PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Fans in Your General Vicinity

Sooner04
10/15/2008, 09:12 PM
We've got a guy in front of us who, by himself, is worth the price of admission. We're way up in the nosebleeds of the West Side Upper Deck, but this guy's convinced the coaches are hanging on his every word.

He's a Marine, probably about 40, and he comes unglued at the slightest injustice or smallest mistake. Oh, how he hates our special teams. The kickoff hasn't even reached its apex yet and he's berating Stoops for not finding a "gol dern" kicker who can get the ball into the endzone.

Here are some other gems:

"Geez oh Pete, somebody make a flippin' play!"

"Friggin' A!" <----20 times a game, regardless of score.

Everybody is packed in tight at the beginning of the game, but he creates his own cushion by the end of the night. He's always got at least one seat empty to either side by the end, sometimes two. People always clear out in front of him first. The guy can pack some decibels into that voice while sitting, and I can't imagine how loud he'd be if standing.

I'll be very sad if he ever leaves. Of course, I'm behind him and a few seats down, so I'm not getting his full wrath. I've instructed the wife to bring a notepad Saturday to record these rants for posterity.

The guy's blood pressure during the game has got to be 250/147.

mojorisen2014
10/15/2008, 09:23 PM
Not anyone on that level, which i moved seats this year and sold my season tickets before the year started, so havent had a chance to meet my new neighbors yet.

sooner59
10/15/2008, 09:38 PM
I wish there were more crazy fans in the student section. If im screaming when we are on D and its 3rd and 8 at mid-field and I look down below me and see one more student sitting down not watching the game and just having social hour im going to implode. That and when im yelling trying to make it loud and I look around and over half of the people around me are just watching with their mouth shut. For goodness sake, its the student section people....we are supposed to be the rowdy and loud squad. Sometimes I think us students get complacent and are shown up by the NEZ and other sections.

SeattleOUstudent
10/15/2008, 09:40 PM
Not anyone on that level, which i moved seats this year and sold my season tickets before the year started, so havent had a chance to meet my new neighbors yet.

Is that a sentence?

04, I was in 101 for the Cincy game. Dont recall hearing the guy. I love those upper deck seats, though. Im pretty sure Ross would have gotten into a fight with that guy you described.

nativesooner
10/15/2008, 10:42 PM
Every time OU gets a first down we have a guy that stands up and yells "AND THAT'S GOOD FOR ANOTHER OKLAHOMA!!" and a few fans yell "FIRST DOWN!!" with him. He does it every first down. He always yells at the rest of us wanting us to say "first down" but no one does. Once a lady said "that's something that OSU does!!" He said "oh yeah, well I did it first!!" lol!

StoopTroup
10/16/2008, 09:50 AM
Every time OU gets a first down we have a guy that stands up and yells "AND THAT'S GOOD FOR ANOTHER OKLAHOMA!!" and a few fans yell "FIRST DOWN!!" with him. He does it every first down. He always yells at the rest of us wanting us to say "first down" but no one does. Once a lady said "that's something that OSU does!!" He said "oh yeah, well I did it first!!" lol!

I might have told her..."Shut up loser...get off your lazy a$$ and cheer!" :D

badger
10/16/2008, 09:58 AM
I wish there were more crazy fans in the student section.

I love what the BYX guys have done in the past few years as far as the capes, the Superman homemade shirts, etc. We need about a thousand more of them :)

soonervegas
10/16/2008, 09:58 AM
I don't know about Crazy fans, but I did have my fair share of morons when I sat in Section 104. One particular family was loaded with winners.

We had the mom that could constantly yell "use you imagination!" when Mangino would call a run play on 3rd and 2. (Which we would pick up of course)

The dad and the son would constantly berate how pitiful the fans were and how our stadium wasn't loud. These are the same two fans that asked us to sit down at the OU/Nebraska game in 2000, during a crucial 3rd down mind you.

We sell our tickets now and pick some up at the game just to avoid this family.

