PDA

View Full Version : "Stuff" happens this week

The Maestro
10/20/2008, 09:19 AM
One would think this weekend will shake some things up, and we have the easiest game of all the teams up top. I hope we go to Manhattan, treat this thing like a business trip, get out of there and back home with a win. I love that we start the day with a game and then can, as fans, sit back and watch to see who falters.

Texas vs. OSU - no reason to think OSU can win there, but did anyone think OSU would win in Missouri or be unbeaten right now?

Alabama at Tennessee - Bama is barely getting by and Tennessee showed something last week. Those fans hate bama and this could make Tennessee's season.

Penn State at Ohio State - this will be a great game.

USC at Arizona - USC is once again loving themselves cause they manhandled a bad team. Now they have to go on the road where AZ ALWAYS seems to get a win like this...it will be a good test.

I'd be happy with one or two of these going our way...but it will be a great weekend of games.

IronHorseSooner
10/20/2008, 10:33 AM
Texas-OSU: OSU presents a different sort of problem to the Texas D. Texas is strong on the outsides (Orakpo and Kindle), but OSU will challenge the middle of their D. Hairgel wants the Texas outside rushers to crash, so Robinson and Hunter can beat them inside, and then they hit their big receivers over the top. Hairgel will look to play "keep away" from Colt and the gang, and if he gets a lead, look for him to ignore the D, like the Mizzou game, and draw up some drives on the sideline. The ones he did in the second half at Mizzou were really well designed.

'Bama- TENN: You are absolutely correct about this one. I watch a lot of SEC ball, and this game is an ubertrap for 'Bama. TENN doesn't do a lot of things well on offense, but they can run inside, and they can stop the run. They will force JPW to beat them, and TENN seemed to turn the corner last week. If they get decent QB play, and get a quick lead, TENN can win this.

PSU-tOSU: PSU had better not start like they did against Meatchicken, or they will get run out of the 'Shoe. This is a different tOSU team with Wells and Pryor. PSU runs a similar attack to tOSU, but tOSU has a better and more experienced D than PSU. As well, tOSU is not just going to surrender the Big 10 without a fight. tOSU may win this big, but still will be no threat to us, the SEC, or even SUC, unless the following happens....

SUC-'Zona: Like I have said many times, 'Zona pulls a "miracle in the desert" every year. Petey acknowledges that the 'Zona D is the hardest to figure out. They also have a senior QB, and that place will be rockin'. If 'Zona wins, they are in the driver's seat in the PAC-10, and SUC is washed up.

I say the likelihood of upsets as the following:

1. tOSU over PSU (not really that big of an upset)
2. 'Zona over SUC
3. TENN over 'Bama
4. Hairgel over Mack

SoonerStormchaser
10/20/2008, 10:57 AM
Every time I hear the name "Orakpo," this comes to mind:
http://www.learnanimals.com/okapi/pictures/okapi-01.gif

beer4me
10/20/2008, 11:13 AM
Every time I hear the name "Orakpo," this comes to mind:
http://www.learnanimals.com/okapi/pictures/okapi-01.gif

Right on Storm I thought the exact same thing

BOOMER SOONER

Collier11
10/20/2008, 11:14 AM
Texas-OSU: OSU presents a different sort of problem to the Texas D. Texas is strong on the outsides (Orakpo and Kindle), but OSU will challenge the middle of their D. Hairgel wants the Texas outside rushers to crash, so Robinson and Hunter can beat them inside, and then they hit their big receivers over the top. Hairgel will look to play "keep away" from Colt and the gang, and if he gets a lead, look for him to ignore the D, like the Mizzou game, and draw up some drives on the sideline. The ones he did in the second half at Mizzou were really well designed.

Unfortunately for us, I think ut rolls poke state

'Bama- TENN: You are absolutely correct about this one. I watch a lot of SEC ball, and this game is an ubertrap for 'Bama. TENN doesn't do a lot of things well on offense, but they can run inside, and they can stop the run. They will force JPW to beat them, and TENN seemed to turn the corner last week. If they get decent QB play, and get a quick lead, TENN can win this.

Bama has had two straight flat games, I think they dominate Tenn but once again I hope I am wrong

PSU-tOSU: PSU had better not start like they did against Meatchicken, or they will get run out of the 'Shoe. This is a different tOSU team with Wells and Pryor. PSU runs a similar attack to tOSU, but tOSU has a better and more experienced D than PSU. As well, tOSU is not just going to surrender the Big 10 without a fight. tOSU may win this big, but still will be no threat to us, the SEC, or even SUC, unless the following happens....

