PDA

View Full Version : Your Least Favorite Team in All of Sports

Sooner04
10/13/2008, 01:39 PM
You can pick a school here and whitewash all of their teams as someone you hate, but I'd rather see something truly specific. It could be professional, college or high school, but who do you REALLY hate. Who would you NEVER root for under any circumstance.

Mine has evolved over the years, but for the last six or seven years that choice has been crystal clear. Above all else, far and away, I HATE the players, coaches and fans who comprise the University of Kansas men's basketball team.

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2008, 01:41 PM
The Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College.

Aggie delenda est.

JohnnyMack
10/13/2008, 01:43 PM
Oklahoma State Football

Oakland Raiders

New York Yankees (except Jeter, cause he's an alright guy)

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 01:45 PM
If I had to pick one team, only....college...easy, it's texas.
Pro, Boston Red ****ing Sox.

Sorry Grapevine...you know where i'm coming from. :D

KC//CRIMSON
10/13/2008, 01:46 PM
Aggy

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 01:50 PM
Saxet Shorthorns...

...no question about it, and it doesn't matter what sport, I hate'em with a passion.

badger
10/13/2008, 01:51 PM
You specify "team," but :les:TOO BAD, I'm picking more than one! [hairGel]

College basketball: Stanford University
Why: Their students are deplorable and have taken over as the sole team that Sherri Coale, bless her, cannot beat (because Iowa State has lost this honor in recent history). On the men's side, the Lopez twins were bullies and thug-like in the tourney and I wished them a quick trip to the NBA second round... wish not granted :mad:

College football: University of Southern California
Why: Some call us the land thieves and the cheaters, but we've since reformed and USC has taken over as a recruit thief through cheating. There is no team I would like to beat more and it isn't just because of the game of which we do not speak, it's because I would love to be the example of how a clean program can win over a dirty one.

Pro football: Minnesota Vikings/Chicago Bears
Why: Years of Randy Moss has soured this Packer fan on the purple guys even though Moss has moved on and All Day has moved in. I cheer for AD to have good games, but to never beat the Pack. Da Bears are just a historic rival that need to stay in their place at the bottom of the conference. Cutting Mark Bradley and JD Runnels is also unforgiveable, as Tommie Harris has eluded to... speaking of, suspending Tommie is also unforgiveable. Boo Bears. Boo.

NBA: Chicago Bulls
Why: After years of watching them win over and over again and embarrass my favorite team the Bucks en route to 70-plus (Milwaukee was win No. 70 that year), I enjoy watching Chi-town suffer, much like I'm sure Celtic hated loved to see them lose a lot for years. Pistons are a close second for conference ties and some thugging in the 80s.

National team: China
Why: The women's soccer team was so endearing under Mia Hamm et all, but China nearly ended the dream World Cup run. Women's gymnastics had a wonderful showing this past Olympics, but was constantly dogged by biased reffing (ok, I'm a little biased too) and had to compete with girls who likely were too young to compete (and yes, that is a hardship in women's gymnsatics). The anti-commie comes out in all of us Americans when our national sports nemesis wears red (either China or Russia).

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/13/2008, 01:57 PM
Pro: New York Yankees
College: Notre Dame
High School: lOSUr Orange Aggy
Grade School: those daggone Immaculate Conception Copperheads

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 01:58 PM
You specify "team," but :les:TOO BAD, I'm picking more than one! [hairGel]

College basketball: Stanford University
Why: Their students are deplorable and have taken over as the sole team that Sherri Coale, bless her, cannot beat (because Iowa State has lost this honor in recent history). On the men's side, the Lopez twins were bullies and thug-like in the tourney and I wished them a quick trip to the NBA second round... wish not granted :mad:

College football: University of Southern California
Why: Some call us the land thieves and the cheaters, but we've since reformed and USC has taken over as a recruit thief through cheating. There is no team I would like to beat more and it isn't just because of the game of which we do not speak, it's because I would love to be the example of how a clean program can win over a dirty one.

