PDA

View Full Version : I have not coached defense in 7 years...

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2008, 04:23 AM
but I can almost guarantee I can coach the talent OU has about as good as BJW and BV are doing.

Sorry, but I have moved from keeping it all on the downlow before Texas to full blown Stoops needs to reconsider BV or BJW!

I love Bob Stoops and Sooner Athletics.
But what I have seen the last two weeks and against the last 3 ranked opponents is something I would expect to see from Lubebutt, Tx or Texas Tech!

Yes, the Offense did a great job. And overall the Defense did what it needed to do to win the game. However, we have already seen what can happen if we are not scoring all the time, while our defense is giving up a ton of points and yards.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2008, 04:34 AM
I know we are inexperienced and we have our Field General on defense out. I also understand that we have faced two of the top 4 offenses we will see this season. But you cannot tell me that the talent or the players we have are this mediocre in their respective points in their careers. The Dline is playing great. The linebacking corps, outside of Lewis, is flat out bad. The CBs are okay and may end up being great. But this is overall ridiculous.

Maybe I am just spoiled since we have had some great defenses. But when you look at it, we have only been great in a couple big games and agaisnt the lesser competition.

And with all that said, you cannot put this all on the players, since the players have changed since 2004.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 06:25 AM
BTW...we won yesterday.

Also...you might not like what your seeing but there's not much we can do about it at this point.

Thanks to God that we have such a potent Offense.

I know lots of you wish the D was better and it's unnerving to see a dogfight every week...

But we are a really good team...

Man can we light up the scoreboard or what?

The run game was better yesterday and for a minute I thought we might have lost Travis Lewis....MAN WHAT A HIT!

Good to see both guys get up after that one...

Wow.

My neck hurts from watching that one...

OU-HSV
10/19/2008, 07:50 AM
BTW...we won yesterday.

Also...you might not like what your seeing but there's not much we can do about it at this point.

I know lots of you wish the D was better and it's unnerving to see a dogfight every week...

The run game was better yesterday and for a minute I thought we might have lost Travis Lewis....MAN WHAT A HIT!

Wow.

Yeah that Travis Lewis deal looked a little bad. Couldn't tell if he got a concussion or hurt his neck. Looked like he started to get up, then went to the ground again.

And I agree, thank God for our powerful offense

Widescreen
10/19/2008, 07:58 AM
And I agree, thank God for our powerful offense
We're starting to sound like OSU fans (and with cause). :(

wishbonesooner
10/19/2008, 08:07 AM
It's strange that the guy we all crticized last season as the reason our D wasn't good is now the guy we just cant do without.
I dont know what the problem is, but we used to be known for our tough defense. That's not the case today, but it doesn't concern Bob apparently.

badger
10/19/2008, 08:08 AM
Easy guys. This was our growing pains game on D, where we replace the heart and soul of the D with a Safety, and bring in another safety that has only played on special teams! It will get better.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 08:16 AM
It's strange that the guy we all crticized last season as the reason our D wasn't good is now the guy we just cant do without.
I dont know what the problem is, but we used to be known for our tough defense. That's not the case today, but it doesn't concern Bob apparently.

I don't think that's true at all.

I was isolating on Venables yesterday and Bob is watching what's going on.

Losing Reynolds hurt us.

Yesterday we played another good QB.

Not good enough though.

Everyone bashing the D after last week was clearly saying that Mangino would hit us just like Brown and McCoy did and that we were doomed.

We held them to 24 points exactly one week since losing our Defensive Leader (Reynolds). We won. It wasn't pretty...but we won and OUr Offense lit them up.

Sam set at least one record yesterday and his numbers are off the chart.

The worst thing that happened yesterday IMO is that texas, suc, bama & penn st. didn't lose.

OU-HSV
10/19/2008, 08:25 AM
I don't think that's true at all.

I was isolating on Venables yesterday and Bob is watching what's going on.

Losing Reynolds hurt us.

