@LSU
Miss St
Auburn

Texas
OSU
@TT
Baylor
@Kansas

What games are these teams going to lose?

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 09:57 PM
Oklahoma lose none
Texas lose none
Penn state lose 1
Alabama lose 1 or 2 ( I think the sec ship is between lsu and florida )

kangsta
10/19/2008, 10:03 PM
Texas plays atm at the end of the season

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2008, 10:05 PM
Then plays Mizzou in KC.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2008, 10:05 PM
Unless they just flat suck and the fighting Mangino's beat them.

85sooners
10/19/2008, 10:50 PM
:gary:

RacerX
10/19/2008, 10:53 PM
Unless they just flat suck and the fighting Mangino's beat them.

That's the only 'tough' game I see left for them.

Maybe it'll snow 10 ft.

AzianSooner
10/19/2008, 11:19 PM
I only see OU at Stillwater is going to be tough.

beer4me
10/20/2008, 09:51 AM
Texas plays atm at the end of the season

hehehe, you means "scrimmages" atm at the end of season. I know, I know that is a huge rivalry and sometimes strange things happen. But please atm is just like a atm this year put your card in and you can get out anything you have in there.

BOOMER SOONER

CK Sooner
10/20/2008, 09:53 AM
games for the top 4 BCS teams

OU
@KSU
Nebraska
@aTm
TT
@OSU

Penn St
@tOSU
@Iowa
Indiana
Michigan St

Alabama
@Tenn
Arkansas St
@LSU
Miss St -?
Auburn -?

Texas
OSU -?
@TT
Baylor
@Kansas -?

I think we have a good chance.

NormanPride
10/20/2008, 09:55 AM
We have the toughest remaining schedule, by virtue of us having to go to stillwater.

A-M
10/20/2008, 09:56 AM
Don't mean to be a downer, but I am not counting on a wim for any of our games until the game is over. We still have way too many problems to overcome to say that we will win out. Can we run, stop the kick off return and is our D good enough to win out? I don't know and only time will tell.

The Maestro
10/20/2008, 10:08 AM
This week is the week you would expect at least one of the teams to fall.

Penn State will have a tough time at Iowa, especially the week after Ohio State.

Bama will fall somewhere...not enough offense.

I still think the whorns fall...sports sees teams rise and fall...and this team is sky high right now. But it has to be a team that finally rattles Colt's cage. NO ONE is laying good licks on him...he needs to be hit hard and then things change.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/20/2008, 10:23 AM
Don't mean to be a downer, but I am not counting on a wim for any of our games until the game is over. We still have way too many problems to overcome to say that we will win out. Can we run, stop the kick off return and is our D good enough to win out? I don't know and only time will tell.

True Dat!!!

Dan Thompson
10/20/2008, 12:02 PM
Odds for 10/25 games

Penn St +1 @ Ohio St
Alabama +5 @ Tenn

meoveryouxinfinity
10/20/2008, 01:06 PM
I am not a believer in Penn State, at all, or maybe in just biased and wishful thinking.. because if Ohio State doesn't beat them, they won't get beat until they get shellacked in the NC.

Has anyone seen how simply horrific 'Bama has played?

You also have to think that the media will push for the teams below us to move up. So,
possible
probable

USC
@ Arizona
Washington
California
@ Stanford
Notre Dame
@ UCLA

Georgia
@ No. 13 LSU
No. 10 Florida
@ Kentucky
@ Auburn
No. 18 Georgia Tech

Ohio State
No. 3 Penn State
@ No. 22 Northwestern
@ Illinois
Michigan

Florida
Kentucky
@ No. 7 Georgia
@ Vanderbilt
South Carolina
Citadel
@ No. 25 Florida State

So, obviously either UF or UGA will be hit with another loss. And either Penn State will be dealt their first loss of Ohio State will suffer another. USC and Penn State are sitting pretty.

ohh... losing.. it just makes rooting against the rest of the country SO much more fun.

