PDA

View Full Version : is it Mizzou and Texas this weekend?

oumartin
10/14/2008, 06:57 PM
If so I certainly am cheering for that punk @ss QB in black!

Here is my logic. I want OSU to whip Texas and I want Mizzou or Tech to beat Texas as well. I feel Tech can beat OSU and if not I am hoping we find a defense to roll into Stillwater to take down the Cowpukes. Season still in tact if we can manage that!

CK Sooner
10/14/2008, 07:00 PM
Yep, hopefully Mizzou can pull it off.

oumartin
10/14/2008, 07:01 PM
I have not watched any sports related television or listened to anything on the radio since the loss and I'm starting to get my excitement back.. I hope we can find a defense.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/14/2008, 07:05 PM
Probably a stupid question but I do need clarification:
If we win out, and texass loses to misery and to OSU or Tech, do we win the South due to 2 loses in Big 12 play or does texas need to lose 2 games in the South to make it logical for us to win the South?

oumartin
10/14/2008, 07:15 PM
here is how I understand it. if texas loses two in conference games and OU loses only to Texas then We win. I do believe they need to lose on game against a South division opponent though. Then it goes to overall then goes to head to head.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/14/2008, 07:20 PM
That's what I was thinking but didn't want to get my hopes up. Thanks martin

Jeronimo
10/14/2008, 07:22 PM
i dont think it matters if its north or south. the conference record is the conference record. theres no south record, or north record. it might tho hell idk.

i do know if 3 teams are same conf record after the season, the first tie breaker is highest bcs ranking. If i remember right.

VA Sooner
10/14/2008, 07:43 PM
It will be like a repeat of the 2006 season.

Where is Paul Thompson anyway? He was a very good man and very unselfish to switch back to QB when Bomar got canned. Did well for most of the season.

tommieharris91
10/14/2008, 07:53 PM
Divisional Champion: The (eligible) team with the best winning-percentage of all divisional members in its eight conference games is declared the divisional champion and representative to the Dr Pepper Big 12 Conference Football Championship Game. A team ineligible under NCAA or Big 12 rules for postseason (bowl) competition shall not compete in the Championship Game.

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
7. The representative will be chosen by draw.
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

Jason White's Third Knee
10/14/2008, 08:13 PM
The best part is that one of them will lose. I hope it's texas for our sake.

birddog
10/14/2008, 08:23 PM
I have not watched any sports related television or listened to anything on the radio since the loss and I'm starting to get my excitement back.. I hope we can find a defense.

dangit, you hadd to go and steal kccrimson's avatar. now i'm all screwed up.

sooner59
10/14/2008, 08:24 PM
I think there is a better chance that either osu or tech beats texas and only loses to us than texas losing to both osu and tech. Im not too worried this early. Texas usually finds a way to let us pass them. Im convinced if we win out, we will be in good shape. College football is too crazy nowadays to have all of these undefeated teams. It will work itself out. But for now....its time to clock the rock chalk jayhawk. But don't go to the game dressed like a chicken leg or jelly doughnut. I can't save you from Jaba.

SoonerLB
10/14/2008, 09:00 PM
Well, I guess I'll just have to say I'm sorry, but nothing, absolutely nothing, could ever make me pull in any way or form for that panty-headed booger eater! Not even the misery of Texas winning the conference could equal the mizery of that over-hyped loser getting one bit more of un-deserved noteriety, he's already had way too much!
We all knew that to win the South, we had to beat Texas, and we didn't get it done, so now we just need to win out and hope for the best. And we also have to remember that any loss by Texas hurts us in the polls and BCS standings, so with that in mind, we're kind of in a Catch 22 position right now.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/14/2008, 09:05 PM
GO TIGERS!!

mustangsooner
10/14/2008, 09:09 PM
Go Booger

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:10 AM
What has a better chance of happening

A) Sooners winning out
B) Texas losing 2 games

misplacedsooner
10/15/2008, 01:22 AM
id say even odds on that one. you do realize that there is a possibility that if texas wins out and we do too that wee could meet again on an even bigger stage...the national championship!! alabama is gonna lose at least 2x...bank on that. now we need someone to beat penn state and hope that the pollsters dont put snoop dogg university (usc) above us but i cant see that with who they play and who we play. tech is gonna lose some too. this could really happen and wouldnt it be such sweet revenge?

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:39 AM
yah I'm not counting on us both winning out, who knows.

oumartin
10/15/2008, 09:17 AM
No way in heck we play Texas again if we both win out.