Yesterday we played another good QB.

Not good enough though.

Everyone bashing the D after last week was clearly saying that Mangino would hit us just like Brown and McCoy did and that we were doomed.

We held them to 24 points exactly one week since losing our Defensive Leader (Reynolds). We won. It wasn't pretty...but we won and OUr Offense lit them up.

Sam set at least one record yesterday and his numbers are off the chart.

The worst thing that happened yesterday IMO is that texas, suc, bama & penn st. didn't lose.

I understand where you're coming from. And I too hope Stoops is isolating BV and talking to him behind doors about doing a better job, or mixing things up, or simplifying things (whatever needs to be done).

Problem is I was listening to a replay of the Tuesday presser when Stoops was being interviewed and he was saying we didn't really seem to give any big plays up against texass. I however think we did give big plays up vs. texass. Shipley had big plays, even if they were short catches, his YAC had to be huge. And the long run by their RB was a big play and a backbreaker at that. Hell, I watched the Stoops coaches show and Stoops himself even called that a backbreaker.
And even if we didn't allow "big plays", how about stopping all the short plays that ended up driving our D all the way down the field and scoring anyways?
And furthermore, even if we didn't give up big plays vs. texass, we sure did against KU yesterday.

But I still am glad to see some change from BV with the Nic Harris move and the Quinton Carter move, I think that aspect of our D will end up working in the long run.

BermudaSooner
10/19/2008, 08:27 AM
Hold on. KU is potent, that is one hell of an offense and Reising is damn good.

One of their scores Jackson just fell down--not really fair to blame the D on that.

Another TD was garbage time with some back-ups, and unless you bet the game doesn't matter.

We moved a safety to the most important position on the defense and held our own. The second half we were good on defense.

Against Texas our D gave up 38 points, lost our best defender, and without some breaks (penalties, a non-interception) we give up less points. Look what Texas did to Mizzou's D.

our defense isn't as good as it has been over the last few years, but we're good enough to win the rest of our games.

TXBOOMER
10/19/2008, 09:05 AM
Excuses are like a-holes. The bottom line is OUr defense is very mediocre which is not good enough for our program with the recruiting we've had. OUr coaching staff should have had back-up LB's prepared to come in case of an injury and do at least a decent job. Why should we have to mave our safety to middle LB and then bring in a back-up to fill safety. Bob should have got rid of his best bud long ago. I would love to see what BV's defenses have done against top 25 teams and bowl games over the past three years.

Sooner Stew
10/19/2008, 09:18 AM
you are a fu<kin idiot man...our d made big plays all game yesterday...yeah we had a few breakdowns on runs up the middle but this was a very solid game by the d

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 11:20 AM
Easy guys. This was our growing pains game on D, where we replace the heart and soul of the D with a Safety, and bring in another safety that has only played on special teams! It will get better.

The problem is we have growing pains on defense every year. When can we expect BV to actually put a defense together that is ready to get the job done?

the_ouskull
10/19/2008, 02:43 PM
The KU game was not a "very solid game" on D. It was a game, and some defense was played...

- Don't allow the 2-12 on 3rd down conversions stat fool you into thinking we played great D. We allowed them 8.5 yards per pass, and 4.5 yards per run. Yeah, we held them on some 3rd downs, but in many cases, we ONLY held them on 3rd downs.

- We allowed one receiver to go for almost 300 yards. Not a QB. A receiver. It seems that almost every week, we have had a receiver have a career day against our D. How is that "very solid?" This armor started cracking in the Rashaun Woods days.

Having a defensive player have a great game (Holmes - wow) isn't the same thing as having a "very solid defensive effort." Our defense hasn't been up to snuff all season long, and we're just now starting to play teams that can prove that on a week-in, week-out basis. Against Tech, (Crabtree) OSU (Bryant), and whoever we play in the last two games of the year (the Big 12, if we make it) and the bowl game, I'm afraid it will continue to be a huge problem. We can't rely on one or two players to continue to step it up week after week. We need the entire defense acting as one unit and stepping it up together. And, by "entire defense" I mean the coordinators too...

the_ouskull

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2008, 02:57 PM
BTW...we won yesterday.

