PDA

View Full Version : OKTOBERFEST ist wunderbar

Okla-homey
10/16/2008, 07:38 AM
went to the corporate night doings last night. This 30th anniversary fest is off the hook. You guys owe it to yourselves to check it out if you've never been.

That is all.

Boomer.....
10/16/2008, 02:15 PM
I'm planning on going tomorrow afternoon and evening.

OKLA21FAN
10/16/2008, 02:16 PM
another reason why ...........................

TULSA > okc

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2008, 02:33 PM
Ein prosit!

NormanPride
10/16/2008, 02:41 PM
When are you at your stand, Homey?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2008, 02:45 PM
Homey has a stand?

EDIT: Also, I read Siegi's has a booth out there somewhere. If you don't partake in their coarse ground bratwurst, arguably the best brat I have had in my few days on this planet, you are an unwashed heathen and have disgraced the fatherland.

IB4OU2
10/16/2008, 02:51 PM
Warning! If severe weather is in the forecast please wear a hard hat!

:chicken:

NormanPride
10/16/2008, 02:56 PM
It's not Homey's stand, but he worked at one last year.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2008, 03:16 PM
Warning! If severe weather is in the forecast please wear a hard hat!

:chicken:

And remind EMSA that they're the transport agency for the City of Tulsa and not sworn public safety officers, the designated agency having jurisdiction, have the capability or functionality to deal with multi-casualty, multi-hazard scenarios, or the training to perform as the lead agency in a large scale, multi-agency unified command incident.

And you as a patient have the right to refuse care from some pierced, tattoo'ed up clown in a white shirt with a fake tin badge that works as a fancy bus driver.

[/rant]

Whet
10/16/2008, 03:24 PM
who is the designated IC?

Okla-homey
10/16/2008, 04:33 PM
When are you at your stand, Homey?

I'm working Friday night, but will be there tonight to watch Frau Homey, the German American Society of Tulsa Mai Konigin, officially open the festivities.

StoopTroup
10/16/2008, 04:46 PM
Homey....

Will you be the guy in the chicken hat with a pitcher in your hand? :D ;)

NormanPride
10/16/2008, 05:21 PM
Awesome. We'll be there on Friday, so count on getting us some free stuff. ;)

picasso
10/16/2008, 05:45 PM
mine svon stukka!

Okla-homey
10/17/2008, 05:49 AM
btw, the schnitzengruben are mahvelous this year.

Boomer.....
10/17/2008, 08:19 AM
http://www.tulsaoktoberfest.org/food_and_food_vendors.html

So is it a consensus that Siegi's has the best brats? This will be my 1st time there. What are some things that I need to know/eat/drink?

Okla-homey
10/17/2008, 08:49 AM

So is it a consensus that Siegi's has the best brats? This will be my 1st time there. What are some things that I need to know/eat/drink?

Buy your food from the German American Society tent. Our sausages are the best (brats, polish, knocks). Siegi's are good, but, believe it or not, ours are flown in fresh from der Vaterland. Plus, we sell fresh hot potato pancakes and imported stolen.

Buy your beer from the tent marked Bier Stube. That's the only place you can get German beer (Spaten, Warsteiner, etc.)

OU-HSV
10/17/2008, 09:00 AM
I went last year for the first time.
It was fun, but my gosh, there's a line to buy coupons for beer....then there's separate lines to use your coupon to buy beer. Then you run out of coupons because the beer is so damn expensive, then you have to get back in the coupon line. I hate lines, and the wait in line is a buzz killer, not to mention you have to walk a mile from the parking are to get to the party area.
Anyways, doubt I'll go this year cause I'd need to take about $100 (at least) for the liquid meal. I'll sit at home and drink a couple in honor of Oktoberfest though. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2008, 09:55 AM
Buy your food from the German American Society tent. Our sausages are the best (brats, polish, knocks). Siegi's are good, but, believe it or not, ours are flown in fresh from der Vaterland. Plus, we sell fresh hot potato pancakes and imported stolen.

Buy your beer from the tent marked Bier Stube. That's the only place you can get German beer (Spaten, Warsteiner, etc.)

And if they have it (which I doubt), I'd highly recommend the Warsteiner Dunkel. It's a weizen, AKA a wheat beer, but the wheat and barley in the mash is roasted near chocolate in color, giving it a dark hue. The beauty of it is that it remains bright like a hefeweizen, but has an almost smoky character and is as smooth as a prom queen's thighs. Not hoppy like a schwarzbier, not heavy like a porter. Very good stuff if you're hunting for a dark, but not hunting for the typical dark characteristics. Goes great with sausages. And speaking of a good beer, if they have a schwarzbier (black lager), jump on it. Quality through and through and my current beer of choice with red meats.

And you can never go wrong with the Franziskaner hefeweizen. They had that last year. It's kinda thin on draft compared to bottled, but it doesn't blow up with the fruity finish like a lot of hefes. It's subtle, yet it's still there, and goes like gold with 'tater pancakes.

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 10:07 AM
btw, the schnitzengruben are mahvelous this year.

Yeah yeah...

The food is always good....

But what about the chicken hats?

Did you buy a new one or is the old one still in good shape? :D ;)

http://www.partycheap.com/v/vspfiles/photos/60217-1.jpg

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 10:08 AM
Also....

Do they have the big mugs this year? :D

http://laist.com/attachments/la_kuhlman/250974955_83937954f9.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
10/17/2008, 10:17 AM
Also....

Do they have the big mugs this year? :D

http://laist.com/attachments/la_kuhlman/250974955_83937954f9.jpg

I'd hit that pretty lil' thing on the right like Mantle in Tiger Stadium.

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 10:19 AM

But...

You'd settle for one of the belly dancers now wouldn't you? :D ;)

http://a135.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/38/l_9998299d30a69b404e4fb9af09e3cd26.jpg

perculator
10/17/2008, 10:30 AM

i routinely shop at seigi's and they're good. but it's not anywhere close to getting one of the street in germany.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/perculator/PICT3877.jpg

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 10:34 AM
SOFT PRON !

Post Reported ! :D ;)

OU-HSV
10/17/2008, 02:29 PM

No doubt about that. She's a looker indeed

GottaHavePride
10/17/2008, 08:22 PM
Dammit, Homey!

Would you tell the organizers to quit planning Oktoberfest on weekends I can't go?

Okla-homey
10/17/2008, 10:37 PM
Most bizarre Oktoberfest experience evar:

So, our Society has a dedicated port-a-crapper out behind our tent for the exclusive use of members who are working at our vendor tent sellings Polish, knocks, brats, etc. -- so folks don't have to wait in line and can get back to work. Mrs. Homey felt the call and proceeded thereto.

She pulls open the door, and what do her wondering eyes spy?

A couple of random and besotted twenty-somethings getting jiggy. She's on her knees perfoming a Bravo Juliet while he's got her shirt up to her neck and reaching down tuning her knobs like he's trying to find a good AM radio station on her chest.

They both freeze. Mrs. Homey apologized, and went to pee elsewhere.

Now, we've been married a very long time, and we've done it in some unusual places, but never a port-a-pooper. Yikes!

That is all.

bri
10/17/2008, 10:44 PM
They're gonna have to start keeping an eye on the port-a-johns at the tailgates now, aren't they?

If the flatbed's a rockin', don't come a-knockin'!!

StoopTroup
10/18/2008, 12:59 AM
Was the guy wearing a chicken hat Homey?

That would have been a cool pic. :D