PDA

View Full Version : TCU can make us look good . . .

Jacie
10/15/2008, 07:32 PM
. . . if they can beat an undefeated and potential BCS buster Sons of Brigham Young team this weekend at Amon Carter Stadium.

Go Frogs!

SeattleOUstudent
10/15/2008, 07:39 PM
tomorrow night, actually

OK2LA
10/15/2008, 07:54 PM
WE are the only team that can make us look good

Curly Bill
10/15/2008, 08:13 PM

Exactly what I was gonna post.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 08:24 PM
I agree with both of you, but if TCU tears the Mormons apart, it could end up helping us in the long run. I'm not going to cheer, but it would be nice to see TCU win.

CK Sooner
10/15/2008, 08:38 PM
Exactly what I was gonna post.

Sure...

;)

sooneron
10/15/2008, 08:49 PM
I would be happy if tcu put media darlings du week down a bit.

Curly Bill
10/15/2008, 09:00 PM
I agree with both of you, but if TCU tears the Mormons apart, it could end up helping us in the long run. I'm not going to cheer, but it would be nice to see TCU win.

It could help us, but I don't think it would make us look any better.

CtheB
10/15/2008, 09:13 PM
They've seen BYU's offense already, run with better and faster players. They're playing this game at home. They've got more than a sporting chance to do it.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/15/2008, 11:27 PM

I know what Jacie means though. TCU is #1 in total defense right now even after playing OU. If we lose again then it probably doesn't matter. We won't be in the NCAA title hunt or the conf title hunt for that matter.

If we run the table though it will help us in the polls and BCS standings if BYU loses...and especially to a team we beat soundly. If TCU winds up winning the Mountain West and Cincy finishes high or wins the Big East it will help our SOS.

Also in a related note...it wouldn't hurt Bradford's bid for a Heisman if Max Hall has a less than stellar performance against BYU.

tooslow
10/16/2008, 12:19 AM
IMO, a TCU loss would affect us, perception wise, more than a win. If BYU blows TCU out, let's say 50-10, you can imagine the media and reactions from fans around the country. A win by TCU would improve our SOS and people would think, "BYU is overrated", more than they would OU beating the team that beat BYU. At this point, I'm hoping every team on our schedule wins out, except when they play us. Of course, the Okies will have to beat Texas. If OU, Texas, and OSU finish at 11-1, a 3 way tie would most likely propel us into the CCG and ?????

rainiersooner
10/16/2008, 12:27 AM
Why does OU get the nod in a 3 way tie?

Salt City Sooner
10/16/2008, 12:30 AM
That wouldn't be automatic, but I'd give us a pretty good chance in that scenario due to having lost first & having a bit more time to climb back up.

tooslow
10/16/2008, 12:58 AM
Why does OU get the nod in a 3 way tie?

OU would "most likely" be ranked higher in the BCS, which would be the tie breaker should OU, UT, and OSU all finish with one loss(as long as the 1 loss is to each other and no other team). The highest ranked BCS team goes to the CCG. The tie-breakers before the BCS rule would all result in ties. This is per the Big XII rules on tie-breakers.

tooslow
10/16/2008, 01:01 AM
That wouldn't be automatic, but I'd give us a pretty good chance in that scenario due to having lost first & having a bit more time to climb back up.

Exactly. If we had beat UT, but lost a late game to a 1 loss OSU team(who lost to UT), there'd be a possibility of UT getting the nod for the CCG. Like they say every year, better to lose early in college football than later. Yes, it's a flawed system, but it's all we have.

FroggyStyle22
10/16/2008, 01:21 AM
I would love it if we won but I am not too hopefull. Our offense is HORRIBLE we put up a wopping 13 points against powerhouse Colorado State. Plus BYU has a way of getting an inordinate number of calls (or no calls) go their way in conference games. For instance their offensive line hasn't had a single holding call called on them all year. 6 games and not one holding call. No one is that good.

Statalyzer
10/16/2008, 05:53 PM
You guys already look pretty good. Going undefeated isn't very common even for the powerhouses, and I seriously doubt anybody goes 13-0 through the Big XII CCG this year. Everybody knows you're one of the best 10 teams in the country and probably top 5.

sooner59
10/16/2008, 08:18 PM
Well, they are making us look good right now.

ruf/nekdad
10/16/2008, 08:31 PM
I would love it if we won but I am not too hopefull. Our offense is HORRIBLE we put up a wopping 13 points against powerhouse Colorado State. Plus BYU has a way of getting an inordinate number of calls (or no calls) go their way in conference games. For instance their offensive line hasn't had a single holding call called on them all year. 6 games and not one holding call. No one is that good.

No so fast my friend. TCU leads 23-zip in the first half.

Soonerus
10/16/2008, 08:39 PM
Frogs looking good...

OUthunder
10/16/2008, 08:46 PM
TCU has a very good defense.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/16/2008, 09:09 PM
TCU is making us look great. Their defense is totally dominating BYU. Max Hall was really a bit of a longshot for the Heisman anyway but barring one the the biggest 2nd half comebacks in history you can scratch him off.

sooner59
10/16/2008, 09:15 PM
If we are in the position to win out and look for help, TCU can really help us in the human and computer polls. Im hoping they finish with 1 loss and the Mountain West title.

Salt City Sooner
10/16/2008, 11:46 PM
They have to go to Utah, so that'll be a toughie, but even so, it'd take a pretty big upset for them to finish any worse than 10-2. Their other games are Wyoming & Air Force at home, plus a trip to Vegas.

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 12:01 AM
TCU>BYU.

Nice win for the horn froggers.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/17/2008, 12:08 AM
I agree with both of you, but if TCU tears the Mormons apart, it could end up helping us in the long run. I'm not going to cheer, but it would be nice to see TCU win.YES! BTW, do the frogs have "special, Texas-style" refs?

PS: Looks as though the frogs didn't need those refs to win.

FroggyStyle22
10/17/2008, 12:32 AM
Wow, I just got home from the game. Have to say I did not see this one coming. Our D was playing lights out tonight. I probably won't be able to talk tomorrow. Man I love seeing BYU get whipped!!

Go Sooners beat KU!!

birddog
10/17/2008, 07:15 AM
Wow, I just got home from the game. Have to say I did not see this one coming. Our D was playing lights out tonight. I probably won't be able to talk tomorrow. Man I love seeing BYU get whipped!!

Go Sooners beat KU!!

gotta say, i'm not shocked that you all handled them like you did. your defense would contain just about any team in the country.

good win. congrats.

sozo
10/17/2008, 08:18 AM
We are going to need all the help we can get!

St. Louis Sooner
10/17/2008, 10:37 PM
i love watching byu get beat ... especially embarrassed ... ever since they won the NC many years ago by beating a slow michigan squad in the holiday bowl, i've realized they are fakes; go frogs

does anyone know if the frogs' D-coord is going to be looking to move on anytime soon? ...

sorry, i couldn't resist :rolleyes: