PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be sweet...

Big Red Ron
10/17/2008, 09:38 PM
if okie state goes undefeated, rises to number 1 or two in the nation and we go up their and kick their arses?

Not to mention, that'd probably win us the big xii but it would be nice to b!tch slap their greatest season evar!:D

:pop:

Big Red Ron
10/17/2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifWouldn't it be sweet... (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2448803#post2448803)10/17/2008 09:39 PMLosAngelesSooner (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36800)LMFAO!!!! OMG, you're so fuggin' pathetic!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D - LASNot as pathetic as an interweb rich guy.

sooner59
10/17/2008, 11:55 PM
Hey, if they went undefeated until we beat them....and if we won out, then that would put us in KC for the Big 12 CG. Im all for it. Plus if we won we would most likely be in the MNC, so Ron, you nailed it. Im pulling for #8...I could care less what aggy does.

Big Red Ron
10/18/2008, 01:12 AM
Hey, if they went undefeated until we beat them....and if we won out, then that would put us in KC for the Big 12 CG. Im all for it. Plus if we won we would most likely be in the MNC, so Ron, you nailed it. Im pulling for #8...I could care less what aggy does.Agreed, that was my original point a few days ago. It was tonight that I realized just how salty that wound would be for aggie.:D

tommieharris91
10/18/2008, 01:23 AM
This thread is aggy. Let's worry about us and Kansas, not them.

Big Red Ron
10/18/2008, 01:29 AM
This thread is aggy. Let's worry about us and Kansas, not them.
Dude, this thread was meant in good fun. They're in our way and if ruining their greatest season evar is the route, then it makes it all the more sweeter.

itsok
10/18/2008, 01:48 AM
i think that baylor might do it tomorrow....

Jack T.
10/18/2008, 05:50 AM
i think that baylor might do it tomorrow....

Hope so. . .OState served their purpose for this year, they beat Missouri. Now their fans need a reality check.

stoopified
10/18/2008, 09:19 AM
if okie state goes undefeated, rises to number 1 or two in the nation and we go up their and kick their arses?

Not to mention, that'd probably win us the big xii but it would be nice to b!tch slap their greatest season evar!:D

:pop:Yes but putting up with the pathetic Orange Rabble between now and then is a chore.

MichiganSooner
10/18/2008, 01:27 PM
Hey, if they went undefeated until we beat them....and if we won out, then that would put us in KC for the Big 12 CG. Im all for it. Plus if we won we would most likely be in the MNC, so Ron, you nailed it. Im pulling for #8...I could care less what aggy does.

If we win the rest of our games we will have one loss in the league to Texas. If OSU wins all their games until they play us, and lose to us, they will have one loss and be tied with us. We would have the tie breaker of a win against OSU in head-to-head competition. But Texas would also have one loss, to OSU. So they would be tied with OU and OSU with one loss and would go to the Big 12 game because they beat us in head-to-head.

Texas needs to lose to someone else besides OSU for us to win the South.

Am I right or wrong?

SteelCitySooner
10/18/2008, 06:38 PM
If we win the rest of our games we will have one loss in the league to Texas. If OSU wins all their games until they play us, and lose to us, they will have one loss and be tied with us. We would have the tie breaker of a win against OSU in head-to-head competition. But Texas would also have one loss, to OSU. So they would be tied with OU and OSU with one loss and would go to the Big 12 game because they beat us in head-to-head.

Am I right or wrong?

You are correct.. We need texas to lose 2 games for us to get into the Big 12..

StormySooner-IN
10/18/2008, 06:40 PM
Yea, it would be sweet.

But come on....we should probably worry about winning OUr other games first....then we'll think about wether we have a shot there...

snp
10/18/2008, 06:49 PM

Am I right or wrong?

No. In the event of a 3-way tie, head to head is discarded. Think paper (OU), rock (OSU), scissors (UT) .

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
The highest ranked team in the fi rst Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
The representative will be chosen by draw.

Bold would be the deciding criteria in this case.

MichiganSooner
10/18/2008, 07:09 PM
So the best deal would be Texas getting beat twice and us winning out.
I'm pulling for Misery

Big Red Ron
10/18/2008, 07:46 PM
So the best deal would be Texas getting beat twice and us winning out.
I'm pulling for Misery
Actually the best deal is for UT to win em all except okie state, then we beat okie state, then we go to the big xii championship game.

tommieharris91
10/18/2008, 07:54 PM
Actually the best deal is for UT to win em all except okie state, then we beat okie state, then we go to the big xii championship game.

I'd prefer UT losing twice.

Big Red Ron
10/18/2008, 08:20 PM
I'd prefer UT losing twice.To each his own. I'd much rather have lost once to the second best team in the nation (by a series of flukie things) than a two loss, second rate team.

sooner59
10/19/2008, 12:03 AM
No. In the event of a 3-way tie, head to head is discarded. Think paper (OU), rock (OSU), scissors (UT) .

Bold would be the deciding criteria in this case.

Thanks for proving my point in my absence. But now that Misery laid an egg, its up to either Tech or OSU to beat texas and win all of their south games but us. Given the their schedule, Tech may have a better chance given they have both in Lubbock, but ill take OSU, whatever.