PDA

View Full Version : KU Fans at McDonald's Drive-Thru

StoopTroup
10/18/2008, 10:16 AM
Our kids needed a bathroom break on the turnpike so we stopped at the McD's past the Chandler Exit.

There was a car in the drive-thru with KU stuff all over it.

I told my Buddy to go over and tap on their window and tell them not to forget to get a few Happy Meals for Mangino. :D

He did it...they chuckled...

I love this ****!

BOOMER SOONER !

CK Sooner
10/18/2008, 10:20 AM
He is going to want more than a few Happy Meals!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2008, 10:43 AM
I d keep my kids away from him if I was you

sooner59
10/19/2008, 12:28 AM
Before the game, I was watching Stoops talk to Mangino at midfield. All of a sudden I notice that Mangino is "behind" Stoops in my view and I see Mangino on BOTH sides of Bob! I was hardly able to show people around me I was laughing so hard but at least 6 or 7 people got a good chuckle in. Oh and I like Mangino but damn man....PUT DOWN THE FORK!

HopeSpringsEternal
10/19/2008, 12:32 AM
Can you imagine the commercial value Mangino would be to Nutri-System? He could easily double his salary.

lloyd45
10/19/2008, 12:43 AM
lol so awesome

Jacie
10/19/2008, 12:47 AM
First, he needs to do a season of Biggest Loser, followed by a stint on Dancing With the Stars . . .

sooner59
10/19/2008, 12:50 AM
Can you imagine the commercial value Mangino would be to Nutri-System? He could easily double his salary.

Whatever....he would double his weight. He would have 12 orders of Nutri-System per meal.

BermudaSooner
10/19/2008, 08:32 AM
That shirt he was wearing was awful. From the stands it looked like he had a huge apron on. He has definitely gotten bigger since moving north.

Sooner Stew
10/19/2008, 09:36 AM
give mangino a break ppl...its not right to make fun of his weight...did you ever think that maybe he has a fu<kin medical condition? he's a great coach lets all just leave it at that

SOONER STEAKER
10/19/2008, 10:16 AM
He needs to get medical attention, staple that stomach Man. Don't drop dead on the sidelines using the "F" bomb on TV.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 10:19 AM
Funny.

But in all seriousness, weight discrimination is becoming an epidemic that nobody is talking about. If Bob ever leaves OU, Mangino would be the perfect coach to replace him. I mean, look what he's done at KU! But he will never be offered the head job at OU. Why? Because he doesn't look the part of the head coach of the Oklahoma Sooners. That's just sad.

Just my .02.

sooner59
10/19/2008, 10:53 AM
Funny.

But in all seriousness, weight discrimination is becoming an epidemic that nobody is talking about. If Bob ever leaves OU, Mangino would be the perfect coach to replace him. I mean, look what he's done at KU! But he will never be offered the head job at OU. Why? Because he doesn't look the part of the head coach of the Oklahoma Sooners. That's just sad.

Just my .02.

You are 100% correct in everything you just said.

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 10:59 AM
give mangino a break ppl...its not right to make fun of his weight...did you ever think that maybe he has a fu<kin medical condition? he's a great coach lets all just leave it at that

Yes I agree . MM has what is commonly Called the dreaded
Forkinmouth Disease.

OKC-SLC
10/19/2008, 11:11 AM
Funny.

Just my .02.

just as important as image is the serious risk of death. hiring a top-of-the-line head coach is a multi-million dollar investment. top companies regularly assess the health of their executives because death is not cost effective.

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 11:16 AM
Our kids needed a bathroom break on the turnpike so we stopped at the McD's past the Chandler Exit.

There was a car in the drive-thru with KU stuff all over it.

I told my Buddy to go over and tap on their window and tell them not to forget to get a few Happy Meals for Mangino. :D

He did it...they chuckled...

I love this ****!

BOOMER SOONER !

Your KIDS needed a Potty break ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
More Like Dad needed to Make room for more beer .:P

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 11:39 AM
If we can't make fun of fat people who can we make fun of? Dang sensitivity police taking away all our fun...

2k2 c5
10/19/2008, 11:49 AM
If we can't make fun of fat people who can we make fun of? Dang sensitivity police taking away all our fun...

Ya know, the Amish tend to not use the internet.....
(just sayin')

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/19/2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think I would consider hiring someone that overweight, simply because of how dangerous it is to one's health, and consequently my bottom(no pun intended)line.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 11:54 AM
just as important as image is the serious risk of death. hiring a top-of-the-line head coach is a multi-million dollar investment. top companies regularly assess the health of their executives because death is not cost effective.

