PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Tailgate Details

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 02:44 PM
Guess what y'all? I know the world came to an end for many of you after the loss this past weekend, but for the rest of us, life goes on...

This weekend's tailgate for the KU game will consist of the following:

Mexican food.

We'll have beef and chicken fajitas, ground beef tacos/burritos, beans, rice, chips, queso, etc.

We'll have plenty of good Mexican beer, along with all the usual beers/liquors. If somebody wants to bring a bottle or two of good tequila I'm pretty sure nobody would bitch.

If you want to volunteer to bring something we'd like to have a couple different types of salsa. If you've got a good salsa recipe whip some up and bring it. We also need desserts if somebody wants to help with that.

Festivities will commence around 11 - 11:30.

Lott's Bandana
10/14/2008, 03:13 PM
Life goes on Dean...see ya'll Saturday...

Gracias!!!

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 03:16 PM
Por nada.

SoonerStormchaser
10/14/2008, 05:21 PM
Ok, I'm gonna post this here and copy it to the Football board so someone who has more power/authority than I can do something about it.

The Mrs. and I (along with quite a few other regulars) were extremely worried/claustraphobic at the last TG due to all the freeloaders who came over from the TG's across the way to ransack our food (and not donate)...and started using our cars/trucks as benches/hangout spots...and started bilking the people there to pay $$ to play in their stupid pool.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I come to these TG's (even though we don't have tix to any of the games) because I want to hang out and join in the camaraderie that is OU football and not have to either babysit my car or watch as a bunch of regulars get screwed out of some kickass pig by a bunch of freeloader.

Is there any way we can prevent this from happening again this weekend?

Thnx.

Okla-homey
10/14/2008, 08:17 PM
Ok, I'm gonna post this here and copy it to the Football board so someone who has more power/authority than I can do something about it.

The Mrs. and I (along with quite a few other regulars) were extremely worried/claustraphobic at the last TG due to all the freeloaders who came over from the TG's across the way to ransack our food (and not donate)...and started using our cars/trucks as benches/hangout spots...and started bilking the people there to pay $$ to play in their stupid pool.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I come to these TG's (even though we don't have tix to any of the games) because I want to hang out and join in the camaraderie that is OU football and not have to either babysit my car or watch as a bunch of regulars get screwed out of some kickass pig by a bunch of freeloader.

Thnx.

All I know is this, the gentleman who invited them put a lot of folding money in the tip jar on their behalf, and several, if not all of the "freeloaders" bought raffle tix, which all goes to the same place.

All that to say, Lt, you might wanna do some fact checking before getting your skivvies in a wad.

CK Sooner
10/14/2008, 08:24 PM

Thnx.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o300/kellykpemberton/funny_510-1.jpg

Seriously though, just ask them to back the **** off.

SoonerStormchaser
10/14/2008, 10:21 PM
All I know is this, the gentleman who invited them put a lot of folding money in the tip jar on their behalf, and several, if not all of the "freeloaders" bought raffle tix, which all goes to the same place.

All that to say, Lt, you might wanna do some fact checking before getting your skivvies in a wad.

I know of the ones that were invited...but when there are groups of people walking in from Boyd St, grabbing a beer and a plate and walking off...

proud gonzo
10/14/2008, 10:38 PM
i didn't see any of that happening.

Okla-homey
10/15/2008, 05:43 AM
i didn't see any of that happening.

nor did I, and I was paying attention. Moreover, when you park at a tailgate, you must reasonably expect folks to lean on your vehicle occasionally. The very nature of a tailgate involves that kind of thing. In fact, that's why they call 'em tailgates. Of course, if that's a personal problem, then it's generally best not to park right behind the flat screen TV at the edge of the tent.;)

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 07:49 AM
I was chased by a storm last night.

It caught me too.

Soaked head to toe...

C&CDean
10/15/2008, 08:15 AM
Last tailgate was a unique dealio. The cooker of the pig, and drinker of the rum invited all those people over. I mentioned the fact that all those folks were over there hitting our chow/beer, and he gladly donated a fine sum of $$ on their behalf and many of them did purchase drawing chances - which offsets the costs of the tailgates. My biggest bitch was that they killed most of the OVJ, and that there wasn't an ounce of hog leftover for me to enjoy Sunday for lunch.

Yes, occasionally a freeloader pops in, but we kinda watch close and question folks who nobody has ever seen before. There's a different crowd for each game (we sometimes invite folks from work, or have visiting family members, and others do as well).

The tailgates have continued to grow - from the humble beginnings of my Harley, trailer, card table, 4 lawn chairs, and my Dick Butkus newspaper burning grill to the affairs they are now with over 100 people. Sometimes we lose the quaint little tailgate ambiance we used to enjoy, but it's all good. If you don't want anyone touching your car, you might want to park it in one of the other spots. People are people you know...