Collier11
10/20/2008, 01:15 PM
games for the top 4 BCS teams

OU
@KSU I still need to see that we can play well on the road
Nebraska
@aTm
TT
@OSU This game scares the bejeezus out of me

Penn St
@tOSU tough game on the road
@Iowa Iowa is playing alot better
Indiana
Michigan St

Alabama
@Tenn Playing alot better
Arkansas St
@LSU Always tough at home
Miss St
Auburn They suck this yr but it is a rivalry game

Texas
OSU Tough game
@TT rivalry game on the road
Baylor
@Kansas You never know

I am not a believer in Penn State, at all, or maybe in just biased and wishful thinking.. because if Ohio State doesn't beat them, they won't get beat until they get shellacked in the NC.

Has anyone seen how simply horrific 'Bama has played?

You also have to think that the media will push for the teams below us to move up. So,
possible
probable

USC
@ Arizona Mikey wins big games
Washington
California Rivalry game
@ Stanford just look back to last yr
Notre Dame
@ UCLA Rivalry Game

Georgia
@ No. 13 LSU Big road game
No. 10 Florida Rivalry Game
@ Kentucky Nearly beat Bammer
@ Auburn
No. 18 Georgia Tech

Ohio State
No. 3 Penn State Penn St is really good this yr
@ No. 22 Northwestern That young coach has them playing well
@ Illinois Beat them in the horseshoe last yr
Michigan

Florida
Kentucky Like I said earlier, almost beat Bammer and they are well coached
@ No. 7 Georgia Rivalry Game
@ Vanderbilt Good team with something to prove
South Carolina
Citadel
@ No. 25 Florida State Is FSU back?

So, obviously either UF or UGA will be hit with another loss. And either Penn State will be dealt their first loss of Ohio State will suffer another. USC and Penn State are sitting pretty.

ohh... losing.. it just makes rooting against the rest of the country SO much more fun.

The bolded games are all potential realistic pitfalls

KingBarry
10/20/2008, 03:15 PM
I don't see TX losing two. If I am right, we are out of the Big XII picture. If we win out, we've got no better than a fifty-fifty chance of seeing the BCS Championship game.

We've still got two very losable games on the schedule.

So I am going to sit back and enjoy the rest of the season.

Collier11
10/20/2008, 03:19 PM
Texas only has to lose one and we need a cpl other factors to take place to play for the Big 12 title. We have a great shot to play for the natl title if we win out

KRYPTON
10/20/2008, 04:16 PM
UT has a good chance of losing a road game. I think the OSU game will tell us a lot, OSU is obviously going a different direction going into that game than Misery was. UT has a flat road performance at TT or KU and they're toast. A&M's getting better but I don't see them beating UT in Austin. I don't see any team from the north being good enough to take down UT in the CCG.

Bama.. should lose to LSU especially if Cody's gone, given it's on the road. LSU's not really firing on all cylinders either, though. I'd be amazed if Bama lost to Tennessee, but you never know. Phat Phil is probably a man posessed (by cholesterol) right now.

Penn State will lose to Ohio State, boogit, takeitothebank according to my tOSU grad friend. I actually agree given that tOSU has a real offense now.

If Nic can learn some more about MLB the next couple of weeks, we have a decent chance of winning out. OSU worries me, and we can't sleep against A&M because they're getting better. We have an advantage of not playing the CCG if UT wins out.

No one else leapfrogs us in the computers if we handily beat TT and OSU.

JLEW1818
10/20/2008, 04:34 PM
These next 4 weeks (3 games) are huge for us. Plenty of time to get better and get some good wins. I think the week off before tech will help a lot.

SoonerLB
10/20/2008, 04:46 PM
With no conference championship game, either Penn State or Ohio State stand a good chance of sliding into the NC game while the others are beating up on each other. If Penn State wins out, it will be hard to argue, but if they lose and the powers that be have the common sense to realize that the Big 10 is totally weak as a conference, we might get a good NC game.
Personally, I don't think there is a team in the Big 10 worthy of any consideration, even if they are undefeated, but the Kirk Herbstreits of the world want Ohio State and USC in the NC game, especially if Texas gets a loss.
I'm afraid that with one loss (I hope we end up that way), and our suspect defense, we're not gonna get much love from the powers that be, and we know how biased they are against us given the opportunity. All we can do is win out with not only Sam racking up the numbers, but with the defense rising to the ocassion (shutouts would be nice), and hope for the best.
The media is drooling over the fact that the Big 12 is going to beat up on each other over the next few weeks, you can bet on that.

oudivesherpa
10/20/2008, 07:18 PM
Texas will win out. OU wil have a real problem with OSU which has an open date the week before the play us. Also, they will let the sheep graze the field
before they play us (aggies and sheep don't know the difference between astro turf and grass) which will cause residual pellets to cover the field and provide camouflage for the aggie ordor. We won't be able to smell em out.

