PDA

View Full Version : I have an Idea

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 09:08 AM
Our defense is struggling really bad so let's try and keep them on the field as much as we can during the game by running a hurry-up offense. :confused:

adoniijahsooner
10/19/2008, 09:17 AM
Our defense is struggling really bad so let's try and keep them on the field as much as we can during the game by running a hurry-up offense. :confused:

Almost 700 yards of offense, which could have been closer to 800 if passes were caught, and your complaining about the offense.

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 09:43 AM
Almost 700 yards of offense, which could have been closer to 800 if passes were caught, and your complaining about the offense.

Where was I complaining about offense? Slow it the f down. We have the best QB in the country he can put those numbers up while running the clock, we don't have to trick it up to execute.

BermudaSooner
10/19/2008, 09:45 AM
Where was I complaining about offense? Slow it the f down. We have the best QB in the country he can put those numbers up while running the clock, we don't have to trick it up to execute.

Any possibility we are racking up such numbers is because we are running a hurry-up...any chance? Just a thought.

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 09:49 AM
Sure it helps a little by not allowing some defensive adjustments, but I beleive Bradford and OUr speed and size downfield would put up big numbers anyway. They can keep going hurry up but they could then switch sets more to confuse and run the clock. We need to keep the D off of the field as much as possible.

Sooner Stew
10/19/2008, 09:49 AM
you dont know **** about the game of football man...your threads are pathetic...i absolutely hate ou fans like you..always looking at the negative

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 09:53 AM
you dont know **** about the game of football man...your threads are pathetic...i absolutely hate ou fans like you..always looking at the negative

Just throwing my two cents in bro. I admit I have gotten spoiled since Stoops got here but I hate watching teams move it up and down the field when I believe we could do a few simple things to help it out.

bri
10/19/2008, 11:55 AM
You remind me of the idiot I wanted to punch at the game yesterday. Just because we run a no-huddle, it's not a hurry-up by nature. If you'd pay attention, you'd see that most plays we're snapping the ball with five seconds on the play clock or so. But then, noticing that sort of thing requires knowing what you're talking about.

Sherpa
10/19/2008, 12:02 PM
KU ran a hurry up, so it all evened out.

85sooners
10/19/2008, 12:09 PM
Our defense is struggling really bad so let's try and keep them on the field as much as we can during the game by running a hurry-up offense. :confused:wake up!!

Charla
10/19/2008, 12:55 PM
I think that if you are pleased with how we played on Defense you are an idiot. We won't get our 8th MNC until we are in the top 5 schools in total D. If these wide open offenses were winning it all tell me how many Tech has. Offense sells tickets and Defense wins championships. Some people think telling the truth is being negative and I guess that is why some people thought George Bush would be good for our country.

misplacedsooner
10/19/2008, 01:01 PM
i cant believe we want to fight amongst ourselves, the man was just stating his opinion based on what he is seeing, i may not see it the same way and others may not either but we have one great thing in common....our team and its a great one.

PalmBeachSooner
10/19/2008, 01:05 PM
I think the defense is doing OK. Did KU ever convert a 3rd down? To me that's a positive. The defense is consistenly getting pressure on the QB, but when you have QBs that are acccurate passers and can make things happen with their feet it's tough to hold them down.

The thing you have to understand is that the Big XII has without a doubt the 5 best QBs in the country who execute their offenses with great efficiency. So when those teams play each other your going to have high scoring games. You might as well get comfortable with it. As long as the offense continues to put up 40+ I feel comfortable with winning those high scoring games.

bri
10/19/2008, 01:23 PM
i cant believe we want to fight amongst ourselves, the man was just stating his opinion based on what he is seeing, i may not see it the same way and others may not either but we have one great thing in common....our team and its a great one.

Yes, but since his opinion was uninformed (not understanding the difference between a no-huddle and a hurry-up), we get to call him on it without some noob trotting out the tired "we're all Sooners!" cliche.

SoonerStormchaser
10/19/2008, 01:28 PM
Bri,
you could've just saved him the time and talked in a simple language that he'd understand:
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/picard-no-facepalm.jpg
or
http://audioseek.net/~hiryu/4chan/picard-expression.jpeg

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 01:33 PM
You remind me of the idiot I wanted to punch at the game yesterday. Just because we run a no-huddle, it's not a hurry-up by nature. If you'd pay attention, you'd see that most plays we're snapping the ball with five seconds on the play clock or so. But then, noticing that sort of thing requires knowing what you're talking about.

You don't run 97 offensive plays in a football game unless you are running up-tempo dumbass.

SoonerStormchaser
10/19/2008, 01:35 PM
Boomer, I don't think he was talking to you...I think it was the dude who is now in the red.

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 01:43 PM
Boomer, I don't think he was talking to you...I think it was the dude who is now in the red.

Looked like it to me..I'm the one that said we are running a hurry-up offense (up tempo) whatever you want to call it. I damn sure never said we are running a two-minute drill or a jail break. My only point was to say. We need to milk more time off of the clock to help out our D..appologies if he wasn't.