PDA

View Full Version : Thread Starters

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 10:45 PM
The people starting most of these threads lately just aren't as good as they should be. We were fooled into thinking they were going to dominate the other boards, but when really tested, seem to be lost and can't find the leadership to meet the high expectations we had for them.

Sure, when trying to get spek back, they were fine. Even looked dominant. Coupla good Drunkytowns don't make a season though. SicEm's love life? Hit that softball out of the park. But when the real test came, the effort and execution was not there.

Is Phil really giving the proper guidance? Perhaps some of the Mods should move on...I know there has been a turnover of good posters from the past, but the influx of n00bs was supposed to make these highly-promoted writers blow past the other boards and return us to glory past.

Sure, the server having issues doesn't help. There were some bad times there last week, but you can't blame the thread-starter's poor performance entirely on that. It goes both ways you know. Frankly, if the server is down it is impossible to write meh. Therefore, you can't blame that...certainly other boards have the same issue. Last week, they were just better than us.

The fundamentals people. You can't have the best thread writers in the country without them. It is obvious that the poor execution is due to the lack of proper smiley usage and improper starring of threads. Links, quotes, all of it. Sure Phil takes responsibility but it ultimately comes down to the originator, the writer, the wordsmith.

Maybe we can get it back. We have time. Some things need to go our way, and... if these folks finally get their heads out of their ***, we can get back to reading some good shiit.

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 10:48 PM
I have been accused Numerous times of using to many :D :O :) :( :confused: :gary: :mad: :texan: :P ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :pop: :hot:
I dont Know why ?

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 10:49 PM
how many beers u deep vet.

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 10:52 PM
how many beers u deep vet.

AS I told the Cop . Ive only had 3 or 4 :P

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2008, 10:55 PM
SicEm's love life? Hit that softball out of the park.

The laws of universal karma indicate: the very existence of that thread means Sicem won't be getting laid for a REALLY long time.

StoopTroup
10/13/2008, 10:55 PM
I like using pictures to do my talking. :D

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 11:04 PM
I'd like to start a thread but I can't right now. I'm sure it'd turn into a flame fest but it really is a sincere question.

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2008, 11:17 PM
do it

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 11:18 PM
I'd like to start a thread but I can't right now. I'm sure it'd turn into a flame fest but it really is a sincere question.

Peem Me , Ill start it for you . Curse you get all the credit .;)

sooner59
10/13/2008, 11:18 PM
Nice post...haha. I loved it. Made alot of sense actually. Im beginning to start more threads. I actually think before I post so I hope it helps. But obviously im just approaching 500 posts, so I call upon OLEVET, StoopTroup, and all of those other multi-thousand post members to give us the leadership we need as a young board ready to break out and show the nation that we belong!

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 11:19 PM
Nice post...haha. I loved it. Made alot of sense actually. Im beginning to start more threads. I actually think before I post so I hope it helps. But obviously im just approaching 500 posts, so I call upon OLEVET, StoopTroup, and all of those other multi-thousand post members to give us the leadership we need as a young board ready to break out and show the nation that we belong!

Yer still green so Ya got that going fer ya ;)

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 11:24 PM
Yer still green so Ya got that going fer ya ;)

Good siggy for ya, Fitty-niner.

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 11:32 PM
Peem Me , Ill start it for you . Curse you get all the credit .;)

sent

tommieharris91
10/13/2008, 11:32 PM
I blame Brian Britt.

StoopTroup
10/13/2008, 11:38 PM
BTW....

They can't all be gold.

Your gonna have a few that tank...

It happens...

Don't give up trying....

However....

Beware of trying to "Make it Work"...

YWIA :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/14/2008, 12:27 AM
deer gawd

Fraggle145
10/14/2008, 01:46 AM
I am all that is man.

swardboy
10/14/2008, 08:12 AM
Cognito ergo sum. :):P:cool::D:gary:

frankensooner
10/14/2008, 08:59 AM
This board needs more poles.

badger
10/14/2008, 09:03 AM
Meh, I was actually kind of annoyed this weekend where everyone had to start their own personal "My opinion is..." thread, or even some posters who started multiple "My opinion is..." threads.

soonerhillbilly
10/14/2008, 09:12 AM
My good friend is from Poland and no we don't need more polls... oh wait... more flag poles?

StoopTroup
10/14/2008, 09:14 AM
This board needs more poles.

I just helped yOU OUt.

YW :D

Lott's Bandana
10/14/2008, 10:36 AM
Meh, I was actually kind of annoyed this weekend where everyone had to start their own personal "My opinion is..." thread, or even some posters who started multiple "My opinion is..." threads.

That is pretty much my point, Badj.

badger
10/14/2008, 12:50 PM
That is pretty much my point, Badj.