Oh come on, that's the biggest cop out i've ever heard.

Runners and gym rats drop dead ALL THE TIME.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 11:56 AM

I said it was funny. I can poke fun at it. But not all fat people are slobs. I'm fairly certain he doesn't sit around eating bon bons all day.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 11:57 AM
I don't think I would consider hiring someone that overweight, simply because of how dangerous it is to one's health, and consequently my bottom(no pun intended)line.

I take it you're not voting for John McCain.

Curly Bill
10/19/2008, 11:57 AM
I like fat people...

...they're jolly. :D

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 11:58 AM
I like fat people...

:D

badger
10/19/2008, 12:10 PM
Poor KU fans. I hope you bought them a beer after poking fun at them... well, maybe not while they're driving.

I mean, we're always sad after we lose, so what's the long drive back to Lawrence like? I mean, what was the drive back from Dallas like for us last week?

I know OU > KU in football, but hey, we were both coming off awesome seasons and high rankings this year before a loss fizzles BCS hopes.

So, once again, sympathy to KU fans. :(

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 12:13 PM
Your kidding right Badj?

They are used to losing...

They don't need any sympathy...

Mangino has made Football watchable up there is all.

badger
10/19/2008, 12:19 PM
Your kidding right Badj?

They are used to losing...

They don't need any sympathy...

Mangino has made Football watchable up there is all.

Sooo... um... I phail 2 c wut zactly we're disagreein' wikk.

1- Used to losing: Poor KU.
2- Mangino making football watchable, meaning they endured a century of unwatchable football before him: Poor KU.
3- Mangino is watchable?!?!?! POOR KU.

Wouldn't you agree that KU is indeed poor?

OKC-SLC
10/19/2008, 12:19 PM
Oh come on, that's the biggest cop out i've ever heard.

Runners and gym rats drop dead ALL THE TIME.

I think you're being silly right now.

You hear about gym rats dying on ESPN or on the local news, because it's newsworthy. You don't hear about 400+ pound men dying of sudden cardiac death because it happens several times a day in every city in this country.

I'd love to see you present some data which supports your apparent claim that being a gym rat places one at higher risk of death than being morbidly obese.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 02:25 PM
I think you're being silly right now.

You hear about gym rats dying on ESPN or on the local news, because it's newsworthy. You don't hear about 400+ pound men dying of sudden cardiac death because it happens several times a day in every city in this country.

I'd love to see you present some data which supports your apparent claim that being a gym rat places one at higher risk of death than being morbidly obese.

Obesity does not kill.

Diabetes, cardiac arrest, and other heart problems kill.
Obesity can cause a greater risk of these problems, but so can heredity and other bad habits.

Technically, Bob Stoops is just as likely to die from a heart attack as Mangino is.

Wasn't Schnellenberger an alcoholic and smoker?

Double standard.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 02:54 PM
McDonalds will kill you.

You might get a few Happy Meals...but later...that happiness is going to wear off.

BigDeezy
10/19/2008, 03:01 PM
I like fat people...

We're jolly until people start making fun of us.

jkjsooner
10/19/2008, 03:15 PM
Obesity does not kill.

Obesity can cause a greater risk of these problems, but so can heredity and other bad habits.

Technically, Bob Stoops is just as likely to die from a heart attack as Mangino is.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. It is totally irrelevant that obesity doesn't directly cause death as it is one of the largest risk factors there is. I can turn around and say that a heart attack doesn't kill but instead the lack of oxygen to the organs that ultimately kills you but that is as pointless as your statement.

And, no, Bob Stoops is not as likely to die of a heart attack as Mangino unless he has some serious risk factors we don't know about. Knowing what we know Mangino is dramatically more at risk than Stoops.

OUmillenium
10/19/2008, 04:09 PM
That shirt he was wearing was awful. From the stands it looked like he had a huge apron on. He has definitely gotten bigger since moving north.

They showed a shot on TV where you could see Mangino head to toe...I thought a tsunami was rushing over the east side of Owen Field, then I realized he had on a blue shirt.

OK2LA
10/19/2008, 05:00 PM
If you think about this - this is actually pretty sad. We're seeing a guy kill himself slowly before our eyes. On the television broadcast they were talking about the days when Mangino was on our staff with Heupel as the QB. They showed Mangino, and he was like 100lbs lighter . . . don't get me wrong - he was still fat, but he is getting worse. He is likely pushing 4 spins.

Flagstaffsooner
10/19/2008, 05:16 PM
If we can't make fun of fat people who can we make fun of?
http://kjrhimg.dayport.com/img/dp_thumbs/thumb_1190518590215_0p9577015066677685.jpg
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/berry-tramel.jpg

lloyd45
10/19/2008, 05:28 PM
Gastric Bypass would fix his weight problem. I really wish he'd look into it.

