PDA

View Full Version : McCain/Palin Supporters get pwn3d...

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2008, 06:35 PM
by other McCain/Palin supporters!!!!!:P

I just found this and thought I would post it for you guys, aren't I so nice?:D

Gl2EndLZv7w

After all the racist and hateful things I have seen spewed forth at McCain/Palin rallies, I would like to commend these people for doing the right thing and standing up to the very small, but very vocal hate mongers. Hopefully the campaign will learn a few things from these McCain/Palin supporters.

Makes me really rethink my views on Virginia and Ohio, I'll tell you that! :eek:

My Opinion Matters
10/20/2008, 06:43 PM
Awesome.

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2008, 06:45 PM
Awesome.

About damn time too

Jerk
10/20/2008, 06:49 PM
It'd be nice if the Obamalamadingdong people would stand up against Rev. Wright's racism and hate mongering.

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2008, 06:55 PM
It'd be nice if the Obamalamadingdong people would stand up against Rev. Wright's racism and hate mongering.

Not in the spirit of why I posted this, but welcome to the conversation.

Fraggle145
10/20/2008, 07:04 PM
Anyone out there killing ignorance makes me happy.

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone out there killing ignorance makes me happy.

agreed

OklahomaTuba
10/20/2008, 09:18 PM
Good for them.

Soonerus
10/20/2008, 09:21 PM
Oh, duh, I ate shredded wheat this morning...

LosAngelesSooner
10/20/2008, 09:44 PM
ABOUT

DAMN

TIME.

BigRedJed
10/20/2008, 09:57 PM
Whatever. I'm voting McCain and I've spent the better part of the last year, including on this board, dogging people for calling Obama a Muslim, or using his middle name when they wouldn't use another candidate's, or the like. I've done so on this board in fact.

There are PLENTY of McCain supporters who have done the same. Acting like no McCain supporters ever stand up for civil discourse only leads to more polarization. There are people who fight fair and people who fight unfair on BOTH sides of the aisle.

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2008, 10:02 PM
Whatever. I'm voting McCain and I've spent the better part of the last year, including on this board, dogging people for calling Obama a Muslim, or using his middle name when they wouldn't use another candidate's, or the like. I've done so on this board in fact.

There are PLENTY of McCain supporters who do the same. Acting like no McCain supporters ever stand up for civil discourse only leads to more polarization. There are people who fight fair and people who fight unfair on BOTH sides of the aisle.

Just so you know, I posted this to show that there are some McCain folks that don't want any part of the bull**** that is going on. I think we all knew that the people at the rallies shouting certain things were in the minority, and I think this video proves it. What we had been seeing was just a loud minority of people.

You don't have to be of a particular religion to have certain political views, and you don't have to be of one political persuasion to be a good person.

BigRedJed
10/20/2008, 10:05 PM
Plus, if you pay attention, one of the people who comes after the guy is actually a McCain campaign official. A MUSLIM campaign official, no less. Democrats indignantly acting like this demagogary is officially sanctioned by the McCain campaign, WHEN IT ISN'T, are not much better than the Republicans who engage in said demagogary.

BigRedJed
10/20/2008, 10:10 PM
Just so you know, I posted this to show that there are some McCain folks that don't want any part of the bull**** that is going on. I think we all knew that the people at the rallies shouting certain things were in the minority, and I think this video proves it. What we had been seeing was just a loud minority of people.

You don't have to be of a particular religion to have certain political views, and you don't have to be of one political persuasion to be a good person.
I was responding more to LAS. There are plenty of people out there on both sides that are as distressed by the level of political discourse that is now standard in society.

Personally, I'd like to see some "It's Morning in America" type ads on the tube. I think one of the reasons Obama has gained as much traction as he has, even with people who don't care for his political values, is that he gives the outward impression of trying to take the high road.

I blame a lot of the current climate on James Carville, the guy who won a presidential election with "it's the economy, stupid."

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2008, 10:22 PM
I was responding more to LAS. There are plenty of people out there on both sides that are as distressed by the level of political discourse that is now standard in society.

Personally, I'd like to see some "It's Morning in America" type ads on the tube. I think one of the reasons Obama has gained as much traction as he has, even with people who don't care for his political values, is that he gives the outward impression of trying to take the high road.

I blame a lot of the current climate on James Carville, the guy who won a presidential election with "it's the economy, stupid."

I think LAS is just happy that the people refuting the ignorant statements made by the vocal minority finally got caught on camera instead of just the ones making the stupid remarks.

I have no doubt that McCain is LAS's pony in this race, and if I had to guess I'd say he is just happy that finally people can see not all McCain supporters are the racist you see at the rallies on youtube.

LosAngelesSooner
10/20/2008, 10:30 PM

There are PLENTY of McCain supporters who have done the same. Acting like no McCain supporters ever stand up for civil discourse only leads to more polarization. There are people who fight fair and people who fight unfair on BOTH sides of the aisle.Dude, I'm with you on that. I've been doing the same damn thing, but there IS an element of neo-cons who run US into the ground as being somehow PRO-Obama based simply on the fact that we don't want to use the DIRT approach to win a campaign. We want it to be about the issues, not the rumor, innuendo and mud slinging.

And because of this they somehow think we're less authentic or devoted in our support of McCain as a candidate.

They ALSO tend to be the ones who are really, really excited about Palin, if you'll notice. AND, quite frankly, many of them tend to be racists, though they can't admit it and will deny it until the cows come home even to the point of crying "reverse racism" when someone calls them out on it.

There is NO PLACE FOR THIS in a McCain campaign. He's a man of honor and dignity above all else. He's better than that and he's better than those people. PERIOD.

I just said "about damn time" because we need more video out there of McCain supporters REPUDIATING remarks and attacks of such a moronic and baseless nature.

LosAngelesSooner
10/20/2008, 10:42 PM
I think LAS is just happy that the people refuting the ignorant statements made by the vocal minority finally got caught on camera instead of just the ones making the stupid remarks.

I have no doubt that McCain is LAS's pony in this race, and if I had to guess I'd say he is just happy that finally people can see not all McCain supporters are the racist you see at the rallies on youtube.Exactly.

PDXsooner
10/20/2008, 11:44 PM

i think most obama supporters think wright is a complete idiot.

StoopTroup
10/21/2008, 01:27 AM
i think most people think wright is a complete idiot.

Fixed

TheHumanAlphabet
10/21/2008, 08:37 AM
Since this is a political conversation...

For the first time in my life - I will vote straight ticket - for the repubs. I want to do everything to stop Pelosi and her ilk to prevent a super majority and hopefully bring McCain over the top and stun the pundits...

I will vote against Nick Lampson, even though I think he is doing a good job and will vote straight ticket for a carpet bagger in-bed senate staffer just to stop Pelosi.

Drudge reports that Cindy Sheehan says that Pelosi is sabotaging her campaign. heh, I wonder, an almond could probably sabotage her campaign.

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 11:08 AM
Dude.

Pundits be damned. That's a crappy reason to factor into your voting choices. Vote for McCain because you feel that he's the best man for the job.

Vote for the best person for the job. Don't vote straight ticket. Vote for the best person. Period. Don't be silly.

NormanPride
10/21/2008, 11:41 AM
LAS, I don't think it's as silly as just saying "DEMS BAD, HULK SMASH". If you don't want there to be a supermajority because the Democrats are taking over, that IS what you feel is best for the country. I'm thinking of doing it myself mainly because I believe that no matter how good I think a Democrat may be, they will be drowned out be the sheer majority of other Democrats doing whatever the hell they want. Therefore, voting for someone I like slightly less is more appealing to me since they won't be able to get anything done anyway. :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 12:40 PM
Nah. I vote for the person and for their stances on issues. It's like choosing the Dream Team or the Pro Bowl. Maybe, eventually, if we keep voting for the best man/woman for the job, we'll GET the best people in there.

If you keep electing craptards because you're trying to somehow swing the balance of power to "the other side" you're not only doomed to failure, but you're also putting craptards into power who will stay there for years. Then, when their party DOES get a majority, it'll be a majority of CRAPTARDS.

Like Inhoffe. Crap...Tard.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/21/2008, 09:35 PM
Dude.

Pundits be damned. That's a crappy reason to factor into your voting choices. Vote for McCain because you feel that he's the best man for the job.

Vote for the best person for the job. Don't vote straight ticket. Vote for the best person. Period. Don't be silly.

I am voting for McCain because given the options we have, I do think he is the best person for the job. Just some of the down ticket races do I think differently, but I am so upset at Pelosi and her ilk, I am not going to give her anything.

A close second would be Barr in my book.

yermom
10/22/2008, 02:15 AM
Exactly.

i thought you were saying Rus was due for some fiber

LosAngelesSooner
10/22/2008, 04:38 AM
i thought you were saying Rus was due for some fiberExactly.