Our course we haven't won a national championship since we left those seats. I wonder if I should go back to see if I can change the mojo? No, I would rather go 10-2 every year than listen to those morons.

Lott's Bandana
10/16/2008, 10:03 AM

That lady is RIGHT! I hate that manufactured cheerleading the Boone St. corral announcer does...next thing they'll be doing the waving wheat and rockin to Zombie Nation.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

badger
10/16/2008, 10:10 AM
We had an annoying kid in the lower area near the flagpoles at the Cinci game (we were about 50 rows up from the opposing fans). I finally silenced him when he decided to yell about the game not going on (that was when their QB went down). His mom looked like she was going to die of embarrassment after I politely said that it wasn't right to remark like that during a player injury.

Sasakwa
10/16/2008, 10:45 AM
"that's something that OSU does!!"

But there its the PA guy, not a fan. I understand how he could get annoying though.

Lott's Bandana
10/16/2008, 10:49 AM
45 days...

Mebbe you should register for a month or so as Cheesehead or sompthin. ;)

badger
10/16/2008, 10:53 AM
Mebbe you should register for a month or so as Cheesehead or sompthin. ;)

I'm not to that point yet... but what happens in the next 45 days might change that.

StoopTroup
10/16/2008, 11:02 AM
BTW....

I am the Crazy Neighbor in my area. :D

kevpks
10/16/2008, 11:29 AM
I hate the overflow fans who sit on the stairs and cop an attitude when you ask them to stop blocking the aisle. Specifically, there was a large group of Mizzou fans who did that last year. By the end of the game I was glad they were there though.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/16/2008, 11:36 AM
We have a chick that insists on calling out every player's first and last name when cheering them on.

"Go Demarco Murray! Go Demarco MURRAY! YEAH! YEAH! DEMARCO MURRAY!!! RUN DEMARCO MURRAY!!! YEA!!! Alright! Good job Demarco Murray!"

Then the guy behind us freaks out and embarrasses his son by bitching at ANY call that the ref makes. No matter how obvious the foul.

deweydw
10/16/2008, 11:51 AM
Every time OU gets a first down we have a guy that stands up and yells "AND THAT'S GOOD FOR ANOTHER OKLAHOMA!!" and a few fans yell "FIRST DOWN!!" with him.

The announcer at the Houston Texans games says this exact same thing. (insert Texans of course)

picasso
10/16/2008, 12:09 PM
we sat in Dean's seats at the TCU game and lets just say the lady behind him is a bit annoying. you know, one of those I want everyone to hear what I'm saying people.

badger
10/16/2008, 12:19 PM
We have a chick that insists on calling out every player's first and last name when cheering them on.

"Go Demarco Murray! Go Demarco MURRAY! YEAH! YEAH! DEMARCO MURRAY!!! RUN DEMARCO MURRAY!!! YEA!!! Alright! Good job Demarco Murray!"

Then the guy behind us freaks out and embarrasses his son by bitching at ANY call that the ref makes. No matter how obvious the foul.

At least she was never a fan of Dikembe Mutombo. Observe:

"Go Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo! Go Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques WAMUTOMBO! YEAH! YEAH! DIKEMBE MUTOMBO MPOLONDO MUKAMBA JEAN-JAQUES WAMUTOMBO! RUN DIKEMBE MUTOMBO MPOLONDO MUKAMBA JEAN-JAQUES WAMUTOMBO! YEA!!! Alright! Good job Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo!"

That was the longest athlete name I could think of offhand. I would have subbed it for a Sooner if I could think of any. :D

OKLA21FAN
10/16/2008, 12:32 PM
isn't there some rule that when OU is defense and putting good pressure on a ball carrier that most the women in the stands should stand up and as loud as they can yell, 'GET HIM'!!!!!!!!!

at least mrs okla21fan sez there is this rule somewhere. :pop:

picasso
10/16/2008, 12:41 PM
why do we always try to start the wave in the 2nd half when we're on offense?

Lott's Bandana
10/16/2008, 12:45 PM
the wave.

Crazy George thinks that's meh.

