PDA

View Full Version : If you escaped from prison in Oklahoma

salth2o
10/18/2008, 09:03 PM
would you hide out in Spring, TX? I think I would be laid up on some beach in a country that does not extradite people back to the US.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou081018_rm_oklahoma-fugitive-found.1259159cc.html

Chuck Bao
10/18/2008, 09:24 PM
Agree. But, that country is NOT Thailand.

Thai police like nothing better than to make international news and have their picture taken with fugitive US criminals.

This is a public service announcement for US citizens on the lam.

salth2o
10/18/2008, 09:58 PM
Noted. Thanks!

Penguin
10/18/2008, 10:37 PM
I think I would be laid up on some beach in a country that does not extradite people back to the US.

Um. Just for kicks, you know, just for entertainment purposes and such, um, where could I get such a list of countries?

salth2o
10/18/2008, 10:47 PM
Um. Just for kicks, you know, just for entertainment purposes and such, um, where could I get such a list of countries?

Not a list of great destinations.

Countries which do not have extradition treaties but do maintain
diplomatic relations with the US are Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia,
Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bophuthatswana, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi,
Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China (People's
Republic of China), Ciskei, The Comors, Cote d' Ivoire, Djibouti,
Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia,
Jordan, Korea (South), Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali,
Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Maldova, Mongolia,
Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Principe and San Tome, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saudi
Arabia, Senegal, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Samoa,
Yemen, Zaire, and Zimbabwe.

royalfan5
10/18/2008, 10:48 PM
Namibia always seems to be a popular destination for high dollar fugitives.

salth2o
10/18/2008, 10:49 PM
I have your back! If my T-shirt business takes off, I will give you a cut. :)

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/3576/penshirtul9.th.jpg (http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=penshirtul9.jpg)http://img356.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9606/penshirt2zs1.th.jpg (http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=penshirt2zs1.jpg)http://img356.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Chuck Bao
10/18/2008, 10:59 PM

I'd google that for you, Penguin, but I really don't want to be put on some list.

But, if someone wants to go through the trouble. My criteria would be:

Tropical with good beaches
Cheap cost of living
International banks
Safe enough so decent crooks don't get robbed
Large enough population to blend in.
Backwater enough, but not too backwater
Non-muslim and no stoning, beheading or throwing the gays down from the mountain

Chuck Bao
10/18/2008, 11:22 PM

Countries which do not have extradition treaties but do maintain
diplomatic relations with the US are Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia,
Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bophuthatswana, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi,
Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China (People's
Republic of China), Ciskei, The Comors, Cote d' Ivoire, Djibouti,
Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia,
Jordan, Korea (South), Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali,
Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Maldova, Mongolia,
Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Principe and San Tome, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saudi
Arabia, Senegal, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Samoa,
Yemen, Zaire, and Zimbabwe.

Okay, I see that salth2o already posted the list.

I have only been to four countries on the list - China, Burma, Laos and Indonesia. I speak Laos but it would be very hard to blend in there. So, out of these four, I vote Indonesia. Even though it is predominiately muslim, they don't practice sharia law. And, Indonesia has a relatively large expatriate population and a lot of remote islands.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 06:54 AM

Thai police like nothing better than to make international news and have their picture taken with fugitive US criminals.

Heh.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4607/doc44e404dbe69a0586314425cq0.jpg

Okla-homey
10/19/2008, 08:13 AM

But, Thailand is still the international destination of choice for freaky sexy men and pedophiles with means. So its got that going for it.;)

Chuck Bao
10/19/2008, 09:52 AM
But, Thailand is still the international destination of choice for freaky sexy men and pedophiles with means. So its got that going for it.;)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I want to neg you for the rest of eternity for perpetuating that image of Thailand. Alright, it is not your doing and there is some truth to it.

There is also some truth in sting operations and gangs (including the police) that blackmail foreigners. So, if this serves as a warning for those people to stay away from Thailand, then it's all good. ;)

Okla-homey
10/19/2008, 11:08 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I want to neg you for the rest of eternity for perpetuating that image of Thailand. Alright, it is not your doing and there is some truth to it.

There is also some truth in sting operations and gangs (including the police) that blackmail foreigners. So, if this serves as a warning for those people to stay away from Thailand, then it's all good. ;)

Simple question. True or false. I ask because I was only in Thailand once, about fifteen years ago, and things may have changed. Here goes: Can an American or European man still enter any number of Bangkok bars today and arrange for secks with a 14 y/o girl or boy with equal ease, and without fear of the local authorities?

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2008, 11:16 AM
Simple question. True or false. I ask because I was only in Thailand once, about fifteen years ago, and things may have changed. Here goes: Can an American or European man still enter any number of Bangkok bars today and arrange for secks with a 14 y/o girl or boy with equal ease, and without fear of the local authorities?