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 08:19 AM
He just waxed the Bentley...

http://www.casanovacars.com/entry_images/0706/07/bentley_1.jpg

frankensooner
10/15/2008, 09:38 AM
These tailgates sound good. I am going to have to come to one of them someday.

NormanPride
10/15/2008, 09:48 AM
We don't want you, frank.

;)

If I bring cheap-azz tequila will there be a blender for margaritas? Or do I have to bring a cheap-azz blender as well?

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 10:48 AM
If somebody wants to bring a bottle or two of good tequila I'm pretty sure nobody would bitch.

Festivities will commence around 11 - 11:30.

Hey Czar! Will VK be there? :D ;)

Hm3K5qiaHZ4

OUfan4life
10/15/2008, 11:21 AM
I'm new here. Where is your tailgate?

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 11:30 AM
I'm new here. Where is your tailgate?

http://www.soonerfans.com/tailgate/2008tailgate.html

OUfan4life
10/15/2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks. I walk buy that every game.....

dolemitesooner
10/15/2008, 01:10 PM
If I here one more person bitch about anything involving said tailgate I will wanye brady choke some one.

LOL jk

also I will be there getting drunk. Yeah thats all

Boomer sooner

olevetonahill
10/15/2008, 01:28 PM
Last tailgate was a unique dealio. The cooker of the pig, and drinker of the rum invited all those people over. I mentioned the fact that all those folks were over there hitting our chow/beer, and he gladly donated a fine sum of $$ on their behalf and many of them did purchase drawing chances - which offsets the costs of the tailgates. My biggest bitch was that they killed most of the OVJ, and that there wasn't an ounce of hog leftover for me to enjoy Sunday for lunch.

Yes, occasionally a freeloader pops in, but we kinda watch close and question folks who nobody has ever seen before. There's a different crowd for each game (we sometimes invite folks from work, or have visiting family members, and others do as well).

The tailgates have continued to grow - from the humble beginnings of my Harley, trailer, card table, 4 lawn chairs, and my Dick Butkus newspaper burning grill to the affairs they are now with over 100 people. Sometimes we lose the quaint little tailgate ambiance we used to enjoy, but it's all good. If you don't want anyone touching your car, you might want to park it in one of the other spots. People are people you know...

Deano , Unless My BIL is Lieing to Me we will be there, Ill Be bringing 3 more Of those Jack Dainiels Bottles :D
Justa PSA from the vet ;)

C&CDean
10/15/2008, 02:11 PM
Deano , Unless My BIL is Lieing to Me we will be there, Ill Be bringing 3 more Of those Jack Dainiels Bottles :D

Suhweeet.

olevetonahill
10/15/2008, 02:35 PM
Is One for each TG enough ?
Oh and Im making some as I type .:cool:

C&CDean
10/15/2008, 02:48 PM
I'll just ration it better this time.

olevetonahill
10/15/2008, 02:49 PM

I left 3 or rather brot 3, 1 fer each TG . So Do i need to try to Bring More ?

C&CDean
10/15/2008, 03:10 PM
Anything you can bring is appreciated. The more the merrier I always say...

olevetonahill
10/15/2008, 03:30 PM
Anything you can bring is appreciated. The more the merrier I always say...

Ill leave all I bring , 3 forsure fer the remaing TGs and Whatever is left if No one brings Jars :cool:

soonermagicgirl
10/15/2008, 08:31 PM
Hey guys I will be there as I am bringing the beans and rice. I will be there around 11am. If your nice I might even bring some of my family's homemade salsa... We have two kinds...HOOOOOOTTTTT and HOOOOTTTTEEERRRR.......LOL...

proud gonzo
10/15/2008, 08:33 PM
I'll just ration it better this time.just cut doleo off--that should help a lot. :D

C&CDean
10/16/2008, 08:15 AM
just cut doleo off--that should help a lot. :D

We'd balance the budget and have a surplus if we cut doleo off.

RacerX
10/16/2008, 09:26 AM
The wife is making some serious brownies.

All I know is that there are two boxes of brownie mix and 4 LARGE Hershey bars with toffee laying on the island.

C&CDean
10/16/2008, 10:01 AM
Death. By. Chocolate. I likes it.

StoopTroup
10/16/2008, 10:32 AM

Can you make margaritas with that stuff or does it melt the ice to quickly? :D

dolemitesooner
10/16/2008, 10:57 AM
We'd balance the budget and have a surplus if we cut doleo off.

gO **** YOURSELF *******:D :D

Soonerwake
10/16/2008, 01:05 PM

I'll try to cut back to one jar this time... :D

Okla-homey
10/17/2008, 08:47 AM
I have three tix I'll sell at face OBO.

