PDA

View Full Version : How bad would OU beat USC?

OUMedMan
10/19/2008, 01:46 PM
It looks to me like Oregon State might win the rest of their games -- which would mean they would go to the Rose Bowl. USC, even though they would have one loss, would have to go some other bowl.

If both Texas and OU win out, that means Texas would be in the BCS NC game and OU would undoubtedly be in the Fiesta Bowl.

If OU met USC in the Fiesta Bowl, how much would you figure the Sooners would win by . . . .three touchdowns?

It looks to me like Bradford would be able to pass on USC's defense at will, and I don't think the Trojan's would be able to move the ball against a Big-12 defense.

So what do you think. . . .OSU 42, USC 7?

soonerthanu
10/19/2008, 01:50 PM
Dude put the pipe down.
:eek:
No way OU holds USC to two safteys and a field goal.

BrockLanders
10/19/2008, 01:53 PM
Do you not think that USC's O is as good or better than KU that just put up 31 on us? I know this, USC's rbs are a LOT better than the KU white kid that gashed us yesterday...

The game would be a shoot out. I do think we would win although the score would be more like 42-38 or somthing like that.

freshchris05
10/19/2008, 01:55 PM
some people are ridiculous

TJKDone
10/19/2008, 02:09 PM
I think you have a chance to beat them by 2 TD's. I'd say 52-35.

I would hope you would kick the hell out of them.

The idea that they are mentioned in the same breath with OU after losing to Oregon State is laughable.

Their fans make sooners look like amazing gentlemen. SC fans are arrogant and really ignorant about the game.

I know it is sacriligous to pump sunshine toward Sooners, but the anti-Big 12 sentiment has me pissed at the moment.

Hook'em

P.S. I still hope we kick the crap out of you everytime we play you.

85sooners
10/19/2008, 02:10 PM
It looks to me like Oregon State might win the rest of their games -- which would mean they would go to the Rose Bowl. USC, even though they would have one loss, would have to go some other bowl.

If both Texas and OU win out, that means Texas would be in the BCS NC game and OU would undoubtedly be in the Fiesta Bowl.

If OU met USC in the Fiesta Bowl, how much would you figure the Sooners would win by . . . .three touchdowns?

It looks to me like Bradford would be able to pass on USC's defense at will, and I don't think the Trojan's would be able to move the ball against a Big-12 defense.

So what do you think. . . .OSU 42, USC 7?:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D

batonrougesooner
10/19/2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure OU could beat USC. They might.

Dan Thompson
10/19/2008, 02:20 PM
USC goes to Tucson Saturday:eek:

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 02:28 PM
lol us winning 42 7...

no way. no freaking way.

we could not hold them to 7. no way

i say we win like 45 41 or something crazy like that..sanchez is overrated but they have some backs

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 02:31 PM
We'd have to score near 50 points to beat USuC, because I see them scoring 40+ on us. :(

OUMedMan
10/19/2008, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure OU could beat USC. They might.

How could they not beat USC? USC lost to Oregon State!!

You do realize there are three teams in Oklahoma better than Oregon State, don't you?

Seriously -- don't you think that OU, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Missouri and Kansas could all readily handle USC? That's half the Big-12!!

I mean -- we're talking about Oregon State here, folks!!

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2008, 02:38 PM
We'd have to score near 50 points to beat USuC, because I see them scoring 40+ on us. :(

You could say that about a bunch of teams: USC, Florida, Penn St., OSU, Missouri, and of course Texas has already proven the hypothesis.

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 02:39 PM
Seriously -- don't you think that OU, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Missouri and Kansas could all readily handle USC? That's half the Big-12!!

I hate USuC an awful lot but the answer to this is a definite NO.

ratedrsuperstar
10/19/2008, 02:39 PM
Right now OU would not beat USC. We have a bad defense and bad kicking games, we will lose all of the big games until that is fixed somehow someway !

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 02:40 PM
You could say that about a bunch of teams: USC, Florida, Penn St., OSU, Missouri, and of course Texas has already proven the hypothesis.

No doubt...

...so why is Venabeles still in charge of our defnese?

Oh yeah! Bob likes him.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 02:44 PM
some people are ridiculous

But what does that have to do with this thread?

Is that all you have to offer?

Seriously?

I think the guy wants to know what you think.

Just saying.

Let's talk football.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 02:48 PM
I'd like to see a few more games before I decide a game like this in the Post Season.

If we matched up with them next week...

I wouldn't put any money on the game.

We play well at Home...on the Road...we need to get really serious from now on. Bowl Games, Colorado last year and The Cotton Bowl this year...well...playing suc in a bowl right now wouldn't give me the warm fuzzies.

I'd like to think we could outscore them right now.

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2008, 02:49 PM
Okay, let's talk football. USC would beat OU rather handily right now. The Sooners would rush for a total of 2 yards and Bradford would be nearly decapitated several times during his 64 passing attempts. That's not to mention what they would do to our defense while starting all their drives outside their own 40 yard line due to long kickoff returns and 30 yard punts by the Sooners. 41-20.

Iam4OUru
10/19/2008, 02:52 PM
I'd have to say something like....55-19 USC. No, wait...wrong game...sorry!

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 02:53 PM
Okay, let's talk football. USC would beat OU rather handily right now. The Sooners would rush for a total of 2 yards and Bradford would be nearly decapitated several times during his 64 passing attempts. That's not to mention what they would do to our defense while starting all their drives outside their own 40 yard line due to long kickoff returns and 30 yard punts by the Sooners. 41-20.

I can still dream...

You didn't have to set me up for a nightmare tonight did you? :D

Damn Harry....lol

OUMedMan
10/19/2008, 02:55 PM
Does anybody really think that Oregon State's defense is better than the Sooners?

I know that OU defense had some problems with the #1 team in the nations offense, but we're talking about Oregon Freakin' State here!!

Their D held USC to 21 points!!

Do you really think that somehow USC would be able to score twice as many points on Oklahoma as they did on Oregon State?

Not a chance -- OU's D is much better than Oregon State's.

USC would be lucky to make in into the teens in scoring.

josh09
First of all, if us and texas both win out, id say we have a chance of playing them in the national title. We just need a couple things to happen. But you didnt seem to mention that at all.

Harry Beanbag
Sorry. This team has several fatal flaws. :(

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 02:57 PM
Does anybody really think that Oregon State's defense is better than the Sooners?

I know that OU defense had some problems with the #1 team in the nations offense, but we're talking about Oregon Freakin' State here!!

Do you really think that somehow USC would be able to score twice as many points on Oklahoma as they did on Oregon State?

LMAO!

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2008, 02:58 PM
LMAO!

No kidding. Now I know where OUMedMan got his handle. :)

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 03:00 PM
No kidding. Now I know where OUMedMan got his handle. :)

I don't think it means he's in med school, I think it means he sells "medicine" on the corner. :D Don't sample your own wares dude. :P

freshchris05
10/19/2008, 03:05 PM
But what does that have to do with this thread?

Is that all you have to offer?

Seriously?

I think the guy wants to know what you think.

Just saying.

Let's talk football.

ok so you think we beat usc by 5 or more td's???

thats all im saying...

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 03:08 PM
ok so you think we beat usc by 5 or more td's???
thats all im saying...

We'd likely have to score 80 points to beat USuC by five TD's. :D

josh09
10/19/2008, 03:10 PM
Id say something like a 42-31 score, something like that.

freshchris05
10/19/2008, 03:17 PM
Let me say this:
OUr team is loaded with talent and would thrash oregon state.

But everyone knows USC gets up for big games... and while i do think we could beat them i dont think we would destroy them...

if the buckeyes play the usc team that lost to oregon st, then they are still undefeated and no 1. but thats not the case, eh?...

Penguin
10/19/2008, 03:29 PM
USC's problem is that they just can't get up for the ho-hum PAC-10 road games. They turn into freaking all-stars for "big games."

If USC and OU played, it would be a track meet just like the Kansas and Texas games.

I hope we don't play USC. I don't want to give them another chance to embarrass us again. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 03:34 PM
Sorry. This team has several fatal flaws. :(

I believe your right sadly...

The year when we lost to TCU and Bob said we were over-rated to begin with...

What is he thinking right now?

I mean...there is no way he can say that he thought his O-Line was over-rated. They aren't as good as promised. I went down to the locker room area at half yesterday to try and get a feel for how OUr players were after a close half of football. I saw them heading in with heads down. On the way out to the field...I saw them ready to play...but not pumped up.

We need someone to put a defibrillator on OUr guys...

They look like they are in a COMA IMO.

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2008, 03:49 PM
Don't fool yourself - USC is very good. They came out flat against Oregon st. and got down 21-0. If that game goes 5 minutes longer, 'SC finishes the come-back and wins. I'm shocked 'SC is behind us in the BCS standings and there is no way they pass us if we win out. But we have huge issues to deal with trying to match a defensive scheme to our available players, so winning out is going to be tough!

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah you cant look at college football like that

"oregon state held usc in check so our d would hold them in the teens"

it would be a shoot out and they always play big in big games so it would be hard..prob in the 40's ..and to be honest they have a better d than ours

OUmillenium
10/19/2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah, any above average offense will be scoring at a 30 point clip or above on us, expecially in the Fiesta Bowl. We would have to score 50+ to win. And I think we could.

OK2LA
10/19/2008, 04:00 PM

You're not really this dense are you?

I mean - I haven't followed your posts very long, but if you really believe what you're spouting - you are fool.

OU's Defense is not all that good right now - It's being held together with zip ties and bailing wire.

One Game=One Game. That is all.

USC had a bad game.

They will likely run the table, and will win their bowl game.

If we played them right now - Harry Beanbag had the outcome.

Our defense is suspect at best.

We will be lucky to win against either Sand Aggy or Aggy Aggy. Not both.

Cross your fingers that we solve some of the problems on defense and run blocking. If we choose to try to outgun our opponents from here on out - we might lost 2 more games.

SoonerFanInAustin
10/19/2008, 04:24 PM
I'm a Sooner Fan, but I'm also a realist.....we would not be USC right now. Just as several guys have already mentioned....our defense is not very good right now.

Just think, Brisco had 200 yds receiving. How much will Crabtree and Bryant have? We can not continue to try to win shoot-outs. We have to learn to cover some people. Yes, I would like to get the running game going, but I would sure rather see some good ole fashion defense and slow people down. Without Reynolds, we won't shut people down, but we sure need to slow them down. The whole first half of the Kansas game reminded me of the Texas game. We get up double digits and then the opponent drives it down our throat and forces the offense to score again.

Yes, the made plays in the 2nd half when they needed too, yes we won, but we need better results. Otherwise, we will be living on the edge all yr.

So right now, I think USC would beat us, because I think their defense would be able to stop us at least one more time than we could stop them. Trust me, I hate saying that, but that is what I believe.

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah im scared for Crabtree and Bryant...
Bryant is looking scary

UTsucks
10/19/2008, 04:40 PM
I'm a Sooner Fan, but I'm also a realist.....we would not be USC right now. Just as several guys have already mentioned....our defense is not very good right now.

Just think, Brisco had 200 yds receiving. How much will Crabtree and Bryant have? We can not continue to try to win shoot-outs. We have to learn to cover some people. Yes, I would like to get the running game going, but I would sure rather see some good ole fashion defense and slow people down. Without Reynolds, we won't shut people down, but we sure need to slow them down. The whole first half of the Kansas game reminded me of the Texas game. We get up double digits and then the opponent drives it down our throat and forces the offense to score again.

Yes, the made plays in the 2nd half when they needed too, yes we won, but we need better results. Otherwise, we will be living on the edge all yr.

So right now, I think USC would beat us, because I think their defense would be able to stop us at least one more time than we could stop them. Trust me, I hate saying that, but that is what I believe.

Well said sad but true :pop:

PDXsooner
10/19/2008, 04:40 PM

You do realize there are three teams in Oklahoma better than Oregon State, don't you?

i'm pretty sure you're joking. but they lost to oregon state -- upsets happen. oregon state is a far inferior team to USC. and you know it.

MichiganSooner
10/19/2008, 04:43 PM
MedMan, right now I do not think I could guarantee a win over USC simply because they lost to Oregon State. Our defense has work to do; our field goal kicking is not up to championship standards; our run game still needs work. Do we have a chance? Yes. With your logic regarding Oregon State, we got beat by Boise once; does that mean they will always beat us? I don't think so.

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 04:48 PM
MedMan, right now I do not think I could guarantee a win over USC simply because they lost to Oregon State. Our defense has work to do; our field goal kicking is not up to championship standards; our run game still needs work. Do we have a chance? Yes. With your logic regarding Oregon State, we got beat by Boise once; does that mean they will always beat us? I don't think so.

agreed

OUMedMan
10/19/2008, 05:00 PM
Did anyone watch the Oregon State/USC game?

Oregon State dominated USC on both sides of the line.

They had a freshman running back playing his second or third game rush for something like 200 yards on SC.

Bradford would get at least 300 yards passing -- he gets 300 yards against everybody, and OU's rushing game would get at least 300 yards.

And no. . . .Oregon States D isn't better than OU's.

lloyd45
10/19/2008, 05:05 PM
I couldn't get over how Oregon State not only won but how they did. In upsets usually everything has to go your way and you get lucky. Instead they just dominated every aspect of the football game. It was shocking.

hink4769
10/19/2008, 05:08 PM
You shouldn't base your opinions of USC solely on 1 bad game. OU looked pretty bad against Iowa State last year, but they were still a very good team. Thats just the nature of college football, teams are going to have off games. Yeah USC looked bad against Oregon State, but they have looked very very good in most of their other games. I think an OU-USC matchup would produce a very good game, I think the two teams would be fairly evenly matched.

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 05:09 PM
That game was great.. I remember thinking about how great it was for OU to control their own destiny..

man i miss that feeling

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2008, 05:32 PM

Just think, Brisco had 200 yds receiving. How much will Crabtree and Bryant have? We can not continue to try to win shoot-outs....