Are you thinking of making a return trip? ;)

Chuck Bao
10/19/2008, 01:16 PM
I CAN SAY ABSOLUTELY NOT. NEGATIVE. NO. FALSE.

That is illegal. And, unless you want an extended stay in Thailand at Kong Prem (aka Bangkok Hilton), I highly suggest nobody ever try it.

And, I think the US, like Australia and many other countries, have made sex offenses committed in Thailand as punishable in their land. So, if you happened to get away with it here in Thailand, your own country could and would lock you up and you’d be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

I suppose that if you were looking for that sort of thing, you could find it in any country in the world. But, your choice of words were “any number of Bangkok bars today” and “equal ease”. Again, I have to say “NO”.

I was in Thailand 15 years ago and I don’t ever remember going to any girly go-go bar and meeting anyone younger than 18 years old. Maybe, you listened to the touts trying to lure you into some place with "young girls, young girls, young girls". That is pretty disgusting and shameful, I agree.

Okla-homey
10/19/2008, 02:20 PM
I CAN SAY ABSOLUTELY NOT. NEGATIVE. NO. FALSE.

That is illegal. And, unless you want an extended stay in Thailand at Kong Prem (aka Bangkok Hilton), I highly suggest nobody ever try it.

And, I think the US, like Australia and many other countries, have made sex offenses committed in Thailand as punishable in their land. So, if you happened to get away with it here in Thailand, your own country could and would lock you up and you’d be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

I suppose that if you were looking for that sort of thing, you could find it in any country in the world. But, your choice of words were “any number of Bangkok bars today” and “equal ease”. Again, I have to say “NO”.

I was in Thailand 15 years ago and I don’t ever remember going to any girly go-go bar and meeting anyone younger than 18 years old. Maybe, you listened to the touts trying to lure you into some place with "young girls, young girls, young girls". That is pretty disgusting and shameful, I agree.

well alrighty then. I stand corrected.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2008, 03:31 PM

I think Russia is the best bet based on that list.

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2008, 04:26 PM
Bahrain isn't too bad, I've been there several times. Believe it or not, there is an excellent Mexican food restaurant there called Senor Paco's. It might be camel meat, but it was damn good. As a bonus, alcohol and the English language are plentiful there.

Rogue
10/19/2008, 04:31 PM
Western Samoa?

salth2o
10/19/2008, 04:53 PM
I think the Cape Verde Islands would be my destination.

Penguin
10/19/2008, 04:54 PM
I think Russia is the best bet based on that list.

Something wrong with the Marshall Islands?

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2008, 05:00 PM
Something wrong with the Marshall Islands?

I didn't think anyone actually lived on the Marshall Islands.

salth2o
10/19/2008, 05:03 PM
I didn't think anyone actually lived on the Marshall Islands.

Of all the choices, that may be the best reason to go there. Just take along a PYT and life would be grand!

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2008, 05:06 PM
Of all the choices, that may be the best reason to go there. Just take along a PYT and life would be grand!

Evidently there are 60k people on the Marshall Islands. Personally, I'd love to spend a week or so on a deserted island but I need the creature comforts of civilization. Russia at least has everything you'd need from a modern society.

salth2o
10/19/2008, 05:08 PM
Evidently there are 60k people on the Marshall Islands. Personally, I'd love to spend a week or so on a deserted island but I need the creature comforts of civilization. Russia at least has everything you'd need from a modern society.

And some Russian babes are really hawt!

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2008, 05:09 PM
And some Russian babes are really hawt!

Cheap vodka, easy women, cheap standard of living (outside of Moscow). What's not to like? Except for the quasi-dictatorship that may yet plunge the world into a third world war...

Oh and the Russian mob. Those guys mean business.

salth2o
10/19/2008, 05:11 PM
Except for the quasi-dictatorship that may yet plunge the world into a third world war...

Oh and the Russian mob. Those guys mean business.

These are definite red flags!

Chuck Bao
10/19/2008, 09:15 PM
I would still choose Indonesia.

An island without an active volcano would be good.

Komodo island sounds great.

Komodo is one of the 17,508 islands that make up the Republic of Indonesia. The island has a surface area of 390 km² and over 2000 inhabitants. The inhabitants of the island are descendants of former convicts who were exiled to the island and who have mixed themselves with the Bugis from Sulawesi. The population are primarily adherents of Islam but there are also Christian and Hindu minorities.

olevetonahill
10/20/2008, 12:38 AM
I would still choose Indonesia.

An island without an active volcano would be good.

Komodo island sounds great.

Dont they Like have Dragons and **** there ?:eek: