PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna say it...

SoonerStormchaser
10/16/2008, 12:32 PM
I kinda hope Arizona tanks so we can get Mike back. Not that I think we should ditch BV, but we're still missing the fire and killer instinct on D that we had from 99-03.

That is all.

OKLA21FAN
10/16/2008, 12:33 PM
now you have gone and done it!

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/16/2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122622

SoonerStormchaser
10/16/2008, 12:43 PM
So?

StoopTroup
10/16/2008, 12:57 PM
Mike who? ;)

primetime43
10/16/2008, 01:15 PM
Oklahoma's bowl record with Mike= 3-1 with 2 bcs wins.
Oklahoma's bowl record w/o Mike= 1-4 with 0 bcs wins.

I don't count 2003 with Mike because he left for Arizona after the regular season and he couldn't be 100% focused on LSU.

I see a trend here...

boomermagic
10/16/2008, 01:24 PM
Oklahoma's bowl record with Mike= 3-1 with 2 bcs wins.
Oklahoma's bowl record w/o Mike= 1-4 with 0 bcs wins.

I don't count 2003 with Mike because he left for Arizona after the regular season and he couldn't be 100% focused on LSU.

I see a trend here...

Yes, We could use him for sure..

CU Sooner
10/16/2008, 01:26 PM
I miss Mike Trepps too, he was great with John Brooks. So you think theres a chance he is coming back?:D

stoopified
10/16/2008, 01:54 PM
I miss Mike Trepps too, he was great with John Brooks. So you think theres a chance he is coming back?:D:)

Widescreen
10/16/2008, 02:07 PM
Has everyone forgotten how much we got burned by play-action while Mike was here? People were bitching about how his defenses were too aggressive and the guys were spending too much time peeking into the backfield and getting burned deep. Is the real answer that the players were at fault or the coaches? If it's the coaches why would we want Mike back?

starclassic tama
10/16/2008, 02:21 PM
get over it people, jesus. in case you haven't noticed, mike stoops took a HEAD COACHING job at the university of arizona 6 years ago. he has continually improved that program and is not coming back. if i were a mod you people would be banned for making stupid *** threads like this over and over.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/16/2008, 02:29 PM
Has everyone forgotten how much we got burned by play-action while Mike was here? People were bitching about how his defenses were too aggressive and the guys were spending too much time peeking into the backfield and getting burned deep. Is the real answer that the players were at fault or the coaches? If it's the coaches why would we want Mike back?

I liked the attitude Mike brought to the D but you are spot on. I think it's partially the players. Look at the beasts we had back then and how many went on to the NFL and are still playing there.

picasso
10/16/2008, 02:47 PM
I doubt he'd come back here. plus, the current coach would have to be fired or demoted.

CK Sooner
10/16/2008, 02:49 PM
get over it people, jesus. in case you haven't noticed, mike stoops took a HEAD COACHING job at the university of arizona 6 years ago. he has continually improved that program and is not coming back. if i were a mod you people would be banned for making stupid *** threads like this over and over.

Red people can't be mods.

;)

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2008, 02:51 PM
Maybe it's no big deal, but it must be awkward for the university to have a brother report to another brother as his boss. Maybe they handle that by having the assistant report to the AD instead of the head coach.

JLEW1818
10/16/2008, 02:59 PM
Athletic Director just needs to man up and offer him a ridiculous amount of money. ?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2008, 03:07 PM
Hell, I'd take BV all day long as a DC.

I personally blame DAVID BOREN. *insert dramatic music*

HopeSpringsEternal
10/16/2008, 03:10 PM

501 yards and 34 points given up to Oregon. The defense was called upon and had absolutely nothing to give.

35 points, a 200 yard rusher, and a bewilderingly confused defense against Kansas State. It took him all of 2 weeks for this feat of incompetency.

55 points and another bewilderingly confused defense all season long culminating in a dirty sanchez laid on them by USC.

43 points given up to Boise State and being embarrassed by multiple "trick" plays most people couldn't pull off in a backyard game.

48 points given up to WV as they do WHATEVER they damn well please ALL NIGHT LONG on yet another confused and dazed defense.

45 points given up to Texas as Colt is vaulted to Heisman hopeful by playing the vaunted OU defense.

Added to the last one, Vulnerables threw a sophomore LB under the bus so he wouldn't look like the incompetent oaf he is. He has now turned into Tommy Bowden Jr., what a puke.

I don't recall any of that happening with Mike here and any perceived faults someone had under his tenure pale in comparison to what BV has done. Yes I'd like it if Mike came back, but honestly, I really don't care as long as BV is gone or demoted.

Booner
10/16/2008, 04:28 PM
I think Mike is safe this year not because Arizona is so good but because the pac-it-in 10 is so bad. Arizona lost to a mediocre New Mexico team and to Stanford. He will have to work reall hard to lose to Arizona State or Washington State so that will get him up to 6 wins. So all he would need is a victory against any of (Oregon State, Oregon, Cal, or USC) to make it to 7 wins and bowl game.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2008, 06:15 PM
we need to go back to the 46

Frozen Sooner
10/16/2008, 06:22 PM
I'm relatively sure that Mike Stoops was still acting as DC for the KSU game.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2008, 06:35 PM
atm, osu, ksu....

coaches always get better the longer they are gone...except for blake

Curly Bill
10/16/2008, 06:38 PM
atm, osu, ksu....

coaches always get better the longer they are gone...except for blake

...and BV has in turn got worse the longer he's been here. :P

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2008, 06:41 PM
one I like about you cb...your consistent

Curly Bill
10/16/2008, 06:54 PM
one I like about you cb...your consistent

CB has coached the game for 15+ years, I don't claim to know as much as Stoops or even BV, but I know enough to know when someone is not getting the job done. :D