So should the team throw in the towel and forfeit the rest of the games ? I'm only semi-kidding here. Trying to come up with a D scheme with the available players is going to take time and patience. There will be players with assigments they haven't practiced in spring ball of fall camp or even practice 2 weeks ago. There will be busted assignments and some indecisive play that lead to missed tackles or being blocked too easily. It is what it is. So yes, we may have to win a shootout or 2. Fortunately, we have an incredible offense that is capable of doing just that. We have 5 games to go and we should be able to out-score NU,KSU, aTm. I don't think TT is as good as expected and we have them at home. OSU, er, argh, is scary right now, but hopefully the D will improve with each game and that is the last one. We really have a shot at winning out with shootouts and that would be good for everyones heart on this message board. :P

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2008, 05:35 PM
Did anyone watch the Oregon State/USC game?

Oregon State dominated USC on both sides of the line.

They had a freshman running back playing his second or third game rush for something like 200 yards on SC.

Bradford would get at least 300 yards passing -- he gets 300 yards against everybody, and OU's rushing game would get at least 300 yards.

And no. . . .Oregon States D isn't better than OU's.

All that was true in the 1st half. Look at 2nd half stats. If they played again, would you put real money on Oregon st. ?

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 05:40 PM
If Texas does make it to the big 12 ship, I hope it is freezing cold and rainy, then we will see how lil Colt reacts.

PalmBeachSooner
10/19/2008, 06:07 PM

Uhm, the last time we thought USC was overrated and OU would destroy them, uhm we were embarrassed in a way I never thought possible for an OU team. Kind of reminds me of the OU hype leading up to the RRR this year.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 06:09 PM
Upsets happen, Usc is good.

aurorasooner
10/19/2008, 07:23 PM
HitH does USC rate a USA Today/Sagarin -strength of schedule ranking higher than anyone in the top 6 ? Schedule Strength 13. Please. Boosted by Whoregon and Oregon State--???? I don't see either team ranked in the top 25 --- Texas #24, 'Bama #53, Penn State #82, OU #35, USC #13, Pokes #87. That Sagarin computer must be on Cali Dope.
No. 5 Southern California

Remaining schedule: at Arizona; Washington; California; at Stanford; Notre Dame; at UCLA.

Schedule strength: No. 13.

Breakdown: The Trojans' schedule has been boosted by games against Ohio State, Oregon and Oregon State, but the loss to the Beavers could be a crusher unless teams above USC lose. Sagarin rates the Pacific-10 fifth among the six BCS conferences, and the Trojans play no more games against teams currently ranked. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2008-10-19-bcs-capsules_N.htm

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:25 PM
College football live bout come on Espn real quick

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:28 PM
What did the computer part of the BCS rankings, rank usc?

anybody got a link where it breaks all 3 parts down?

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2008, 07:39 PM
HitH does USC rate a USA Today/Sagarin -strength of schedule ranking higher than anyone in the top 6 ? Schedule Strength 13. Please. Boosted by Whoregon and Oregon State--???? I don't see either team ranked in the top 25 --- Texas #24, 'Bama #53, Penn State #82, OU #35, USC #13, Pokes #87. That Sagarin computer must be on Cali Dope.
No. 5 Southern California

Remaining schedule: at Arizona; Washington; California; at Stanford; Notre Dame; at UCLA.

Schedule strength: No. 13.

Breakdown: The Trojans' schedule has been boosted by games against Ohio State, Oregon and Oregon State, but the loss to the Beavers could be a crusher unless teams above USC lose. Sagarin rates the Pacific-10 fifth among the six BCS conferences, and the Trojans play no more games against teams currently ranked. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2008-10-19-bcs-capsules_N.htm

I don't understand it either, but it was ranked third last week before they played the worst team in the history of the Pac-10 yesterday.

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 07:39 PM
What did the computer part of the BCS rankings, rank usc?

anybody got a link where it breaks all 3 parts down?

http://cfn.scout.com/2/582114.html

there it shows all the computer ratings

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:43 PM
Damn Kirk does not like our chances lol

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 07:45 PM
I just turned it there when he was talkin bout usc what did he say about us??

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:45 PM
The computers ranked USC 10. wow this clearly shows the voters are full of ****.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:46 PM
Can anybody find the link where is says USC ranked 10? by the computer side?

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2008, 07:47 PM

there it shows all the computer ratings

Anderson Hester has some issues with their formula. Their top 6:

1. Texas
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma St.
4. Boise St.
5. Penn St.
6. Utah

possumfat
10/19/2008, 07:49 PM
I'm anxious to see if we can win the rest of our games first...............

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 07:50 PM
Can anybody find the link where is says USC ranked 10? by the computer side?

there ya go again

it has every computer rating and also the total computer percentage on the side.

2k2 c5
10/19/2008, 07:53 PM
Not bad enough,