sometimes the ou crowd isnt as loud as it needs to be..the kansas game..the crowd was pretty weak at times...

let's blame the economy. sad people cheer less.

Johnny Utah
10/21/2008, 11:04 AM
"Sure we are an average to better than average football team, but we are LOUD at a games! Don't worry about the Xs and Os, just as long as we can claim we are loud!"
:gary:

The SEC likes to claim this too ... one of the reasons why it's the toughest conference evar!:rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2008, 11:04 AM
Sometimes they are trying to pump up the crowd, and the play is about to start..I m with Old....let the guys on the sideline wave their arms around...guys on D should be thinking of something else

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2008, 11:05 AM
Sometimes they are trying to pump up the crowd, and the play is about to start..I m with Old....let the guys on the sideline wave their arms around...guys on D should be thinking of something else

Like kissing girl's hands?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2008, 11:12 AM
EXACTLY!

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2008, 11:14 AM
You know, I did see BV carrying a yellow legal pad on the sidelines last week...

Oldnslo
10/21/2008, 11:17 AM
You know, I did see BV carrying a yellow legal pad on the sidelines last week...

That rat bastard!

85sooners
10/21/2008, 11:18 AM
lets get fired up!!!!!

SoonerJack
10/21/2008, 11:35 AM
It bugged me to hear the K-who fans chanting Block that Kick.

I was thinking, "C'mon soonerfans, please drown out the mythical bird supporters. I do hate them so."

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2008, 11:37 AM
It bugged me to hear the K-who fans chanting Block that Kick.

I was thinking, "C'mon soonerfans, please drown out the mythical bird supporters. I do hate them so."

Those losers should have known that they don't need to block our kicks

sooner518
10/21/2008, 11:40 AM

I always thought they were trying to ressurect the ShockWave!!:pop:

85sooners
10/21/2008, 12:07 PM
Those losers should have known that they don't need to block our kicks:D

RacerX
10/21/2008, 12:44 PM
Be loud when OU is on D.
Shut up when OU is on O.

It's that easy. If you can sit on your butt and moan and bitch about the team, your the sure the hell better make noise when OU is on D.

EVERY DOWN, NOT JUST THIRD DOWN.

Dio
10/21/2008, 01:00 PM
Was it just me, or did it seem like the Pride was playing between every play when we were on offense?

StoopTroup
10/21/2008, 01:08 PM
Be loud when OU is on D.
Shut up when OU is on O.

It's that easy. If you can sit on your butt and moan and bitch about the team, your the sure the hell better make noise when OU is on D.

EVERY DOWN, NOT JUST THIRD DOWN.

AMEN!

hink4769
10/21/2008, 01:41 PM
If the players make the crowd louder then why do you care how they do it? The end result is a louder crowd, which is better than a quiet crowd.

Whet
10/21/2008, 01:51 PM
So, is the band again playing "Boomer Sooner" after touchdowns, rather than the loud speakers blaring that silly music?

Oldnslo
10/21/2008, 03:39 PM
If the players make the crowd louder then why do you care how they do it? The end result is a louder crowd, which is better than a quiet crowd.

They could probably get a roar from playing in drag. That okay with you?

Most of the time, these guys are showing zero intensity in their cheering. It's just flap, flap, flap.

olevetonahill
10/21/2008, 05:21 PM
I personaly Like it . Its Like the players are wantin US on the field .
just My 2 cents.

sooner59
10/21/2008, 06:54 PM
So, is the band again playing "Boomer Sooner" after touchdowns, rather than the loud speakers blaring that silly music?

I never heard Zombie Nation in the KU game. So either they didn't play it or it was too loud to hear it. I'm cool with either one.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/21/2008, 07:47 PM

sometimes the players DO need to reminds the crowd when to get loud it seems like.

That may have something to do with all the 11 AM kickoffs. How about some night games? :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
10/21/2008, 08:15 PM
We don't need you to wave your arms like you're dancing "The Bird" and pump up the crowd.

Have you heard about "the Bird?":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Soonerus
10/21/2008, 08:38 PM
I agree with Oldnslo, this has long been one of my pet peeves, a few players asking the crowd occasionally is OK but constant "arm-waving" by coaches, in particular, is a little nauseating...

Oldnslo
10/21/2008, 08:39 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/172226.jpg

Do the bird!

badger
10/21/2008, 08:46 PM
Was it just me, or did it seem like the Pride was playing between every play when we were on offense?

Pretty much, but I think we can all agree that there isn't very much time between every play when we were offense!

Landthief 1972
10/22/2008, 10:08 AM
if the crowd was louder when OU is on D, the players wouldn't need to flap their arms, IMHO.

jage
10/22/2008, 10:10 AM
Have you heard about "the Bird?":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anybody else see the family guy a couple weeks ago? Now I can't get that damn song out of my head!

fadada1
10/22/2008, 10:10 AM

shock wave... duh.

fadada1
10/22/2008, 10:11 AM
I always thought they were trying to ressurect the ShockWave!!:pop:

DOH!!!

Sooner_09
10/22/2008, 11:10 AM
I don't know about you guys, but it irritates the **** out of me when I'm yelling my azz off and others just sit there while were on D..*cough* east side. Step it up ladies and gentlemen!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/22/2008, 08:26 PM
I personaly Like it . Its Like the players are wantin US on the field .
just My 2 cents.

Yeah and I don't have a problem with the players and coaches doing any little thing that can help the team. If it works at all it seems like it is worth the trouble to me. I know we all pay for our tickets and you aren't required to make noise but it is pretty much the ONE thing fans can do on gameday to help OU get a win.

What bothers me is our own fans getting all worked up when the play isn't called at the line until right before the play clock expires...almost like the coaches are trying to prevent the other team from having time for a defensive audible.:rolleyes: