PDA

View Full Version : Cowpukes vs. Vomit Orange Cows,who wins?

stoopified
10/20/2008, 11:25 AM
More impoertantly who do you want to win and why?

I am extremely ambivilent aqbout this game.If UT wins and especially if they CRUSH the Pukes,it will **** them up.Obviously a Puke win over the nutless wonders from A$$tin is beneficial to OU as it cracks the door to us having a shot at the Big 12 CCG.Ut has to lose twice and while I would prefer those losses to come from TTT and KU,I will take any two losses by Mac and crew.

Realistically I think UT wins and it may not be close.First of all the only decent team that oSu has played is Missou and the way UT dispatched them DOES call into question just how good the Tigers are.Secondly the efense in Stillwater still hasn't been really tested as they will by UT. Call me crazy but I think UT wins by 3TDs.

Widescreen
10/20/2008, 11:37 AM
I suspect UT will win handily although I thought MU would blow out OSU so I've already been wrong about them this season.

Ideally, UT would win and then drop their games to TTU and KU.

bstuff1979
10/20/2008, 11:43 AM
Who wins? Nobody wins (though, I guess I'm going to need to pull for the day-glow goobers).

BudSooner
10/20/2008, 11:47 AM
I don't see it but i've heard guys on espn(fwiw)say that okie lite beats tejas by 2.
The reason they say is that poke state is a "complete team on both sides of the ball, and that Colt hasn't faced a pass rush like this all season"
That, and Gundy is going to go balls out against ut.

A Horn
10/20/2008, 11:50 AM
Oklahoma State is as dangerous a game as we will play now. They always get up to play us, and can score quickly.

We could blow them out, or we could lose this game. The combination of the crowd, pass rush, and offense was too much for Mizzou and I would predict the same, but Oklahoma State is a very good team and is capable of anything. They have all the talent they would ever need to beat Texas.

StoopTroup
10/20/2008, 11:51 AM
I'ma Man I'm 40! vs Bob Stoops closest personal friend

I'd like Gundy to become a man this weekend. :D

A Horn
10/20/2008, 11:51 AM
As far as official predictions go;

Texas 45
OK St 28

BudSooner
10/20/2008, 11:53 AM
Heh, this would be a different story had gumby chosen to stick with the son...of a mother....of children. :D

TheUnnamedSooner
10/20/2008, 12:08 PM
aggie lite up big 1st half only to lose in the 2nd

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/20/2008, 12:14 PM
I can never root for OSUcks...never.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/20/2008, 12:47 PM
People don't understand that UT doesn't have to lose twice for OU to be in the ccg.

There are a couple possible scenarios, all of which include OU winning out.

1. Texas loses 2 games.

2. Texas loses to OSU. OSU WINS OUT (they HAVE to do this to make this work) except they drop Thanksgiving weekend loss to OU. All teams would be one loss. Three way tie= go to the highest ranked team. (I thought this was the highest ranked BCS team but someone said it was the AP?) OU would probably be the highest ranked team at this time, having the most forgotten loss, and the longest winning streak.

3. Same thing as #2 except exchange OSU with TTech. Either way, it has to be a THREE WAY TIE, meaning whoever beats Texas (OSU or Tech) is a one loss team (with the loss coming to OU only)

Otherwise, it's just a 2 way tie in which Texas wins by the head to head.

soonermix
10/20/2008, 12:50 PM
to me its more of a who do i want to lose more and why...

i'd say i want texass to lose more because i hate them that much more.

CK Sooner
10/20/2008, 12:51 PM
to me its more of a who do i want to lose more and why...

i'd say i want texass to lose more because i hate them that much more.

So you don't want us to have a chance to make the Big 12 Championship?

NYC Poke
10/20/2008, 12:54 PM
If Colt McCoy plays like he did against Missouri, nobody in the nation can beat them. I hope he has something really important to do that day, like a dentist appointment or a haircut, and has to skip the game.

oumartin
10/20/2008, 01:10 PM
The only way I see playing for the NC is to have texas win out and OU somehow gets to #2 in the BCS. Texas will not lose

meoveryouxinfinity
10/20/2008, 01:12 PM
The only way I see playing for the NC is to have texas win out and OU somehow gets to #2 in the BCS. Texas will not lose

Did you think Texas would lose to A&M last year?

Or the year before?

I think they will get ****ed by the refs in Lubbock this year.

froneal
10/20/2008, 01:13 PM
I would rather see OSU go undefeated than Texas win any game. :D

JLEW1818
10/20/2008, 01:21 PM
we want everybody to lose except us.

KRYPTON
10/20/2008, 01:26 PM
let's just have UT and OU win out and face each other in the BCS title game. That way we could congratulate UT on their 2008 conference championship.

MiccoMacey
10/20/2008, 01:35 PM
My heart says OSU.

But I doubt they win. Texas has the ability to take away one of their best weapons...the rush.

That's what Missouri couldn't do.

IF, and I admit it's a huge IF, OSU can run for over 120 yards they have a chance (and not 40 yards on 30 rushes plus 80 yards on one play...more like 30 rushes for 120 on consistently good rushing plays). That keeps Colt et al off the field.

But if you make me make a prediction:

Texas 56
OSU 24

Texas is just playing sick right now.

JLEW1818
10/20/2008, 01:37 PM
If they are good enough to win in Austin, why are we good enough to win in Stoolwater ?

salth2o
10/20/2008, 01:40 PM
I think Texas has a bit of a let down after two huge games, but prolly wins a close one.

Statalyzer
10/21/2008, 11:54 AM
If they are good enough to win in Austin, why are we good enough to win in Stoolwater ?

Because football doesn't work that way. There is no transitive property.

Look at 2003:

Texas 24, Kansas State 20
Oklahoma 65, Texas 13
Kansas State 35, Oklahoma 7

Stuff like this happens all the time.

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 12:00 PM
I understand that but If we play an undefeated Oklahoma State team, they are going to be freaking good.

And I agree football does not work that way.

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 12:01 PM
Because football doesn't work that way. There is no transitive property.

Look at 2003:

Texas 24, Kansas State 20
Oklahoma 65, Texas 13
Kansas State 35, Oklahoma 7

Stuff like this happens all the time.

2 of those games were I guess somewhat "neutral games"

85sooners
10/21/2008, 12:12 PM
pokes

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2008, 01:52 PM
Pokes need the run to work to win and UT stops the run very well. Pokes won't fold as easily as MU did, but they won't put a scare into the horns.

hink4769
10/21/2008, 01:58 PM
This game will go down like every other Texas-Okie Light game. The pukes will jump out to a big lead, maybe like 28-7 and the half, and then completley collapse and lose by > 2 touchdowns.

TexOkie
10/21/2008, 02:16 PM
End the trend. Texas comes out on methodical, long, clock eating drives and wears the pokes down early. This game will be over in the first quarter.

EnragedOUfan
10/21/2008, 03:03 PM
I hate to say it, but not only will Texas beat Oklahoma State, they will win the Big 12 championship game. I hate to admit it, but I don't see any other team in the Big 12 that could beat Texas this year. We were the only team that could beat Texas but we didn't capitalize on the opportunity. As to Oklahoma State, they will either play a mediocre game or they will play a lights out, we're not intimidated, we're here for blood type of game. And it wouldn't bother me one bit if Oklahoma State miraculously made it to and won the Big 12 championship game. But that won't happen. However, what will bother me is if Texas wins it. F!@# Texas!

BOOMER!

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 03:04 PM
People said I don't see West Virgina losing to Pittsburgh last year.

St. Louis Sooner
10/21/2008, 03:04 PM
osu doesn't stand a chance since UT's O is much better than osu's O given that the D's are about the same (slight edge to UT); i do have to give the pokes some credit though for being able (historically) to silence opposing crowds; UT's team chemistry is too good for a letdown, so OSU is going to have to play perfect ball to beat them;

UT - 45
OSU - 24

PalmBeachSooner1
10/21/2008, 03:24 PM
OSU keeps it close and loses late.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2008, 03:29 PM
People said I don't see West Virgina losing to Pittsburgh last year.

This is true and Pat White was injured during that game. My prediction is based on no major injuries - especially to Colt McCoy.

kangsta
10/21/2008, 03:39 PM
close first half, horns pull away in the second.

wishbonesooner
10/21/2008, 04:07 PM
No chance I ever pull for OSU. Never. They hold hands and dance around like pixies anytime we lose. They were so happy when we lost the 2 NC games they couldn't control themselves.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2008, 04:19 PM
I can't pull for OSU either; so I'll just watch the game as an interested CFB fan. Sure, I'd love to see events play out in OU's interest, but if UT runs the table they will have earned their rewards. We had our chance mano-vs-mano on a neutral field and we came up short to a very good team. I don't care what happens to OSU until we play them and tnen losing to them is just not acceptable:P

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2008, 04:23 PM
it all depends on who I predict to win...I ll let ya know after this commercial break

SoonerBacker
10/21/2008, 05:23 PM
I want the Whorns to destroy oSu! I am so sick of hearing them gloat over the fact that saxet beat us, I cannot even imagine what it would be like if they upset the Whorns.

That said, if the Whorn prevail, I intend to go back to work on Monday and not say a word about their loss.

yukonsooner
10/21/2008, 07:01 PM
I live in Okla and have to deal with a whole lot more aggies than horns. So go UT. Let UT play in the freezing Big XII Champ game and get beat up a little. Alabama and Penn lose, we win out and play in the MNC game. Like someone else said beat the horns in Miami and congratulate them on the Big XII Conf win.

SoonerKnight
10/21/2008, 07:16 PM
The Pokes have played saxet tough for several years.I can see them winning! Like K-State did last year!

Iam4OUru
10/21/2008, 07:35 PM
let's just have UT and OU win out and face each other in the BCS title game. That way we could congratulate UT on their 2008 conference championship.

That's great...what are we gonna do with Bammer, Penn St. and SUC? I don't think OU would get the nod over an unbeaten Bammer or Penn St. or the 1-loss Condoms but I do think OSU will beat Texas...33-30.

cvsooner
10/21/2008, 07:55 PM
I suppose oSu has a chance, but I think it's a slim one, especially in Austin. UT is playing at a really high level, and unless they falter somehow--turnovers, penalties, injuries--or oSu plays the game of their lives...I just can't see the Longhorns losing to the 'boys. oSu really hasn't played anyone, yet, though they like to think they have. Maybe I'm mistaken...I've watched 'em play a couple of times and Texas is clearly the more impressive team. oSu can be dangerous...maybe if this game were in Stillwater. Texas' biggest chance for a loss is in Lubbock, I think, or maybe in Lawrence. Other than that...it really doesn't matter, does it? Either way, we have to win out. Can't control what happens in other games...just our'n.

Dr. Jelly Finger
10/21/2008, 08:00 PM
That's great...what are we gonna do with Bammer, Penn St. and SUC? I don't think OU would get the nod over an unbeaten Bammer or Penn St. or the 1-loss Condoms but I do think OSU will beat Texas...33-30.

With our remaining schedule, we will remain ahead of SUC. They don't play a ranked team the rest of the year. We have 2 potential top 10 teams left with one on the road.

PSU has every opportunity to lose this weekend at the Shoe as the Buknuts have finally put an offense together.

Bammer can win out, but they have the propensity to let lesser teams hang around which I think bites them before the year is over. Plus they get Super-Tebow in the SEC Champ game which will be another challenge.

Don't know if all 3 will happen, but certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. The Fighting Paternos need to lose this weekend to get things started.

VA Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:21 PM
Texas will have a very tough time in Stillwater... for some reason they've let OSU get on top quickly in the first two quarters and have struggled but come from behind in the fourth quarter the last 3 times they've played together. Go figure.

This time, OSU has some very good talent and have played under the radar until the Mizzou upset. The teams are well-matched this year and Zac Robinson has a lot more experience under center this year. Pass rush will be the key on both sides as the secondaries and everyone else on D are fairly even.

Penn State will get their biggest challenge this weekend in the Horseshoe. Ohio State has a fully recovered Beanie Wells and Tyrelle is showing the country why he was the number 1 QB recruit last year. Rooting for Ohio State this weekend.

Alabama has been shaky in 3 games now against unranked teams. The shoe is about to fall and they still have two big games ahead of them that they will likely drop.

I say Florida climbs up the rankings and makes a run for top 5 by the end of the year. USC can't jump us... strength of schedule and that awful loss against the unranked (and hot/cold) Oregon State Beavers.

Either Texas loses 2 games for us to get to the Big 12 CCG, we get into a three-way tie and the higher ranked team goes to the NCG, or OU somehow slips into the number 2 position and plays the role of the underdog in the title game, something that I hope really happens since it stokes the kids/coaches better when you have something to prove (i.e. Big 12 Championship Game last year).

Lots of football to play. One game at a time.

OSUAggie
10/21/2008, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately, the game is in Austin. We don't usually **** our pants down there (although we have a time or two), but Texas seems to be hitting on all cylinders right now, so it likely doesn't matter. I'm not sure our A game can beat their's, but I hope we bring it. I just want to play well and see how we stack up against what looks to be the class of the conference.

Charla
10/21/2008, 08:42 PM
I wish OSUX would beat Tx. and win out until we meet them in the last game with us being the underdog at stoolwater. We come in and romp them, that would make us more than likely south champs and play whoever at conf. champ. game and pack our crap for a trip to Miami. But then again I wish we could play Defense.

Iam4OUru
10/21/2008, 09:45 PM
With our remaining schedule, we will remain ahead of SUC. They don't play a ranked team the rest of the year. We have 2 potential top 10 teams left with one on the road.

PSU has every opportunity to lose this weekend at the Shoe as the Buknuts have finally put an offense together.

It's highly likely that those "2 potential top 10 teams" will not be ranked in the Top 10 by the time OU gets to 'em. And, if tOSU does beat PSU, that will only strengthen SUC's bid. IMO, if there is only 1 unbeaten left and SUC takes care of biness....they're in.

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2008, 10:06 PM
I don't see the Pokes staying within 20 of the Horns, especially in Austin

JLEW1818
10/21/2008, 10:07 PM
It's not even the "Austin" part of it. Texas is really not that good at home if you think about it. Or I should say as good as others like us and Usc.

I just think Texas is good.

Boarder
10/21/2008, 10:16 PM
And it wouldn't bother me one bit if Oklahoma State miraculously made it to and won the Big 12 championship game.

There is no way you live in Oklahoma and make a statement like that. If that were to happen, I'd be an enragedOUfan.

The logic is simple in this case. You root for a texas rout.
1. If texas wins in a rout, they say nothing. ho hum, they beat osu. again. Whoopee.
2. If texas wins in a close game, osu claims moral victory and keeps going on about how they're tied for the lead in the Big 12 south
3. If osu wins, it'll be Katy-bar-the-door. I can't even conceive of how bad it would get. It makes me physically shudder to think about them actually winning the Big 12, much less get to a BCS bowl. It seriously makes me sick to my stomach to imagine the aggy horde that would absolutely not shut up for about 20 years.

sooneron
10/21/2008, 10:16 PM
UTerus - 42
aggy - 34

Iam4OUru
10/21/2008, 10:21 PM
And it wouldn't bother me one bit if Oklahoma State miraculously made it to and won the Big 12 championship game.

As a self-proclaimed Sooner fan, how can you make a statement like that......NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE?

sooneron
10/21/2008, 10:21 PM
It's highly likely that those "2 potential top 10 teams" will not be ranked in the Top 10 by the time OU gets to 'em. And, if tOSU does beat PSU, that will only strengthen SUC's bid. IMO, if there is only 1 unbeaten left and SUC takes care of biness....they're in.

Name ANY ranked team left on usc's schedule. We will have two.

Iam4OUru
10/21/2008, 10:29 PM
Name ANY ranked team left on usc's schedule. We will have two.

I agree....OU will have the SOS edge but SUC has something very few schools do. Call it whatever you want. If the door is left open they'll slip through just like they've made this miraculous recovery from the OSU loss. A win by tOSU Saturday won't do us any favors.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2008, 11:17 PM
Unfortunately, the game is in Austin. We don't usually **** our pants down there (although we have a time or two), but Texas seems to be hitting on all cylinders right now, so it likely doesn't matter. I'm not sure our A game can beat their's, but I hope we bring it. I just want to play well and see how we stack up against what looks to be the class of the conference.

I don't know about team strength, but you'll play the "class" of the conference at your place at the end of the season. :cool:

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2008, 11:25 PM
I agree....OU will have the SOS edge but SUC has something very few schools do. Call it whatever you want. If the door is left open they'll slip through just like they've made this miraculous recovery from the OSU loss. A win by tOSU Saturday won't do us any favors.

I agree. If SUC wins out and at worst, ties for the PAC10, they would jump us due to human polls. We'll have our hands full winning the next 5, but if we do, we'll get a BCS bowl. If somehow we get in the title game great, but I rather see about any other teams in there other than SUC. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing PSU get there because how many more chances does JoePa have in him? It would be kinda cool.

lloyd45
10/21/2008, 11:55 PM
texas fight

EnragedOUfan
10/22/2008, 02:00 AM
There is no way you live in Oklahoma and make a statement like that. If that were to happen, I'd be an enragedOUfan.

The logic is simple in this case. You root for a texas rout.
1. If texas wins in a rout, they say nothing. ho hum, they beat osu. again. Whoopee.
2. If texas wins in a close game, osu claims moral victory and keeps going on about how they're tied for the lead in the Big 12 south
3. If osu wins, it'll be Katy-bar-the-door. I can't even conceive of how bad it would get. It makes me physically shudder to think about them actually winning the Big 12, much less get to a BCS bowl. It seriously makes me sick to my stomach to imagine the aggy horde that would absolutely not shut up for about 20 years.

So you'd rather see Texas win the Big 12 championship, probably the Heisman trophy as well,and then on to the national championship game to play a Penn State or Alabama team that they would probably beat as well. You would want that to happen????.......Sorry, but not me. And I'm from Oklahoma, Midwest City to be exact, but I am currently stationed in Hohenfels, Germany. That would be the worst thing that could ever happen in my opinion. Yeah, I can't stand Oklahoma State just as much as you can't. And I am aware that they are always rooting for us to lose when we have the spotlight, whether it be in a bowl game or the BCS title game, but this is Texas for crying out loud. There is no way I would root for them. Ever. Besides, those guys hate the very ground that Okies walk on, so why root for them?? To be realistic here, if OU wins out which they should, unless Texas loses we WILL not get a chance to play in the BCS title game. It won't happen. Every coach in the SEC, the SEC Commissioner, the Big 10 Commissioner, and the Pac-10 Commissioner would cry and whine to the BCS arguing that its not fair that 2 teams from the same conference are playing for the all the marbles. Plus, the SEC would give their spill on how strong their conference is and that OU didn't win their conference, where as Bama/Florida did. If anything, OU will end up being the Georgia of last season. But the main reason I want to see a Texas loss is because it would increase Sam's chances of winning the Heisman.

BOOMER!

EnragedOUfan
10/22/2008, 02:16 AM
As a self-proclaimed Sooner fan, how can you make a statement like that......NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE?

I responded to Boarder stating the reason as to what I said why I said it. Hopefully, you'll understand where I'm coming from.

BOOMER!

hink4769
10/22/2008, 02:18 AM
I live in Okla and have to deal with a whole lot more aggies than horns. So go UT. Let UT play in the freezing Big XII Champ game and get beat up a little. Alabama and Penn lose, we win out and play in the MNC game. Like someone else said beat the horns in Miami and congratulate them on the Big XII Conf win.

To be honest, I think this sort of thinking is lame, bordering on aggie. We're O fricking U, we try to win as many championships as we possibly can (Big 12 or NC). We don't avoid CCG games because we might "get beat up a little" or lose. I hope to god the pukes win, but I'll probably be laughing too when they're down 3+ TDs in the 4th quarter.

Okie35
10/22/2008, 02:37 AM
i would hate to love to say ok state... but they will end up blowing a lead as always against texas... well actually this has been their best team in a while so i dont know they could end up maintaining a lead if they get one...

Okie35
10/22/2008, 02:39 AM
To be honest, I think this sort of thinking is lame, bordering on aggie. We're O fricking U, we try to win as many championships as we possibly can (Big 12 or NC). We don't avoid CCG games because we might "get beat up a little" or lose. I hope to god the pukes win, but I'll probably be laughing too when they're down 3+ TDs in the 4th quarter.

i really doubt they will be down that much unlike mizzou they run the ball... texas didnt have to defend the run that game because mizzou forgot they had washington and when they remembered they scored in the beginning of the 3rd quarter... this game will be close trust me on that one... texas will have to play run first...

Okie35
10/22/2008, 02:44 AM
If Colt McCoy plays like he did against Missouri, nobody in the nation can beat them. I hope he has something really important to do that day, like a dentist appointment or a haircut, and has to skip the game.

colt throws the easiest passes in the world thats why hes not on any draft boards granted hes a good qb just college though... he impressed me w/ thats 32 yard strike against mizzou but that really shouldve been intercepted... every team or qb has at least 1 or 2 bad games whether they win or lose... and im thinking this could be the game... colt isnt invincible...

Sooner1979
10/22/2008, 06:49 AM
Northern Mexico - 2
GundyU - 0

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2008, 07:35 AM
OSU 41
Texas 38

OSU has the rushing attack to control this game. And it is a rushing attack Texas has not witnessed all season. It is what OSU does best.

OSU will be able to get to Colt. If they can disrupt him, something no one, including OU has been able to do, he will make his mistakes. And who knows...How fragile the kid is, if OSU gets to him, he may get a concussion.

