PDA

View Full Version : Got my annual letter from my Uncle today.

Okla-homey
10/14/2008, 07:56 PM
Uncle Sammy that is.

Military Retirees under 65 have to fill out this form so they know where we are if they need us. In order not to cause cardiac infarctions, they print THIS IS NOT A RECALL NOTIFICATION in 14 pitch bold-face type.

This year, they added a wrinkle. They want to know if I would consider a voluntary return to Active Duty just to get us through the current fandangos.

I said, "no thanks."

For the record, if I ever disappear from this board and/or OUr rockin' tailgates because my broke-down arse was recalled, you better make sure you are armed to the teeth and know how to hunt because Chinese tanks will have been spotted on I-40 on the outskirts of OKC.

Edmond Sooner
10/14/2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your service to our country.

tommieharris91
10/14/2008, 08:06 PM
Meh, I'm more worried about the Russians.

Okla-homey
10/14/2008, 08:12 PM
Meh, I'm more worried about the Russians.

I think the Russians would be content with regaining their territory lost when the old Warsaw Pact collapsed.

In truth, I don't think the CHICOMS want to conquer us. We fill Wal-Mart with too much of their stuff, then borrow money from them to buy it.

Oldnslo
10/14/2008, 09:17 PM
WOLVERINES!

pergdaddy
10/15/2008, 10:24 AM
The Amish.

Homegrown terrorist cell waiting for their chance.

I kid you not.

Russians, Chinese, Venezeulans, Iranians, Amish.

soonerboomer93
10/15/2008, 10:31 AM
I think the Russians would be content with regaining their territory lost when the old Warsaw Pact collapsed.

In truth, I don't think the CHICOMS want to conquer us. We fill Wal-Mart with too much of their stuff, then borrow money from them to buy it.

in other words, they're conquering us economically instead of with their military...

Sooner in Tampa
10/15/2008, 10:42 AM
You must be special Homey...I retired 3 years ago...and not one letter like that from Uncle Sammy. damn

BigRedJed
10/15/2008, 10:42 AM
Eventually the Chinese will just foreclose on us. Oh well. I loves me some eggrolls and lo mein.

Okla-homey
10/15/2008, 12:27 PM
You must be special Homey...I retired 3 years ago...and not one letter like that from Uncle Sammy. damn

I think it has to do with the fact I had a Regular Air Force commission.

Okla-homey
10/15/2008, 12:28 PM
in other words, they're conquering us economically instead of with their military...

BINGO!

Sooner in Tampa
10/15/2008, 12:30 PM
I think it has to do with the fact I had a Regular Air Force commission.OH...so it's only the officers...they don't worry about us poor ole enlisted pukes. ;)