Wow.

There is no question that we are a good team. But our defense is being outcoaches and is out of shape. Our Special Teams is anything but good.

We are a good team, but we have witnessed that we are not a great team. We will not win a championship with this team, which is far more talented than any team we have ever fielded at OU, until our defense can prove it has the ability to shutdown teams that can shoot it out with us.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2008, 03:05 PM

One of their scores Jackson just fell down--not really fair to blame the D on that.

Another TD was garbage time with some back-ups, and unless you bet the game doesn't matter.

We moved a safety to the most important position on the defense and held our own. The second half we were good on defense.

Against Texas our D gave up 38 points, lost our best defender, and without some breaks (penalties, a non-interception) we give up less points. Look what Texas did to Mizzou's D.

our defense isn't as good as it has been over the last few years, but we're good enough to win the rest of our games.

1. It doesnt matter how the points are scored or when. Fact is we are 2 INTs deep into our own terrority away froma 45-45 game.

2. Yes the trip of Jackson was a fluke. However, that stuff occurs. You cannot put it on the defense. But thank god there was at least one play we don't have to put on the defense.

3. We have talent. Though it may be youthful. A coach's job is to get that talent ready to play at moments notice. Our coaches must never have thought that an injury prone young man will not get hurt. I hate losing Reynolds, but we did. The coaches should have had someone, besides a safety, that could have been ready to play the middle if something like this happened. They didn't. This is not the players fault. This is the coaching staff's fault.

4. If the young players are having a tough time adjusting and learning the complexity of our defense, maybe it is time to simplify it. We had to do it on offense in 2005 for our QBs. We had to do it in 2006 because of a new QB. We had to do it last year because of a freshman QB. But we cannot do it on defense, even when loaded with first year players?

Overall this team is very good, but it seems we have coaches that are not going to change anything because they are...1. inept or 2. Hardheaded.

I hope it is #2.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2008, 03:16 PM
you are a fu<kin idiot man...our d made big plays all game yesterday...yeah we had a few breakdowns on runs up the middle but this was a very solid game by the d

Did you watch the game?

We gave up nearly 500 yards and 31 points. The score was a mere inches from being 45-45.

Yes, the defense played a solid second half thanks to our DLine. However, the LBs and DBS were **** poor most, if not, all game long.

I credit two things...Kansas' offense and OU's brillance of a defensive coaching staff.

We need to do 2 things...

1. Create a position for Bbby Jack Wright. He is to valuable to lose, but he sucks as a coach.
2. We don't necessarily need to fire Venables, but we do need to find someone that compliments him, like Mike Stoops did. BV is a good position coach, but a mediocre DC when he has full control over the defense.

sooner13f
10/19/2008, 03:29 PM

Great post! I am more worried about the special teams play than the D.

The Remnant
10/19/2008, 03:31 PM
For what it's worth.
Average ranking of OU defense under Mike Stoops(1999-2003) Total Defense... 13th
Average ranking of OU defense under Brent Venables (2004-2007) Total Defense... 17th
Average ranking of OU pass defense under Mike Stoops.... 17th
Average ranking of OU pass defense under Brent Venables...51st

OUmillenium
10/19/2008, 04:07 PM
Average talent available to Mike Stoops?

Massive amount of top ranked talent available to BV?

hmmm

Bosley
10/19/2008, 04:13 PM
Remember the days before the 2004 NC game?

The best offenses in the country would be held to under ten points.

Washington State in the rose bowl, 77-0 A&M, all the RRR games.

Oh those were the good ol days.

PLaw
10/19/2008, 04:23 PM
BTW...we won yesterday.

Wow.

These Sooners are a really, really good offense. However, they are fairly poor on special teams and very suspect on defense.

