PDA

View Full Version : Who is the guy that's...

Dan Thompson
10/15/2008, 06:53 PM
on the sideline at each home game wearing the big black cowboy had?

He is in his late 50s or early 60s, wears glasses and is on the heavy side.

What does he normally do or is he retired?

setem
10/15/2008, 06:56 PM
I think you may be talking about JR or Jim Ross he is a WWF wrestiling announcer and huge Sooner fan.

He owns JR's BBQ as well. I never tried it so I can't say yay or nay on it.

THIS BE HIM?
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/33/336813.jpg

RacerX
10/15/2008, 06:56 PM
Jim Ross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Ross)

PalmBeachSooner1
10/15/2008, 07:00 PM
Why do famous people get sideline passes? Toby is the same way. Did either even go to OU?

CK Sooner
10/15/2008, 07:02 PM
Why do famous people get sideline passes? Toby is the same way. Did either even go to OU?

Famous people get whatever they want.

Go be a huge movie star, or something and you can get some too.

:D

setem
10/15/2008, 07:03 PM

I believe Toby played in the Red & White game back in the day. I don't know what the deal was behind that but I know he played because he got hurt and had to carted off the field.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/15/2008, 07:03 PM
True.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/15/2008, 07:04 PM
Kind of like watching Tiger cruising around in his $20 million Yacht. Flaunt it.

CK Sooner
10/15/2008, 07:06 PM
I believe Toby played in the Red & White game back in the day. I don't know what the deal was behind that but I know he played because he got hurt and had to carted off the field.

the United States Football League (USFL) was forming, and the semi-pro Oklahoma City Drillers became a farm team for the league's Tulsa Outlaws. “I missed playing football so bad,” Keith says. “I wished I'd kicked my butt in high school and gone on to play in college. So I tried out, and I actually made the cut.” At 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds, he played defensive end for two years, still managing to play with his band, where size was also an asset: When a fight broke out in the bar, he'd put down his guitar and jump offstage to restore order.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/15/2008, 07:16 PM
Nice. I stand corrected.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/15/2008, 08:40 PM
He owns JR's BBQ as well. I never tried it so I can't say yay or nay on it.

I ate there once during December Ice Storm 2007 when my apartment didn't have power for 3 days. Not bad, for a fancy, sit-down BBQ place. If nothing else, there's a lot of neat OU and WWF stuff on the walls.

CK Sooner
10/15/2008, 08:41 PM
I think one of them has a steak house in Bethany.

I may be wrong though.

nativesooner
10/15/2008, 10:47 PM
On the wrestling shows Mr Ross would always play Boomer Sooner to start the show and introduce himself. As far as the food goes, I'd say for bbq in Norman it's pretty dang good! I mean I liked it the three times I've been. :) It's not the best in the world because I've eaten bbq in Memphis and KC but it's good.

GottaHavePride
10/15/2008, 11:08 PM
Yes. The Rendezvous is, indeed, the best bbq ever.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/15/2008, 11:19 PM

I'm not famous and I got sideline passes once. Granted it was during the Blake years and was probably about 10X easier to get than now.

SoonerShark
10/15/2008, 11:28 PM
At least Toby hasn't been caught playing bongos naked yet as per another school's famous fan.

sooner59
10/16/2008, 01:22 AM
I could care less about wrestling, but I love his restaurant. J.R.'s BBQ is really, really good. I have have alot of BBQ in Oklahoma and this is honestly the best BBQ place I have been to in the state. I can't attest to places outside the state but for a former Krispy Kreme, its definitely a great place to eat. And I love Krispy Kreme....but I wouldn't trade it for J.R.'s.

Fraggle145
10/16/2008, 01:31 AM
On the wrestling shows Mr Ross would always play Boomer Sooner to start the show and introduce himself. As far as the food goes, I'd say for bbq in Norman it's pretty dang good! I mean I liked it the three times I've been. :) It's not the best in the world because I've eaten bbq in Memphis and KC but it's good.

Not to mention that he would do this during the Blake years when we werent any good.