Pro football: Minnesota Vikings/Chicago Bears
Why: Years of Randy Moss has soured this Packer fan on the purple guys even though Moss has moved on and All Day has moved in. I cheer for AD to have good games, but to never beat the Pack. Da Bears are just a historic rival that need to stay in their place at the bottom of the conference. Cutting Mark Bradley and JD Runnels is also unforgiveable, as Tommie Harris has eluded to... speaking of, suspending Tommie is also unforgiveable. Boo Bears. Boo.

They are as overrated as the Packers with Favre, poor poor Brett.

NBA: Chicago Bulls
Why: After years of watching them win over and over again and embarrass my favorite team the Bucks en route to 70-plus (Milwaukee was win No. 70 that year), I enjoy watching Chi-town suffer, much like I'm sure Celtic hated loved to see them lose a lot for years. Pistons are a close second for conference ties and some thugging in the 80s.

National team: China
Why: The women's soccer team was so endearing under Mia Hamm et all, but China nearly ended the dream World Cup run. Women's gymnastics had a wonderful showing this past Olympics, but was constantly dogged by biased reffing (ok, I'm a little biased too) and had to compete with girls who likely were too young to compete (and yes, that is a hardship in women's gymnsatics). The anti-commie comes out in all of us Americans when our national sports nemesis wears red (either China or Russia).

:D

royalfan5
10/13/2008, 01:59 PM
The Cubs.

froneal
10/13/2008, 02:00 PM
As a proper Oklahoma fan, I hate no one more than the University of Texas in all incarnations. I will never understand why people cheered for Texas to win the Rose Bowl over USC. Well, I guess I understand the "revenge on USC" factor, but I would much rather have seen USC get another NC than Texas. Some people were arguing that we should cheer on Texas for "the good of the Big 12".... Screw the Big 12. They get tons of money no matter if we win or lose bowl games. They aren't hurting for money.

After Texas, probably Oklahoma State. I hated that we lost to LSU in the Sugar Bowl but I didn't mind the school that much until Lester took over there. Now they're contemptible. I hate watching them barely scrape by with "brave" last-ditch efforts and Lester is hailed as a "gutsy" guy. He's still the same aggot as ever.

USC sucks and is way overhyped, as they have been for about 5 years now. I still hate Boise State and dread watching their games on TV, which always inevitably lead back to UPSETTING THE SOONERS. After last year's bowl, I was more disappointed than angry at West Virginia, especially considering how horrible Bill Stewart ending up doing there this year.

As far as teams I always enjoy watching go down: Notre Dame, Miami, Missouri, Michigan, Oregon, Texas Tech, TCU, Hawaii (in order of hatred).

I'm a vindictive football watcher. :D

badger
10/13/2008, 02:03 PM
I will never understand why people cheered for Texas to win the Rose Bowl over USC.

'Splanation:

The better Texas recruits, the worse they do against us.

Great recruits=No championships=Oklahoma's B!tch :D

Note: Recruits in plural, not singular, so please don't point out VY. He was a great recruit, singular. Not "great recruits," plural.

Thus, championship=great recruits, which then means no championships, which then makes them Oklahoma's B!tch.

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 02:04 PM
Heh, I cheered for the football to get squirted loose in that game.
Damn talk about a choice between a turd and a **** sammich, I couldn't cheer for either texass or suc.

froneal
10/13/2008, 02:07 PM
I dunno Badger, that's some backwards logic you got going there... :D

Heh, I cheered for the football to get squirted loose in that game.
Damn talk about a choice between a turd and a **** sammich, I couldn't cheer for either texass or suc.

I cheered for the longshot possibility of an earthquake collapsing the stadium and raining destruction upon both squads.... but alas, it never came true. :mad:

Chuck Bao
10/13/2008, 02:13 PM
I love college football and college football fans except those from LSU.

I love college basketball, both men's and women's. I have no problem with the fans being fans.

I am not a fan of baseball. I hate the role that money plays in the sport. I especially hate the New York Yankees.

I hate soccer. I hate Manchester United and Liverpool. They are the mother of all monied sports on steriods.

