PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams out for the year in Dallas (TRRW)

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2008, 08:59 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/102008dnspocowsider.2821098.html

Dallas Cowboys' owner Jones says SS Williams out for year

04:43 PM CDT on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS – Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams broke his right forearm for the second time Sunday in his first game back from the previous injury, and owner Jerry Jones said he'd miss the remainder of the season.

Williams, who has made the past five Pro Bowls, was hurt midway through the third quarter of a 34-14 loss to the St. Louis Rams. It was not clear how he was hurt.

During the game Williams' injury was addressed only briefly. A Rams spokesman, relaying information from the Cowboys, said then that Williams' status "was unknown at this point."

Jones brought up Williams' injury while discussing the future after the Cowboys lost for the third time in four games. Jones said in times of adversity, he compiles lists.

"It's not a good thing when Roy Williams, our safety, makes the list and is out for the year," Jones said. "That's not a good thing to put on that list.

"The rest of the guys in this locker room, including the coaches and me, aren't out for the year."

Williams broke the forearm while making a special teams tackle against the Eagles in the second game of the season. He had missed three games.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 08:59 PM
Yikes

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2008, 09:00 PM
Sucks for Roy. Broke his forearm, rehabed and had surgery, and rebreaks it in the first game back.

Sadly, it's probably his last game as a Cowboy...

sooneron
10/19/2008, 09:00 PM
List? Did he get that from Chrissy?

Sucks for Roy, tho. Get well soon.

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 09:03 PM
I wish him well tho.

TMcGee86
10/19/2008, 09:11 PM
Yup. He's finished as a Cowboy. Jerry Jones all but said it after the game.

Didn't help that on roughly the third play from scrimmage he was again burned deep for a TD.

Jones said he made the "list" and seeing as how he's done for the year, no real chance of getting off the list by the offseason. i.e. he aint coming back.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 09:15 PM
I have a list....

K-State is on it.
Huskers are on it.
Aggies are on it.
Sand aggies are on it.
Aggy is on it.

I like my list.

Dan Thompson
10/19/2008, 09:17 PM
Does he still have one year of eligibility?:)

UTsucks
10/19/2008, 09:19 PM
Fck the cowboys! Overrated

devOUt
10/19/2008, 09:26 PM
It will be so much easier to hate the cowboys without Roy.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2008, 10:04 PM
Yup. He's finished as a Cowboy. Jerry Jones all but said it after the game.

Didn't help that on roughly the third play from scrimmage he was again burned deep for a TD.

Jones said he made the "list" and seeing as how he's done for the year, no real chance of getting off the list by the offseason. i.e. he aint coming back.

I'll bag on Roy when he does mess up, but the corner got burned, not Roy. He was playing the middle covering a guy that got by the LB. He turned and ran after the ball was thrown.

just cause he's in the picture chasing the guy with the ball doesn't mean he got burned.

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 10:11 PM
Fck the cowboys! Overrated

TRRW is the Only Reason Ive evar watched those pricks.
the 2 JJs pissed me off when they Dumped On Tom
That was the sorriest thing Ive evar seen . :mad:
Jes sayin

85sooners
10/19/2008, 10:44 PM
:(

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/19/2008, 11:23 PM
It will be so much easier to hate the cowboys without Roy.Mofos acquired TFRW last week! Since Lionfart isn't starting for the Cards, I may try to be a Cards fan...if only Bidwill would sell the team...