PDA

View Full Version : In case you were wondering...

Okla-homey
10/15/2008, 10:08 AM
at least one federal court has held that you can't get a refund on your season tix if your NFL team starts to perform crappily after announcement of a future move.

Fact that professional football team performed poorly after announcement of team's relocation could not serve as a basis from which to find that the team breached its contract with season ticket holders; to allow recovery under such a theory would enable any ticket holder not satisfied with the performance of whatever entertainment the ticket procured to seek a refund for such a subjective and unreasonable response.
Beder v. Cleveland Browns, Inc., 717 N.E.2d 716 (1998)

pergdaddy
10/15/2008, 10:20 AM
How about if said team used tax payer money for financing on a new stadium? Could the county that said team resides in sue the team for breach of contract for fielding a ****ty team in response to giving them a nice luxurous stadium?

BTW, I'm a Bengals fan.

About the best thing to do is not renew your season tickets the following season.

Okla-homey
10/15/2008, 10:23 AM
How about if said team used tax payer money for financing on a new stadium? Could the county that said team resides in sue the team for breach of contract for fielding a ****ty team in response to giving them a nice luxurous stadium?

BTW, I'm a Bengals fan.

About the best thing to do is not renew your season tickets the following season.

It depends.

pergdaddy
10/15/2008, 10:27 AM
Just thinking out loud homey. Mike Brown continually makes boneheaded decisions and doesn't allow the football people within the Bengals organization to do their job. Mike Brown is trying to be his father, of which he can never be. He's to inept. After 16 years of the same thing, it's grown tiresome as some season ticket holders have already put their remaining tickets up on stub hub. Roughly 3-4 thousand tickets per home game left are available.

You know, I root for the Buckeyes in football, the Bearcats in basketball, both of those schools are having success, but professionally, the Bengals, the Reds, the Warriors and the Flames and Tony Stewart. Mixed bag, might have to find some new teams. I root for some stinkers.