PDA

View Full Version : Taking off my crimson glasses for a moment...

Big Red Ron
10/18/2008, 08:24 PM
I've watched all of the so called top teams in the country play this year and I honestly believe that Oklahoma and Texas are the two best teams in America.

A rematch in the national championship game would be good for college football.

Also, I've had it with the north south thing in the big XII.

Flagstaffsooner
10/18/2008, 08:26 PM
I dont want to get beat by that zit faced puke again.

BrockLanders
10/18/2008, 08:29 PM
I know USC lost to a doosh team but they are as talented as anyone in the countrylll

KC//CRIMSON
10/18/2008, 08:31 PM
There's a handful of teams that could hang with OU right now.

Partial Qualifier
10/18/2008, 08:34 PM
I've watched all of the so called top teams in the country play this year and I honestly believe that Oklahoma and Texas are the two best teams in America.

Agree, Agree, and Agree.

Penn State and Alabama will get exposed as the season goes on. I don't see Texas losing anymore so all we can do is hope.. but there is some hope there.

I don't disagree that SC is as talented as anyone, but they're not as good as OU and TX. They've not been the same since Chow left.

JLEW1818
10/18/2008, 08:34 PM
we need the horns to lose in the big12 ship

Big Red Ron
10/18/2008, 08:36 PM
I know USC lost to a doosh team but they are as talented as anyone in the countrylllSanchez is an average QB and their defense isn't what it used to be.

The only team I think is in the same class as OU & ut is maybe, maybe Penn State but if they lose to tOSU then, meh.

Big Red Ron
10/18/2008, 08:38 PM
we need the horns to lose in the big12 ship
No we don't. If we win out and UT does, there's a great chance there could be a rematch.

Bama loses one and falls behinds us and if PSU loses to tosu, then it's there for us.

noobalicious
10/18/2008, 08:41 PM
No we don't. If we win out and UT does, there's a great chance there could be a rematch.

Bama loses one and falls behinds us and if PSU loses to tosu, then it's there for us.

Forgetting about USC. They just won 69-0. I get the feeling they'll be ahead of us in the polls.

tommieharris91
10/18/2008, 08:43 PM

I'm getting tired of one side of the conference blowing at football seemingly every season but making the CCG, too.

BrockLanders
10/18/2008, 08:44 PM
UT is the best team in the country and OU is one of a few teams that can be considered 2nd best. Im not so sure we could meet again in the BCS....unless, I suppose, we both win out and PSU and Bama lose

Honestly, unless something changes with our D, I think Colt beats us again.

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2008, 08:45 PM
Agreed; the top 2 teams should meet regardless of which division they are from

josh09
10/18/2008, 08:46 PM
Yes, OU and Texas are the best in the nation, and yes, they need to merge the 2 big 12 divisions. That way, there will be better, more exciting games each year. For now, lets worry about ourselves and win out

JLEW1818
10/18/2008, 08:47 PM
the voters are going to be thinking the same thing when tosu and Michigan play , tosu won then Michigan was 2 then feel off with out even playing.

In the end voters will say/think Oklahoma had their chance against Texas.

JLEW1818
10/18/2008, 08:48 PM
Merge??? come on now. would ya'll be saying this if we were on the other side.

Position Limit
10/18/2008, 08:49 PM
whoever is the most one demensional offensive team is the one i want to play. i think i'm going to have an emotional breakdown after we lose another bowl game because of this defense.

BrockLanders
10/18/2008, 08:49 PM
Forgetting about USC. They just won 69-0. I get the feeling they'll be ahead of us in the polls.

Agreed. SC will receive media fellacio this week. Although, I do think they may have the best chance to beat Texas though...Sooner love aside, that would be a kick *** nat champ game

JLEW1818
10/18/2008, 08:50 PM
Still lost to an unranked ****ing team, its such bull ****

East Coast Bias
10/18/2008, 08:51 PM
We need to fix our defense or we are going to get upended by our own schedule.

stoopified
10/18/2008, 08:51 PM

Also, I've had it with the north south thing in the big XII.Rematch would work for me.

KC//CRIMSON
10/18/2008, 08:52 PM
UT is the best team in the country and OU is one of a few teams that can be considered 2nd best. Im not so sure we could meet again in the BCS....unless, I suppose, we both win out and PSU and Bama lose

There's a few teams that could beat OU on a neutral field.

Did you guys watch the same game I did today?

We gave Kansas 455 yards of total offense on our home field today. Believe it or not, but OU was in a dogfight for most of the game.

