PDA

View Full Version : SI's Midseason Crystal Ball

Johnny Utah
10/16/2008, 12:08 PM
No love for the Sooners and only a little love for Sam:( . Hopefully this link can be accessed to save me copying and pasting the entire 2 page article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/10/16/midseason.crystalball/index.html?eref=si_topstories

OUMedMan
10/16/2008, 12:13 PM
Some interesting picks there.

Ohio state vs. Alabama in the Rose Bowl??

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/16/2008, 12:17 PM
Markazi: Mike Stoops, Arizona. It may seem hard to put a coach of a winning team (4-2) on the hot seat, but when those wins are against Idaho, Toledo, UCLA and Washington, it's really not. A fifth disappointing season in Tucson will earn Stoops a one-way ticket back to Oklahoma to help his brother, Bob.

FIRE BV!

soonerlaw
10/16/2008, 12:19 PM
Markazi: Mike Stoops, Arizona. It may seem hard to put a coach of a winning team (4-2) on the hot seat, but when those wins are against Idaho, Toledo, UCLA and Washington, it's really not. A fifth disappointing season in Tucson will earn Stoops a one-way ticket back to Oklahoma to help his brother, Bob.

... can't say I would be disappointed.

Sooner1979
10/16/2008, 12:39 PM
No love for the Sooners and only a little love for Sam:( . Hopefully this link can be accessed to save me copying and pasting the entire 2 page article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/10/16/midseason.crystalball/index.html?eref=si_topstories

I am more pissed about the love that USC is receiving after losing to an absolutely horrible team. OU has the ability to play themselves back into National Title talk with just a little help, but USC should still be on the outside looking in with the 1 loss group. They will have only played 1 ranked team that isnt even that good...The rest of their season is looking to be much of the same, maybe play 1 more Top 25 team, but the Sooners still have 3 Top 15 teams to play yet and if they run the table, they will and should get the love they deserve. After all, so far their only loss is to the #1 team.

And everybody, please get off the Coaches a*s. Yes they deserve some blame, but maybe Texas's players wanted it more that day and so some blame should be given to the players. If OU is truly deserving of another shot, they will respond by winning out. OU still has one of the top staffs in the Nation. That is why we even get a chance to lose in the "Big Games" and the "Big BCS Bowls". Sure, we could go to the Holiday Bowl and Cotton Bowl every year and probably win 90% of the time, but we don't go to sub par bowls, we go for the gusto.

Boomer Sooner

rainiersooner
10/16/2008, 02:41 PM
I choked about how many "USC in the title game" predictions I saw. Give me a break!!! We need a playoff!!!! There is an institutional and systematic problem with polls. If people lose they go down, if they win they go up. If you lose early in the season - a la USC - it doesn't matter what the "quality" of that loss is, as long as the people above you lose and you win. It's terrible.

rainiersooner
10/16/2008, 02:43 PM
And furthermore, I will be enduring/attending Washington -v- Oregon State this weekend and hoping UW takes it to the Beavers and stops this USC nonsense before it goes any further. Unfortunately, there is zero chance of that....

stoopified
10/16/2008, 02:45 PM
I am more pissed about the love that USC is receiving after losing to an absolutely horrible team. OU has the ability to play themselves back into National Title talk with just a little help, but USC should still be on the outside looking in with the 1 loss group. They will have only played 1 ranked team that isnt even that good...The rest of their season is looking to be much of the same, maybe play 1 more Top 25 team, but the Sooners still have 3 Top 15 teams to play yet and if they run the table, they will and should get the love they deserve. After all, so far their only loss is to the #1 team.

And everybody, please get off the Coaches a*s. Yes they deserve some blame, but maybe Texas's players wanted it more that day and so some blame should be given to the players. If OU is truly deserving of another shot, they will respond by winning out. OU still has one of the top staffs in the Nation. That is why we even get a chance to lose in the "Big Games" and the "Big BCS Bowls". Sure, we could go to the Holiday Bowl and Cotton Bowl every year and probably win 90% of the time, but we don't go to sub par bowls, we go for the gusto.

Boomer SoonerAll of the above is true,and I especially agree with the second paragraph.

SoonerLB
10/16/2008, 04:52 PM
All of the above is true,and I especially agree with the second paragraph.

ME TOO!

Edmond Sooner
10/16/2008, 09:21 PM
Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl? Someone's lost their mind.

On the Rose Bowl prediction, OU vs. Alabama, if we couldn't play in a NC that would be the next best thing.<----- This is just an opinion, your mileage will vary.

Of course, I'd prefer Texas lose twice and we win out to play in the NC. Go Tigers!

Johnny Utah
10/16/2008, 09:25 PM

Boomer Sooner

Funny :D how almost every other thread gets hijacked into a discussion on the coaches ... even if that's not the initial intent.

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 12:06 AM
Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl? Someone's lost their mind!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/hornetscentralgm/Traber.jpghttp://images.radcity.net/6779/2446283.jpg