St. Louis Sooner
10/15/2008, 10:04 AM
'jlew': that is a difficult one to answer; of the two, the more likely one is OU winning the rest of its games; i can easily see UT losing one game, but it's hard for me to see them losing two;

The two questions I cannot answer right now:
1) OU - Have we fixed our problems on kick returns and over/up the middle on D?
2) UT - Can they continue to play at that level the rest of the season?

i see KU scoring more now since RR is out and Box will be adjusting; also, i hope bob picked the four most crazed footballers on the team (who aren't covering kickoffs) to replace the four not getting it done;

i think we'll have some indigestion when we play KU, but nothing like the myriad of Maalox moments we had last week; from there, we should get stronger as the season progresses;

As for uterus, i just don't know that team well enough to look ahead; but i'm going to be very surprised if they lose two regular season games;

Blitzkrieg
10/15/2008, 10:08 AM
MU has a great shot. Our roll out passing game looked good, but it took our big pass plays away. The long TD to gresham was an instance where we stood tall in the pocket and worked downfield.

Maclin can roast the UT secondary, he will have big night. Washington is a good RB, if MU doesn't fall behind and can use him on more than 7 times like they did against OSU, MU can win this game outright.

CtheB
10/15/2008, 10:08 AM
Missouri's version of the spread has a lot better chance of messing with Texas' safeties than our passing game does. Missouri also has a running game you have to respect a bit, and a quarterback that will run the football. Missouri will also have the best player on the field at any time during the game in Maclin and Moore.

Guarantee Texas wishes they got Missouri fat and happy rather than coming off a loss.

kangsta
10/15/2008, 11:27 AM
i won't be surprised if the horns lose a game this season. Every team has a bad game. I just don't think the loss will be Mizzou at home after we just won the RRS and became #1. Add that to the new stadium renovations, and it's going to be crazy at DKR.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:13 PM
Missouri will pass 95% of the time.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:14 PM
I'm still counting on Texas losing 2 games. This is not there best team in recent years. I'd take the 2 rose bowl teams over this team.

Xstnlsooner
10/15/2008, 01:18 PM
Maclin wasn't much of a factor in the loss to the pukes, looked like he
was hurt to me. He was limping so badly once he couldn't even run
his route. If texass puts pressure on daniels, he throw more interceptions.
Whorns win this one...

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:22 PM
What if we would have put pressure on McCoy??? At this point Missouri defense is just as good as ours. Hate to say it.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:22 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8820391

Big Red Ron
10/15/2008, 01:24 PM
We need Texass to win out and win the CCG, we win out, bama loses, Penn State loses were 1 and 2 going into the bowl games. Rematch.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:27 PM
So do want Bama to to win out and lose in SEC ship?

Big Red Ron
10/15/2008, 01:45 PM
So do want Bama to to win out and lose in SEC ship?Doesn't matter. Florida wont pass us, we need two teams to lose and win out (not easy with three top 15 teams left).

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:46 PM
If bama loses a regular season game, and wins the SEC championship, they will get the nod I think.

Look at Georgia sitting there with 1 loss

Civicus_Sooner
10/15/2008, 01:49 PM
If bama loses a regular season game, and wins the SEC championship, they will get the nod I think.

Look at Georgia sitting there with 1 loss

If OU is 3rd in that scenerio (one spot ahead of where we're at) Bama would drop below us. Georgia is behind us, we just need to keep winning and they wont jump us either.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 01:52 PM
What bout we Win and everybody else loses 2 games??? hehe

KRYPTON
10/15/2008, 02:29 PM
We need Texass to win out and win the CCG, we win out, bama loses, Penn State loses were 1 and 2 going into the bowl games. Rematch.

Yup. UT either needs to drop 2, or drop none.

We gotta drop none.

What's great about it is, they'd win the Big 12, and we would defeat them for the NC. I'd get years of mileage down here congratulating them on their conference championship :texan:

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 04:44 PM
A 1 loss SEC championship team will get in ahead of us. The College football world will screw us over. I hoping if Alabama/LSU only have 1 loss they play a 2 loss east team, and Georgia/ Florida beat them.

But obviously we want everybody to have 2+ losses.

Nof49 Sooner
10/15/2008, 05:50 PM
Hate to say it, but no way does a 1 loss OU team go to the NCG before a 1 loss conference champ from the SEC or PAC10. We've lost way too much cred with the media/voters.

For all of you who chastize those of us critical of the defense and Bob's performance in recent years, this is why. All of the blowout losses and upsets to the BSU's and WVU's in recent years are going to come back to haunt us in voters' minds. It didn't this week (only dropping to 4), but I guarantee USC, Florida, and LSU will get a bone thrown to them before we will.

If the team finds its mojo and blows out the rest of the schedule and shows suffocating defense in the process...they'd have a shot at proving me wrong.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 08:31 PM
Hate to say it, but no way does a 1 loss OU team go to the NCG before a 1 loss conference champ from the SEC or PAC10. We've lost way too much cred with the media/voters.

For all of you who chastize those of us critical of the defense and Bob's performance in recent years, this is why. All of the blowout losses and upsets to the BSU's and WVU's in recent years are going to come back to haunt us in voters' minds. It didn't this week (only dropping to 4), but I guarantee USC, Florida, and LSU will get a bone thrown to them before we will.

If the team finds its mojo and blows out the rest of the schedule and shows suffocating defense in the process...they'd have a shot at proving me wrong.

I agree and disagree. A 1 loss Sec champ will get in before us ( if we win out). A 1 loss pac 10 champ will not. The strength of our schedule will put us over a 1 loss pac 10 team, or a 1 loss big 10 team.

soonerboomer93
10/15/2008, 09:36 PM
I'll be cheering for "act of nature"

my second favorite team...

DallasSooner87
10/15/2008, 10:05 PM
First, if we are going to use ranking we should look at this. I know all of you have seen it, but in the end this is all that really matters.

Mock BCS standings (Week 7)
Team Avg.
1. Texas .990
2. Alabama .959
3. Penn State .885
4. USC .758
5. Texas Tech .726
6. Oklahoma .714
7. Oklahoma State .712
8. Florida .662
9. Utah .638
10. Georgia .612
11. Ohio State .591
12. BYU .573

Second, the team just needs to take care of business. Beating two top ten teams in the BCS rankings will help get us back over SUC. Saxet will probably lose two, and Bammer will lose. Honestly, I worry about SUC and Penn St strolling through their cake schedule, and ending up and the MNC.

misplacedsooner
10/15/2008, 10:44 PM
man, there is so much ball to be played yet. and also so many senarios that could happen....suppose tesas loses this week and then slips again, suppose bama gets beat 1 or 2 times, suppose penn state slips at ohio state and or mich state. where are we then if we keep winning? back to #1? at least in the ap. tech is just in the way right now and its best for us for them to keep a high ranking ...for now. snoop dogg u (usc) is who im worried could get a nod into the title game. surprisingly the media(ap) has us over them...maybe times are really changing. the big 12 has a ton of exposure that it hasnt seen before this year with all the qbs kicking butt. and the strenth of the conference is second to none. we take care of our business and we will be in a great spot. mark it down!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/15/2008, 10:55 PM
I think it is very plausible that at least one team in the SEC title game will have 2 losses.

I also think Texas is going to whip MU.

So far the highest ranked defense MU has faced has been OSU at 62.

Buffalo 90
Nevada 100
Nebraska 84
SEMO I-AA
Illinois 67

I know they had their 3 and out streak but I think although MU is very good on offense it isn't like they have been doing it against tough competition. The first team that had any pass rush rattled Daniel. Texas will be in his face all night.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/15/2008, 11:02 PM
BTW Texas is ranked 40 in defense even after playing OU.

Here is who we have played by comparison.

1 TCU even after we scored 35
40 Texas
47 Cincy
58 Baylor
118 Washington
I-AA Tenn-Chattanooga

I know Wash and Chattanooga were kleenex tough against OU but the other 4 opponents even Baylor have been respectable.

In short I think MU is a bit of a bully that folds when they run into a team with comparable athletes.

Iam4OUru
10/15/2008, 11:58 PM
...for now. snoop dogg u (usc) is who im worried could get a nod into the title game. surprisingly the media(ap) has us over them...maybe times are really changing.

AP Poll doesn't count in the BS....only the Coaches and Harris.

misplacedsooner
10/16/2008, 05:49 AM
true, but what i was getting at there was that the prima donna media darlings are not thought of so high now..in years past they would of still probably been 2 or 3 even with their loss. even though the ap doesnt figure in anymore its still out there in everyones face every week.

Blitzkrieg
10/16/2008, 08:52 AM
BTW Texas is ranked 40 in defense even after playing OU.

Here is who we have played by comparison.

1 TCU even after we scored 35
40 Texas
47 Cincy
58 Baylor
118 Washington
I-AA Tenn-Chattanooga

I know Wash and Chattanooga were kleenex tough against OU but the other 4 opponents even Baylor have been respectable.

In short I think MU is a bit of a bully that folds when they run into a team with comparable athletes.

I disagree. They will roll up yards against Texas, I'm not so sure that UT doesn't have the worst secondary in the south. Without that d-line, they would be dreadful. The spread can help with shorter passes, and Coffman the big TE will have a monster day. Maclin, if he is healthy, can have a big 12 player of the week type game. The love for Muschamp is sooo premature, 5 TDs by Bradford in only 22 minutes of possession, I'd hardly call that anything but lucky they escaped with a win.

The issue will be their defense against UT. I'd double cosby and let the other chips fall where they may. I think MU jumps out early and holds on late for the win.

A Horn
10/16/2008, 09:30 AM
I also think Texas is going to whip MU.

I think so too. Mizzou's pass offense takes a backseat to OU IMO, and I would hope we could come out and find similar success with the pass rush agaisnt an O-Line which couldn't hold a candle to OU's.

Blitzkrieg
10/16/2008, 10:35 AM
That offense that takes aback seat to Ous rolled Colorado in Boulder last year like a drunk, and they obliterated Texas tech last year as well.

Better is a relative term, I prefer OUs offense, but their style of spread is well suited to exploit a back seven. Maclin will stress you deep, Coffman cannot be covered by a LB, and Washignton is better as a RB than anything OU has right now (I can't believe I'm saying that, but with Murrays injury and Browns disappearing act, mostly because of play calling, it's true). MU is going to find more success at controlling the clock than OU did, and the 4th quarter when UT really controlled the clock is when the OU D tired and faultered. MU can get an early lead and change the game drastically, just like OU would have without that weak *** kick return for a TD. OU was headed for a 17 or 21 to 3 lead before that kick return, IMO.

MU had a bad game against OSU, just as Texas did against KSU and A&M last year, and Ou did versus CU last year. It looks like everyone is going to do that this year, Texas included. I think MU brings their A game, and anything less than UTs B+ game, it will be a fight.

OUfan4life
10/16/2008, 10:42 AM
I will be cheering for nose picker/booger eater as well. GO MIZZOU

JLEW1818
10/16/2008, 10:47 AM
The rematching against Texas WONT happen. Best bet is to cheer against them, and hope for 2 + losses.

badger
10/16/2008, 11:27 AM
A scenario:

Texas loses to Poke State.

Poke State goes undefeated until us.

While OSU students stake out the best places to rush the field before the game even starts, OU administers another 52-9 facial.

OU, UT and OSU now all have one Big 12 loss.

OU is ranked highest in the polls due to beating OSU handily.

OU, by Big 12 rules, gets the South bid to the championship game.

:D

JLEW1818
10/16/2008, 11:40 AM
A scenario:

Texas loses to Poke State.

Poke State goes undefeated until us.

While OSU students stake out the best places to rush the field before the game even starts, OU administers another 52-9 facial.

OU, UT and OSU now all have one Big 12 loss.

OU is ranked highest in the polls due to beating OSU handily.

OU, by Big 12 rules, gets the South bid to the championship game.

:D

I would be willing to give my left nut for that to happen!!!

badger
10/16/2008, 12:16 PM
I would be willing to give my left nut for that to happen!!!

I remember Pokie students just ready to rush the field in 2001, 2002 and finally, 2004. Yes, they rushed our Owen Field in 2001 (a guy I knew - one that much like a little yippie dog that barks a lot - said he was going to rush at them if they tried to take down our goalposts... fortunately for him, because even I could probably kick his a$$, that didn't happen).

In 2002, it was quite obvious that they were going to win, but despite that, they sat on the sides of their student section, just waiting to rush the field once again at the end of the game. I remember some fat chick dumping Tostitos chips on the field in front of us to symbolize that they took away the chance for us to go to the Fiesta Bowl. If she is reading, and she probably isn't but I'm gonna say it anyway, we had already lost that year and were out of contention for the title game, so thanks, Pokes - you got us into the Rose Bowl. Tee hee.

In 2004, after an embarrassing 52-9 outing in Norman the previous year, the Pokes kind of just forgot that happened and reminded us all that last time they were in Stilly, POKES WIN, yaaaaaayyyy. Once again, the students readied to rush the field at the end... but wide right later (thanks Dusty!), sad students retreated from the edge of the field, for there's no point in rushing it if you lose.

In 2008, I want a repeat of that, except with mandatory revisions borrowed from other years.

First, I want Gundy to run his mouth. I hear he's pretty cocky, so perhaps we can get a nice ol' "Let 'er rip!" from him or an equivalent beforehand?

