PDA

View Full Version : CFN Prediction

CK Sooner
10/16/2008, 08:07 PM
Kansas (5-1) at Oklahoma (5-1), 3:30 EST ABC
Why to watch: While the Big 12 world will be focusing on the Missouri – Texas showdown, this has the potential to be a preview of the Big 12 title game. Oklahoma has a lot of work to do, needing to win out and needing Texas to lose twice, but that’s not all that far-fetched considering the remaining Longhorn schedule. After last week’s 45-35 loss, OU has to prove it belongs back among the elite of the elite with a big win over a good KU team that has to play a real, live Big 12 South schedule after missing all the big boys last year. The Jayhawks have been fine, but nothing too special as they’ve struggled to beat mediocre Iowa State and Colorado teams. A win over Oklahoma would change around the entire season. The offense has been throwing well thanks to yet another decent year from Todd Reesing, but the defense has been average and the running game is struggling to find a steady back. OU has won four straight over KU with the last Jayhawk win coming in 1997.
Why Kansas might win: Reesing has to be amazing. He doesn’t have the players around him that Colt McCoy enjoys, but he has enough weapons to work with that he can be McCoy-like and keep up in a shootout. KU has a good punt return game, and efficient passing attack, and it doesn’t make a whole slew of mistakes, the South Florida loss aside. If Oklahoma is down in any way after the loss to Texas, KU has the type of offense that can go on a 21-point run to make this very interesting. No one buckles when things are going south like the Sooners.
Why Oklahoma might win: The Kansas secondary isn’t all that great. It hasn’t exactly faced a slew of good passing games, but the pass defense is allowing 214 yards per game. Granted, that’s because most teams are in comeback mode, but OU’s passing game should be able to produce without too much of a problem. For the first time since the South Florida loss, Reesing will be under pressure for a full sixty minutes. He threw for 381 yards against the Bulls, but that was on 51 attempts.
Who to watch: Has Jake Sharp finally found a home in the KU backfield? He was supposed to be the starter last year, but he was quickly reduced into a role player. He was supposed to be the main man coming into this year, but he struggled to get a few carries here and there. Finally, the coaching staff adjusted to its quick back and threw out the power game with a strong payoff. Sharp ran 31 times for 118 yards nd three touchdowns against Colorado, and along with 79 rushing yards caught three passes for 79 yards and three touchdowns in the win over Iowa State two weeks ago.
What will happen: There won’t be any pouting here. Oklahoma will come out roaring as Sam Bradford will throw for 350 yards and four touchdowns on the way to a big lead. Reesing will help mount a little bit of a comeback, but the Jayhawk defense won’t be able to come up with enough key stops.
CFN Prediction: Oklahoma 44 … Kansas 23 … Line: Oklahoma -19

CK Sooner
10/16/2008, 08:09 PM
Crap!

OUHOMER
10/16/2008, 08:29 PM
****ing noobs :D

CK Sooner
10/16/2008, 08:55 PM
****ing noobs :D

I could of sworn I was in the Football Forum when I posted it.

:D

Whet
10/16/2008, 08:56 PM
playing a little flag football on the south oval?

Jayhawk Penguin
10/16/2008, 09:10 PM
Do you Gooners know how to use the internet?

CK Sooner
10/16/2008, 09:12 PM
Do you Gooners know how to use the internet?

:les: It's not my fault!

StoopTroup
10/16/2008, 11:44 PM
:rolleyes:

No one buckles when things are going south like the Sooners.

Penguin
10/17/2008, 12:04 AM
I hate it when people call us Gooners! :mad:

Sooner in Tampa
10/17/2008, 06:03 AM
It's so.........aggie :mad:

SoonerJack
10/17/2008, 07:57 AM
Jayhawk, Aggie, not much difference really.

SoonerStormchaser
10/17/2008, 08:46 AM

Tell me about it...

...if that Penguin troll shows up at the TG, he is so getting the 20xx treatment by me!