PDA

View Full Version : What we need to happen

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:17 AM
Now that it has been a couple of days, I start to really think of what needs to happen. Lets take it one conference at a time.

Big 12.

Obviously we need to win out. That is step one. Assuming it comes down to us and Texas, which possible scenario would be best fitting for us?

Scenario A
Texas beating Missouri this weekend, then losing a game (Tech maybe), and finish the regular season with 1 loss. Assuming Missouri will lose to Texas, they too win out the rest of their games. So at this point the big 12 championship game would have a 1 loss Texas and a 2 loss Missouri. Obviously we would be pulling for Missouri to win, and if we only have 1 loss we have a great chance to be ranked top 2 at season end.

Scenario B

Other possible scenario. Again we have to win out. We also would want Texas to lose 2 games (Missouri, Tech), and have us in the big 12 ship and beat Missouri, and that would probably put us in the National Championship.

And don't forget there could end up being a 4 way tie in the south, it could happen. Somebody find that rules for that please?

Now there is that Penn State team, we obviously want them to lose a game. When is the last time Penn State went undefeated? okay. I see them losing a game, its just how college football is.

Then you got the SEC. Again we need Alabama to lose a game this year. Hopefully a non ranked team can take care of them, and maybe they lose to LSU. Next we want Georgia to beat Florida. LSU to beat Georgia. And if 1 loss LSU goes into the SEC championship game against a 2 loss Florida/ Georgia, we would obviously want a team from the East to win.
So at the end of the regular season/sec championship game, each SEC team will have 2 losses.

Now we have USC and Ohio State, if we win out we will be ranked ahead of both of them at season end. Our strength of schedule will dominate theirs.

In the end we just have to hope and win, upsets are going to happen people we all know that.

Let me know what you think...?

A-M
10/13/2008, 11:22 AM
But first of all, we have to win out. We really do need to win out big to stay in the hunt. If we play like we did Saturday on D, it will never happen.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:23 AM
Agree step 1) win every quarter . How bout that as our Team motto ?

WIN EVERY QUARTER .

I LIKE !

St. Louis Sooner
10/13/2008, 11:27 AM
:confused: i'm so confused :confused:

too much to think about ... i may defer on this until our next open date; but in the meantime ... :pop:

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:29 AM
Ya I hear you, I just cant stop thinking about it. But this is what will happen. ESPN will not talk about us anymore, and say we our out. We will fly under the radar and continue to win every game, then at season end, wow where did the Sooners come from?

Johnny Utah
10/13/2008, 11:29 AM
Agree step 1) win every quarter . How bout that as our Team motto ?

WIN EVERY QUARTER .

I LIKE !

Me likey too!

A Horn
10/13/2008, 11:30 AM
You guys are the #4 team in the country...

ESPN will not stop talking about yall. No one has counted yall out. BCS/NC implications still alive without question.

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 11:32 AM
We just need UT to win out and Bama and Penn State to lose, we'll be number two sitting there waiting for either Texas, if they win the CCG. If Texas loses the CCG, we'll play the winner of the SEC CCG. It's pretty simple.

We have two teams ahead of us that need to lose (Penn and Bama).

St. Louis Sooner
10/13/2008, 11:33 AM
yes ... i do what i can to harrass ESPN (& SI) and their biased thinking; it's the least i can do;

nothing speaks louder than winning though; alright, alright ... luck has to figure in too;

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:33 AM
Ya but that is in the AP poll , people tend to forget that has nothing to do with the BCS system. In the coaches poll we are 6th, ranked behind USC somehow someway.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:39 AM
Alabama remaining schedule

Ole Miss
@ Tennessee
Arkansas State
@ LSU
Miss. State
Auburn

Penn State Remaining Schedule

Michigan
@ Ohio State
@ Iowa
Indiana
Michigan State

Johnny Utah
10/13/2008, 11:44 AM
Alabama remaining schedule

Ole Miss
@ Tennessee
Arkansas State
@ LSU
Miss. State
Auburn

Penn State Remaining Schedule

Michigan
@ Ohio State
@ Iowa
Indiana
Michigan State

I potentially see 1 loss for both Bama and PSU.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:46 AM
Ya if Bama only has 1 loss, we would want them to lose to a 2 loss sec east team, in the sec ship.

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 12:02 PM
Ya but that is in the AP poll , people tend to forget that has nothing to do with the BCS system. In the coaches poll we are 6th, ranked behind USC somehow someway.
The Harris Poll we're 4th and the AP does award their own MNC award which apparently is just as legit as the BCS (See USC 2004).

We'll have the opportunity to beat two top 5ish teams and 15th Kansas this weekend. We'll be moving up in the coaches poll and the computers.

SoonerSoph
10/13/2008, 12:14 PM
If you don't win your conference, you shouldn't be a National Champion. We need Texas to lose twice, or Tech or OSU to beat Texas and win out besides us to create a tiebreaker situation. No matter it is disappointing not to have our fate in our own hands. I truly feel this would be the case had Ryan Reynolds not gotten injured. Time to see what Austin Box can do, he's a great athlete.

TMcGee86
10/13/2008, 12:22 PM
Scenario A

Texas beating Missouri this weekend, then losing a game (Tech maybe),

Scenario B

Other possible scenario. Again we have to win out. We also would want Texas to lose 2 games (Missouri, Tech),

STOP IGNORING US DAMMMITT!!!!!!!!!111[hairGel]

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 01:06 PM
2001 Nebraska didn't even play of the big 12 ship.

I agree with you Ron if we keep winning we will keep moving up. There is just a big cluster **** with good teams still .

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 01:20 PM
If you don't win your conference, you shouldn't be a National Champion. We need Texas to lose twice, or Tech or OSU to beat Texas and win out besides us to create a tiebreaker situation. No matter it is disappointing not to have our fate in our own hands. I truly feel this would be the case had Ryan Reynolds not gotten injured. Time to see what Austin Box can do, he's a great athlete.
If the two best teams in the country are in one conference and the same division within that conference, it's not only possible but absolutely the right thing.

UT could make it to the CCG as #1 and play #10 Miz but not OU. We don't need anything but to keep winning.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 01:30 PM
If we win out, I like our chances a lot.

fwsooner22
10/13/2008, 01:40 PM
Plan A- Stop giving up 45 points

Nuff Said

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 02:23 PM
Win every quarter.

damn Saturday needs to get here.

soonerlaw
10/13/2008, 02:52 PM
We just need to win out and win big. TTU will be tough, KU is a really good team, and that T-giving weekend showdown in Stillwater will be scary. We need to beat those teams and beat them good. Even if Texas doesn't drop 2 and allow us to go to the conference championship, I think we will have a case in the polls and computers to get a title shot.

Oh and I can't remember the last time PSU went undefeated, but I think it was maybe 1996, but whenever it was, they didn't even get a share of the mnc.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 02:54 PM