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 05:55 PM
Buffet Bypass would fix his weight problem. I really wish he'd look into it.

Fixed

Turd_Ferguson
10/19/2008, 06:01 PM
Fixed:D:D

CORNholio
10/19/2008, 06:06 PM
He's a big guy, he's gonna get a ripping from people, it just comes with the territory. It in no way discredits the way he conducts his life or his talent to coach a football team though.

Turd_Ferguson
10/19/2008, 06:09 PM
He's a big guy, he's gonna get a ripping from people, it just comes with the territory. It in no way discredits the way he conducts his life or his talent to coach a football team though.So, being irresponsible with your personal life can't carry over to your job:confused:

lloyd45
10/19/2008, 06:24 PM
It's extremely unfair to assume he's irresponsible.

yermom
10/19/2008, 06:48 PM
I take it you're not voting for John McCain.

ouch.

fossil
10/19/2008, 07:09 PM

:rolleyes: Uh yeah, he has a medical condition OK. It's called voracious ravenousitis. Eating too damned much. And with a name like Sooner Stew, you better watch out or he'll wanna eat you up too. I heard he loves 'STEW'.

lloyd45
10/19/2008, 07:11 PM
Did someone say stew? *with spoon in hand*

lol

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:14 PM
:rolleyes: Uh yeah, he has a medical condition OK. It's called voracious ravenousitis. Eating too damned much. And with a name like Sooner Stew, you better watch out or he'll wanna eat you up too. I heard he loves 'STEW'.

haha that's funny.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 07:26 PM
THE only reason I even bag on Mark is that he's KU's Coach.

Other than that...he's one of the best Coaches in Div IA IMO.

All kidding aside...if Mark's weight is a problem FOR HIM...

I hope he can find time to do what he needs to help.

If he's happy and healthy...then more power to him.

ST

JLEW1818
10/19/2008, 07:30 PM
College Football live right now ESpn

OKC-SLC
10/19/2008, 07:33 PM
Obesity does not kill.

Wasn't that old drunk an alcoholic and smoker?

Double standard.
I'm a Board Certified internist and a gastroenterologist/hepatologist. I would love for you to continue to argue basic pathophysiology with me.

The leading cause of death in people with diabetes is cardiac disease. The leading cause of death in morbid obesity is cardiac disease. Your "cardiac arrest" is a colloquial term which generally refers to 'sudden cardiac death', the leading cause of which is ventricular arrythmia in the setting of coronary artery disease. Other factors do play a role, including genetics as you mentioned. But to allege that Stoops's risk of dying of a heart attack is equal to Mangino's simply on the assumption that Stoops has some underlying risk that overcomes Mangino's obvious one (and potential underlying ones) is simply an ill informed opinion. But you're entitled to it.

I agree with your original point that there is discrimination against people who are obese, no question. I'm merely pointing out a second REAL reason a major corporation (i.e. OU Football) might be hesitant to put millions and its future in the hands of a man who has a much higher than average risk of dying soon.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 07:37 PM
I'm a Board Certified internist and a gastroenterologist/hepatologist. I would love for you to continue to argue basic pathophysiology with me.

The leading cause of death in people with diabetes is cardiac disease. The leading cause of death in morbid obesity is cardiac disease. Your "cardiac arrest" is a colloquial term which generally refers to 'sudden cardiac death', the leading cause of which is ventricular arrythmia in the setting of coronary artery disease. Other factors do play a role, including genetics as you mentioned. But to allege that Stoops's risk of dying of a heart attack is equal to Mangino's simply on the assumption that Stoops has some underlying risk that overcomes Mangino's obvious one (and potential underlying ones) is simply an ill informed opinion. But you're entitled to it.

I agree with your original point that there is discrimination against people who are obese, no question. I'm merely pointing out a second REAL reason a major corporation (i.e. OU Football) might be hesitant to put millions and its future in the hands of a man who has a much higher than average risk of dying soon.
I am wondering how much of this you had to wikipedia. :D I'm sure you're wealthy, smart, and smooth, but I'm hot, blonde, with big titties, and have never worked for anything I've paid for! so booyah!
lol

Secondly, I don't believe that they'd rather not get a national championship because of a "health risk".

Money from a NC> the money he would cost them.

He doesn't look the part and that's that.

K thx bai

:eek:

OKC-SLC
10/19/2008, 07:38 PM
I am wondering how much of this you had to wikipedia. :D I'm sure you're wealthy, smart, and smooth, but I'm hot, blonde, with big titties, and have never worked for anything I've paid for! so booyah!
lol

Secondly, I don't believe that they'd rather not get a national championship because of a "health risk".

