PDA

View Full Version : USC Ranked 10th

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:48 PM
This is so much bull ****. USC is ranked 10th be the computers, but 4 and 5 by the humans.

WOW

I'd love to hear an explanation

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 07:49 PM
10 Florida

Big Red Ron
10/19/2008, 07:50 PM
This is so much bull ****. USC is ranked 10th be the computers, but 4 and 5 by the humans.

WOW

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandingsVoters are like, stupid and stuff. :D

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:51 PM
Computer Rankings

1) Texas
2) Alabama
3) Oklahoma state
4) Oklahoma
5) Ohio State
6) Georgia
7) Penn State
8) Utah
9) Boise State
10) USC
11) Texas Tech
12) Florida
13) TCU
14) Missouri
15) Pittsburgh

now that is interesting

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:53 PM
I think the voters look at the usc computer ranking and start to think otherwise

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 07:54 PM
Even ESPN's guys can't spew the unplaced love that suc is getting.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 08:20 PM
Even Petey himself probably got chuckle out of it.

silverwheels
10/19/2008, 09:45 PM
USC is the most talented team in the country according to a lot of people. So I guess voters are pretending that the Oregon State loss didn't happen.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 09:53 PM
I think the voters will notice the computer rankings and it will change their minds to a certain extent

tulsaoilerfan
10/19/2008, 10:02 PM
How is OSU number 3? they beat a 2 loss Mizzou team, and that's it; hell at least we have beaten 2 top 25 teams this year

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 10:06 PM
I think Oklahoma State will fall off

@ Texas
@ Tech
@ Colorado
Oklahoma

no way in hell they win 3 of 4

So people can get over them being a part of the 3 way tie.

If any, its Tech tied with us and saxet

Sooner1979
10/19/2008, 10:09 PM
How is OSU number 3? they beat a 2 loss Mizzou team, and that's it; hell at least we have beaten 2 top 25 teams this year

I hate to even stand up for the Cow-chokes, but they beat an undefeated Missouri team at the time at Missouri...Now the win may not look as good now because they lost 2 games in a row, but OSU hasnt had an impressive win besides OU in a while...They dont beat Top 10 teams away from Boone "bought a team" Pickens stadium. The only reason they have ever beaten OU is because they put all their cards on the table for that game.

oupride
10/19/2008, 10:12 PM
and Boise St. is ranked above LSU, Mizzou, Tulsa, TCU and Kansas. Yeah, uh-huh.

PDXsooner
10/19/2008, 10:42 PM
ha ha, you guys are funny. USC is better than 10th -- and anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows it.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 10:43 PM
I agree they are, but to rank them in front of some teams is stupid

85sooners
10/19/2008, 10:49 PM
usc can suck it!!!!!:rolleyes:

Iam4OUru
10/19/2008, 10:54 PM
I think Oklahoma State will fall off

@ Texas
@ Tech
@ Colorado
Oklahoma

no way in hell they win 3 of 4

So people can get over them being a part of the 3 way tie.

If any, its Tech tied with us and saxet

I hope they win 'em all. They'll likely be #1 or #2 when we take 'em down.

Widescreen
10/19/2008, 11:23 PM
Tonight, Herbstreit admitted that for USC to be highly ranked, they're going to have to hope voters rank them based on reputation since the Pac10 sucks so bad this year.

nativesooner
10/19/2008, 11:30 PM
for USC to be highly ranked, they're going to have to hope voters rank them based on reputation

Which will probably happen because the media experts keep saying they're the best one loss team in the country. I think I heard that at least three times this weekend. I kind of think that team in Norman is the best one loss team, but then again I do have on my crimson colored shades. :cool:

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 11:31 PM
who cares , the computers will keep killing them, they will never pass us, unless we lose .

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 11:35 PM
Voters are like, stupid and stuff. :D

There you go again...trying to explain how Obama is doing so well. ;) :D

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2008, 05:12 AM

WOW

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

If you do not know how this works by now, then there is no hope for you.

The human polls are directed by biased and brand names.

if you do not have one of the brand names, you will be ranked lower.

And since 2002, USC has been the "p3nis' the media (and human polls) has been sucking on!