NormanPride
10/13/2008, 02:13 PM
This is tough. There are teams that I hate, and teams I love to see fail, but it is hard to pick out one that I will not root for no matter what.

It's harder to avoid rooting for hated teams in football, when losses mean you can jump in ranking and bowl status. In basketball it is much easier where tournaments determine just about everything. Still, even through all that I have the most ire for is the Miami Hurricanes football team. I hates them so much...

badger
10/13/2008, 02:14 PM
I dunno Badger, that's some backwards logic you got going there... :D

:mad: Backwards logic makes me forget what happened Saturday and that the days of AD's abs next to each of my posts are numbered :mad:

:D So anyways, you were talking about an earthquake hitting southern california??? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2008, 02:15 PM
I can't say anybody in the Big 12 because at certain parts of the year, I pull for the conference teams to win....

I don't know that I have ever cheered for USC...going back to the Rodney Peete days

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 02:20 PM
I can't say anybody in the Big 12 because at certain parts of the year, I pull for the conference teams to win....

STEP, you might be as good a person as any to explain this conference loyalty thing to me, because I just don't get it. If anything I see conference teams as being our main rivals and as such hate them mightily. I would be pleased if on a weekly basis the only conference team to win was OU.

froneal
10/13/2008, 02:25 PM
:mad: Backwards logic makes me forget what happened Saturday and that the days of AD's abs next to each of my posts are numbered :mad:

:D So anyways, you were talking about an earthquake hitting southern california??? :D

In a perfect world, Californians would get their wish and secede from the U.S....just sayin'. ;)

I am not a fan of baseball. I hate the role that money plays in the sport. I especially hate the New York Yankees.

I don't understand the appeal of baseball at all. A loss means precisely nothing in the long run. Teams with 85 losses are deemed "good." The season is ridiculously long as well, how do people even keep up with all of it. I guess stats nerds are into baseball for that reason, but realistically, football owns the U.S.

I can't stand any form of NASCAR, either. Let's turn left for 3 hours, sounds like a hell of a party! :rolleyes:

froneal
10/13/2008, 02:27 PM
STEP, you might be as good a person as any to explain this conference loyalty thing to me, because I just don't get it. If anything I see conference teams as being our main rivals and as such hate them mightily. I would be pleased if on a weekly basis the only conference team to win was OU.

The only thing I can think is that our strength of schedule would look weak to pollsters if we beat up on cupcake Big 12 teams after beating up teams like MTSU and North Texas early on. (Kinda like the Pac-10/Big East this year)

NYC Poke

I want whoever wins the Big XII to play for a MNC. I want the rest of the nation to recognize that whatever team makes it out on top in the Big XII is one of the best teams in college football and deserving of playing for a MNC. This is only possible if the other teams in the conference are good as well.

stoops the eternal pimp
Well I don't stand in my living room and start Big 12 chants but during the bowl games, and NCAA tourney, I do tend to pull for the big 12 teams...

I don't know if has much to do with conference loyalty as it makes OU spanking that team in the regular season a little more special after that team goes out of conference and smacks around a pac 10 or SEC foe...

and what NYC said

salth2o
10/13/2008, 02:28 PM
Notre Dame football.

soonerscuba
10/13/2008, 02:29 PM
I challenge you to find a more heinous group of people than Dallas Cowboys fans.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2008, 02:30 PM
I challenge you to find a more heinous group of people than Dallas Cowboys fans.

TROUP!

Sooner04
10/13/2008, 02:31 PM
See, I don't give two ****s what the rest of the Big 12 is doing. Oklahoma has been a great football program since the '30s, and if we take care of our business then we WILL be playing for the national title. We'll never be like Penn State in '69 or '94 and we'll never be like Auburn in '04 because WE'RE OKLAHOMA!

That's why I don't give a flip about the Big 12. Take care of our business, and we'll always be there. The rest of the conference may need the other teams to do well, but we don't.