They still gave up a 40 yard kick off return to KU after working really, really hard on special teams all week. Moreover, the field goal kicker has not shown to be consistent.

Finally, I've been doing my best to make excuses for the defense, but at this point in the season this group is not championship caliber. Watching what Texass did to Mizzery last night, they totally dominated the tiggers in the first half. The Sooners need to dominate a really good offense and they will have their chance against ttu and osu.

Yep, the Sooners are one third of a really good team.

BOOMER

IronSooner
10/19/2008, 05:36 PM
For what it's worth.
Average ranking of OU defense under Mike Stoops(1999-2003) Total Defense... 13th
Average ranking of OU defense under Brent Venables (2004-2007) Total Defense... 17th

Yep. Think back to the last time when OU's defense was considered scary, or dominant. Does anyone here really, REALLY believe OU's defense is dominant?

Remember when Norman was the place where Heisman hopes went to die? When was the last time you could say that?

I'm not saying anybody needs to get fired, but changes do need to be made. I don't see how anyone can argue against that. And after the past several years, it's not the players. The players have come and gone, and our defensive issues have stayed the same.

PLaw
10/19/2008, 06:26 PM
Yep. Think back to the last time when OU's defense was considered scary, or dominant. Does anyone here really, REALLY believe OU's defense is dominant?

I'm not saying anybody needs to get fired, but changes do need to be made. I don't see how anyone can argue against that. And after the past several years, it's not the players. The players have come and gone, and our defensive issues have stayed the same.

Let's see, we are that time of year where Bob comes out and sez "I have full confidence in our coaches, but I will be getting more involved with defense over the upcoming weeks."

BOOMER

sooneron
10/19/2008, 09:13 PM

Remember when Norman was the place where Heisman hopes went to die? When was the last time you could say that?

I believe 05 was when BJW took over the dbs?

Johnny Utah
10/19/2008, 09:18 PM

Why do you all think that it's not a priority for the program to have an intimidating or dominant defense ... shouldn't the talent be there?

sooneron
10/19/2008, 09:19 PM
For what it's worth.

One thing that skews that, is the proliferation of spread passing teams in the Big 12. Back in 02, what teams were passing a lot besides teck? Texas did little, but they were more of a pro style. You could say osu, since they burned us for 38 and made the resident Defensive God M Stoops look clueless for putting Bassey at a position he was ill prepared for.
RC pulls whatshisname for Reggie and we look clueless.
We are in the age of the offensive guru playing NCAA on an XBox and qbs everywhere are lighting it up.

I've looked it up, the past couple of years, the quality of offense that we have played has gone up drastically.

edit: Of course, that competition should only account for about 10 spots in the stat rankings for us. Which goes back to my BJW question.

bluedogok
10/19/2008, 09:33 PM
I haven't seen any "scary" defenses this season in all of college football. Everyone is giving up more points per game than we are used to seeing unless it is just against a pathetic offensive team like the 3-2 Miss. State-Auburn game. The traditional defensive powers are all giving up more points than they have in recent seasons. There is too much talent spread around anymore to expect to hold everyone down like they used to. Most of it is offenses have jumped ahead of the defenses, in a year or two the defenses will catch up and that is how it has always been.

PLaw
10/19/2008, 09:54 PM
For what it's worth.

For what it is worth, Mikey's little wildcats are No. 19 in total defense going in to this week's game with SUC.

BOOMER

Jdog
10/19/2008, 09:56 PM
Average talent available to Mike Stoops?

Massive amount of top ranked talent available to BV?

hmmm

When you hear Tommy Harris, Nicholeson and Ayodel talk about how little they had to learned at OU to prepare them for the NFL - you've got to be concerned.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 10:08 PM
That texas loss has really messed some of you up...IMO.

I think we have a great Offense. We went 7 for 16 on 3rd and long though. We need to quit getting into so many 3rd down situations IMO. 7 for 8 in the Red Zone folks.