Money from a NC> the money he would cost them.

He doesn't look the part and that's that.

K thx bai

:eek:

wow.

you win.

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 07:41 PM
TCU...TCU...TCU...

Thanks you guys...keep winning! :D

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 07:43 PM
TCU...TCU...TCU...

Thanks you guys...keep winning! :D

failboat?

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 07:44 PM
OK Herbie...

Your pissing me off...

Quit trying to be Carnac the Magnificent.

http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/uploaded_images/carnac-756908.jpg

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 07:45 PM
failboat?

Could be...

But I can dream of a UT meltdown...

It's happened before...

Leave me alone! :D ;)

Big Red Ron
10/19/2008, 07:48 PM
Funny.

Just my .02.
I agree but jesus, skip a frickin meal. That guy's going to be dead by 50 if he doesn't do something.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/19/2008, 07:51 PM
I agree but jesus, skip a frickin meal. That guy's going to be dead by 50 if he doesn't do something.

I agree. And its sincerely funny to make fat jokes. But some people truly believe fat people are all slobs, smelly, and do nothing but sit around and eat in closets all day.

SoonerBacker
10/19/2008, 11:12 PM
The KU fans were "making fun" of Mangino. I saw two different shirts that were being worn by KU fans. Both were blue and had the Kansas Jayhawk on the front. On the back, one said, "Our Coach Can Eat Your Coach." The other said, "Our Coach Beat Anorexia."

If KU fans are gonna make fun of him, what's wrong with a little comment now and then from opposing fans?

Captain Obvious
10/20/2008, 08:57 AM
can we get back to the fat jokes? those were fun. yes we know it's wrong. of course it is. but the only discrimination here needs to take place with the menu.

best moment for me on saturday was when he was running to the sideline and a guy behind me starting yelling earthquake. good stuff.

by the way, we know why some of you on here are sensitive to this. wink wink, we do live in the 8th fattest state you know.

SOONERxWife73
10/20/2008, 01:31 PM
put him on a diet, 'eh. which is more healthy-20 or 15 happy meals or 1 large bathtub of yogurt?

IB4OU2
10/20/2008, 02:09 PM
He makes good shade...Thanks MM

Respectfully all the folks on the East Side Upper deck. :D

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 01:07 PM
i'm going to give this thread a monday afternoon bump for nostalgia.

Partial Qualifier
9/28/2009, 01:24 PM
Mangino's blowed up since he was here. I mean - he was big, but he's Supersizin' since he left Norman.

I met him at a restaurant one evening. He was hosting a recruiting visit for Nate Hybl and some other dude. Got to talk to him for a couple minutes. Mangino's a really nice guy and I'm glad his coaching skillz outweigh any perceived drawbacks there may be to hiring a head coach for a D1 program. Dude's a really, really good coach.

beer4me
9/28/2009, 01:35 PM
"I'm bigger than you and higher up the food chain. Get in my belly."

"Of course I'm not happy! Look at me, I'm a big fat slob. I've got bigger titties than you do. I've got more chins than a Chinese phonebook. I've not seen my willie in two years, which is long enough to declare it legally dead. "

stoopified
9/28/2009, 01:42 PM
Health risk samck?I have now OFFICIALLY heard it all.

cheezyq
9/28/2009, 01:44 PM
Funny.

Just my .02.

I'd be leery of having him as a HC for fear that he's going to drop dead any day. That's not weight discrimination, that's a legitimate concern. I love the guy, but his lack of concern for his own health is a huge problem. Like others have said, it's hard to teach your players discipline when you so clearly have a problem with it in other areas.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 01:50 PM
I'd be leery of having him as a HC for fear that he's going to drop dead any day. That's not weight discrimination, that's a legitimate concern. I love the guy, but his lack of concern for his own health is a huge problem. Like others have said, it's hard to teach your players discipline when you so clearly have a problem with it in other areas.

Tell that to a bariatric surgeon.
1) Not everyone who is over weight *WANTS* to be skinny, etc. Some ENJOY their habits, want to keep them, and feel perfectly healthy inside and out. Ever heard the phrase "large and in charge"?
2) IF it was that easy, weight loss would not be the #1 industry. Calories in, calories out DOES NOT WORK. You can have your mouth wired shut, but once human free will sets in, the weight will pile back on. Why? That's the real question.

