PDA

View Full Version : The Next 3 weeks

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 11:55 AM
The Next 3 weeks should be 3 blow out wins. I think we need to blow all 3 opponents out to help our BCS cause.

@ Kansas State
Nebraska
@ TAMU

None of these teams are ranked nor will they be ranked. I hope the polls don't try and hit us. These are 3 wins we need by 20 + points. Because the Next 2 games will be against Tech, and @ Oklahoma State.

The schedule looks nice for the next 3 weeks. Let's let the other big boys beat each other up.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 12:01 PM
I think these games are huge because it will give our Defense 3 more weeks to get ready for the big games.

PalmBeachSooner
10/19/2008, 01:29 PM
I think these games are huge because it will give our Defense 3 more weeks to get ready for the big games.

I agree. I don't think it's fair to condemn our defense based on the past two games considering who they played. Texas' offense is just on a different level right now and Kansas is a very good offense.

I think we will see the defense blow up some offenses over the next three weeks.

SoonerStormchaser
10/19/2008, 01:31 PM
These next three teams are by no means easy or assured blowouts.

Lest we forget that KSU and aTm ALWAYS give us fits in their houses...and Nebbish isn't that bad of a team.

If we get to Tortilla Tech unscathed and finally gelling on D, that would be HUGE for our chances against the Pirate and Hairgel.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 04:29 PM
We need to get a lot better on Defense these next three weeks.

ousooners182
10/19/2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah at least gain some confidence..

hink4769
10/19/2008, 04:33 PM
I think we should just be happy if we win the next three games, especially KSU and aTm, since they are road games. The way the team is clicking at home, I think we'd beat any team in Norman. If we are going to lose, I think it will be on the road, even if its against one of the crummier teams in the big 12.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 04:39 PM
I think we kill all three upcoming teams. KSU and TAMU are absolutely horrible this year.

We win each game by 20+ points.

We probably have the most confident QB in the land.

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 04:42 PM
We should be able to score at will against Kstate, nebbish and aTm, I hope the only losses TTech and osu have is against texass or each other if any when we play. As much as I hate to admit it, I feel like Barry today on the BCS show. I think texass will go right through osu and ttech. We are the only team they play that can match up athlete for athlete with them on their schedule.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 04:44 PM
I agree but you never know,

Usc vs. Oregon
ole miss vs Florida

Remember these are college athletes they are not perfect.

But ya, I could see Texas winning out. I just don't see Tech losing to both OU and UT ... so that makes me a lil nervous

A 3 way tie is very possible

lloyd45
10/19/2008, 04:48 PM
These next three teams are by no means easy or assured blowouts.

They really should be man. None of these teams should be able to stand on the same field as OU.

aurorasooner
10/19/2008, 04:56 PM
1) The KSU fans always get jacked up to play us previously their players have played dirty as H*ll, and if we go up to the Rotten Apple with a blowout attitude, then this could be a trap upset. I just checked the extended weather forecast and it's "supposed" to be sunny next Saturday, with light winds, which is good, but who knows. It's getting close to November in the Big 12 and I hope that KW continues to improve our running game.
2) Nebraska is improving under Pelini. A couple of weeks ago, I would've thought that we would hang 70 or 80 on them in Norman, but after they took Tech to OT in Lubbock, I don't know. 3) Just like KSU aTm will be jacked up. That aTm QB throwing downfiled on Tech yesterday reminded me of that one-hit-wonder Reggie McNeill (McNeal-?) scalding us back when Mike Stoops was here. There was some heavy-weight hitting going on in that Tech/aTm game yesterday. These 3 teams are going to give us their best shot, and if the KSU game is close and not a blowout as expected, then we'd better buckle-up. We definitely need to put each of these games away before halftime and avoid any further injuries, especially on defense.

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 05:36 PM
By the time we play aTm they will have already quit.

I'm just saying we should beat each team by 20 + points, not just because we should, BUT BECAUSE WE HAVE TO. People still don't realize that "a win is not a win" in college football.

I know it's still a game and we have to play. But these next 3 weeks we really have a great opportunity to get better on defense, kicking game, special teams, hell even break in some more WRs.

Our schedule sets up nicely for the next 3 weeks. And we need to get better.

kevpks
10/19/2008, 05:53 PM
Our defense showed positive signs in the 2nd half yesterday. That string of 3rd down stops was impressive. I think Nic Harris will settle in nicely to his new spot over the next three games. Plus, that will give us time to hopefully coach up some other linebackers.

On another note, I hope we pull the redshirt on Tress Way if the kicking problems continue. We did it with Hartley and shouldn't hesitate to do it again with a kicker. I am not that concerned about our kicking situation three years from now at the moment.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2008, 06:15 PM
I ve got Trey DiCarlo on speed dial if Bob wants to give him a call