I also think Texas has been overachieving this year. The high they got against OU followed up against Missouri. I highly doubt they will be able to continue the level of play they have had so far this year.

I am pulling for my cousin (Brady Bond - starting OT for OSU) and his team!

mojohornfan
10/22/2008, 07:40 AM
Let's just hope that Mikey can find a way to beat the condoms this week.

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2008, 07:42 AM
Let's just hope that Mikey can find a way to beat the condoms this week.

Why? USC does not have the schedule to catch us! As long as we win out...we should be ranked ahead of USC!

Of course, do not discount the human voters to adjust the polls accordingly though.

Even if they did, they would have to justify dropping OU 3-4 spots after winning.

mojohornfan
10/22/2008, 07:56 AM
Why? USC does not have the schedule to catch us! As long as we win out...we should be ranked ahead of USC!

Of course, do not discount the human voters to adjust the polls accordingly though.

Even if they did, they would have to justify dropping OU 3-4 spots after winning.

I wouldn't put your faith into this system for keeping you guys ranked ahead of them.

sendbaht
10/22/2008, 08:48 AM
"I would rather see OSU go undefeated than Texas win any game."

Same here!!!!

BoulderSooner79
10/22/2008, 10:38 AM

I want to live on your planet. I'll bet the air and water are clean, the economy strong w/o taxes and OJ got convicted the first time around. ;)

OUmillenium
10/22/2008, 10:50 AM
I suspect UT will win handily although I thought MU would blow out OSU so I've already been wrong about them this season.

Ideally, UT would win and then drop their games to TTU and KU.

That is what I am hoping for, or just 1 UT loss to a south and us being ranked higher in BCS could still get us to the Big 12 Champ game.

OSUx needs to start losing and never stop. They can't lose enough IMO.

:texan: sux but at least that have some football success and tradition to back up their weak smack.

Sooner_09
10/22/2008, 11:01 AM
Is anyone else banking on another oSuX 2nd half letdown???

IronHorseSooner
10/22/2008, 02:36 PM
OSU 41
Texas 38

OSU has the rushing attack to control this game. And it is a rushing attack Texas has not witnessed all season. It is what OSU does best.

OSU will be able to get to Colt. If they can disrupt him, something no one, including OU has been able to do, he will make his mistakes. And who knows...How fragile the kid is, if OSU gets to him, he may get a concussion.

I also think Texas has been overachieving this year. The high they got against OU followed up against Missouri. I highly doubt they will be able to continue the level of play they have had so far this year.

I am pulling for my cousin (Brady Bond - starting OT for OSU) and his team!

I have been telling people this. texa$$ lives on the outside rush. I know a lot of us here hate Hairgel, but he can figure this out. If they get a lead, even by a point, he will do what he did against Mizzou, sequester himself on the sideline and draw up a counterstrike. He did that twice to Mizzou, and he'll do it again against texa$$ (and TECH, and us). He wants Muschamp to crash his rushers, because he will hit you with Hunter and Robinson on draws. If Muschamp sets back, he exposes his greenhorns in the secondary to Dez Bryant, Pettigrew, and his other 6'5" receiver (BTW, OSU did not have Pettigrew against Mizzou). Mizzou got aggressive, and that's when Robinson burned their secondary on play-action. OSU has a better shot in this than people think. Remember, teams in the Big XII South are not as in awe about texa$$ (or us for that matter) as teams in the North are. Mizzou looked in awe when they showed up Saturday and pressed. I doubt OSU will be, and Gundy (as well as Leach and Mangino) will throw the kitchen sink at texa$$. On D, you have to be smart when you rush McCoy. He lives on hot reads to Shipley and Cosby. When they go 5-wide, it's a QB draw, every time. OSU beat Booger by playing an umbrella defense and forcing him into mistakes (3 picks). They will do that to McCoy, and they will do that to Sam and Harrell. I thought that I would never say this, but this year, right now, they are better equipped to beat texa$$ than we are. I work with a Whorn, and he is very scared of this game.

UTgolfer
10/22/2008, 07:35 PM
It's not even the "Austin" part of it. Texas is really not that good at home if you think about it. Or I should say as good as others like us and Usc.

I just think Texas is good.

So Texas is really not that good at home if you think about it, huh?

Since the 2000 season Texas has lost 4 games at home. That's not good in your opinion? Granted, OU has lost 2 at home so you have scoreboard there, but losing 4 games this decade is much better than "good".

SoonerKnight
10/22/2008, 08:04 PM
So Texas is really not that good at home if you think about it, huh?

Since the 2000 season Texas has lost 4 games at home. That's not good in your opinion? Granted, OU has lost 2 at home so you have scoreboard there, but losing 4 games this decade is much better than "good".

meh! :D

Iam4OUru
10/22/2008, 08:14 PM
I have been telling people this. texa$$ lives on the outside rush. I know a lot of us here hate Hairgel, but he can figure this out. If they get a lead, even by a point, he will do what he did against Mizzou, sequester himself on the sideline and draw up a counterstrike. He did that twice to Mizzou, and he'll do it again against texa$$ (and TECH, and us). He wants Muschamp to crash his rushers, because he will hit you with Hunter and Robinson on draws. If Muschamp sets back, he exposes his greenhorns in the secondary to Dez Bryant, Pettigrew, and his other 6'5" receiver (BTW, OSU did not have Pettigrew against Mizzou). Mizzou got aggressive, and that's when Robinson burned their secondary on play-action. OSU has a better shot in this than people think. Remember, teams in the Big XII South are not as in awe about texa$$ (or us for that matter) as teams in the North are. Mizzou looked in awe when they showed up Saturday and pressed. I doubt OSU will be, and Gundy (as well as Leach and Mangino) will throw the kitchen sink at texa$$. On D, you have to be smart when you rush McCoy. He lives on hot reads to Shipley and Cosby. When they go 5-wide, it's a QB draw, every time. OSU beat Booger by playing an umbrella defense and forcing him into mistakes (3 picks). They will do that to McCoy, and they will do that to Sam and Harrell. I thought that I would never say this, but this year, right now, they are better equipped to beat texa$$ than we are. I work with a Whorn, and he is very scared of this game.

