PDA

View Full Version : I don't ****ing believe these refs!

SoonerStormchaser
10/18/2008, 03:52 PM
Seriously, are the Big XII refs on dope?

How can you not see that Reesing was down when he threw that ball away?
How can you refute a fumble recovery by OU?

85sooners
10/18/2008, 03:55 PM
:gary:

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/18/2008, 04:37 PM
Eh, not to be a negative nancy, but there've been a couple of crap calls by the officials that went OU's way and helped us. Bullfeathers officiating all around.

Partial Qualifier
10/18/2008, 04:41 PM
yeah its not just homegrown calls.. glaring mistakes all over the field, these guys suck

soonerhubs
10/18/2008, 04:43 PM
Eh, not to be a negative nancy, but there've been a couple of crap calls by the officials that went OU's way and helped us. Bullfeathers officiating all around.

SOONER Brian. I finally figured it out.

SoonerStormchaser
10/18/2008, 06:15 PM
We can add a PI call against KU towards JI that wasn't called.

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2008, 06:51 PM
What about the ball hitting the KU guy on that punt? Guess everyone saw that one but the idiots dressed like wild animals

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2008, 06:51 PM
I didn't think it was possible, but somehow the officiating in this league gets worse every year; are the refs ever held accountable for all the screw ups that go on every weekend?

OU-HSV
10/18/2008, 06:55 PM
SOONER Brian. I finally figured it out.

Sooner Brian must be a good guy, cause he spells his name with an 'I' too, the right way to spell it :D ;)

SoonerDood
10/18/2008, 07:09 PM
I think the Big 12 is trying in earnest to take the "Worst Conference Officials" moniker from the Pac 10.

OUTrumpet
10/18/2008, 08:08 PM
I think the Big 12 is trying in earnest to take the "Worst Conference Officials" moniker from the Pac 10.

Gotta love all those "don't make fun of our refs when they screw up!" commercials that they are playing during games too.

If I screwed up that badly at work, I'd probably be fired.

IronHorseSooner
10/18/2008, 08:13 PM
Gotta love all those "don't make fun of our refs when they screw up!" commercials that they are playing during games too.

If I screwed up that badly at work, I'd probably be fired.

Big XII and PAC 10 refs DESERVE the harassment that they get. If I was that incompetent, I would be in prison. The state of texass and corruption for the their gain goes hand-in-hand. Both political parties in texass are as crooked as a dog's leg (see LBJ and Tom DeLay), their companies (see Enron), and their sports teams (college and pro).

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2008, 08:17 PM
i don't ever recall big 8 refs being this bad

toast
10/18/2008, 08:17 PM
"I think the no huddle is going too fast for the officials. Look, they are breathing heavily right now. They cannot keep up."

Ron Franklin

;)

IronHorseSooner
10/18/2008, 08:34 PM
i don't ever recall big 8 refs being this bad

I can't remember it, at least not in football. In BBALL, KU and Mizzou got home cooking, but, again, not football.

RedstickSooner
10/18/2008, 08:46 PM
I don't see how we can compare Big-12 to Pac-10 refs. Both suck giant donkey balls, but the Pac-10 refs actively cheat to benefit Pac-10 teams. Our refs are just generally lousy.

Side question, that doesn't have anything to do with OU (or, at least, I haven't noticed it with OU) but what is that gay as hell, completely obnoxious pseudo-techno song that they play at almost every other college football game during breaks in the action? And why has it become so prevalent? Particularly in the NFL, it seems like the moment a play is blown dead, they start blasting it out over the stadium's sound system.

IronHorseSooner
10/18/2008, 08:54 PM
I don't see how we can compare Big-12 to Pac-10 refs. Both suck giant donkey balls, but the Pac-10 refs actively cheat to benefit Pac-10 teams. Our refs are just generally lousy.

I would say that is true, except in the case of texass. On the whole, they are bad, but having guys like Bible or Crystal, who both have relations with the texass program, reffing texass games, or games dealing with their direct rivals, is on par with the shenanigans that Dave Cutaia and his gang does out in the PAC 10. The whole conference, coaches, administrators, and fan bases know it, but just take it.

IronSooner
10/18/2008, 09:53 PM
Side question, that doesn't have anything to do with OU (or, at least, I haven't noticed it with OU) but what is that gay as hell, completely obnoxious pseudo-techno song that they play at almost every other college football game during breaks in the action? And why has it become so prevalent? Particularly in the NFL, it seems like the moment a play is blown dead, they start blasting it out over the stadium's sound system.

I just noticed that the other day. It's everywhere. And it needs to end. Now. Ugh

aurorasooner
10/18/2008, 10:39 PM
I have to agree with Tramel's assessment of the officiating today. I don't know which crew officiated the OU/KU game but that fumble reversal call still has me scratching my head, and they really did seem lost most of the game. Just guessing, but from Tramel's comment on the D, he seems a little peeved with Bob not disclosing NH move to start in the middle. Bob's press conference may get a little interesting this week.
Officiating: D

The crew seemed lost much of the game. Example: referee Gerald Wright signaled that OU declined an intentional grounding penalty, even though that's a loss-of-down infraction. http://www.newsok.com/ou-report-card-a-for-o-line/article/3313206

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2008, 08:34 AM
Tramel can suck on my cat's excrement. He is a tool and a jerk. I could care less if Bob told him something about personnel or not...

BermudaSooner
10/19/2008, 08:39 AM
How do you move the chains, and then put them back? That makes no sense. They got the right call in the end, but just looked incompetent.

And the grounding call, they didn't have a clue that it was loss of down. My nine year old knows that.

outuba
10/19/2008, 09:05 AM
It seemed like the refs didn't even know the game of football. From the grounding call to the KU WR stepping out of bounds by a whole step right infront of the referee on the line.

Like it was previously said, we did get a few calls our way too. I can guarantee at least one of the two catches at the beginning of the game was an incomplete pass but wasn't called/reviewed.

The Big 12 Refs don't know the rules but the Pac 10 Refs cheat.

Sooner Stew
10/19/2008, 09:38 AM
in regards to the call when it looked like we sacked the qb..the refs were correct ppl give em a break...Reising was holding himself up...go back and watch it...he never hit the ground...quit bit<hin

outuba
10/19/2008, 09:40 AM
That isn't the grounding call I was talking about. I was referring to the one where the referees clearly weren't aware that it came with a loss of down, not an 'accept/decline' situation.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2008, 09:44 AM
in regards to the call when it looked like we sacked the qb..the refs were correct ppl give em a break...Reising was holding himself up...go back and watch it...he never hit the ground...quit bit<hin

Nope you're wrong. The replay from the end zone showed his butt cheeks on the ground. He was down.