PDA

View Full Version : So I work with a HUGE Big 10/Notre Dame fan and...

MR2-Sooner86
10/16/2008, 10:24 PM
You won't believe the **** he was talking. Allow me to bring forth some of the "points" he was trying to make.

You like Oklahoma? I hate Oklahoma, nothing but a bunch of rednecks! All they ever do is cheat!

You see Oklahoma hates Notre Dame because they have more championships, busted their winning streak, and have their own network.

You know OU or anybody else could of had NBC's football contract but they wouldn't do it. Notre Dame was the only one who stepped up, don't be a hater about it.

You see Notre Dame is the better team because they don't schedule high school teams like OU does. They can pick whoever they want and get the better teams, unlike OU.

Everbody is lucky the Big 10 is so hard and beats each other up or else they'd own OU and the weak Big 12.

The Big 12 is a weak screwed up conference. I mean they play Nebraska when they're down and don't play Mizzou when they're ranked so high this year.

If you look at it through the years you'll notice the Big 10 has more success and plays harder teams than what OU or the Big 12 ever sees.

If you look at the Big 10 you'll notice the players are much bigger and they could push around alot of what OU or any Big 12 school could put up against them.

Well the Big 10 is known for defense? Is OU? No. I mean what big players on defense has OU put into the NFL? The Boz? Look what he did? See, OU doesn't do good on defense or send good defensive guys to the NFL.

Lets not forget the Big 10's linebacker U! I mean besides Adrian Peterson, what good runners has OU sent to the NFL? None.

**** SHOOT ME!!! Is there anything I can say to shut this moron up? I mean this is worse than a SEC fan! The Big 10 beats itself up? Give me a ****ing break! He then went on his Big 10 rant about Ohio State's teams overall this decade could whoop what OU has fielded the past decade.

47Wins
10/16/2008, 10:29 PM
Two words -- Charlie Weiss

Curly Bill
10/16/2008, 10:30 PM
Four words: "You're a ****in retard!"

SoonerBorn68
10/16/2008, 11:57 PM
Two words and a .gif:

Notre Dame :succs:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/17/2008, 12:04 AM
domer has ALWAYS been my least favorite team.
2)orange aggy
3)tx whorns
4)suc
5) tie: tigerbaits, Bama, the U, the Paternos

cheezyq
10/17/2008, 12:31 AM
Why bother arguing with him at all? He's clearly an idiot, and taking the time to argue with him only brings you down to his level. All Scroter Dame fans are that way.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/17/2008, 02:14 AM
Ask how many Titles has Notre Dame won this century again?

IGotNoTiming
10/17/2008, 03:43 AM
You know there are these type of fans everywhere... I actually know a few domer fans who are relatively cool. But every once in a while you meet a rabid insolent dolt from The University of (insert name here) who cannot be dealt with using logic, statistics, or reasonable conversation. It is then you decide to do one of two things:1) Either take the high road and refuse to talk sports with him at all, or 2) pay his girlfriend handsomely to wear your favorite OU T shirt, take a picture of her and leave it on his desk.

There is no "off" position on the genius switch......

StormySooner-IN
10/17/2008, 06:04 AM
I feel your pain.

The Big11/ND fans here are terrible. I started a thread on this exact topic last year. They are worse then anyone else...they'll make up any **** to get their **** across.

Jacie
10/17/2008, 06:43 AM
Let's see, except for the scheduling thing, ending the Sooner win streak at 47 games and ND being 9-1 alltime versus OU, the guy's blowing hot air.

As for the NBC deal, remind him that Oklahoma and Georgia took one for the team by breaking the NCAA's stranglehold on who decided which games get televised (used to be we got to choose between the one game that was on or not watching at all), and both schools paid dearly for it.

auto
10/17/2008, 07:12 AM
I lived in downtown Chicago for 5 years, you have no idea how bad being surrounded by the UM, Norte Lame, UW, and Luckeyes was.

sooneron
10/17/2008, 09:17 AM
Why not just tell him that all of those teams currently suck (cept MAYBE psu) and tell him to shut it.

