PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stuff...From CFN

Collier11
10/21/2008, 08:44 AM
Here are the five remaining unbeaten BCS teams and where they’re going to lose, and the stunner they might lose.

- Texas - Might Lose: Oklahoma State, Possible Upset: Texas A&M, Will Lose: at Texas Tech
- Alabama - Might Lose: at Tennessee, Possible Upset: Mississippi State, Will Lose: at LSU
- Penn State - Might Lose: at Iowa, Possible Upset: Michigan State, Will Lose: at Ohio State
- Oklahoma State - Might Lose: at Texas Tech, Possible Upset: at Colorado, Will Lose: at Texas
- Texas Tech - Might Lose: at Kansas, Possible Upset: Baylor, Will Lose: at Oklahoma

So with that in mind, I’ll take ‘em out and put them on the chopping block. Your conference champions will be …
ACC – Georgia Tech, Big East – Pitt, Big 12 – Oklahoma, Big Ten – Ohio State, C-USA – Tulsa, MAC – Ball State, Mountain West

There are about 15 other teams out there that would like to make the trade, too … This might be the golden age of Big 12 quarterbacks with Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, Zac Robinson, Graham Harrell, Josh Freeman, Joe Ganz, Robert Griffin, and all of a sudden, Jerrod Johnson at Texas A&M all giving the league a ridiculous array of talented playmakers to deal with on a weekly basis. Of course, there’s also Colt McCoy, who has the Heisman for the taking. And then there’s Sam Bradford, the Oklahoma star who could be the No. 1 pick in the draft if he chooses to leave early after this season (he’s a third-year sophomore). At the very least, he’s neck-and-neck with Georgia’s Matthew Stafford as the best pro quarterback prospect in college football.
How amazing is this year for Big 12 quarterbacks and how mediocre has the quarterback play been in the past? An argument could be made that Bradford is the best pro quarterback from a Big 12 school right now, including all NFL teams, and McCoy might be close behind. Freeman, Harrell, and Daniel, if he grows another two inches, might also be in the discussion.

Would the Tennessee Titans trade Vince Young for Bradford? Thanks, V.Y., but here’s a bus ticket and a peanut butter sandwich. Behind Young, the second best Big 12 quarterback currently playing in the NFL right now is, uhhhh, ummmm, Sage Rosenfels? Seneca Wallace? None of the top

phislammajamma
10/21/2008, 08:52 AM
i'll believe it when i see it.

4th & 2! grrr....

primetime43
10/21/2008, 09:00 AM
Would the Tennessee Titans trade Vince Young for Bradford? Thanks, V.Y., but here’s a bus ticket and a peanut butter sandwich.]

I love it!

oumartin
10/21/2008, 09:05 AM
if OU is gonna win the big 12 then why didn't they put OU on the list of possible losses for OSU.

I honestly don't think the defense can stop anybody so here is hoping we can outscore them all.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 09:12 AM
if OU is gonna win the big 12 then why didn't they put OU on the list of possible losses for OSU.

I honestly don't think the defense can stop anybody so here is hoping we can outscore them all.

earlier in the article they said that Tech and Osu were losing to OU

oumartin
10/21/2008, 09:14 AM
okay, cool. I was just reading this line

Oklahoma State - Might Lose: at Texas Tech, Possible Upset: at Colorado, Will Lose: at Texas

Stoop Dawg
10/21/2008, 09:17 AM

And, Texas MIGHT LOSE to OSU, but OSU WILL LOSE to Texas. That seems, well, illogical.

Plus, Texas has to lose 2 for OU to even have a shot at the conference championship. That doesn't seem likely to me.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 09:27 AM
NO THEY DONT!!! They can lose one and with different things happening we could still get in the conf title game, although what you said is the easiest way

The Maestro
10/21/2008, 09:30 AM
If OU loses to a South division team that we beat (OSU, Tech, Baylor...assuming we do) then it is a three way tie and the higher ranked team gets into the Big 12 title game. If we win out and texas loses, it would more than likely be us.

oumartin
10/21/2008, 09:43 AM
Maestro, thinkg your first OU needs to be Texas ;)

it seems odd they would go with higher ranking over Head to Head.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 09:49 AM
it seems odd they would go with higher ranking over Head to Head.

its cus the first 3 or 4 tie breakers would all be tied if OU and ut ended up with 1 loss unless ut's loss was to a north team

Stoop Dawg
10/21/2008, 09:58 AM
NO THEY DONT!!! They can lose one and with different things happening we could still get in the conf title game, although what you said is the easiest way

Yeah, I just saw that other thread. My mistake.

soonervegas
10/21/2008, 10:56 AM
If Texas Tech gets past this weekend things become a little more likley that OU could split with Tech and Texas. But I just have a hard time believing Tech can get through:

at Kansas
Texas
Oklahoma State

undefeated.

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 11:34 AM
Who is willing to give a left nut for that to happen is the real question???

ME

Dan Thompson
10/21/2008, 01:16 PM
Excuse me, there are other unbeaten teams in the BCS.

