PDA

View Full Version : Strange question

IronHorseSooner
10/14/2008, 02:12 PM
If [hairGel] beats Hook 'em and we beat [hairGel], and if those are the only losses for any of the three, who goes to the Big XII Title Game? Is it like some conferences and the team with the highest BCS score goes (in that case, by that time, it could very well be us)? Is it like the old Big 8 rule with the Orange Bowl where the team who hasn't played in it the latest (in that case [hairGel])?
If all of that happened, I believe the BCS computers would implode!

mdklatt
10/14/2008, 02:15 PM
If [hairGel] beats Hook 'em and we beat [hairGel], and if those are the only losses for any of the three, who goes to the Big XII Title Game? Is it like some conferences and the team with the highest BCS score goes (in that case, by that time, it could very well be us)? Is it like the old Big 8 rule with the Orange Bowl where the team who hasn't played in it the latest (in that case [hairGel])?
If all of that happened, I believe the BCS computers would implode!

One thing's for sure, Texas would have rings made and Aggie Lite would be printing up T-shirts no matter what.

A Horn
10/14/2008, 02:28 PM
One thing's for sure, Texas would have rings made and Aggie Lite would be printing up T-shirts no matter what.

Did I miss the joke or did we make rings in the past or something?

boomersooner24
10/14/2008, 02:41 PM

I think there was one season when we tied Texas in South, but we went to the CCG cause of the tie breaker and Texas made rings for getting "1st" in the South, even though we had the tie breaker

mdklatt
10/14/2008, 02:43 PM

You guys declared yourselves Big 12 South "co-champs" a couple of years ago when we had the same record but OU won head-to-head.

A Horn
10/14/2008, 02:57 PM
I think there was one season when we tied Texas in South, but we went to the CCG cause of the tie breaker and Texas made rings for getting "1st" in the South, even though we had the tie breaker

I did not know that. If that is the case, that is weak sauce.

Last year, A&M had rings made for their bowl game (which they lost), but they had the score of the Texas game on them(which they won)...

So when I think rings, I think Aggy

JLEW1818
10/14/2008, 03:00 PM
If that was the case I think we would get the nod because we would have won in stoolwater. Keep an eye out for Tech though.

snp
10/14/2008, 03:18 PM
1) The records of the three teams will be compared against each other;
2) The records of the three teams will be compared within their division;
3) The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish - 4, 5 and 6;
4) The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5) The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular-season (intra-) conference play shall be the representative;
6) The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games - e.g. 12th games such as Kickoff Classic, Pigskin Classic, Hawaii, etc.] shall be the representative;
7) The representative will be chosen by draw.

BCS rankings would be the tiebreaker assuming all teams go 11-1. An early loss will help us since we won't be losing ground if we run the table.

JLEW1818
10/14/2008, 03:28 PM
I just don't see 3 teams going 11-1, but thanks for looking that up. !

Big Red Ron
10/14/2008, 05:11 PM
1) The records of the three teams will be compared against each other;
2) The records of the three teams will be compared within their division;
3) The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish - 4, 5 and 6;
4) The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5) The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular-season (intra-) conference play shall be the representative;
6) The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games - e.g. 12th games such as Kickoff Classic, Pigskin Classic, Hawaii, etc.] shall be the representative;
7) The representative will be chosen by draw.

BCS rankings would be the tiebreaker assuming all teams go 11-1. An early loss will help us since we won't be losing ground if we run the table.In that case, if we and okiestate were to undefeated the winner of the game would be the highest ranked team. Cool.