Yeah, what he said......

Curly Bill
10/22/2008, 08:16 PM
I'm not an OSU fan...

...but anyone that's rooting for Saxet to win: a pox upon your house!

Leroy Lizard
10/22/2008, 10:48 PM
Agreed. Sure, some OSU fans can be obnoxious, but UT fans don't always have nice things to say about Oklahomans either. Losing another conference title to a bunch of Okies (even if they are aggies) would be a slap in their face.
I'm all for OSU winning the conference if OU can't.

BoulderSooner79
10/22/2008, 11:36 PM
I'm all for OSU winning the conference too - if they can manage to do it with that loss we're going to give them.:P

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2008, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't put your faith into this system for keeping you guys ranked ahead of them.

I am not putting my faith into it...however, the Harris and Coaches polls would have to justify dropping OU 3-4 spots even if they continue to win.

OU has 2 more opponents on their schedule that are currently in the top 10. USC has ZERO that is even ranked in the top 25.

Hard to justify dropping OU 3-4 spots in the human polls to get USC in the MNC game over OU!

The computers will continue to bump up OU as long as they win each week. The human polls would have to drop OU a considerable amount for USC to even stand a chance to pass OU from here on out!

And if they do that, there will be a well documented fallacy on the BCS' part!

OU controls their destiny to a point. They need Alabama, Penn State and Texas to all lose. In order for OU to win the Big 12 title, Texas has to lose 2 times. Bama and PSU only has to lose once to drop below OU.

Iam4OUru
10/23/2008, 08:55 AM
OU controls their destiny to a point. They need Alabama, Penn State and Texas to all lose. In order for OU to win the Big 12 title, Texas has to lose 2 times.

Quite a tall order......let's get started.

MiccoMacey
10/23/2008, 09:13 AM

Funny how you use the whole decade, and not the closer-to-present past. You guys have lost two games in two years at home. And both were to underdogs (KSU and A&M) that weren't nearly as good as this OSU team.

Of course, this Texas team is better than those other Texas teams as well, but my point's the same. Texas at Austin hasn't been unbeatable the last two years.

Boarder
10/23/2008, 02:21 PM
So you'd rather see Texas win the Big 12 championship, probably the Heisman trophy as well,and then on to the national championship game to play a Penn State or Alabama team that they would probably beat as well. You would want that to happen????

Well, if I bought into your fallacy there, I suppose I'd be really worried. But in reality, how does texas beating osu equate to them following that slippery slope through the Big 12 Championship, National Championship, and Heisman celebration in New York? This is not the National Championship game this weekend, it's osu at texas.

Sorry, but not me. And I'm from Oklahoma, Midwest City to be exact, but I am currently stationed in Hohenfels, Germany.
Exactly. you don't deal with the aggy horde on a daily basis. Thanks for proving my point.

That would be the worst thing that could ever happen in my opinion. Yeah, I can't stand Oklahoma State just as much as you can't. And I am aware that they are always rooting for us to lose when we have the spotlight, whether it be in a bowl game or the BCS title game, but this is Texas for crying out loud. There is no way I would root for them. Ever. Besides, those guys hate the very ground that Okies walk on, so why root for them??

Why root for texas? I already spelled it out for you. If osu wins it will be unbearable to be around any of them for about 20 years. You think texas hates the ground Okies walk on? osu loathes the ground OU walks on. I would argue that their hate for OU is more than texas' hate for Oklahoma.

To be realistic here, if OU wins out which they should, unless Texas loses we WILL not get a chance to play in the BCS title game. It won't happen. Every coach in the SEC, the SEC Commissioner, the Big 10 Commissioner, and the Pac-10 Commissioner would cry and whine to the BCS arguing that its not fair that 2 teams from the same conference are playing for the all the marbles. Plus, the SEC would give their spill on how strong their conference is and that OU didn't win their conference, where as Bama/Florida did. If anything, OU will end up being the Georgia of last season.

Yeah. How exactly does that pertain to osu beating them? Is this their last game of the year? Do they have any other possibilities of losing that you may want to latch onto? Ever consider that one? A win by aggy does nothing but strengthen aggy's claim to be in a BCS bowl.

But the main reason I want to see a Texas loss is because it would increase Sam's chances of winning the Heisman.

BOOMER!

Well, that's a nice sentiment and I'd love Sam to win it too. However, your argument is completely incoherent and to top it off, you proved my point by admitting that you live halfway across the globe and do not interact with aggy on a daily basis.

Boarder
10/23/2008, 02:23 PM
"I would rather see OSU go undefeated than Texas win any game."

Same here!!!!

Exactly

Boarder
10/23/2008, 02:29 PM
And it wouldn't bother me one bit if Oklahoma State miraculously made it to and won the Big 12 championship game

I responded to Boarder stating the reason as to what I said why I said it. Hopefully, you'll understand where I'm coming from.