Also, have you ever noticed after the aggies score the wave their arms, thats a double douse over camouflage, they are waving the odor from the ag barns on the field combined with their under arm odor--that should be a war crime! At least unsportsman like conduct.

THA RO SOONER
10/20/2008, 09:40 PM
The question that I have is this.... if OU and saxet win out, bama and penn st. lose, we are ranked #2 at the end of the year, do we have a chance to play in the MNC game?

Collier11
10/20/2008, 09:45 PM
Absolutely we do! What we need is for The SEC champion to have 2 losses in that scenario...unless maybe the 1st loss was in the sec title game or the last game of the season

USC is way lower than us in the computers and will remain there if we win out and they win out due to all of our Top victories that we would have

THA RO SOONER
10/20/2008, 09:59 PM
Collier11, thanks for the quick response. But I know it would be totaly unpresedented,but has there ever been a scenario that this has happened? I know the usuc "jerk fest" is gonna be full on later in the season to get them to #2, but with us "not playing in our conference champ game" would that be a issue? a TRUE ?legal? issue? ... not tryin to be a NOOB to much but what are the rules that would keep us out? if any?

Collier11
10/20/2008, 10:03 PM
Nebraska in 01 and OU in 03 both played for a natl title without winning their conf title...they talked about adding rules for it but havent yet

JLEW1818
10/20/2008, 10:06 PM
Nebraska in 01 and OU in 03 both played for a natl title without winning their conf title...they talked about adding rules for it but havent yet

And Nebraska 01 was not even in the big 12 ship game (colorado).

THA RO SOONER
10/20/2008, 10:36 PM
Ok, so next question, yea yall gotta be sick of the noob by now, but would it not be better for us to want saxet AND us to win out and #2 and #3 to have a loss? I just dont think that they would lose two games, there biggest tests, back to back.but I hope the do!

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2008, 11:23 PM
Ok, so next question, yea yall gotta be sick of the noob by now, but would it not be better for us to want saxet AND us to win out and #2 and #3 to have a loss? I just dont think that they would lose two games, there biggest tests, back to back.but I hope the do!

That's an interesting scenario and would be a new test for the BCS system. But I would bet the lack of conference championship combined with the specter of a re-match would push the voters to an alternative. I think the human rankings are 2/3 of the formula and can over-ride the computer rankings.

SoonerLB
10/20/2008, 11:28 PM
That (saxet and us winning out) is probably in our best interest, since any loss by saxet would also reflect on us in the BCS system. They go down, and we go down because they beat us, simple at that.
There are of course, many other factors, mainly who else loses what games, but we still have to win out and hope for the best. The cards would really have to fall right for us to have any hope for being in the NC game though.

Phantasm
10/21/2008, 12:07 AM
this week's game between Penn State and Ohio State will be very important! Go butteyes! or is it Buckaroos? or Buckoles!

SoonerKnight
10/21/2008, 12:08 AM
We know the Pac-10 is weak and the Big 10 is weak! I think that the voters would have saxet in the MNC along with an SEC team. If we win out without saxet losing we would not get in the mnc game. If saxet loses say to A&M then we probably get into the NC without getting in the Big XII championship game. I am not sure these east coast idiots (sports writers :rolleyes:) would have us reply saxet. Even though I believe that with a rematch our running game would be a lot better and thus we would take the time away for saxet and win. Also, I am not really worried about OSU. They will choke against saxet! I also believe that with our offense clicking they do not stand a chance against us. I just do not think they are that great of a team. I thought Missouri was better than they are and see where that got me! :rolleyes: I think Tech could beat saxet and I think it happens this year and I think that we end up with one loss and saxet one loss.