Moreland is getting better at his kickoffs IMO. He had 3 touchbacks. There was one run back for 41 yards but no points were given up. Stoops gave Jimmy Stevens a kickoff in the 4th qtr (kickoff 48 yards to the KU22, Stuckey, Darrel return 17 yards to the KU39)

I hope we don't have to put it on the line with a Field Goal anytime soon but it was good to see us get a couple in Saturday. There is nothing like Game Experience to get that part of OUr game improved. It still needs improvement though.

Mike Knall's punts all went well. I think there was one high snap but he handled it. All his punts were downed by fair catch. Would be nice to see him get some length on them though.

Special Teams improved folks.

They weren't perfect but they weren't letting points on the board Saturday.

Defense. 5 sacks and two INTs. Not enough hurries IMO. I also think that Reesing is very good or we would have had more sacks. Jacksons slip cost us a TD. I'm sure he'll work on that. If he hadn't had that happen...KU would have been held to 3 TDs. Going into this game Saturday...if you had told me we hold them to 3...I wouldn't have felt good about it.

Are we a GREAT TEAM?

No.

Are we 1/3rd of a good team?

You've got to be kidding me.

Put the texas game behind you and remember...

We just played the 5th ranked and 15th ranked Teams in the NCAA. TCU is also in the Top 25.

That's 3 out of 4 ranked teams in the last 4 weeks.

I'm glad we're through it...I wish we we're undefeated....but...we're not.

I'm planning right now to go up to Manhattan and root the Team on.

Hopefully Stoops will get OUr guys chins back up and we put the hurt on KState. I hate going into that place.

Don't tailgate to heavy when you go there...party once it's in the bag.

Just my 2 cents.

ST

Desert Sapper
10/19/2008, 10:28 PM
Saying our pass D is worse now than it was in the MS era is the equivalent of saying our pass D in the MS era was worse than it was in the mid '80s. The more pass happy attacks you see, the harder it becomes to keep the yardage down. The kids in the secondary right now look a lot like the aggressive playmakers we saw in the early part of this decade. As they get more experience, things will turn around. Sooner rather than later. I still don't expect to see the pass D numbers improve terribly until everybody in the Big 12 goes back to run-based offenses. Could be a few decades before we see that.

Sooner98
10/19/2008, 10:36 PM
Current rankings among Big 12 teams in scoring defense:

1. Texas
2. OSU
3. OU

Current rankings among Big 12 teams in total defensive yardage:

1. OU
2. Texas
3. OSU

Carry on.

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 11:27 PM

Dude I put you in the red . Others can turn you green if they want . But untill you quit with the Name Calling and start Talkin Football . Ill keep you red .:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 11:55 PM
To all those that have told me they want Neg this Idjit . You do Know hes Made other Posts calling Folks Names here ? Right ?

Salt City Sooner
10/20/2008, 12:23 AM
For what it is worth, Mikey's little wildcats are No. 19 in total defense going in to this week's game with SUC.

BOOMER
Arizona's schedule to this point:

Idaho- #86 in total offense (out of 119 FBS teams)

Toledo- #97

New Mexico- #78

UCLA- #103

Washington- #95

Stanford- #85

Cal- #31

That's an average of the 82nd ranked offense in the nation. Take away one game (Cal) & it plummets to the #91 offense. Nope, no correlation between those #'s & UA's 19th ranked D at all.......

By comparison, OU's schedule, minus the game vs. FCS member UT-Chatt.:

Cincy- #39

Washington- #95

TCU- #38

Baylor- #54

UT- #10

KU- #14

Average- #42. Lose the #95 ranking of U-Dub @ it's #31. Again, I'm sure there's no correlation. I would also offer a pretty solid hunch that Cincy & TCU would both be higher had their QB's (& in Cincy's case, top 2 QB's) not missed significant playing time. Grutza obviously hasn't played since breaking his leg against us back in week 2, & Dalton returned to QB TCU to that butt kicking of BYU after missing the 2 previous games.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2008, 05:09 AM
I haven't seen any "scary" defenses this season in all of college football. Everyone is giving up more points per game than we are used to seeing unless it is just against a pathetic offensive team like the 3-2 Miss. State-Auburn game. The traditional defensive powers are all giving up more points than they have in recent seasons. There is too much talent spread around anymore to expect to hold everyone down like they used to. Most of it is offenses have jumped ahead of the defenses, in a year or two the defenses will catch up and that is how it has always been.