OUstud
10/16/2008, 01:22 PM
I don't know about Crazy fans, but I did have my fair share of morons when I sat in Section 104. One particular family was loaded with winners.

We had the mom that could constantly yell "use you imagination!" when Mangino would call a run play on 3rd and 2. (Which we would pick up of course)

The dad and the son would constantly berate how pitiful the fans were and how our stadium wasn't loud. These are the same two fans that asked us to sit down at the OU/Nebraska game in 2000, during a crucial 3rd down mind you.

We sell our tickets now and pick some up at the game just to avoid this family.

Our course we haven't won a national championship since we left those seats. I wonder if I should go back to see if I can change the mojo? No, I would rather go 10-2 every year than listen to those morons.

Ah, section 104. That's where I was 99-04. I can assure you I'm not from that family you reference though :D .

PalmBeachSooner1
10/16/2008, 04:50 PM
We've got a guy in front of us who, by himself, is worth the price of admission. We're way up in the nosebleeds of the West Side Upper Deck, but this guy's convinced the coaches are hanging on his every word.

He's a Marine, probably about 40, and he comes unglued at the slightest injustice or smallest mistake. Oh, how he hates our special teams. The kickoff hasn't even reached its apex yet and he's berating Stoops for not finding a "gol dern" kicker who can get the ball into the endzone.

Here are some other gems:

"Geez oh Pete, somebody make a flippin' play!"

"Friggin' A!" <----20 times a game, regardless of score.

Everybody is packed in tight at the beginning of the game, but he creates his own cushion by the end of the night. He's always got at least one seat empty to either side by the end, sometimes two. People always clear out in front of him first. The guy can pack some decibels into that voice while sitting, and I can't imagine how loud he'd be if standing.

I'll be very sad if he ever leaves. Of course, I'm behind him and a few seats down, so I'm not getting his full wrath. I've instructed the wife to bring a notepad Saturday to record these rants for posterity.

The guy's blood pressure during the game has got to be 250/147.

That's funny but considering most on the west side sit on their hands.... I find it refreshing

Fraggle145
10/16/2008, 05:19 PM
I love what the BYX guys have done in the past few years as far as the capes, the Superman homemade shirts, etc. We need about a thousand more of them :)

I cant stand these guys. Half of em do the down horns... all the time. And I've heard many tales from friends that they are dicks. If anyone comes close to sitting near them they push em out. I think the capes and **** are gay too. JMHO.

SoonerSnareMom
10/17/2008, 05:55 AM
Funniest one we ever heard was at last year's opener against the University of North Texas. In Todd Dodge's prior job as coach of Southlake Carroll, his teams beat our high school team every single year -- by a landslide. As the Sooners scored and scored on the "Mean Green," the guy behind us stood up and yelled, "This ain't no Southlake Carroll, Dodge!" My husband and I laughed 'til we cried. Revenge is SO sweet -- even years later! Boomer Sooner!

humblesooner
10/17/2008, 12:55 PM
isn't there some rule that when OU is defense and putting good pressure on a ball carrier that most the women in the stands should stand up and as loud as they can yell, 'GET HIM'!!!!!!!!!

at least mrs okla21fan sez there is this rule somewhere. :pop:

Women? :O :O

Sooner04
10/17/2008, 04:17 PM
Funniest one we ever heard was at last year's opener against the University of North Texas. In Todd Dodge's prior job as coach of Southlake Carroll, his teams beat our high school team every single year -- by a landslide. As the Sooners scored and scored on the "Mean Green," the guy behind us stood up and yelled, "This ain't no Southlake Carroll, Dodge!" My husband and I laughed 'til we cried. Revenge is SO sweet -- even years later! Boomer Sooner!
Uhh, you weren't sitting in 105 that game, were you? I heaped some pretty ugly insults Todd Dodge's way throughout that game.

If I were the Athletic Director, I would've had Bosworth at midfield for the coin toss for that game just for old time's sake. When Todd Dodge is having bad dreams, he's thinking of Brian Bosworth.