You should check out this Preview of PBS's documentary, "FAT: What No One Is Telling You" (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/takeonestep/fat/video-preview_vid.html?bandwidth=_hi&filetype=wmv)

SoonerLB
9/28/2009, 01:51 PM
Ya know, the Amish tend to not use the internet.....
(just sayin')

Brilliant! Amish abuse in 5..., 4..., 3..., 2...

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 01:53 PM
Time for the mornin' barnraisin'!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 01:55 PM
:D :D :D

cheezyq
9/28/2009, 02:05 PM
Tell that to a bariatric surgeon.
1) Not everyone who is over weight *WANTS* to be skinny, etc. Some ENJOY their habits, want to keep them, and feel perfectly healthy inside and out. Ever heard the phrase "large and in charge"?
2) IF it was that easy, weight loss would not be the #1 industry. Calories in, calories out DOES NOT WORK. You can have your mouth wired shut, but once human free will sets in, the weight will pile back on. Why? That's the real question.

You should check out this Preview of PBS's documentary, "FAT: What No One Is Telling You" (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/takeonestep/fat/video-preview_vid.html?bandwidth=_hi&filetype=wmv)

I get what you're saying, and I'm not disagreeing with you about obesity itself. A person is bombarded with things that encourage obesity from a very young age - McDonald's, parents that are too busy to cook at home and be conscious of heathly eating habits, television and video games replacing outdoor activities, etc. Heck, even the schools have placed so much focus on scholastic results, that they almost completely ignore the need to be physically fit.

But, the reality is that someone as obese as Mangino faces numerous health issues that can lead to premature death. If I'm an AD for a prominent football program, that has to weigh into the decision to hire someone, even as talented as Mangino appears to be at coaching.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 02:07 PM
I get what you're saying, and I'm not disagreeing with you about obesity itself. A person is bombarded with things that encourage obesity from a very young age - McDonald's, parents that are too busy to cook at home and be conscious of heathly eating habits, television and video games replacing outdoor activities, etc. Heck, even the schools have placed so much focus on scholastic results, that they almost completely ignore the need to be physically fit.

But, the reality is that someone as obese as Mangino faces numerous health issues that can lead to premature death. If I'm an AD for a prominent football program, that has to weigh into the decision to hire someone, even as talented as Mangino appears to be at coaching.

And what about a coach that is a smoker, drinker, etc?

I'm just saying it's a double standard.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:11 PM
And what about those of us who enjoy a stiff drink and a cig after our bacon cheeseburger? And is bad if you do all three going 90 on the freeway?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 02:13 PM
And what about those of us who enjoy a stiff drink and a cig after our bacon cheeseburger? And is bad if you do all three going 90 on the freeway?
Jermaine Gresham style
:pop:

unbiasedtruth
9/28/2009, 02:19 PM
Jim Mackenzie -- RIP....

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:27 PM

I forgot pills and weed!

cheezyq
9/28/2009, 02:33 PM
And what about a coach that is a smoker, drinker, etc?

Yeah, I agree. I guess with those people, though, it might be easier to hide those things. I've ran across people who are smokers and drinkers, and I never realized it before. But with obesity, it's kinda hard to hide the evidence...if you know what I mean. I don't mean to sound callous about it, it's just kinda the way it is, I guess.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I agree. I guess with those people, though, it might be easier to hide those things. I've ran across people who are smokers and drinkers, and I never realized it before.

I dunno...With my crowd that's all pretty obvious too:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-02/356posseguy.jpg

SunnySooner
9/28/2009, 03:11 PM
Has anyone ever seen his family? Are they big too? I have a cousin who is BIG!!! and his wife is normal size, and I always think that's weird. You'd think a married couple would eat mostly the same stuff, why is one so big? Is it just portions? IDK. I do know if I was Mangino's wife I'd be thinkin of an intervention or something at this point. For a lot of people, food is their drug of choice, and he is in just as much danger health wise as a heroin junkie. He is killing himself, I hope he changes, he's a great coach.

cheezyq
9/28/2009, 03:15 PM
I dunno...With my crowd that's all pretty obvious too:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-02/356posseguy.jpg

LOL! Yeah, I know plenty of those, too!

Lott's Bandana
9/28/2009, 03:18 PM
And what about a President that is a smoker, drinker, etc?

Would ya hire him?

Ooops, too late.

:pop:

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 04:15 PM
Hell, the smoking and drinking is the part I like most. Bad example perhaps, but I like knowing the guy has ways to deal with the stress. One guy got blown, the next cut brush, and now we have the old standby of booze and nicotine! OF course, the real party animal was Kennedy with all of the above and plenty o' pain meds. Of course, instead of cutting brush he was wading through bush, but good enough. lol

85sooners
9/28/2009, 04:36 PM
lol