I am going back to 2000 and I am only giving the top 5 in each...

Scoring Offenses...
1. Boise State 44.91 ppg
2. Miami, FL 42.64 ppg
3. Florida State 42.42 ppg
4. Nebraska 41.45 ppg
5. Virginia Tech 40.27 ppg
Average = 42.34 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. TCU 9.6 ppg
2. Florida State 10.3 ppg
3. Toledo 11.4 ppg
4. Western Michigan 11.6 ppg
5. Miami, FL 15.5 ppg
Average = 11.68 ppg

Scoring Offenses...
1. BYU 46.77 ppg
2. Florida 43.82 ppg
3. Miami, FL 43.18 ppg
4. Fresno St 40.38 ppg
5. Hawaii 40.25 ppg
Average = 42.88 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. Miami 9.4 ppg
2. Virginia Tech 13.4 ppg
3. Texas 13.7 ppg
4. Oklahoma 13.8 ppg
5. Florida 14.1 ppg
Average = 12.88 ppg

Scoring Offenses...
1. Boise State 45.62 ppg
2. Kansas State 44.77 ppg
3. Bowling Green 40.83 ppg
4. Miami 40.54 ppg
5. Oklahoma 38.64 ppg
Average = 42.08 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. Kansas State 11.8 ppg
2. Ohio State 13.1 ppg
3. North Texas 14.8 ppg
4. Georgia 15.1 ppg
5. Alabama 15.4 ppg
Average = 14.04

Scoring Offenses...
1. Miami, OH 43.00 ppg
1. Boise State 43.00 ppg
3. Oklahoma 42.93 ppg
4. Texas Tech 42.46 ppg
5. USC 41.08 ppg
Average = 42.94 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. LSU 11.0 ppg
2. Nebrask 14.5 ppg
2. Georgia 14.5 ppg
4. Miami, FL 15.1 ppg
5. Oklahoma 15.3 ppg
Average = 14.08

Scoring Offenses...
1. Louisville 49.75 ppg
2. Boise State 48.92 ppg
3. Utah 45.33 ppg
4. Bowling Green 44.33 ppg
5. Fresno State 40.17 ppg
Average = 45.70 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. Auburn 11.3 ppg
2. Virginia Tech 12.8 ppg
3. USC 13.0 ppg
4. Florida State 14.1 ppg
5. Penn State 15.3 ppg
Average = 13.30 ppg

Scoring Offenses...
1. Texas 50.15 ppg
2. USC 49.08 ppg
3. Louisville 43.42 ppg
4. Texas Tech 39.42 ppg
5. UCLA 39.08 ppg
Average = 44.23

Scoring Defenses...
1. Alabama 10.7 ppg
2. Virginia Tech 12.9 ppg
3. LSU 14.2 ppg
4. Miami 14.3 ppg
5. Ohio State 15.3 ppg
Average = 13.48 ppg

Scoring Offenses...
1. Hawaii 46.86 ppg
2. Boise State 39.69 ppg
3. West Virginia 38.85 ppg
4. Louisville 37.77 ppg
5. BYU 36.77 ppg
Average = 39.99 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. Virginia Tech 11.0 ppg
2. Wisconsin 12.1 ppg
3. TCU 12.3 ppg
4. LSU 12.6 ppg
5. Ohio State 12.8 ppg
Average = 12.16 ppg