This might be where we get some help, tosu is winning this game and that helps us a ton cus they arent passing us anywhere in the polls

SUC-'Zona: Like I have said many times, 'Zona pulls a "miracle in the desert" every year. Petey acknowledges that the 'Zona D is the hardest to figure out. They also have a senior QB, and that place will be rockin'. If 'Zona wins, they are in the driver's seat in the PAC-10, and SUC is washed up.

This is Mike Stoops chance to really make a statement that he has this team going in the right direction and also, he can help Lil Bro

2. 'Zona over SUC
3. TENN over 'Bama
4. Hairgel over Mack

Lets hope for a huge upset weekend!

East Coast Bias
10/20/2008, 05:33 PM
Me thinks Aggies are the only ones with a shot at an upset, and that is a long-shot. Aggies tend to go up in flames when people are watching.....

CK Sooner
10/20/2008, 05:37 PM

2. 'Zona over SUC
3. TENN over 'Bama
4. Hairgel over Mack

Tennessee has a few injured starters from their last game.

ousooners182
10/20/2008, 06:08 PM
i think ohio state beats penn st. cause they're at home...if it was in happy valley i would give the edge to penn but with ohio state at home and pryor really coming into a rhythm i think ohio state wins..

alabama will probably end up winning by a touchdown or something surviving another scare..

texas oklahoma state..well im praying oklahoma state will pull off an upset but i havent really watched them much this year besides missouri but im not sure..but i know texas better cover dez bryant

hink4769
10/20/2008, 06:18 PM
I think Penn State beats OSU, I think PSU is alot better than they are getting credit for.

Tennessee stinks this year and I can't see them beating Bama, although I don't think Bama wins in Baton Rouge. Its funny we may need to bank on Lester to help us out.

No way the Okie Light defense plays well enough to prevent Colt McCoy from beating them. I think they lose in Austin by 3 touchdowns.

USC will crush Arizona.

ousooners182
10/20/2008, 07:07 PM
Tennessee has a few injured starters from their last game.

Yeah one of their top o linemen and also gerald jones...

i wanted to see someone from ok :(

they both had high ankle sprains and still not sure if they will be able to try and go against bama or not

Curly Bill
10/20/2008, 07:57 PM
Ohio State beats Penn State...

...you can go to Vegas with that. :D

oumartin
10/20/2008, 08:47 PM
I'll take Ohio State over PSU but the other favorites win. OSU will give Texas a game for a half. Only way they win is if Colt breaks an arm. Dude is way dangerous

Phantasm
10/21/2008, 12:12 AM
Buckoles over nitwit lie'uns

lloyd45
10/21/2008, 01:20 AM
Orakpo is getting a ton of attention coming off the end, but Roy Miller is the strongest player on the team at DT. I look for him to dominate against OSU especially because so much attention is given to Orakpo. Don't under estimate Roy Millers abilities at DT.

Leroy Lizard
10/21/2008, 01:46 AM
Lets hope for a huge upset weekend!

But not too huge.

fadada1
10/21/2008, 08:05 AM
i think PSU wins this one. their defense plays pretty disciplined ball and should stop pryor most of the time.

St. Louis Sooner
10/21/2008, 11:12 AM
Okie state does not have the horses to hang with UT; the D's are equal, maybe a slight edge to UT; they'll win by three TDs minimum saturday; :cool:

PSU's balanced attack will give tOSU's D fits; and Pryor/Beanie will do likewise to the lions' D; this one will be close ... too close to call; the winner will be the one who makes the least mistakes and/or who's D steps up; :pop:

I would love to pick mikey against li'l petey, but USC is rolling right now; mikey knows winning this game will keep his job safe through the end of NEXT year; the key is how much will 'zona's D step up and make things difficult for dirty sanchez; suc wins this one; :(

'bama's game at rocky top will be a tough one and it depends on how strong the Vols finish the first 1/2 of the game; i see 'bama winning this one by a touchdown when it's all said and done; :confused:

i hope our beloved team doesn't have a let down this saturday in manhattan; :eek:

MojoRisen
10/21/2008, 11:28 AM
1. Tennessee: This is their National Championship game at home- I bet they come to play - 40% chance of upset

2. Ohio St: At home for big 10 championship- 10 point favorites to me. Penn St has never won at Columbus. Don't count on it now in front of 100K strong and if they start slow again- watch out.

3. Okie St: Has the luxuary of watching film from Mizzou and OU - Texas still does the nickle and dime offense. I think OKie St takes a lot more risk in jumping those short patterns and it could pay off or kill em - 15% chance of an upset though. St will come out to win- unlike Mizzou who thought they belonged

4. Arizona: Will have to play a perfect game to the wire and move the ball on SUC. 20% chance of major upset