It's to the point and true.

fossil
10/17/2008, 09:31 AM
;) How have you kept from murdering this dude???

badger
10/17/2008, 09:49 AM
Ask him how many bowl games he's won in the past... when was the last time they won a bowl game again? :confused:

EDIT: The answer is 1993.

Oh! And ask him that hard@$$ schedule worked out for him last year... and this year :D...probably next year...

Finally, go in for the kill with any references to Charlie Weis.

The contract: 10-year deal, which began with the 2006 season, and which was to be worth a reported $30–40 million, would keep Weis at Notre Dame through 2015.

Leads to:
"Hey, is 2015 here yet, or are you still stuck paying Weis $30-$40 million to have losing records?"

badger
10/17/2008, 09:51 AM
In conclusion, no team coached by someone on Bill Belly-check "Coach Hoody's" cheater staff at New England should talk about Oklahoma being cheaters.

picasso
10/17/2008, 09:57 AM
Tony Brooks.

If we cheated so badly with Switzer then how in the hell did Notre Dame get him away from us? Read Switzer's book, dude got paid.

Also, tell him to keep living in the past, because that's all he's got.

And remind him Stoops didn't want the job.

I take bigger poops than Lou Holtz.

KantoSooner
10/17/2008, 10:02 AM
Simply make the point to him that football is played, almost exclusively, in the southern portions of the US: the SEC and the Big12 (note that the Big 12 South is ridiculously better than the North). This is due to rampant 'nancy-ism' in natives of the Northern states. This is a scientific fact. Even in weird states like California, uSc is better than Oregon or Washington. Again, the SOUTH wins out.
It may be painful for natives of Northern tier states to come to grips with, but the fact remains: their masculinity doesn't match up. They are girlymen. Their packs are small.
Keep this line of drivel up for an hour or two and I guarantee you, he won't raise the issue again.
You're welcome.

soonermix
10/17/2008, 10:05 AM
remind him how tough the navy, san diego state, washington and syracuse are in that very tough notre dame schedule.

soonerboomer93
10/17/2008, 10:30 AM
Let's see, except for the scheduling thing, ending the Sooner win streak at 47 games and ND being 9-1 alltime versus OU, the guy's blowing hot air.

As for the NBC deal, remind him that Oklahoma and Georgia took one for the team by breaking the NCAA's stranglehold on who decided which games get televised (used to be we got to choose between the one game that was on or not watching at all), and both schools paid dearly for it.

The television contract part is partially true, as OU was offered the NBC contract first, but refused to leave the Big 8 (as I recall).

They also didn't want NBC basically controlling the schedule.

KingBarry
10/17/2008, 10:40 AM
"You see Oklahoma hates Notre Dame because they have more championships, busted their winning streak, and have their own network."

That's pretty much spot on, although the 1-9 record against them is another good reason to "hate" them.

I think I really hate them because they have this national love fest going on, I guess because ethnic Catholics decided for some reason that ND would be their team. Not other Catholic schools, no, Notre Dame.

We were building a national following back in the Wilkinson era, but it somehow fell apart. And now it's gone. TX has a much bigger national following than us.

And they are the most tradition rich football school in the country.

I hate them for these reasons. I guess, when you write them all down and take a look, I am jealous of them and their past success and their big market media followings. But hate them I do.

I guess there's nothing to do about it except win more than them in the future. ANd getting rid of Brent Venables would be a good first step.

SOONER STEAKER
10/17/2008, 10:55 AM
Put some TNT under his seat and tell him to kiss his *** goodbye.

MR2-Sooner86
10/17/2008, 11:00 PM
I must say I really want OU to play Notre Dame now. I even told him we've tried to reschedule them but Notre Dame is being difficult. Nope, "from what I heard OU was too scared to play Notre Dame again." God I want OU to destroy these *******s in a bowl.

SoonerLB
10/17/2008, 11:55 PM
Get a rope, time to visit "the tree."