Paperclip
10/13/2008, 02:31 PM
Whoever is being coached by Les Miles.

badger
10/13/2008, 02:32 PM
In a perfect world, Californians would get their wish and secede from the U.S....just sayin'. ;)

How would be bail them out for $7 billion if they secede?

Oh... right... Obama foreign aid :)

D@mmit, I just made this a political thread. D@mmit, d@mmit, d@mmit. NO MORE POLITICAL TALK IN THIS THREAD, plzkthx.

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2008, 02:36 PM

If only OU won then it would weaken your SoS.

mdklatt
10/13/2008, 02:36 PM
Saxet Shorthorns...

...no question about it, and it doesn't matter what sport, I hate'em with a passion.

What if there's a situation where Texas has to beat, say, Tech for us to win the Big 12 South?

Is there any sport for which it's possible to root against a team 100% of the time because they will never have an effect on the team you like? MLB is probably the closest, but interleague play has ruined that.

Ike
10/13/2008, 02:38 PM
saxet
Red Sox

crawfish
10/13/2008, 02:46 PM
Anybody who doesn't say the whorns is wrong.

froneal
10/13/2008, 02:50 PM
What if there's a situation where Texas has to beat, say, Tech for us to win the Big 12 South?

At that point I would still root for Tech since we didn't take care of business enough during the season to keep from back-dooring into the Big 12 South. But it would be hard to do that. I think I would just not watch the game. Kinda like I didn't watch Texas/USC in '05. :D

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 02:55 PM

I hate saxet, I would root against them.

For us to be in that situation would mean we didn't take care of our business in the first place, and that's on us.

reevie
10/13/2008, 02:57 PM
Texas Longhorns
Chicago Cubs

Veritas
10/13/2008, 02:59 PM
Notre Dame.

Whorns are a close second.

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 03:04 PM
Notre Dame.

Whorns are a close second.

You'd be exactly right if you flipped those two around. :D

10/13/2008, 03:17 PM
STEP, you might be as good a person as any to explain this conference loyalty thing to me, because I just don't get it. If anything I see conference teams as being our main rivals and as such hate them mightily. I would be pleased if on a weekly basis the only conference team to win was OU.To me it's about recruiting. If a team in our primary recruiting area does well, it helps their recruiting, and not ours.

NYC Poke
10/13/2008, 03:17 PM
Well I don't stand in my living room and start Big 12 chants

What conference would be moronic enough to do that? Oh, never mind . . .

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 03:24 PM
Can I nominate any team in the SEC also? With the exception of Bama of course.

10/13/2008, 03:26 PM
Do the Bama fans chant "SEC, SEC" when they win a game? If so, eff 'em!

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 03:30 PM
No, but they do the "Choke BULLDOG Choke" chant well. :D

froneal
10/13/2008, 03:32 PM
Can I nominate any team in the SEC also? With the exception of Bama of course.

I gotta give Florida props for kicking Lester in the teeth this weekend. And I don't have anything against Tim Tebow, he's a great guy and a hell of a QB.

I think the only SEC team I really hate is LSU, and I probably wouldn't hate them so much if it weren't for :les: taking over. Though I get sick of "the SEC's so tough, all they do is beat up on each other" talk. They are definitely far from the dominant conference this year.

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 03:49 PM
There is a guy on another board who is EXACTLY that type, who raves about how dominant the SEC is every year and went on the warpath when I made comments about how ****ty his Auburn team is.
THEN he went on a rant about how much OU sucked Saturday.....that....was a mistake.

I parlayed that into a speech about how overrated Georgia/Florida/Auburn are...not to mention that overrated *** coaching trio they have.
He stayed pretty silent after the Georgia loss to Bama.

Here is the excerpt-

I'm laughing at a fan of a team that basically wears the word 'cheaters' on the front of their jerseys cracking on anybody. I mean, somebody from OU talking about people getting what they deserve and all?

And I will say this too: OU is ALWAYS - maybe outside of Ohio State - THE most overrated team in any sport. They made the championship in 2003 and got whipped. They got put in the 2004 game over a 13-0 Auburn team and got downright embarrassed.