Utah, Boise St., Tulsa, & Ball St.

sooner59
10/21/2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah but none of those teams have a shot at the MNC even if they finish unbeaten.

DallasSooner87
10/21/2008, 08:31 PM

Wow this has been everywhere how are people still missing it. :rolleyes: ;)

http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

sooner59
10/21/2008, 08:35 PM
Wow this has been everywhere how are people still missing it. :rolleyes: ;)

http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Yep, hehe. And now check out this on CBS Sportsline...

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11051243

It's obvious the Sooners didn't take much of a hit after losing the game that usually defines their -- and the Big 12's -- season. OU dropped from No. 1 to No. 4 in AP the day following the loss, then debuted in the same spot in the BCS. Oklahoma (6-1, 2-1) trails Texas (7-0, 3-0) by a game in the Big 12 South. It would need the Horns to lose two conference games to have a chance to win the South and claim the Big 12 title. However, that would destroy any chance of a rematch.

DallasSooner87
10/21/2008, 08:39 PM
Yep, hehe. And now check out this on CBS Sportsline...

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11051243

It's obvious the Sooners didn't take much of a hit after losing the game that usually defines their -- and the Big 12's -- season. OU dropped from No. 1 to No. 4 in AP the day following the loss, then debuted in the same spot in the BCS. Oklahoma (6-1, 2-1) trails Texas (7-0, 3-0) by a game in the Big 12 South. It would need the Horns to lose two conference games to have a chance to win the South and claim the Big 12 title. However, that would destroy any chance of a rematch.

Good thing we have Tim Griffin over as ESPN.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-3-164/Tim-s-mailbag--Now-what-about-those-Big-12-tiebreakers-.html

"It would be very interesting, believe me. If the season was to finish out like you predict, the determination of the conference champion would be made on which team was ahead in the final regular-season BCS standings, which is the fifth tiebreaker."

Okie35
10/22/2008, 03:00 AM
And, Texas MIGHT LOSE to OSU, but OSU WILL LOSE to Texas. That seems, well, illogical.

Plus, Texas has to lose 2 for OU to even have a shot at the conference championship. That doesn't seem likely to me.

texas is only up 1 game and a half ... they dont have to lose 2 to be out of the big 12 title just lose to a team we beat...

Okie35
10/22/2008, 03:08 AM
oh yea and after this weekend we will be 3rd... because psu is going to lose to ohio state after re-watching psu vs. michigan and watching michigans bum qb stephen threet shred through the psu defense im convinced...

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/22/2008, 04:21 AM
One problem....he didn't shred them enough

oupride
10/22/2008, 12:45 PM
Big 12 Tie-Breaker Procedures (http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006)

stoopified
10/22/2008, 06:50 PM
Here are the five remaining unbeaten BCS teams and where they’re going to lose, and the stunner they might lose.

- Texas - Might Lose: Oklahoma State, Possible Upset: Texas A&M, Will Lose: at Texas Tech
- Alabama - Might Lose: at Tennessee, Possible Upset: Mississippi State, Will Lose: at LSU
- Penn State - Might Lose: at Iowa, Possible Upset: Michigan State, Will Lose: at Ohio State
- Oklahoma State - Might Lose: at Texas Tech, Possible Upset: at Colorado, Will Lose: at Texas
- Texas Tech - Might Lose: at Kansas, Possible Upset: Baylor, Will Lose: at Oklahoma

So with that in mind, I’ll take ‘em out and put them on the chopping block. Your conference champions will be …
ACC – Georgia Tech, Big East – Pitt, Big 12 – Oklahoma, Big Ten – Ohio State, C-USA – Tulsa, MAC – Ball State, Mountain West

There are about 15 other teams out there that would like to make the trade, too … This might be the golden age of Big 12 quarterbacks with Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, Zac Robinson, Graham Harrell, Josh Freeman, Joe Ganz, Robert Griffin, and all of a sudden, Jerrod Johnson at Texas A&M all giving the league a ridiculous array of talented playmakers to deal with on a weekly basis. Of course, there’s also Colt McCoy, who has the Heisman for the taking. And then there’s Sam Bradford, the Oklahoma star who could be the No. 1 pick in the draft if he chooses to leave early after this season (he’s a third-year sophomore). At the very least, he’s neck-and-neck with Georgia’s Matthew Stafford as the best pro quarterback prospect in college football.
How amazing is this year for Big 12 quarterbacks and how mediocre has the quarterback play been in the past? An argument could be made that Bradford is the best pro quarterback from a Big 12 school right now, including all NFL teams, and McCoy might be close behind. Freeman, Harrell, and Daniel, if he grows another two inches, might also be in the discussion.

Would the Tennessee Titans trade Vince Young for Bradford? Thanks, V.Y., but here’s a bus ticket and a peanut butter sandwich. Behind Young, the second best Big 12 quarterback currently playing in the NFL right now is, uhhhh, ummmm, Sage Rosenfels? Seneca Wallace? None of the topI din't know there were any NFL qbs behind(or more accurately )below VY.

Also whrn it comes to oSu are we to believe thst the Pukes are not facing a loss or possible loss vs. OU?