PDA

View Full Version : When are the Republicans gonna learn...

batonrougesooner
10/16/2008, 12:06 AM
that the way to get elected is promise the world to everybody and then just do what you want once you get in there?

Its gonna work for Obama this year I'm afraid.

landrun
10/16/2008, 12:20 AM
They did that the last 2 elections.

The Republicans promised to act like Republicans but then acted just like Democrats and increased the size of government enough to make any Democrat proud. They've introduced the socialization of our banking system and have pretty much done more to disappoint me than Gore or Kerry would have.

If we lose, we deserver it. They have done nothing substantial to address energy prices and I can NOT believe they voted for the bailout which will do nothing but increase our national debt.

My Opinion Matters
10/16/2008, 07:57 AM
Duh. They already know the best way to win an election is to steal it.

85Sooner
10/16/2008, 08:00 AM
Duh. They already know the best way to win an election is to steal it.

Yup that is what I see. Folks like acorn lining up to sign up those big bad republicans fool.

SoonerStormchaser
10/16/2008, 10:02 AM
that the way to get elected is promise the world to everybody and then just do what you want once you get in there?

Its gonna work for Obama this year I'm afraid.

Obama isn't gonna do 5% of what he promises to do...bank it!

humblesooner
10/16/2008, 10:21 AM
Obama isn't gonna do 5% of what he promises to do...bank it!

Unfortunately for the working stiffs (you and me), there is no "checks and balances" or "report card" to force them to live up to their platform ideas (political promises).

Therefore, you can promise anything you want and not have to worry about it.

StoopTroup
10/16/2008, 10:29 AM
Barry is gonna pay off the National Debt with all you rich bastards money...

The rest of us will continue to live simple lives without stress and feed from the SoonerFan coolers of free beer that will last until Dean is forced to use free healthcare...:D ;)

At least I'll have The Selmon Brothers Autographs hanging in my new FEMA Trailer. :D

Sooner in Tampa
10/16/2008, 10:38 AM
Duh. They already know the best way to win an election is to steal it.Whine like a bitch much...that was 8 years ago...GET OVER IT.

And the last time I checked SCOTUS doesn't equate to "stealing" anything.

My Opinion Matters
10/16/2008, 10:40 AM
Yup that is what I see. Folks like acorn lining up to sign up those big bad republicans fool.

:confused:

My Opinion Matters
10/16/2008, 11:54 AM
Whine like a bitch much...that was 8 years ago...GET OVER IT.

And the last time I checked SCOTUS doesn't equate to "stealing" anything.

A little touchy aren't we?

Can't take a joke much?

Taxman71
10/16/2008, 04:29 PM
At least I'll have The Selmon Brothers Autographs hanging in my new FEMA Trailer. :D

Yes, but your formaldehyde smell with make everyone think you're an aggie.

picasso
10/16/2008, 05:47 PM
Barry is gonna pay off the National Debt with all you rich bastards money...

The rest of us will continue to live simple lives without stress and feed from the SoonerFan coolers of free beer that will last until Dean is forced to use free healthcare...:D ;)

the rich folks already pay a ton. I need them to have extra spending monies yo.
gottsda sell my arts an chit maiiiiin.

VeeJay
10/16/2008, 05:55 PM
My dad told me that in the early 60's he was in a coffee shop early one morning in Mississippi with a friend and the mayor of the local town walked in. My dad's friend knew the mayor, who'd recently been re-elected. The mayor was talking about the election, and said "When you're running for office, just tell the people what they want to hear. Then, when you get in there, you can do whatever you want to do."

Sooner in Tampa
10/17/2008, 06:06 AM
A little touchy aren't we?

Can't take a joke much?

No I love jokes...kinda like the one that is about to elected for POTUS. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
10/17/2008, 06:26 AM
The same day they start wearing t-shirts that say Michelle Obama is a c@#t, they lie about racism and deflect it against the opponent when confronted about it, they develop websites to write crap and then allow the media to treat it as news...

batonrougesooner
10/17/2008, 06:54 AM
The same day they start wearing t-shirts that say Michelle Obama is a c@#t, they lie about racism and deflect it against the opponent when confronted about it, they develop websites to write crap and then allow the media to treat it as news...

It's hard for me to believe that the democrats would really wear a t-shirt that said that. The rest doesn't surprise me though. ;)