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2008, 05:14 AM

ZERO losses. They are #3 in the computer average because they are undefeated. Computer rankings take into account each loss.

badger
10/20/2008, 08:54 AM
This has to be somewhat encouraging for Mikey and the Cats over at Arizona, who face USC this week. Like I said on that particular thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122772), we need to send good vibes to Tucson this weekend. This is exactly the type of win Mikey needs and what would give you more lulz than to see the Pac 10 automatic BCS (aka Rose Bowl)bid go to Arizona instead of USC. That would mean that So Cal would have to rank somewhere decent (not gonna happen with two losses to the likes of Zona and Oregon State) to get another BCS at-large bid, and with Utah and Boise undefeated and in the top 12, you can see two at-larges going to mid-majors - and the Big 12 is getting an at-large based on how this year is going, the other always goes to the SEC - placing the Trojans in the first Pac-10 tie-in other than the Rose... in San Diego.

USC in the Holiday Bowl with Texas? SOMEBODY PINCH ME! :D

More importantly, one less one-loss school to worry about in the title picture.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2008, 08:58 AM
This has to be somewhat encouraging for Mikey and the Cats over at Arizona, who face USC this week. Like I said on that particular thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122772), we need to send good vibes to Tucson this weekend. This is exactly the type of win Mikey needs and what would give you more lulz than to see the Pac 10 automatic BCS (aka Rose Bowl)bid go to Arizona instead of USC. That would mean that So Cal would have to rank somewhere decent (not gonna happen with two losses to the likes of Zona and Oregon State) to get another BCS at-large bid, and with Utah and Boise undefeated and in the top 12, you can see two at-larges going to mid-majors - and the Big 12 is getting an at-large based on how this year is going, the other always goes to the SEC - placing the Trojans in the first Pac-10 tie-in other than the Rose... in San Diego.

USC in the Holiday Bowl with Texas? SOMEBODY PINCH ME! :D

More importantly, one less one-loss school to worry about in the title picture.

All of which is very possible. :D

badger
10/20/2008, 09:10 AM
All of which is very possible. :D

Think about it... :D

:mack: How in the heck did I lose to Tech, Oklahoma State AND them Aggies?:mack:

:rcmad: Yeah, how DID he lose to THEM Aggies?! :rcmad:

:les: WE LIKE THIS FOOTBALL TEAM'S RESOLVE! [hairGel]

http://i37.tinypic.com/ak7p1w.jpg Mother****! Gawd ******!! ****! You *****es! You ****ed up our **** this ****ing season, *****! ****!!!!!

:stunned: I'm as stunned as the rest of you. :stunned:

:D

1890MilesToNorman
10/20/2008, 09:15 AM
The only conference to have fewer ranked teams then the Pac-10 is the Sun Belt conference.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. :P

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2008, 09:15 AM
Think about it... :D

:mack: How in the heck did I lose to Tech, Oklahoma State AND them Aggies?:mack:

:rcmad: Yeah, how DID he lose to THEM Aggies?! :rcmad:

:les: WE LIKE THIS FOOTBALL TEAM'S RESOLVE! [hairGel]

http://i37.tinypic.com/ak7p1w.jpg Mother****! Gawd ******!! ****! You *****es! You ****ed up our **** this ****ing season, *****! ****!!!!!

:stunned: I'm as stunned as the rest of you. :stunned:

:D

:pop:

LOL

Jason White's Third Knee
10/20/2008, 09:18 AM
ha ha, you guys are funny. USC is better than 10th -- and anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows it.

How do you rank a team that gets beaten by a bad team? Yes, usc is better than Oregon State, but Oregon State won the game. Do you rank usc above OS even though you know that objectively, overall usc is the better team? It happens a lot.

The loss to a fairly bad team has to be recognized somehow regardless of how good we think usc is.

badger
10/20/2008, 11:24 AM
How do you rank a team that gets beaten by a bad team? Yes, usc is better than Oregon State, but Oregon State won the game. Do you rank usc above OS even though you know that objectively, overall usc is the better team? It happens a lot.

The loss to a fairly bad team has to be recognized somehow regardless of how good we think usc is.

Hey, I think Washington is better than 0-7, but it's hard to opinionate on that fact when it's a FACT!

:confused: or are they 0-8 now? I lose track :D