We have a huge problem on defense, the kicking game, and kick off coverage/special teams.

sooner13f
10/18/2008, 08:52 PM

I agree!

tooslow
10/18/2008, 08:54 PM

Bama would also have to lose the CCG. While I would love to see a rematch with Texas, there is no way in the world a one loss SEC Championship team gets left out if it comes down to a one loss team getting in. It's all about voter bias. Earlier, ESPN was talking about a one loss SEC team nudging out Penn State....... an undefeated Penn State. All they would need is about a 3rd place finish in the coaches poll. Hell, right now we are 6th and USC is 4th. Better hope USC loses another game as well. Our current 4th place AP standing means nothing, as far as BCS standings go.

Back to voter bias; If Texas goes undefeated, McCoy will lock up the Heisman. IMO, Bradford is a much better quarterback. However, we all know how the Heisman process works, right?

Still LOTS of football to be played, right? Texas will be placed on a pedestal, just like we were for the last few weeks, USC before us, etc. Nothing like us fans "looking ahead".... :D

JLEW1818
10/18/2008, 08:55 PM
I agree with all of the statements. It's going to come down to the computer polls.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2008, 08:58 PM
There is no quick fix for the defense. Heck, we have 2 safeties playing LB, one of them for the first time today. Changing schemes and players at mid-season is going to result in busted assignments and tentative play at times. I see no magic formula other than patience and persistence by coaches and players. You know, the kind of patience we'll see on this message board.

aurorasooner
10/18/2008, 09:17 PM
There is no quick fix for the defense. Heck, we have 2 safeties playing LB, one of them for the first time today. Changing schemes and players at mid-season is going to result in busted assignments and tentative play at times. I see no magic formula other than patience and persistence by coaches and players. You know, the kind of patience we'll see on this message board. GFL on that. The little things will help the defense until the LBs get acclimated, but as far as these ridiculous posts (imo) about BV being canned, it's not going to get any better. We don't need to can BV, but unless Bob is going to step in and do it full time, we still need to get a DBs coach who can teach man coverage, and BJW "ain't" the guy, but he's too valuable to lose.
As far as the little things the defense can do, Is 1) stay in their lanes on the pass rush and not get pushed around and when they can't get to the QB, they need to get their eyes and hands up and try to knock down the ball. Our tackling also needs to improve as it was flat pitiful at times today. Our DBs need to anticipate better as they continue to look more scared of getting beat deep as they do making plays in front of the receiver on the ball.

47Wins
10/18/2008, 09:21 PM
Don't count Florida out yet, I was at the LSU/UF game and Florida has the fastest backs and receivers I've seen in awhile.

tooslow
10/18/2008, 09:26 PM
Don't count Florida out yet, I was at the LSU/UF game and Florida has the fastest backs and receivers I've seen in awhile.

That's who Herbstreit was saying would trump out any other one loss team. My argument is that we lost to the #1 ranked team, UF lost to who??? ;)

bcgvh
10/18/2008, 09:39 PM
I agree that there's a chance, but I think not playing in the Big 12 championship is going to hurt us big time. Being idle the last week won't be a good thing at all for winning over voters.

JLEW1818
10/18/2008, 09:42 PM
unless its all upsets

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2008, 11:01 PM
With my crimson glasses off, I see us having a good shot at an at-large BCS bid. The offense has to continue to produce big time and the defense has to adjust to the problems at LB and improve a bit each game. Any bowl committee would drool at the prospect of getting SB and our offense as one of their teams. But I need very crimson glasses and some psychedelic drugs to see us in the BCS title game.

HopeSpringsEternal
10/18/2008, 11:14 PM

I think a second outing with Texas at this point would not be a good thing. 500 yards of offense to Kansas does not bode well.

AzianSooner
10/18/2008, 11:18 PM
Boise State and WVU would like us up.

sooner59
10/18/2008, 11:42 PM
I want to see a 2 loss team win the SEC CG. Add a little tOSU>Penn St., Bama with a loss (which would be the case if a 2 loss team won the SEC), SUC's lackluster Harris Poll and Computer average (...by the end of the season, because computer "do" look at SOS). All of those scenerios are completely possible. That is regardless of texas. I just hope that Tech beats them in Lubbock and only loses to us in the south. I am rooting for us obviously to win out, but those are the other things im rooting for.

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2008, 05:40 AM
Agreed. SC will receive media fellacio this week. Although, I do think they may have the best chance to beat Texas though...Sooner love aside, that would be a kick *** nat champ game

USuCk just beat the worst BCS team in the history of the BCS teams, and perhaps the worst football team in the nation!

Yes USC will probably gaing some, but OU just beat a top 15 team in Kansas. Hard to compare teh two wins. OU would probably score 80+ on WSU!

UTsucks
10/19/2008, 07:11 AM
Penn State will LOCK up a spot in the NCG if they neat the BUCKS at home next week. If not Big 10 is out of the race.

Texass will not lose another game sorry they are good.