Well, then maybe I should just blatantly post the words

I AGREE

and we don't have to be so subtle.

the_ouskull
10/14/2008, 01:00 PM
I like using pictures to do my talking. :D

In!

the_ouskull

85sooners
10/26/2008, 08:16 PM
:pop:

tommieharris91
10/26/2008, 08:18 PM
The best threads are new thread for games in the 3rd quarter when there is already another thread for that game.

StormySooner-IN
10/26/2008, 08:35 PM
The best threads are new thread for games in the 3rd quarter when there is already another thread for that game.

<cough> RLIMC <cough>

;)

birddog
10/26/2008, 08:46 PM

i'm not real big on people who use "IMHO" or "IMO". for some reason i think it's really ghey, IMHO.

Scotty
10/27/2008, 01:22 AM
i'm not real big .

ywia (https://www.berkeleybrands.com/enzyte/)

:D

KingBarry
10/27/2008, 02:36 AM
I've considered this conundrum, and I feel that all I can do is play lights out on every snap, every down, and every post. How can I condemn others when I am not fully engaged in finding the answers myself?

I have searched for the truth, and i know only this.

The more reps, the better. Move up the depth chart. Get more experience, and get better, stronger, and faster.

That's right. I'm going to take the next step..... I am now committed to padding fully my post count, where and when I can.

KingBarry
10/27/2008, 02:37 AM
See above

tommieharris91
10/27/2008, 10:34 AM
Kinda like this?

8timechamps
10/27/2008, 12:31 PM
Lotts,

It's people like you that make the real Soonerfans.com posters look bad.

Sure we had a rough week. I agree that the server issues go both ways. But, until we find a Mod that knows how to run a board in this conference, we're going to continue to struggle!

Geez, what's going to happen when we are in Texas Tech week? If we don't find a new mod soon, we can forget the rest of the season! We're soonerfans.com....we should expect perfection!!!1!!

When do we start asking ourselves "is Phil really emotionally involved?" ? I can't help but think he's looking at taking a position at the national level. Maybe an ESPN or FSN gig.

;)

badger
10/27/2008, 01:24 PM
Lotts,

It's people like you that make the real Soonerfans.com posters look bad.

Sure we had a rough week. I agree that the server issues go both ways. But, until we find a Mod that knows how to run a board in this conference, we're going to continue to struggle!

Geez, what's going to happen when we are in Texas Tech week? If we don't find a new mod soon, we can forget the rest of the season! We're soonerfans.com....we should expect perfection!!!1!!

When do we start asking ourselves "is Phil really emotionally involved?" ? I can't help but think he's looking at taking a position at the national level. Maybe an ESPN or FSN gig.

I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread.
;)

the_ouskull
10/27/2008, 06:03 PM

Don't tell me that a WOMAN isn't going to let people change their mind. It's bad enough that our defense tackles like old people f*ck. Let's not add "hypocrisy" to the litany of offenses. :D

the_ouskull

PalmBeachSooner1
10/27/2008, 07:15 PM
The people starting most of these threads lately just aren't as good as they should be. We were fooled into thinking they were going to dominate the other boards, but when really tested, seem to be lost and can't find the leadership to meet the high expectations we had for them.

Sure, when trying to get spek back, they were fine. Even looked dominant. Coupla good Drunkytowns don't make a season though. SicEm's love life? Hit that softball out of the park. But when the real test came, the effort and execution was not there.

Is Phil really giving the proper guidance? Perhaps some of the Mods should move on...I know there has been a turnover of good posters from the past, but the influx of n00bs was supposed to make these highly-promoted writers blow past the other boards and return us to glory past.

Sure, the server having issues doesn't help. There were some bad times there last week, but you can't blame the thread-starter's poor performance entirely on that. It goes both ways you know. Frankly, if the server is down it is impossible to write meh. Therefore, you can't blame that...certainly other boards have the same issue. Last week, they were just better than us.

The fundamentals people. You can't have the best thread writers in the country without them. It is obvious that the poor execution is due to the lack of proper smiley usage and improper starring of threads. Links, quotes, all of it. Sure Phil takes responsibility but it ultimately comes down to the originator, the writer, the wordsmith.

Maybe we can get it back. We have time. Some things need to go our way, and... if these folks finally get their heads out of their ***, we can get back to reading some good shiit.

Man, you sure take this message board stuff awfully serious.

Rogue
10/27/2008, 07:51 PM
Original thought is underrated.

ratherthanlater
10/27/2008, 07:54 PM
bobboberson

ratherthanlater
10/27/2008, 07:55 PM
Liar it doesn't star out my password. Or am I the only one that can see it?

KingDavid
10/27/2008, 08:00 PM
Original thought is underrated.

That's what a lot of people say.

Sooner13
10/27/2008, 09:11 PM

My best 85Sooners impression in 5 4 3 2 1...........

:gary:

or

That is all.