You might have some sort of argument if the only options were A: texas winning the Big 12 or B: osu winning the Big 12. But, there is another option C: None of the above. Admit it, you're a closeted aggy fan. Right? Come on, just say it. Buy some orange stuff. It'll feel good.

MojoRisen
10/23/2008, 03:11 PM
We still have a shot at the Pukes- I will be pulling for them to go ahead and beat Texas... If we win out and Penn St and Bama loose. I would be watching more closely this weekend the Georgia LSU game... Hoping Georgia gets beat and can pull it off against Florida - then knocking off a one loss or undefeated Alabama team in the SEC. If we won out and any of that happened we would get another shot at SAXET...

Pulling for LSU, Ohio St, OSU and Tennesee this weekend... Really we just need Penn St- to for sure loose to Ohio St. and that still would not do enough for USC to think about passing us in the polls. It is numerically impossible if we both won out...

Boarder
10/23/2008, 03:14 PM
We still have a shot at the Pukes- I will be pulling for them to go ahead and beat Texas... If we win out and Penn St and Bama loose. I would be watching more closely this weekend the Georgia LSU game... Hoping Georgia gets beat and can pull it off against Florida - then knocking off a one loss or undefeated Alabama team in the SEC. If we won out and any of that happened we would get another shot at SAXET...

Pulling for LSU, Ohio St, OSU and Tennesee this weekend... Really we just need Penn St- to for sure loose to Ohio St. and that still would not do enough for USC to think about passing us in the polls. It is numerically impossible if we both won out...

If I didn't live in Oklahoma and had to interact with aggy often I might have a different stance than I do. It's aggy who made me feel this way.

MojoRisen
10/23/2008, 03:22 PM
No, I know an aggy my sister regretfully married the homo... I think they are the gayest fans on the planet. He plans to have thanksgiving dinner at Eskimo Joes. If I were around him everyday listning to his shiate I would have to likely go ahead and kick his ***..

I just assume Texas not loose and have an 2 loss SEC team when there CCG..

The thought of a rematch against Texas in miami would be a dream game...

MiccoMacey
10/23/2008, 03:24 PM
I'd rather OSU win than Texas.

Of course, I also graduated from OSU...so take it with a grain of salt. ;)

Boarder
10/23/2008, 03:25 PM
I'd rather OSU win than Texas.

Of course, I also graduated from OSU...so take it with a grain of salt. ;)
Well yeah, you're one of them. hehe

Iam4OUru
10/23/2008, 03:32 PM
I would be watching more closely this weekend the Georgia LSU game... Hoping Georgia gets beat...

Yeah, right....then I have to hear their sh!t down here. You think Aggie is bad....?

GEAUX 'DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2008, 03:32 PM
I remember the '78 re-match with NU in the Orange bowl felt like a big letdown. It was exciting for a brief moment when it was announced because I knew OU was the better team and it was the opportunity to prove the first loss was a fluke. But once that feeling subsided, it was disappointing to not get to play someone else. Playing UT again for the MNC would be different because, well, it would be for the MNC. But I don't think voters who are not OU fans would want it unless there was no viable alternative. There was a lot of noise for an tOSU/Mich re-match a couple of years ago, and the voter went with Florida instead of MIch. Then both tOSU and Mich got blown out making voters really happy they didn't go that way. That situation is to recent to ignore if it came up again.

NYC Poke
10/23/2008, 03:42 PM
If OSU beats UT and then wins out prior to B-word, we'll be a top 3 team, at least. If OU wins out and beats us, you will go to the CCG based on Big XII tie-breaking rules. If you win the CCG, you will likely play for a MNC, because a late season win over a highly ranked team would greatly aid your SOS. An OSU win puts your fate back in your hands.

MojoRisen
10/23/2008, 03:42 PM
Except the Michigan loss was the last game of the season... If a 2 loss SEC team wins their conference... I don't see SUC jumping OU mathematically if we both win out.

Assuming tOSU beats Paterno this weekend. We would need Bama or LSU to loose to a 2 loss Florida or Georgia.. and we would be in.

Computers would have us a lot higher than USC and the humans would have to drop us after beating a top 20 team the week before several spots..

If that were to happen - there would be no more BCS- that would be highway robbery and would basically say- screw the computers completely we don't need em... just vote..

MiccoMacey
10/23/2008, 04:01 PM
Well yeah, you're one of them. hehe

'Tis true...I have dual membership.

But OU is and always will be my favorite school.

So boarder, would you rather:

A) lose to OSU but OU goes on and wins a NC

OR

B) beat OSU but not go to a BCS bowl (say...10-2 on the season)?

I know this weekend doesn't have all that happening, but my point is: what level of taunting are you ok with? How much success are you willing to forego so they can't taunt you?

MiccoMacey
10/23/2008, 04:03 PM
If you win the CCG, you will likely play for a MNC, because a late season win over a highly ranked team would greatly aid your SOS. An OSU win puts your fate back in your hands.

We'd be playing a two-loss KU, whom we've already beaten, or a two-loss Missouri, which got exposed two weeks in a row.

Not sure that's going to vault us anywhere (although if we do win out and beat a previously undefeated OSU, we should be #1 anyway).

Boarder
10/23/2008, 04:42 PM
'Tis true...I have dual membership.

But OU is and always will be my favorite school.

So boarder, would you rather:

A) lose to OSU but OU goes on and wins a NC

OR

B) beat OSU but not go to a BCS bowl (say...10-2 on the season)?