SEC will knock each other off as always. GA plays FL AND LSU still and LSU plays Bama and GA FL plays GA and Vandy

Oh and our D has holes like swiss cheese. The good news is we won the bad news is without those 2 goal line INT's it's CLOSE very CLOSE. The 2 missed FG's could have came back to haunt us but did not thanks to SAM. A win is a win but play this way at OK LITE or against TT don't be shocked if we lose. :pop:

tulsaoilerfan
10/19/2008, 10:00 AM
Since they don't have conference championship games, the Big 10 and Pac 10 winners should play each other the same day of the SEC and Big 12 Championships to ensure we don't see another over-rated Big 10 team get killed in the BCS title game

1890MilesToNorman
10/19/2008, 10:22 AM
There are 4 teams from the Big XII South in the top 8 right now, I can't remember the last time any division, in any conference, was this tough.

Someone call the media, I don't think they are aware of it? :D

Big Red Ron
10/19/2008, 11:40 AM
Hey, I'm just sayin...the two best teams in the country reside in one division of one conference. Will the right thing be done?

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 11:41 AM
Let's just say we have no chance to play in the title if we win out, but if we end up playing in it, we are more excited ... ??

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 11:44 AM
I actually think our best bet is if we win out and regardless if Texas wins out, they need to lose in the Big 12 ship. But then we take the risk of not getting into a BCS bowl.

ashley
10/19/2008, 01:19 PM
I would add Florida and USC. to the list at 3 and 4.

hink4769
10/19/2008, 02:16 PM
I know this will upset alot of people, but I think a one-loss SEC champion deserves a shot at the NC ahead of us (if UT wins out). I always think that championships should be settled on the field as much as possible and we already lost to Texas, so why should we get another shot over another team from an equal level conference that won their conference? The way I see it, as long as Texas is undefeated, OU can't claim to be any better than #2, whereas a team that wins the SEC could say "we might be better than Texas, so we should get a shot to play them" because they haven't played Texas yet. I think we would have some claim over USC though since they play in a crummy conference and already lost to a crummy opponent.

poke4christ
10/19/2008, 03:09 PM
I used to be a undecided on this, but now I'm firmly in the camp that the north and the south divisions need to be dissolved. We thought that the north was getting better, but it is now obvious that the South is just flat out better in every way. I think we should dissolve the divisions, make the best two teams play in the championship, and expand to 9 games in conference. In addition, we should have certain teams play every year so that rivalries like OU vs. TX and OU vs. OSU maintained. I actually think this might help the north in some ways because it would remove them from being defined by the fact that they are the north. I just think it would be better for everyone.

josh09
10/19/2008, 03:14 PM
I agree with all of the statements. It's going to come down to the computer polls.

I agree with all the statements too. LETS JUST WIN OUT!!!

Big Red Ron
10/19/2008, 03:45 PM
I know this will upset alot of people, but I think a one-loss SEC champion deserves a shot at the NC ahead of us (if UT wins out). I always think that championships should be settled on the field as much as possible and we already lost to Texas, so why should we get another shot over another team from an equal level conference that won their conference? The way I see it, as long as Texas is undefeated, OU can't claim to be any better than #2, whereas a team that wins the SEC could say "we might be better than Texas, so we should get a shot to play them" because they haven't played Texas yet. I think we would have some claim over USC though since they play in a crummy conference and already lost to a crummy opponent.
So, because the two best teams in the country are in one division in one conference, we should just let some other team play? That's dumb.

Look at the new BCS ratings. We win out and texas loses or wins out, we're in if Bama loses and PSU loses. If either one of those teams go undefeated then they will and should be in the championship game, if not, it's us.

hink4769
10/19/2008, 04:06 PM
So, because the two best teams in the country are in one division in one conference, we should just let some other team play? That's dumb.

You can't absolutley define who the best teams are, there's always some ambiguity. You can say stuff like "OU is better than Florida," but you would probably hestitate to bet your life savings on an OU-Florida matchup on a netural field because you really have no idea who's better when it comes down to it. A couple of years ago alot of people were convinced that OSU and Michigan were the best teams, look how that turned out. I don't think two teams that have already played should have a NC game rematch and I don't think teams that don't win their conference should be able to play for the NC, I've thought that for some time and won't change my tune just because OU is involved.
My point is that if it comes to either OU or a 1-loss SEC champion to play an undefeated UT team in the championship, it would be more fair for the SEC champ should get the oppurtunity to play since its already been decided on the field that UT is better than OU. If OU gets in and wins, I'll certainly be happy, but it won't change the fact that I think the other team should have been there. Anyway, it doesn't really matter what I think since the computers decide who plays anyway, I'm just expressing what I think would be most fair given there is no playoff system.

PLaw
10/19/2008, 04:48 PM
There's a handful of teams that could hang with OU right now.

Name 'em?

KC//CRIMSON
10/19/2008, 05:43 PM
Name 'em?

Just about anyone in the top ten.