PDA

View Full Version : World to implode: TFRW and TRRW on the same team?

LSUdeek
10/14/2008, 05:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643295

LSUdeek
10/14/2008, 05:11 PM
wow, im so late to the party

birddog
10/14/2008, 05:23 PM
i must be at the nexus of the universe!

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 11:15 AM
Did TRRW hurt the tfrw in his 1st year or was that injury somewhere else?

It seems to me tfrw got hurt his rookie season.

yermom
10/15/2008, 11:45 AM
oh man, i thought Roy was going to the Lions at first :eek:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/15/2008, 03:31 PM
I'm starting to like the Cowboys MUCH LESS!

GrapevineSooner
10/19/2008, 01:27 PM
I predict our Roy won't be with the Cowboys next year.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2008, 08:57 PM
TRRW out for the year:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/102008dnspocowsider.2821098.html

Dallas Cowboys' owner Jones says SS Williams out for year

04:43 PM CDT on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS – Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams broke his right forearm for the second time Sunday in his first game back from the previous injury, and owner Jerry Jones said he'd miss the remainder of the season.

Williams, who has made the past five Pro Bowls, was hurt midway through the third quarter of a 34-14 loss to the St. Louis Rams. It was not clear how he was hurt.

During the game Williams' injury was addressed only briefly. A Rams spokesman, relaying information from the Cowboys, said then that Williams' status "was unknown at this point."

Jones brought up Williams' injury while discussing the future after the Cowboys lost for the third time in four games. Jones said in times of adversity, he compiles lists.

"It's not a good thing when Roy Williams, our safety, makes the list and is out for the year," Jones said. "That's not a good thing to put on that list.

"The rest of the guys in this locker room, including the coaches and me, aren't out for the year."

Williams broke the forearm while making a special teams tackle against the Eagles in the second game of the season. He had missed three games.

tulsaoilerfan
10/19/2008, 10:00 PM
That list must be pretty damn long, right Jerry? The Cowboys have a ton of issues right now, and i don't see them getting it straightened out until they bring in a quality head coach

GrapevineSooner
10/19/2008, 11:14 PM
Well, Wade is what he is. Jerry knew what he was getting with him and at the time of the hire, I was in favor of it because Wade was the antithesis of Bill Parcells.

Unfortunately, the team has swung back so far the other way that I think they'll need a hard *** coach to get this ship straightened out.

Or the threat of bringing in a hard *** coach like Bill Cowher.

And as I've said before, considering how much money and how many draft picks have been invested on the defensive side of the ball, that unit as a whole is a total and unmitigated embarrassment. And unfortunately, TRRW has been a major factor in that embarrassment.

Bright side to him being out for the year is we'll no longer be subjected to Roy quizzing his cornerbacks to ask why they didn't cover his *** in coverage after getting burned.