PDA

View Full Version : Is raising texas during a economic downturn good or bad

badger
10/13/2008, 03:47 PM
I personally feel that it is absolutely wrong to raise Texas to the No. 1 football ranking during this economic downturn. It is important to raise buyer confidence to stimulate the economy, but I don't see people buying more ugly orange merchandise during these already depressing times.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/13/2008, 04:55 PM
I personally feel that it is absolutely wrong to raise Texas to the No. 1 football ranking during this economic downturn. It is important to raise buyer confidence to stimulate the economy, but I don't see people buying more ugly orange merchandise during these already depressing times.

Raising texas, turning protexasnist, and restricting the flow of capital didn't work well for Hebert Hoover.

badger
10/13/2008, 05:03 PM
It's ok, SanJoaquin - I know my dup thread was a phail from the start, you don't have to pity post here :O

batonrougesooner
10/13/2008, 05:09 PM
They earned it. They should keep it. Or we could get the government to take it from them and spread the wealth of rankings out evenly. Think of all those "working American football teams" who don't have a number one ranking. We should give them some of Texas' ranking so they can feel good about themselves too.

badger
10/13/2008, 05:12 PM
They earned it. They should keep it. Or we could get the government to take it from them and spread the wealth of rankings out evenly. Think of all those "working American football teams" who don't have a number one ranking. We should give them some of Texas' ranking so they can feel good about themselves too.

Well, well, maybe this thread has some life in it after all :D

batonrougesooner
10/13/2008, 05:14 PM
Well, well, maybe this thread has some life in it after all :D

Heh, I'm with you. Just still fired up from the previous similar tax thread. :D

NormanPride
10/13/2008, 05:16 PM
I personally feel that raising texas is always wrong. But if you're going to do it, you might as well make some good out of it by letting the poor crazies live there.

sooner_born_1960
10/13/2008, 06:32 PM
Razing Texas is never a bad idea.