PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Brown's Media Maturity

FlatheadSooner
10/15/2008, 07:05 PM
My initial impression with Brown's responses to this media interview is that he pays attention to what is being asked and responds fairly quickly with good concise answers. Seems mature and more cognitive than I imagined he was - no real good baseline before.

javascript:window.open('http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/08-09/video/m-footbl/10oct/20081014_i_brown.wmv&school=okla&','VideoPlayer','toolbar=no,resizable=no,scrollbar s=no,width=750,height=460'); void('')

Statalyzer
10/16/2008, 05:33 PM
I think the perception of Mack in interviews has been colored by two isolated events.

The "I'll answer it for Chris" early this decade is one, and he deserved getting criticized for that IMO. I like how he refuses to throw players under the bus and says "We're the ones getting paid to win these games and it's our fault if we don't do that", but interrupting his QB to shield him from any negative questions took it too far. At least he didn't scream that he was A MAN.

The other was his 2004 "I think we belong in the BCS, please vote us in." which got unfairly called "whining" and was also incorrectly credited with us jumping Cal for the Rose Bowl. First off, we lost ground in the polls two days after Mack made that statement. We gained the next week when Cal played poorly against a weak Southern Miss team. Plus, Cal lost to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl while we won the Rose Bowl. Yet Cal and the West Coast component of the media still complain that Mack whined his way in and Cal deserved it more.