PDA

View Full Version : What would you prefer???

OUMedMan
10/13/2008, 11:54 AM
Just for sake of discussion, and not predicting anything. . . . . .

Let's say that Texas, Alabama, and Penn State all win out, and OU and USC and Florida and Utah all win the rest of their games.

Now assuming that Texas, Alabama, and Penn State are the top three teams. . . .

Question #1 -- what NC BCS game would you like to see?

Texas vs. Alabama, Texas vs. Penn State, or Alabama vs. Penn State?

And that brings us to question #2 --

Who do you see OU playing? and in what bowl?

Obviously USC would be in the rose bowl; but if Penn State went to the BCS NC, then the Rose Bowl would get to pick who ever they wanted (I think) -- Would they take OU? or Florida?

If Alabama went to the BCS NC, then the Sugar Bowl would get to pick whoever they want -- would you like to see a Sooner-Gator matchup there?

And to make things even more complicated -- if Oregon State wins all the rest of their games, they would wind up in the Rose Bowl, and USC could wind up playing somewhere else. How about OU/USC in the Fiesta Bowl?

Oh boy -- this is too complicated to even think about!!

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2008, 12:37 PM
#1 I can almost guarantee it would be Texas-Bama if they win out. Penn State has to live with the big10 shadow cast by tOSU the last 2 years. I would agree, BTW.

#2 OU/Penn State in the Fiesta.

#3 you didn't ask, but this is all highly improbable. I just hope OU wins out and USC doesn't :D

DallasSooner87
10/13/2008, 01:09 PM
For the love of God I don't want to go back to Arizona. If Saxet and Bama (they won't) win out they would play in MNC game, and the fiesta bowl would probably try and take us as a Big 12 replacement. :(

Edmond Sooner
10/13/2008, 05:00 PM
Anything other than another Fiesta Bowl.

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 05:04 PM
If all three win out and its not Texas and 'Bama that'd be a total disgrace.

OUMedMan
10/13/2008, 05:17 PM
Thinking about this a bit. . . .

If Penn State wins out but doesn't go to the BCS NC game then I think they will be obligated to the Rose Bowl. If it was Texas and Alabama in the NC game, I'm not sure that the Fiesta Bowl or Sugar Bowl could claim either Penn State or USC from the Rose Bowl.

It's not inconceivable that Oregon State could win out along with USC -- which would mean that Oregon State would be in the Rose Bowl against possibly Penn State, who has already beat them by about 30 points. I would think it quite likely that USC would also get a BCS bowl invite, so it could be USC/OU in the Fiesta. I'm guessing that the Fiesta Bowl would like that matchup, since OU would probably travel much better than say Florida or Georgia -- in only on distance considerations by itself.

Would OU have a say in that situation? Could they chose to go to the Sugar Bowl to face Georgia, for instance, instead of USC in the Fiesta?

josh09
10/13/2008, 05:18 PM
Listen, if we make it to a BCS Bowl and win, ill be extremely happy. And if it happens to be the NC game, then great. But after the past 5 years of not winning big bowls, i think its time we got one.

PalmBeachSooner
10/13/2008, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that if UT and Alabama finish undefeated they are in the BCS. In that case PSU would go to the Rose bowl and play the Pac-10 winner. There wouldn't be any other option for PSU.

After that who knows? I think the winner of the SEC east (uGa or Florida) will definitely go to the Sugar to play who knows. The Orange bowl will take the winner of the ACC. That means there will be 5 at large bids, Fiesta (2), Sugar (2), Orange (1). I figure the winner of the BYU-Utah game will go to the Fiesta and probably play the #2 Big 12 team.

It's highly likely that the Big 12 and the SEC could each have three teams BCS eligible, but each conference will have a team left out, because you can only have two teams in BCS bowl games.

Let's say there are 3 big 12 teams in the top 5? One team will be left out of the BCS mix since a conference can't have more than 3 teams in BCS bowls.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 05:42 PM
**** that I'm not playing another David vs Goliath game. Hopefully Bob takes things into control this we week, and realizes to only trust himself.

stoopified
10/13/2008, 05:55 PM
#1 who cares?If OU ain't there I don't give a rat's rear!#2 I would like to play USC in Fiesta.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/13/2008, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that if UT and Alabama finish undefeated they are in the BCS. In that case PSU would go to the Rose bowl and play the Pac-10 winner. There wouldn't be any other option for PSU.

After that who knows? I think the winner of the SEC east (uGa or Florida) will definitely go to the Sugar to play who knows. The Orange bowl will take the winner of the ACC. That means there will be 5 at large bids, Fiesta (2), Sugar (2), Orange (1). I figure the winner of the BYU-Utah game will go to the Fiesta and probably play the #2 Big 12 team.

It's highly likely that the Big 12 and the SEC could each have three teams BCS eligible, but each conference will have a team left out, because you can only have two teams in BCS bowl games.

Let's say there are 3 big 12 teams in the top 5? One team will be left out of the BCS mix since a conference can't have more than 3 teams in BCS bowls.

I wondered why I couldn't get that user name. How ironic.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 06:21 PM
now that is funny

PDXsooner
10/13/2008, 06:21 PM
If OU can't play for the Nat'l title, than by all means let it be an SEC team. That is apparently the standard by which college football is measured. Florida or 'Bama. or LSU. whoever.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 06:23 PM
If we end up making it to the national championship, it would mean that our Defense really really really changed and stepped it up. Or it would mean that Stoops took over at Defensive Coordinator .

Take your pick

tbl
10/13/2008, 07:02 PM
Living in Atlanta and having never played them before, I'd love to see OU/UGA in the Sugar if UGA can win out. That'd be awesome. Every one of my friends here are all huge Dawg fans so that'd be the match up I'd prefer to see most.