PDA

View Full Version : Based upon tonight's exhibition game...

Soonerus
10/15/2008, 12:00 AM
...I think the Thunder can be competitive this year...and it is still a lot of fun to go to the games...(p.s. saw BigRedJed at the game)...

birddog
10/15/2008, 01:01 AM
those white uniforms suck donkey scrotes. besides that horrible thunder font, the main colors are light blue and orange. atleast have thunder in navy blue if you're going to use that trim.

looks awful.

SteelClip49
10/15/2008, 08:04 AM
I was the only Clippers fan there and I made the 9:00 news on Fox!!!!!!!!!!

Big Red Ron
10/15/2008, 12:27 PM
those white uniforms suck donkey scrotes. besides that horrible thunder font, the main colors are light blue and orange. atleast have thunder in navy blue if you're going to use that trim.

looks awful.I'm glad we are complaining about something so irrelevant and debatable. I kinda like 'em. Seriously, we could, not have a team at all.

I'm a season ticket holder, called the number within 30 seconds of the announcement. I wouldn't care if they were the OKC wonderfuls and had rainbow uniforms. I'm an NBA fan and my adopted hometown now has one of 32 franchises.

woot

Big Red Ron
10/15/2008, 12:34 PM
...I think the Thunder can be competitive this year...and it is still a lot of fun to go to the games...(p.s. saw BigRedJed at the game)...Where's you's guy's seats. I'll look for ya from mine.

BigRedJed
10/15/2008, 04:36 PM
I think they can be competetive too. Definitely should improve on last year. I'd be thrilled if they were as improved as the Hornets were their first year, but that might be asking a bit much. Playoff-bound, these guys are not.

Rus and I ran into each other in the concourse. At Hornets games, I literally sat directly behind him both seasons, and we only figured it out a few weeks ago. We chatted, cheered, high-fived and the works, literally dozens of times, and never put together that we were both posters on here. Somewhat amazingly, he's good dude in real life. ;)

Also amazing: bri once sat with me at a Hornets game, and I distinctly remember him celebrating the win, deliriously hugging the guy sitting in front of me, who at the time neither of us knew was Rus.

These days, BTW, Rus and I sit on opposite ends of the arena.

birddog
10/17/2008, 07:47 PM
I'm glad we are complaining about something so irrelevant and debatable. I kinda like 'em. Seriously, we could, not have a team at all.

I'm a season ticket holder, called the number within 30 seconds of the announcement. I wouldn't care if they were the OKC wonderfuls and had rainbow uniforms. I'm an NBA fan and my adopted hometown now has one of 32 franchises.

woot

dude, i've watched every preseason game. if you haven't noticed, i've been nothing but positive about having the team here. it's the best thing that's happened to our city. but, i think people would complain about the uniforms/logo/colors no matter what. i just happen to think the thunder on the front looks like crap and the whites, with the color scheme look a little too soft.

i love the blues.

Big Red Ron
10/17/2008, 08:04 PM
dude, i've watched every preseason game. if you haven't noticed, i've been nothing but positive about having the team here. it's the best thing that's happened to our city. but, i think people would complain about the uniforms/logo/colors no matter what. i just happen to think the thunder on the front looks like crap and the whites, with the color scheme look a little too soft.

i love the blues.
My point being, these are good "problems" to have. Even though I disagree.;)

silverwheels
10/20/2008, 05:54 PM
The uniforms have grown on me. Love the home whites, and the aways look better on TV than I thought they would, even with "Oklahoma City" above the number. The logo is still lame, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll live with it (for now). Maybe we'll see a redesign in a few years.

The team itself still has quite a bit of work to do, though.

Big Red Ron
10/20/2008, 07:24 PM
I think everyone was disappointed with the logo because it was so plain and it is. It was the safe bet. It's corporate and bare. I don't hate it but the owners were looking to not only brand the team but incorporate OKC in the branding process. There will be modifications down the road but as it is now, It's grown on me.

Soonerus
10/20/2008, 07:45 PM
Also amazing: bri once sat with me at a Hornets game, and I distinctly remember him celebrating the win, deliriously hugging the guy sitting in front of me, who at the time neither of us knew was Rus.

Oh, so that was the f'er that stuck his tounge in my ear...weird...

birddog
10/24/2008, 08:01 PM
good chance for the boys to get some national exposure tonight against the lakers on the deuce.

birddog
10/24/2008, 10:06 PM
looking pretty good tonight. end of first quarter. thunder are down 8. collison is looking pretty strong inside so far.

those blues look really, really sharp.
and the game is actually on espn.

GO THUNDER!

birddog
10/24/2008, 10:18 PM
nice run by the thunder. tie game with 8 left in half.