PDA

View Full Version : Not your daddies OU-Nebraska

Jacie
10/14/2008, 06:05 AM
Stoops and Brown are now friendly to each other. After 10 games they have developed a grudging respect despite of or perhaps because of their differing coaching styles. So the question is . . .

Can OU-saxet be the OU-Nebraska of this millenium? Can we learn to temper OUr hate for them (assuming they can too) and start to maybe respect them a little? Should I stop refering to them as whorns and spell the name of their school correctly?

SoonerEmpire
10/14/2008, 06:34 AM
Can we learn to temper OUr hate for them

HELL NO!!!!

Whorns will ALWAYS be whorns no matter how much of a weird respect that Stoops and Mack may or may not have towards each other.

adoniijahsooner
10/14/2008, 06:49 AM
Colt and Sam were talking after the game, and when asked what was said Colt replied, "Me and Sam are good friends". We are moving towards a different era.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/14/2008, 08:09 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on this! EFF TEXAS!

OUDoc
10/14/2008, 08:21 AM
No. Won't happen.

BuckyB
10/14/2008, 08:21 AM
Why is displaying a little class and respect so difficult?

OUDoc
10/14/2008, 08:31 AM
Why is displaying a little class and respect so difficult?

Good question. Go ask them.

yermom
10/14/2008, 08:38 AM
:D

StoopTroup
10/14/2008, 08:40 AM
Good question. Go ask them.

:D

http://giseleart.com/ceramics/images/word_play/ItNutshell06.jpg

TheUnnamedSooner
10/14/2008, 09:19 AM
After the game, I didn't get harrassed once. It was really weird. Usually, win or lose, the whorns still talk a bunch of trash. Several came up to me and said good game. I thought I was in Bizzarro World.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/14/2008, 10:28 AM
After the game, I didn't get harrassed once. It was really weird. Usually, win or lose, the whorns still talk a bunch of trash. Several came up to me and said good game. I thought I was in Bizzarro World.

Eh, all the a-holes must have found me...YWIA!

Big Red Ron
10/14/2008, 10:31 AM
Stoops and Brown are now friendly to each other. After 10 games they have developed a grudging respect despite of or perhaps because of their differing coaching styles. So the question is . . .

Can OU-saxet be the OU-Nebraska of this millenium? Can we learn to temper OUr hate for them (assuming they can too) and start to maybe respect them a little? Should I stop refering to them as whorns and spell the name of their school correctly?
The only interesting parallel I'm looking for here is a rematch with the team that won during the season. I think it'll work out the same. A true game of the century.

TUSooner
10/14/2008, 10:54 AM
I sure hope not; people already show way too damn much respect for each other in this world !!
:mad: *

* irony, n. - A figure of speech in which the intended meaning is the opposite of that expressed by the words used; usually taking the form of sarcasm or ridicule in which laudatory expressions are used to imply condemnation or contempt.

Partial Qualifier
10/14/2008, 11:06 AM
Stoops and Mack are nice-nice... Colt and Sam are friends... Fans are classy after the game... Hornfans.com was almost in 100% agreement with their praise of OU....

Weird stuff.

OUDoc
10/14/2008, 11:21 AM
Stoops and Mack are nice-nice... Colt and Sam are friends... Fans are classy after the game... Hornfans.com was almost in 100% agreement with their praise of OU....

Weird stuff.

Yeah, didn't Nostradamus say "To the south, the great Satan will align himself with the righteous"?
Something like that.

85sooners
10/26/2008, 10:48 AM
:confused:

yermom
10/26/2008, 11:21 AM

Weird stuff.

dogs and cats, living together...

Dan Thompson
10/26/2008, 11:28 AM
It's okay by me as long as USC is left out of all this nice-nice stuff.

okiewaker
10/26/2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah, what happened to the subtle barbs Bob used to throw out there during his press conf. before the OU-TX game. Things like that, to me, is what gave us that EDGE. It don't seem like that it is there anymore. Yes we are good and I am happy, but I liked it when they played with a chip on their shoulder and other teams feared to step on the field with us.