Scoring Offenses...
1. Hawaii 43.38 ppg
2. Kansas 42.77 ppg
3. Florida 42.46 ppg
4. Boise State 42.38 ppg
5. Oklahoma 42.29 ppg
Average = 42.66 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. Ohio State 12.8 ppg
2. USC 16.0 ppg
3. Virginia Tech 16.1 ppg
4. Kansas 16.4 ppg
5. Utah 16.8 ppg
Average = 15.62 ppg

So far in 2008
Scoring Offenses...
1. Tulsa 56.57 ppg
2. Texas 48.14 ppg
3. Oklahoma 46.86 ppg
4. Oklahoma State 46.43 ppg
5. Texas Tech 45.86 ppg
5. Missouri 45.86 ppg
Average = 48.27 ppg

Scoring Defenses...
1. USC 7.8 ppg
2. Boise State 10.5 ppg
3. TCU 10.9 ppg
4. Iowa 11.5 ppg
5.Georgia Tech 11.6 ppg
Average = 10.46 ppg

What do you get from this? Before 2008, there really has not been a big jump in offensive points per game compared to defensive points per game. 2008 shows a huge jump in points score when it comes to the top 5 scoring offenses. However, the top 5 scoring defenses are also not allowing as many.

My point. Your opinion is flawed.

Sooner Stew
10/20/2008, 04:03 PM
Did you watch the game?

We gave up nearly 500 yards and 31 points. The score was a mere inches from being 45-45.

Yes, the defense played a solid second half thanks to our DLine. However, the LBs and DBS were **** poor most, if not, all game long.

I credit two things...Kansas' offense and OU's brillance of a defensive coaching staff.

We need to do 2 things...

1. Create a position for Bbby Jack Wright. He is to valuable to lose, but he sucks as a coach.
2. We don't necessarily need to fire Venables, but we do need to find someone that compliments him, like Mike Stoops did. BV is a good position coach, but a mediocre DC when he has full control over the defense.

you just don't understand that the big 12 has a new breed of offenses man and with mangino's genius playcalling ability I think the D played a hell of a game regardless of how many useless yards we gave up...and how in the hell can you say the db's played **** poor because if im not mistaken they made turnovers when they needed them...lendy holmes played the best game of his life...as for linebackers we need some work but its not because venables doesnt have the right game plan...its because of inexperience and each game i guarantee that our linebackers will improve...how in the hell was the game mere inches from being 45 to 45? YOu fu<kin idiot we had the damn scrubs in for half of the 4th quarter...if the first team wouldve stayed in the whole game we couldve scored 60 or more...quit bit<hin

void
10/20/2008, 04:17 PM
Sounds to me like some of you are just bandwagon bitches. I for one looked at the BCS rankings released yesterday and saw that the boys were ranked #4...

Whats the problem here?

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without. ~Confucius

Boomer Sooner!

Sooner Stew
10/20/2008, 04:19 PM
Oh and by the way OU Sooners 75 I was AT the game bro...were you?

Sooner Stew
10/20/2008, 04:25 PM
I havent missed a home game in 13 years bro...when did you become an OU fan OU sooners 75? I bet your just another bandwagon fan that started rooting for the troops in 2000...well you know what im sick of all of you bandwagon fans bit<hin...find another team...because if i even start to think ou's d is a bad one...i think back to the mid 90's when we had blake and a drunk *** for a coach...thats when it was fu<kin bad...geez man you're pathetic:hot:

CK Sooner
10/20/2008, 04:29 PM
I havent missed a home game in 13 years bro...when did you become an OU fan OU sooners 75? I bet your just another bandwagon fan that started rooting for the troops in 2000...well you know what im sick of all of you bandwagon fans bit<hin...find another team...because if i even start to think ou's d is a bad one...i think back to the mid 90's when we had blake and a drunk *** for a coach...thats when it was fu<kin bad...geez man you're pathetic:hot:

:pop:

C&CDean
10/20/2008, 04:52 PM
This one needs to go too. Say buh bye. Buh bye.