Next, I want it to be a game that determines the Big 12 South bid to the conference title game. I know that OU will do what's necessary, but look for Pokie to lay an egg before then (prove me wrong, OSU - prove me wrong!).

Finally, I want OSU students to readily discuss their field rushing plans and how they will torture us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners in the postgame celebration...

But alas, the score will be 52-9, so bye bye bandwagon.

(cue playing Boomer Sooner 20 times in their general direction)

PalmBeachSooner
10/16/2008, 03:47 PM
Well, I guess I'll just have to say I'm sorry, but nothing, absolutely nothing, could ever make me pull in any way or form for that panty-headed booger eater! Not even the misery of Texas winning the conference could equal the mizery of that over-hyped loser getting one bit more of un-deserved noteriety, he's already had way too much!
We all knew that to win the South, we had to beat Texas, and we didn't get it done, so now we just need to win out and hope for the best. And we also have to remember that any loss by Texas hurts us in the polls and BCS standings, so with that in mind, we're kind of in a Catch 22 position right now.

I'm with you. Can't stand booger daniel. I say let's win out and let the pieces fall where they fall.

PalmBeachSooner
10/16/2008, 03:51 PM

I don't agree at all with that otherwise we would have dropped much further down in the polls than 4th.

Nof49 Sooner
10/16/2008, 04:26 PM
I don't agree at all with that otherwise we would have dropped much further down in the polls than 4th.

I was specifically referring to making it to the NCG to play TU if they win out. We didn't drop lower this week b/c TU was #5 and Mizzu and LSU lost as well. Remember when Florida jumped Michigan to play OSU in the NCG? Same principle applies...voters don't like inter-conference rematches for the NCG and the SEC and SUC get more respect from the media than anyone else. So at the end of the year, if OU, USC, Florida, or LSU all have one loss...we ain't gettin selected over those guys. We've fallen on our face in too many nationally televised games in recent years. I ain't sayin it's fair, just calling it like I see it.

...and please, no one bust out last years Big12 game and beating #1 Mizzu. Yes it was big b/c we won the conference championship, but everyone knows Mizzu was overrated (still are) and were ranked that high by default. We did what we were supposed to do....We can't say that about our recent BCS exploits. And like I said, I hope I'm proven wrong.

SoonerLB
10/16/2008, 04:48 PM
I'm with you. Can't stand booger daniel. I say let's win out and let the pieces fall where they fall.

Thank you PBS! That is really our only option, and the only thing we can control. And I'm pretty sure Bob and the team are concentrating on that end, and not what everyone else is doing, or at least I hope they are.

Just keep losing Booger, it makes the world a better place! ;)

Statalyzer
10/16/2008, 05:13 PM
What if we would have put pressure on McCoy?

You sacked him 4 times and forced him to scramble 6 or 7 other times.

The long TD to gresham was an instance where we stood tall in the pocket and worked downfield.

That one wasn't really a downfield pass; Gresham was only 5-10 yards past the LOS when he caught the ball.

JLEW1818
10/17/2008, 09:33 AM
You sacked him 4 times and forced him to scramble 6 or 7 other times.

That one wasn't really a downfield pass; Gresham was only 5-10 yards past the LOS when he caught the ball.

lol Game is over. I'm not going to argue it anymore.

JLEW1818
10/17/2008, 01:43 PM
Anybody keeping an eye on the spread?

Keeps dropping ... down to Texas -4 in most places.

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

I think it gets to Texas -3 by kickoff.

I think if we played Texas again this week we would still be favored.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/19/2008, 12:38 AM
I disagree. They will roll up yards against Texas, I'm not so sure that UT doesn't have the worst secondary in the south. Without that d-line, they would be dreadful. The spread can help with shorter passes, and Coffman the big TE will have a monster day. Maclin, if he is healthy, can have a big 12 player of the week type game. The love for Muschamp is sooo premature, 5 TDs by Bradford in only 22 minutes of possession, I'd hardly call that anything but lucky they escaped with a win.

The issue will be their defense against UT. I'd double cosby and let the other chips fall where they may. I think MU jumps out early and holds on late for the win.

Like I said. When MU faces a team with comparable athletes they fold like a tent. Texas looked good tonight but mostly MU was hugely overrated.

lloyd45
10/19/2008, 12:46 AM
Texas offense was overwhelming tonight. But Mizzou's offense was just dreadful in the first half. Some of the credit should be given to Texas' D but Mizzou looked soooooooooooo bad.