PDA

View Full Version : Sportsline Top 25

StormySooner-IN
10/20/2008, 03:50 PM
Sportsline's Parrish posts his preseason Top 26....
Oct 20, 2008

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/11049566

Whenever Tom Crean is feeling down, he can look to Jeff Capel and realize it's possible to clean up a mess and make a program relevant again.

1. North Carolina
2. Louisville
3. Connecticut
4. Duke
5. Notre Dame
6. Purdue
7. UCLA
8. Gonzaga
9. Michigan State
10. Pittsburgh
11. Tennessee
12. Texas
13. Memphis
14. Marquette
15. Georgetown
16. Villanova
17. Miami (Fla.)
18. Arizona State:
19. Ohio State:
20. Oklahoma:
21. Southern California:
22. Wisconsin:
23. UNLV:
24. Florida:
25. Davidson:
26. Baylor:

Ten teams that could make me pay for not ranking them (in alphabetical order):
Arizona; Kansas; Kentucky; LSU; Saint Mary's; Syracuse; Virginia Tech; Wake; Forest; West Virginia; Xavier.

SleestakSooner
10/20/2008, 03:54 PM
20th? Lame... this *** hat really thinks Texas should be ranked 12th and OU 20th? Someone needs to pull their head out.

crawfish
10/20/2008, 04:50 PM
I like that ranking. Better to be underrated than overrated.

IronHorseSooner
10/20/2008, 07:13 PM
I guess losing a top-notch PG and replacing him with a Turkish PG who can't shoot makes you better:rolleyes: I would love to see how that team does when teams start using the Gottlieb/Jacques Vaughn defensive philosophy against them. Play off of him and play the passing lanes. OU's the best team in the conference, even the coaches and media in the conference know that.

Big Red Ron
10/20/2008, 08:07 PM
So, the Big XII coaches or was it the media thinks were the best team in the Big XII but Texass is 12th nationally and we're 20th? Am I missing something in this equation?

IronHorseSooner
10/22/2008, 07:58 AM
So, the Big XII coaches or was it the media thinks were the best team in the Big XII but Texass is 12th nationally and we're 20th? Am I missing something in this equation?

Remember, it's texa$$ (my new moniker for them)....For some reason, people around the country love texa$$ because they think Asstin is cool. Stupid reason, but I see that a good bit....Seriously, thinking about it, around the country, experts are taking a wait-and-see approach to OU, especially Warren. If they win the preseason NIT, which I believe they have a great shot at doing, this team will leapfrog texa$$. I also believe that they see a texa$$ team that went to the Elite Eight and returns 4 starters. Once again, my fault with that is that the one starter they lost was their All American PG, maybe the best one they've had. I am not sold on Balbay or Abrams trying to play PG. Abrams playing PG would be like when OSU tried putting Rutherford at PG, it usually didn't go well, and they move him back to SG.

stoopified
10/23/2008, 06:55 PM
I don't careif people think UT is better than us,they COULD be,they have talent and an excellent coach.The thing that jumps out at me isNO Kansas,I know they lost a lot BUT they are like OU in football in that they have HS A-A's coming in every year.I can see KU being down BUT not even TOP 25 worthy?I ain't buying it(even though I would LOVE KU to eat 3-4 years of middle-of the Big 12 pack humble pie).