I know this weekend doesn't have all that happening, but my point is: what level of taunting are you ok with? How much success are you willing to forego so they can't taunt you?
The problem is, most aggy doesn't listen to logic.

So, if I choose A, I still get the insane taunting because aggy won, even though I try to explain the nice crystal trophy sitting in the Switzer Center. That's even a badge of honor, beating the NC

If I choose B, aggy shuts up a bit but not that much since they don't really shut up any time OU beats them (which is most of the time as you know). And, in that scenario OU doesn't go to a BCS bowl.

That now makes the result of the choices:
A. Listen to insaneness of aggy, enjoying the NC and bowl win.
B. Listen to insaneness of aggy, beating aggy (which I contend is not a big deal, only losing to them is a big deal), not going to a BCS bowl

In this case, the clear choice would be A.

NormanPride
10/23/2008, 05:01 PM
So if we're going to hear aggy bleat about their team no matter what, why not hope they win against texas? At least then we control our fate again.

Boarder
10/23/2008, 05:31 PM
They won't bleat if they get beat by texas. It would not be the same situation as if they beat OU and then OU went on to win the NC.

See my first post on the other page for the breakdown. If texas stomps them, they shut up for a few weeks and we all get a much needed rest.

picasso
10/23/2008, 05:35 PM
in all honesty screw the national title game. I just want to return to KC and get another conference title. let the chips fall after that.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2008, 10:54 PM
I don't worry about the title game or the CCG. I'll just pull for OU to win out and not waste any emotional energy on other games. Sam and the offense are something special we are seeing and I'm enjoying it to the fullest. If we win out, we'll get a BCS bowl bid no matter what happens to other teams and that's still a great accomplishment.

saladobravado
10/24/2008, 12:54 AM

The flaw here is that the DT 99 has been arguably more important to the Texas D-Line than Orakapo. Be interesting to see his effectiveness this week.

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2008, 01:35 AM
Man...this sucks, but I have to go for the faggies/cowgirls.

I KNOW the dumbass whorns will win, but still...

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2008, 03:04 AM
Imagine this....
Tejas losing to OkSU this weekend. Then winning out and winning the CCG.
OkSU is undefeated when entering the OU/OSU game.
OU win out and beats OkSU.
Florida, Georgia, LSU, and USC all lose 1 more game. tOSU beats Penn State then wins out. Alabama loses to LSU. Then they lose to Georgia in the SEC CCG.

That leaves us with Texas, 1 loss big 12 champ. tOSU 1 loss Big 11 champ. OU 1 loss team.

Who would the media put in the NCG?

The media has a dillema(sp?). You have tOSU that is a conference champ, but has failed the last 2 years in the NCG. You have OU that lost to Texas. OU has not lost since that 6th week of the season. OSU hasn't lost since losing to USC in week 2.

Who Plays in the NCG?

The likely answer...OU vs. Texas!

I love playing the "If" game!

MiccoMacey
10/24/2008, 11:40 AM
Imagine this....
Florida, Georgia, LSU, and USC all lose 1 more game. tOSU beats Penn State then wins out. Alabama loses to LSU. Then they lose to Georgia in the SEC CCG.

That leaves us with Texas, 1 loss big 12 champ. tOSU 1 loss Big 11 champ. OU 1 loss team.

The media has a dillema(sp?). You have tOSU that is a conference champ, but has failed the last 2 years in the NCG. You have OU that lost to Texas. OU has not lost since that 6th week of the season. OSU hasn't lost since losing to USC in week 2.

Who Plays in the NCG?

You'd also have one-loss OSU in your scenario. But since we just beat them (and they'd have to be the #1 team in the country when we played them because they'd be the only undefeated team left), would we move to #1 over a 1-loss Texas? Man, that's a really cool scenario (and one I hope plays out because if that happens I believe OU goes to the CCG, not Texas).

Either or, I'd be willing to bet they'd move tOSU ahead of OU. They are in love with the idea of having to win a conference to play for the title, especially if you'd have a rematch of OU Texas.

But I love that line of thinking. Just makes me scream for a playoff that much louder.

Mile High Sooner
10/24/2008, 02:11 PM
The team to really root for this weekend is tOSU to hand Joe Pa an L on his way back to Happy Valley.
Then pray for some SEC team at some time to take the Roll out of the Tide, which may be Florida in their CG.
If we continue to post W's throughout the rest of our highly ranked BCS schedule you can book your ticket for Miami as we'll be the #2 BCS team to re-play the Whorns for all the marbles.
Fexas will hate that as they, right now, would be hoping to see PSU and kick their B 10-11 *** up one side of the field and down the other.
But, just like rematch of OU/NU in '78(?), those puke orange idiots don't want to see us again in the same year.

Therefore I'd like Fexas to just barely win but would not be upset at all if, somehow they lost big. Unless later on it somehow screws us, which it certainly could, in the wild weird & wacky BCS rankings.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2008, 02:15 PM
Imagine this....

Who Plays in the NCG?

If OSU beats Texas and OSU only loses to OU, OU will probably be the Big 12 South champ, based on the 3 way tie.

joeTsooner
10/24/2008, 02:44 PM
What is the three way tie rule ion the big 12?

Cam
10/24/2008, 03:04 PM
What is the three way tie rule ion the big 12?

Big 12 divisional tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

(a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step,
the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other;
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division;
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division
in order of finish (4, 5 and 6);
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series standings following the completion of Big 12 regular season
conference play shall be the representative;
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative;
7. The representative will be chosen by draw.