PDA

View Full Version : McCain on Letterman

Crimsontothecore
10/17/2008, 11:19 AM
Anyone else watch? Letterman is the poster child of the left-leaning, sarcastic, smart*** celebrities whose opinions are respected, for some reason, by so many.

No way would keyway have treated media darling Hussein like that. I was glad McCain stood his ground...somewhat.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2008, 11:36 AM
Letterman is a :chicken:

Penguin
10/17/2008, 11:42 AM
I thought McCain did pretty well. I think he made up for his cancellation last month.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/17/2008, 11:47 AM
Who?

KC//CRIMSON
10/17/2008, 12:01 PM
v48l5s8qryk

yiI4z9h6cgA

hV93U115RnM

HHHcvho3CT0

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 01:14 PM
Clip two...

Serious question...

GW said that anyone who is harboring known terrorists will be dealt with...I think he even inferred...by death.

John sits here and says we will infiltrate the areas with Human Intelligence.

I believe we did that once and on 60 minutes...one of the guys that got close says we made some bad choices and also at one point felt the risk of continuing wasn't worth it.

I want to try and understand that if John says UBL is surrounded by folks who sound the alarm and allow him to get out....why we don't just obliterate these areas everytime we have knowledge of one?

I just don't get it.

If later other Countries or bleeding heart types come begging us to stop...simply say..."We will...once the threats against us are terminated. We have publicly stated that anyone protecting UBL is in imminent danger of bodily harm or even death, so please: Protect yourself and report his whereabouts to us. Take our reward money."

John's stance isn't exactly what I'd like to hear from him.

I guess he needs to be politically vague...but I didn't like his answer.

Taxman71
10/17/2008, 04:21 PM
Been a big fan of Letterman since 1982 esp. after being in his audience a couple months back, but his one-track mind ranting against Palin and McCain is bad bad bad tv. I won't watch his show until the election is over. The worst part is he isn't even trying to be funny slamming McCain/Palin and is just slamming them for the sake of slamming.

KC//CRIMSON
10/17/2008, 04:30 PM
Been a big fan of Letterman since 1982 esp. after being in his audience a couple months back, but his one-track mind ranting against Palin and McCain is bad bad bad tv. I won't watch his show until the election is over. The worst part is he isn't even trying to be funny slamming McCain/Palin and is just slamming them for the sake of slamming.

He started slamming McCain when McCain canceled his show one hour before tapping. Then McCain pops up over at Katie Couric's show a few minutes later. Bad form.

I have to admit his Top 10's have been hilarious since the fiasco.

Going to be interesting to see how the real Sarah Palin fares on SNL this weekend.

SoonerBorn68
10/17/2008, 04:40 PM
He started slamming McCain when McCain canceled his show one hour before tapping.

I don't blame McCain at all for not wanting to get tapped by Letterman.

KC//CRIMSON
10/17/2008, 04:48 PM
I don't blame McCain at all for not wanting to get tapped by Letterman.

Turns out he got tapped anyway.

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 04:52 PM
So...you guys got nothing for me?

McCain is a Retired Military War Hero.

If someone is gonna get UBL, I'd think it was him.

If Obama was elected...the only way I think it would happen is if he gave the Military Carte Blanche once he got his withdrawl accomplished. The thing for me is....bringing Home our Military will be more of a problem for him is my guess. It's easy to say you're gonna bring them Home...getting it done without incident is a whole other matter IMO.

John's stance seems weak IMO...

This is just another reason I haven't made up my mind and why I think they are just going through the motions trying to kill time until the election. Neither are making any serious attempts to sway voters IMO.

Taxman71
10/20/2008, 10:32 AM
I understand Letterman's anger and don't blame him, but he needs to remember he is on CBS latenight.....not Olbermann on MSNBC or OReilly on Fox. There are plenty of alternative channels if I want to watch a particular candidate or party get repeated slammed.....verbally that is.

As for McCain's chances, Colin Powell's endorsement of Nobama pretty much tolls the bell I am afraid.