'Bama's the best team in a conference that's won the last 2 championships and 3 of the last 5. One of the two of the last five years the SEC didn't win was the year Auburn got bypassed for the 'sooners/cheaters'. Bama's played 2 highly rated opponents and beat the crap out of both of them. The fact that Texas got 44 1st place votes and Bama got 14 kinda defies explanation.

That guy is a tool, oh and he also made the argument that South Florida could beat ANY team in the Big XII based off of the win against Kansas.
This other dude on there, a Taco Tech fan reminded him that Kansas is the exception to the rule of this conference, and would gladly take on the Bulls whenever.

And yeah...I had to remind him of how they are enjoying that 19 place in the polls now.

silverwheels
10/13/2008, 03:52 PM
The entire city of Boston.

badger
10/13/2008, 03:55 PM
I suddenly hate texas more than I did when I first posted on this thread.

froneal
10/13/2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah I wouldn't say a 7-point loss in 2003 to LSU is a "whipping" by any means. He's got a point about 2004, though, sadly.

And he can't see why beating the #1 team in the country is better than having a bye week? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah I wouldn't say a 7-point loss in 2003 to LSU is a "whipping" by any means. He's got a point about 2004, though, sadly.

And he can't see why beating the #1 team in the country is better than having a bye week? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

Tell me, he's a delusional soccer watching ***. On second thought I believe he is new to watching football and is probably watching the sec due to peer pressure from his inbred friends.

KsSooner
10/13/2008, 04:07 PM
Not even close...Notre Dame.

tommieharris91
10/13/2008, 04:28 PM
texass. The only way I can bring myself to root for them are when them beating someone helps OU.

Distant others:
2. st. louis cardinals
3. green bay packers
4. oklahoma state cowboys

AllAboutThe'O'
10/13/2008, 07:50 PM
The entire city of Boston.

Agreed.

I also hate Texas (who else?), USC, Tennessee, Alabama (can't pull for Saban), Florida (actually I liked them when Spurrier was the coach and it was where Bob was at before coming to OU), North Carolina, Michigan (since Rich-Rod took over), Missouri (a.k.a. Journalism U.), Ohio State, Miami, West Virginia. I also used to like Boise State, but that was before Jan. 1, 2007.

In MLB, I hate the St. Louis Cardinals, N.Y. Yankees, Chicago White Sox and Cubs, Oakland A's, LA Angels of El Segundo and the Seattle Mariners. Along with the Red Sux Nation of course.

In the NFL, I hate the Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Buccaneers, Falcons and 49ers. I also normally hate the Giants, but they will always have a soft spot in my heart after knocking off the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

In the NBA, I hate the whole league and the commissioner, especially the Lakers, Celtics and Heat. Except for the Mavericks and maybe now the Thunder, too.

In the NHL, the only team I truly hate with a passion are the Red Wings.

I also hate NASCAR and golf.

Rogue
10/13/2008, 08:08 PM
What team do I hate the most?
In a word...texas.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 08:14 PM
Whorns
SUC/ND
Boone St.
---------
red sox (the aggy lite of baseball)
---------
Patriots (because their fans are red sox fans)
---------
Lakers (bandwagon celebs and rapists)
---------

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2008, 08:17 PM
Texas. Period.

I'd root for the Al Qaeda All-stars with Saddam Hussein at QB before I'd root for Texas.

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 08:44 PM
Texas. Period.

I'd root for the Al Qaeda All-stars with Saddam Hussein at QB before I'd root for Texas.

That was well said. :D SPEK

Boarder
10/13/2008, 09:55 PM
The question was who I would NEVER root for. That would be osu. I root for texas to rout them every year which would be the one time I root for texas.

And, it's the fans' fault. Back before Blake I used to root for them the same way I would Tulsa. Then they got all uppity. Maybe you can actually blame Blake. Na, it's the fans' fault.

Cheerin' 4 OU
10/14/2008, 12:10 AM
I'm with Boarder on this one.

It just seems that Poke fans - and coaches - make the world a very very ugly place to live in.

zulumarc06mc
10/14/2008, 01:53 AM
Texas.... nough said

MrJimBeam
10/14/2008, 06:44 AM
CUBS!!!