StoopTroup
10/17/2008, 10:14 AM

I want to talk to you after you've finished the 1st jar...

It's really important too. :D

Theskipster
10/17/2008, 06:29 PM
I'll be stopping by with my wife. Unless you want me to grab anything else, I'll bring a handle of good tequila.

Are there still any parking places available?

proud gonzo
10/18/2008, 12:44 PM
i got pissed off trying to get over there to park, because homecoming = giant clusterf*ck. :mad: so I'm watching the game from my house. yes, i know: LAME. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
10/19/2008, 06:37 AM

I snuck out with a couple of small jars thanks to Lott's Bandana bringing a few small Knox sippin' jars and Dean and his lovely Wife loading them up for me. I'm gonna sneak one to my Dad tomorrow. He's 80. I know he won't drink much of it...but he cOUld use a good snort of OVJ right now.

I thanked Olevet for it...

He was sitting there like Chris Kringle next to the still and was very jolly yesterday...:D

Well...after a little OVJ, beer and some Wiser bOUrbon...I was pretty jolly myself...

Gonzo...you should have made the TREK....the vittles were good.

Another great Tailgate thanks to Phil, Dean and the gang of SoonerFans who chipped in when and where needed...

Dean....that Wife of your's is awesome....

She runs a Tailgate like a fine tuned watch....

BOOMER SOONER EVERYBODY !

ST

olevetonahill
10/19/2008, 11:22 AM
What ST Said the TG was allsome.

bri
10/19/2008, 12:05 PM
That tailgate was full of win and delicious. :D

setem
10/19/2008, 11:05 PM
Those Fagitas were pretty darn good. Who made the rice cause the stuff was golden!

I had a great time before and after the game. I had a my celebratory cigar after the game and couple brews. I don't think I have ever had a better feeling.

You guys work really hard on the TG's and I thank you!

Okla-homey
10/20/2008, 05:26 AM
Those Fagitas were pretty darn good. Who made the rice cause the stuff was golden!

I had a great time before and after the game. I had a my celebratory cigar after the game and couple brews. I don't think I have ever had a better feeling.

You guys work really hard on the TG's and I thank you!

Fagitas? sounds like spanglish for "hispanic lesbians" ;) :D

sorry, I normally eschew grammar &/or spelling smack, but I couldn't pass that one up.

C&CDean
10/20/2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks everyone. It was a good one indeed. We're still trying to hammer down the menu for the Nebraska game. We can do either the traditional (burgers, sausages, dogs, etc.) or chili, cornbread, frito-chili pie, etc.

We know we'll be doing chili for the TT game, but if enough people want it, we can do it twice. There is a couple weeks between Neb. and TT so people's mouths and poopers can recover.

Somebody needs to start a pole.

bri
10/20/2008, 09:03 AM
Mouths, poopers and poles?

Gayest. Post. Ever. :D

proud gonzo
10/20/2008, 11:12 AM
anybody know what time the Nebraska kickoff is? :confused:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/20/2008, 11:39 AM
CVS, Mrs. CVS and I talked about maybe having a chili cookoff at the next tailgate. If we had one, would any of you f'in hillbillies make a pot of chili to be judged?

Okla-homey
10/20/2008, 11:47 AM
Mouths, poopers and poles?

Gayest. Post. Ever. :D

you forgot fagitas.

StoopTroup
10/20/2008, 12:18 PM
CVS, Mrs. CVS and I talked about maybe having a chili cookoff at the next tailgate. If we had one, would any of you f'in hillbillies make a pot of chili to be judged?

IN!

StoopTroup
10/20/2008, 12:20 PM
BTW...I went out to eat the other night and about a mile from work someone had caught a doe in the head and broke it's neck. I was on my harley and it was way to big to put over the back or the handle bars...

So no deer meat chili from me....:D

I went by 4 hours later on the way home and some aggy must have got it.

bri
10/20/2008, 01:13 PM
anybody know what time the Nebraska kickoff is? :confused:

7-ish.

IB4OU2
10/20/2008, 01:47 PM
BTW...I went out to eat the other night and about a mile from work someone had caught a doe in the head and broke it's neck. I was on my harley and it was way to big to put over the back or the handle bars...

So no deer meat chili from me....:D

I went by 4 hours later on the way home and some aggy must have got it.

Then try coon or possum...btw, it's that time of year so watch out for those scaveging aggots. :D

proud gonzo
10/20/2008, 04:48 PM
7-ish.well, ****. :mad:

Lott's Bandana
10/20/2008, 08:19 PM
well, ****. :mad:

Peej, where were ya Saturday?