PDA

View Full Version : Washington State political question

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2008, 12:27 AM
I noticed on the road some signs that said Rossi for governor-GOP

then on the bottom of his signs it said "Dont let Seattle steal this election".......I just found it odd that a candidate would put something like that on a sign considering there are a lot of votes there....I laughed cause it made me think of someone doing that in Oklahoma..

Brad Henry for governor

"Don't let Tulsa f*** it up"

Frozen Sooner
10/17/2008, 12:45 AM
I noticed on the road some signs that said Rossi for governor-GOP

then on the bottom of his signs it said "Dont let Seattle steal this election".......I just found it odd that a candidate would put something like that on a sign considering there are a lot of votes there....I laughed cause it made me think of someone doing that in Oklahoma..

Brad Henry for governor

"Don't let Tulsa f*** it up"

If I recall what you posted earlier, you're mainly cruising around east of the Cascades, right?

The east and west side of Washington REALLY don't get along at all.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/17/2008, 06:22 AM
Apparently Seattle sent ballots to 24000 felons who are not entitled to vote becuase the state registar of elections says it would be too hard to determine who had the right to vote. Apparently WA state law forbids felons from voting if they haven't completed their sentences and parole and paid their fines/restitution. Then a judge has to sign off it is completed.

Too hard??? **** why have elections at all? Why have rules or laws if they are not for enforcement or for the detriment of activity which is against society.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2008, 09:40 AM
If I recall what you posted earlier, you're mainly cruising around east of the Cascades, right?

The east and west side of Washington REALLY don't get along at all.

yeah I am....when I was reading it i thought maybe it was Seattle vs the rest of the state but its a east side-west side thing huh?

Frozen Sooner
10/17/2008, 09:47 AM
Near as I can tell, yeah. The Cascadia folk just kind of lump everything on the coast as "Seattle." The west side is your Seattle, Redmond, Olympia, etc and leans very much more liberal and urban than the east side.

Dino Rossi has been crying about losing to Chris Gregoire for the last four years. Admittedly, it was a very close election with allegations of vote tampering and fraud thrown about by both sides.

Something I thought was funny was that on I-5 there was a big billboard telling Obama supporters to vote for Rossi for the change Washington needs. Don't think I've ever seen a Republican candidate for major office link himself so hard to a Democratic Presidential candidate.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/17/2008, 09:54 AM
Near as I can tell, yeah. The Cascadia folk just kind of lump everything on the coast as "Seattle." The west side is your Seattle, Redmond, Olympia, etc and leans very much more liberal and urban than the east side.

Dino Rossi has been crying about losing to Chris Gregoire for the last four years. Admittedly, it was a very close election with allegations of vote tampering and fraud thrown about by both sides.

Something I thought was funny was that on I-5 there was a big billboard telling Obama supporters to vote for Rossi for the change Washington needs. Don't think I've ever seen a Republican candidate for major office link himself so hard to a Democratic Presidential candidate.Ya, that's funny

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2008, 08:36 PM
Well, seems I met Mr Dino Rossi today and the Attorney General Rob something.......Rossi reminded me of a used car salesman....Once I told him I was from Oklahoma he was through talking to me and on to the next guy

The AG sat in while I gave my presentation and talked about me coming back for something else....I would prefer not to