GrapevineSooner
10/14/2008, 08:12 AM
NBA - Spurs: I respect their dynasty and the players all seem like good guys.

I just don't like their propensity to follow Tim Duncan's lead and immediately put their palms up in the air when they commit a foul or some other transgression.

MLB - Yankees (for obvious reasons) with the Angels a close second: I can't stand Mike Scioscia, nor can I stand the Steinbrenners.

NFL - Eagles and Redskins: I can't stand either teams' fans. Which is odd because I bear no ill will towards any of the other cities' professional sports teams.

NHL - Rangers and Avalanche: Got hooked on the game as an Islanders fan and I generally can't stand people from Colorado in general.

So the Avs get the brunt of my hatred.

In fact, I hate the Avs so much that I'll root for Detroit in any playoff series between those two.

SteelClip49
10/14/2008, 08:41 AM
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
Nothing but bandwagon fans; Gasol is a big baby; I respect Kobe but everything about them is just blah despite all their trophies.

MLB- The Whole Sport
I cannot stand baseball but I always do watch the World Series because that is when baseball begins and ends for me. The game is way overhyped and it's not the same game that my dad and granddad knew when they were younger.

NHL- Detroit Red Wings
Kiss My Arse!!!

NFL- Dallas Cowgirls
Being a Steelers fan, there is a lot of hate toward the Cleveland Frowns but Dallas will always be hated because of their thuggish and convict profile they have been for years. If they are truly America's Team, then American football hasn't done squat since 1996.

NCAA Hoops- Whoever Dicky V. creams over- Big East and ACC teams
Duke and UNC basketball are the USC Trojans of basketball. They can lose to a crappy team and there is still so much praise for them they can drop no less than 2 spots everytime.

College Football- LSU Tigers
Their fans suck and yes losing the game sucked but the whole experience with their fans and bandwagon fans was terrible. It's nothing but trash down there and their fans are examples of the stinch you smell in a porta potty. The 2003 Sugar Bowl experience was beyond pathetic... no metter where we went, you could always expect derogatory comments, fights started by them and urine filled or just bottles thrown our direction. Oh and that Less Smiles is the coach there as well.

misplaced_sooner
10/14/2008, 08:49 AM
Wow, what a question...

Probably USuC. I'm tired of the media slurpfest every year. They aren't that good...period.

Pro football:
The Colts or Giants. I can't stand either of the Mannings..

tbl
10/14/2008, 08:50 AM
I love college football and college football fans except those from LSU.

I agree with this. On the whole, I hate the whorns program more than any other, but if we were to play LSU regularly there's no doubt they would take top billing. I married into a whole mess of them (my wife is a converted OU fan, so take that), and they are indeed a sorry lot... and this is family we're talking about.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/15/2008, 06:46 PM
Dallas Cowboys

StormySooner-IN
10/15/2008, 07:53 PM
Notre Dame, Cowboys, Yankees/BoSox, saxet, Patriots.

GottaHavePride
10/15/2008, 08:10 PM
You know what? I hate Texas. And I hate OSU. And I hate USC and Notre Dame.

But I REALLY ****ING HATE Syracuse men's basketball.

Seriously. As bad as the Poke fans and the Horn fans are... I have never before been cussed at by 7-year-olds who were with their grandparents who just smiled when the little kid said "We're gonna beat the **** outta you!" and flipped us off.

You know what? **** Syracuse. **** 'em right in the ear.

Oldnslo
10/15/2008, 08:31 PM
I cannot believe that there's been such scant mention of my least favorite team in all of sport:

The University of Miami coCaines.

...and the more OSU fans I know, the less I like OSU. I also used to root for osu as a team from our great state. But a Great Percentage of their fans are absolute tools.

soonerboomer93
10/15/2008, 08:56 PM
****ing CU

the entire AL and most of the NL

Detroit Redwings

Any team from Philly

Notre Damn

Raiders, Chefs and stupidchargers...